PDA

View Full Version : 'Hidden' money buildings?

Olly1
06-02-2012, 05:41 PM
Those of you that play CC will know you have to reach 300 mafia to unlock one high end money building. There's also another one that only shows in the lists until you hit a certain level (in this case level 200)

Are there any buildings like this in MW?

Luke7676
06-02-2012, 06:02 PM
I don't think so. I have a ally that is lvl 200 and he doesn't have anything different than the rest of us.

Sia
06-02-2012, 06:06 PM
I don't think so. I have a ally that is lvl 200 and he doesn't have anything different than the rest of us.

Things are going to change for level 200 as I have heard.

DSD
06-02-2012, 10:56 PM
I'm level 200, so I did the Arabian sea map, all for noting really all those xp's just goes poof =D

Would be cool if there was something "special" since I see more and more 200's out there.

Jhoemel
06-02-2012, 11:02 PM
I'm level 200, so I did the Arabian sea map, all for noting really all those xp's just goes poof =D

Would be cool if there was something "special" since I see more and more 200's out there.

how did you achieve level 200 that fast?

Agent Orange
06-03-2012, 06:29 AM
Nope not that I've seen. Just cloaked ones.

el_gringo
06-03-2012, 08:57 AM
Whats this about 'cloaked' buildings AO? How does that work?

Dreno33
06-03-2012, 08:58 AM
Whats this about 'cloaked' buildings AO? How does that work?

he means hiding buildings behind other buildings

el_gringo
06-03-2012, 09:00 AM

Ah seen. I've got my ground boost building hidden like that and its more trouble than its worth.

I notice in KA that they changed it so that when you tap an enemy building it now says the level of the building in place of the player name.

Dreno33
06-03-2012, 09:01 AM
Ah seen. I've got my ground boost building hidden like that and its more trouble than its worth.

you don't know. You'll never know how many people skip it scanning through hoods...

el_gringo
06-03-2012, 10:24 AM
you don't know. You'll never know how many people skip it scanning through hoods...

Problem is I'm trying to camp for a while now (mainly so I can change flag to UK without losing att/def) but keep getting people hitting me and losing, which gives me xp and often loses me a unit.

I maintain its cos people think my ground boost is probably at 2 like my other boosts, but its actually at 5.

Dreno33
06-03-2012, 10:34 AM
Problem is I'm trying to camp for a while now (mainly so I can change flag to UK without losing att/def) but keep getting people hitting me and losing, which gives me xp and often loses me a unit.

I maintain its cos people think my ground boost is probably at 2 like my other boosts, but its actually at 5.

TWO things you should know (if you don't) about camping in MW:

1) LOWER ally account to no one (less of a rival's list)
2) IF you have gold units, you may end up with a COMPLETE army of gold (AKA no casualties!!!)

el_gringo
06-03-2012, 11:19 AM
TWO things you should know (if you don't) about camping in MW:

1) LOWER ally account to no one (less of a rival's list)
2) IF you have gold units, you may end up with a COMPLETE army of gold (AKA no casualties!!!)

I could probably go down to an almost all gold army if I went down to just grunts but don't wanna go through the trouble, plus I've selected quite a lot of my allies based on level/strength/flag

Bronson
06-03-2012, 11:22 AM

No he doesn't he means actually making the building disappear so when rivals click on their base they can't see the buildings.

el_gringo
06-03-2012, 11:41 AM
No he doesn't he means actually making the building disappear so when rivals click on their base they can't see the buildings.

And how is this done? Is it unlocked at a certain level or something, or a gold purchase?

Poopenshire
06-03-2012, 11:44 AM
We believe it's either a hack or an exploit. There are people who claim to make it possible but I for one have never seen it.

Jp lfs
06-03-2012, 07:22 PM

Bronson is 100% correct on this one. You won't "see" it much in the lower levels. But in the higher levels you will see quite a few bases with lotsa land and no visible buildings. It somehow removes their numbers from their income per hour, too. So rivals checking out your base see nothing and move on. It is a form of cheating that doesn't involve hacking and is hard to prove, unless you are willing to go out of your way to rat on someone, so Funzio doesn't do much, if anything, to stop it, from what I have "seen." Ridiculously effective trick, if you know how to pull it off.

Jp lfs
06-03-2012, 07:24 PM
And how is this done? Is it unlocked at a certain level or something, or a gold purchase?

Just answering this question with instructions would get a person banned, so I wouldn't expect a reply.

JohnnyR
06-03-2012, 07:30 PM
Bronson is 100% correct on this one. You won't "see" it much in the lower levels. But in the higher levels you will see quite a few bases with lotsa land and no visible buildings. It somehow removes their numbers from their income per hour, too. So rivals checking out your base see nothing and move on. It is a form of cheating that doesn't involve hacking and is hard to prove, unless you are willing to go out of your way to rat on someone, so Funzio doesn't do much, if anything, to stop it, from what I have "seen." Ridiculously effective trick, if you know how to pull it off.

This is interesting. Pardon me if I'm missing something completely obvious though in asking this-but if the buildings do not appear, and income numbers don't show, how is anyone to know there is a hack going on? I would guess that the tell might be a command center not showing on the base or income being completely zero. Is that the case? Could simply be heavy cash buyers if it's not. I've heard of "offers" of cloak service, I have to wonder if the guys who buy in are getting fleeced and don't want to say anything...

Jp lfs
06-03-2012, 07:52 PM
This is interesting. Pardon me if I'm missing something completely obvious though in asking this-but if the buildings do not appear, and income numbers don't show, how is anyone to know there is a hack going on? I would guess that the tell might be a command center not showing on the base or income being completely zero. Is that the case? Could simply be heavy cash buyers if it's not. I've heard of "offers" of cloak service, I have to wonder if the guys who buy in are getting fleeced and don't want to say anything...

The only way I have noticed so far is to see a player with no unit buildings, but the higher level units in their inventory.

i.e.- No Advanced Airbase, but 500+ Super Hornets.

Granted, you could get it, upgrade it, buy them, then sell it, but if you watch them over several days and those #'s increase, you can tell.

Again, this involves a lot of work to prove, so it goes on unchecked. CCMark stated that he needed screenshots, player names, ID #'s, and other info, just to start an investigation, and they never release their results, or if any action was even taken by Funzio to stop it. I personally feel like this isn't my job to police other players, as I'm just trying to play my own game.

And there was a thread a week or so ago that explained (sorta) how to do it, but it has disappeared since.

Also, in the confirmed ones I have seen, the command center is always left uncloaked. Probably because that would be an instant giveaway.

marebear
06-03-2012, 07:53 PM
The thread didn't disappear. http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?30667-URGENT-Cloaking-Invisible-bases-glitch&highlight=Cloaking

Jp lfs
06-03-2012, 07:56 PM
The thread didn't disappear. http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?30667-URGENT-Cloaking-Invisible-bases-glitch&highlight=Cloaking

Well done, Mare!!! I actually searched for this, but couldn't find it. You rock!

marebear
06-03-2012, 07:59 PM
I looked under maple trees at first but the keyword was cloaking.

JohnnyR
06-03-2012, 08:00 PM
Thanks mare, appreciate the PM.

Jp, the unit observation makes sense. I still have to wonder if this is an elaborate scheme to take people's money though-as you pointed out a person could simply buy buildings, buy units, and then sell buildings. With SH in particular ya only need a level 2 advanced air base so it wouldn't be THAT hard. Not trying to poke holes here, just my 2 cents worth...

marebear
06-03-2012, 08:01 PM
Always happy to help a forum friend :)

JohnnyR
06-03-2012, 08:06 PM
Interesting to see the Pirates mentioned in the comment section. AO has mentined the cloak several times in the past, and I always assumed it was just a Pirate thing to sell buildings as a show of strength.... I didn't think it was a glitch. Weird how they talk about it in the open, without fear of punishment. Could it be a big joke?

Jp lfs
06-03-2012, 08:14 PM
I got taken down hard a few days ago by a "cloaker" so I started tracking him every few hours. He put up over 10k wins in about 8 hours. One day he had a level 10 airfield, the next day it was gone. He is a strong Sea Unit user, so he leaves his shipyard and Level 10 Naval Research visible, but has no Dry Docks...? Fishy doesn't even scratch the surface.

My question isn't "Is it real?" My question is "Are the rest of us stupid for NOT cloaking?"

JohnnyR
06-03-2012, 08:19 PM
Would like to see Speed ump weigh in on this....