PDA

View Full Version : A Worrying Investigation

PawnXIIX
06-03-2012, 02:21 AM
I was bored and was robbing so I decided to start taking stats on the players who I came across. So far I took data on 50 players and this was the finding:

Distribution: Defense as a function of mafia count
Sample size: 50

Min mob: 91
Max mob: 214

Min Defense: 2,660
Max Defense: 11,596

Linear Regression: 30.12x + 1472.19

I expect that as I put more data into the calculation, then the data will be less skewed as well as more accurate as stated in the law of averages. However, lets get into what is worrying about this data.

Based on common theory, it should be expected that when somebody doubles their mafia size they should double their defense in theory. Now that's not exactly as practical here but what I'm getting at is also that newer higher defense buildings are unlocked as well, so that should combat the argument that they are simply running out of weapons/buildings to provide with.

According to this regression, a player with 100 mafia has, on average, 4,484 defense. When their mafia size is doubled to 200, this should lead to a defense of 9,968 defense. According to the regression though, they are only averaging 7,496 defense with such a mafia. That is a 100% increase in mob size whilst their defense stats only receive a 60% increase.

Is anybody else thinking players are just ignoring the fact that they are getting weaker by spamming mafia members thinking they're actually getting better? According to the statistics, which never lie, there is a clear regression here that combats the common though among non-forums users that seems to explain that "More mob = more power" which is completely incorrect. I'd rather go out with 100 mafia with strong weapons than 200 with weak ones.

Anybody have any thoughts? Did I mess up? Any complaints please list below :)

According to this regression, my defense should only equal 4,724 :P

Miss Jasmine
06-03-2012, 02:38 AM
Is anybody else thinking players are just ignoring the fact that they are getting weaker by spamming mafia members thinking they're actually getting better?

That pretty much about sums it up. I was doing the exact same thing until I learned better from the forums. On Android, higher mafia (even over 500), actually DOES appear to significantly increase your attack and defense (It's only a profile boost though). When I first started out and had well over 800 mafia, my attack appeared to be almost 6k something despite actually being lower than like 1,000.

It wasn't until I learned about PvP brackets from the various guides here that I finally realized that less could actually be more.

The Billionaire
06-03-2012, 03:09 AM
"More mob = more power"

I think at least 50% of the people playing crime city believe the above to be true......idiots!

They must at some point notice that their attack and defence stats stop increasing when they add mafia members. This was when i first realised and searched the web for an answer which is when i found this forum.

DenZ1
06-03-2012, 03:42 AM
I think its just common sense man. You don't need probabilities and regression analysis to figure it out :)

Dipstik
06-03-2012, 05:40 AM
Obvious post is obvious. Are you the same guy who came up with the grand theory that the reason so many people are cheating is "they learned it on teh internets"?

upsman_17
06-03-2012, 06:21 AM
Obvious post is obvious. Are you the same guy who came up with the grand theory that the reason so many people are cheating is "they learned it on teh internets"?

Lol. Just wondering if you are a MLB fan and read Keith Law articles on ESPN?

rareay84
06-03-2012, 06:32 AM
Yep. I have to sit down and force myself to spend a week pouring resources into equipment, when I'd rather be saving for that next upgrade or expansion. Funzio makes it really easy to just notice everyone has one of everything and call it good, and we like to forget a lot of those items are subpar loot drops.

Dipstik
06-03-2012, 08:02 AM
Lol. Just wondering if you are a MLB fan and read Keith Law articles on ESPN?

Nope and nope.

Luciferianism
06-03-2012, 08:09 AM
I stay at high mafia anyway to be able to see people with over 500 and do thug life. I think it should be everyone's priority before dropping mafia.

iteachem
06-03-2012, 08:14 AM
I stay at high mafia anyway to be able to see people with over 500 and do thug life. I think it should be everyone's priority before dropping mafia.

You don't have to be that high to see over 500. I once droped to 250 to help a friend and could still see over 500. they couldn't see me so I could still do TL until I came back up

Kiss Of Death
06-03-2012, 08:22 AM
....Is anybody else thinking players are just ignoring the fact that they are getting weaker by spamming mafia members thinking they're actually getting better? According to the statistics, which never lie, there is a clear regression here that combats the common though among non-forums users that seems to explain that "More mob = more power" which is completely incorrect. I'd rather go out with 100 mafia with strong weapons than 200 with weak ones.

Anybody have any thoughts? Did I mess up? Any complaints please list below :)

According to this regression, my defense should only equal 4,724 :P

SHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!! Stop it!!!!! Any one of us nerds who likes statistics can see that 90% of players out there don't think about things! most of those I have viewed only seem to focus on equipping armor, mêlée and guns with armor coming last of the three... most when viewing inventory have less than 1 vehicle per 4 mob members and most have ZERO explosives... i guess they think that 'consumable' means it gets used up each time. I made sure I was decking out even cheap 2k cars and $50 Molotov's per mob member and I found my stats even with low value items was far greater than players up to 100 mafia members above me...

So yes i notice it... now delete this thread in it's entirety before more noobs read it!!

Dipstik
06-03-2012, 10:40 AM
Quit padding your post count!

Dipstik
06-03-2012, 10:57 AM
What if 6mg Ambilify does not relieve my symptoms? Can I buy things more in 10mg tablets? Do you accept free dumps?

PawnXIIX
06-03-2012, 11:44 AM

Nope I was just really bored and wanted to see two thing:

A: How strong higher mob players were in comparison to lower mob players
B: See the extent of the stats bracket i'm in