PDA

View Full Version : New Idea about reducing upgrade times.

manbeast
06-02-2012, 10:32 AM
Hopefully something is already in the works to reduce upgrade times, but I've had this idea for a long time but never posted it.

The idea:
You pay more $$$ for the upgrade, and in turn the upgrade happens faster.

This is how it happens in real life. You pay more money to make things happen faster.

For instance:
You have a 1 million dollar upgrade that takes 48 hrs.
When you hit "upgrade" it opens up a table with different options:
1 million/ 48 hrs
2 million/ 36 hrs
5 million/ 24 hrs

Thoughts?

SeqWins
06-02-2012, 11:47 AM
Who voted against? I want to know your opinion as to why it's lame.

Ryans67
06-02-2012, 12:13 PM
They definately need to do something about the upgrade times. I think allowing two at a time would be great. Or creating a building that reduces upgrade times like the cement factory. Current upgrading requires camping, and camping sucks. If I sit around a week not touching anything, I'm less inclined to buy gold.

Arizona
06-02-2012, 12:44 PM
Who voted against? I want to know your opinion as to why it's lame.

I voted LAME!

I'm cool with the upgrade times as they are. I just think Funzio got the balance about right on this one. Everyone wants something to reduce something else. I don't want this game getting too easy.
Yeah they take ages, but that's one of the addicting things about the game for me. I want to play a long term game.
Anyway, there's a gold paying option to "finish now" on every upgrade. If you don't like upgrade times, pay with gold to get it finished. Lots of people buy gold for units but aren't prepared to spend it on building upgrades. Why not? You want the easy way out, you got it. Its called spend some gold.

I'm off to watch Return Of The King. Be back later for some abuse.:)

Speed ump
06-02-2012, 12:53 PM
I spend gold for upgrade sometimes. I guess if you do this and don't make it too obvious, the gold haters won't scold you.

Tenspot
06-02-2012, 02:23 PM
I'd also like to be able to see the upgrade info for a building while an upgrade is in progress so I can plan my next one. Just move the "Can't Upgrade" message from the first upgrade button to the second.

They should do the same for KA and CC, though I haven't played CC but I assume it's the same.

Andrew578559816
06-02-2012, 02:26 PM
This can happen now if you are willing to pay gold

SeqWins
06-02-2012, 02:35 PM
I voted LAME!

I'm cool with the upgrade times as they are. I just think Funzio got the balance about right on this one. Everyone wants something to reduce something else. I don't want this game getting too easy.
Yeah they take ages, but that's one of the addicting things about the game for me. I want to play a long term game.
Anyway, there's a gold paying option to "finish now" on every upgrade. If you don't like upgrade times, pay with gold to get it finished. Lots of people buy gold for units but aren't prepared to spend it on building upgrades. Why not? You want the easy way out, you got it. Its called spend some gold.

I can respect this, I just wanted to know your side of things...

Fifth Reich
06-02-2012, 02:42 PM
Lame, because Funzio will run out of money and go bankrupt.

Arizona
06-02-2012, 03:34 PM
I can respect this, I just wanted to know your side of things...

Thanks
I forgot to mention I also have that 20% time reduction unit, Silent Drifter, helo. It wouldn't have changed my opinion though, if I didn't have it. I suppose I just accept that's what the times are, so I plan around that.

SeqWins
06-02-2012, 03:36 PM

See this is exactly why I asked because of kids like these.....

Fifth Reich
06-02-2012, 07:00 PM
See this is exactly why I asked because of kids like these..... Nobody would use gold.

manbeast
06-02-2012, 07:34 PM
I voted LAME!

i agree, i dont want the game getting too easy. I also want a long term game, but in order for me to keep playing, it has to be fun! Keep me excited! Doing a measly 1 upgrade a week is not very exciting. I don't believe something like this will make the game easier. It adds another layer of strategy. The player has to choose to go the cheap route for better ROI, or the expensive route and rush the project. Is it worth it to spend 5 times more on an upgrade to make it happen twice as fast? Thats very debatable.

LOL. Modern War has been in the top 25 grossing apps for months now. And I can GUARANTEE its not bc people spend gold on upgrades. They spend gold on crates, events, and units.

Besides, if you want the upgrade instantly, you will still have to spend gold.

Heres another example:
lvl 10 composites factory upgrade:
$10 million/106 hrs
$20 million/80 hrs
$50 million/50 hrs

Warfiend
06-02-2012, 08:05 PM
This is the best suggestion yet regarding reducing upgrade times so far IMO. The big draw for me is the potential for more people holding large sums of unvaulted cash. It adds to the game play on two different levels.

manbeast
06-02-2012, 09:58 PM
This is the best suggestion yet regarding reducing upgrade times so far IMO. The big draw for me is the potential for more people holding large sums of unvaulted cash. It adds to the game play on two different levels.

Didn't think about the unvaulted cash! that IS a nice perk. pvp has been tough lately.

one of my fav things is that it'll help people who arent camping. if you are doing pvp and pve and collecting from your base, you should have higher income than someone just sitting on their base collecting. therefore, you can better afford the faster upgrade and the camper wont be able to.

Hellstorm
06-02-2012, 10:07 PM
I love this idea... Respect

manbeast
06-03-2012, 07:22 AM
I love this idea... Respect

Thanks bud. I just sent you an ally request.

Odie
06-03-2012, 07:29 AM
Sounds interesting, I'd be even more in favor if it led to a small vault increase since some of these could be $50M+ and even lower ones might be $20M for the best time. I know people want as much unvaulted cash laying around as possible at the higher levels. Eventually I think the vault has to jump up some though probably.

Jhoemel
06-03-2012, 07:37 AM
yeah, I hope the vault can be at least 15m

Ducati
06-03-2012, 08:01 AM
Voted lame. The game is supposed to last a long time.
You guys are just to impatient :)

bigflan
06-03-2012, 08:07 AM
Guys I voted lame you use gold to speed up upgrades and practically this will never happen they want people to spend gold or you guys can be patient and wait and for those of you who have the reduction in time good for you

Dreno33
06-03-2012, 08:57 AM
I spend gold for upgrade sometimes. I guess if you do this and don't make it too obvious, the gold haters won't scold you.

i only have on accident, haha

manbeast
06-03-2012, 07:38 PM
i only have on accident, haha

you are only at lvl 7??? how long have u been playing?

i wonder how long until our next update.... i bet it comes randomly any day now. hopefully there will be something in it that reduces upgrade times. anybody else got a different idea? (besides this or boost building)

Malazan Elite
06-03-2012, 10:16 PM
I voted lame and I did so because seeing alot of premium, high level buildings is impressive. I would not want take that away from players (myself included) that have worked hard to get them there. It is the time invested as much as the money spent that makes me compliment someone's base. Make it too quick and everyone will have lvl 10 everything
Lvl 87
Attack/def - 30k+
$/hr - 498k

manbeast
06-03-2012, 10:24 PM
I voted lame and I did so because seeing alot of premium, high level buildings is impressive. I would not want take that away from players (myself included) that have worked hard to get them there. It is the time invested as much as the money spent that makes me compliment someone's base. Make it too quick and everyone will have lvl 10 everything
Lvl 87
Attack/def - 30k+
$/hr - 498k

you disliked my idea enough to join the forum and make your first post in my thread! i'm honored lol

i see where u are coming from but i dont think people will be having lvl 10 everything. this idea doesnt really make the game easier, as i explained before

Mcdoc
06-04-2012, 02:02 AM
Lame - they have a gold option already in place. Next you will want a cash option to open event crates - oh wait - they already have that too :)

Malazan Elite
06-04-2012, 11:15 AM
you disliked my idea enough to join the forum and make your first post in my thread! i'm honored lol

i see where u are coming from but i dont think people will be having lvl 10 everything. this idea doesnt really make the game easier, as i explained before

I have actually been enjoying this forum for some months now but had not gotten around to joining. Most of the time other ppl have expressed my opinions so I didnt want to join just to echo someone elses post. The idea you posted def has potential, I am actually in favour of a small correction but figured I would choose a strong opposition stance to (hopefully) keep the change from getting out of hand. Most ppl seem to be on board so I didn't want the admin to take this idea too far and kill the cool factor of a well made base. Keep up the good work, we gotta keep funzio in check cause I really dig this game.

SeqWins
07-02-2012, 06:44 PM
Bump, we're gonna make something happen or else.

manbeast
07-02-2012, 06:51 PM
haha

i agree seq. mark said he wanted to hear our ideas!! well here you go!!! forward these on to somebody who can make it happen!!

i remember the first couple of days this poll had a 90% yes vote!

bigflan
07-02-2012, 06:52 PM
haha

i agree seq. mark said he wanted to hear our ideas!! well here you go!!! forward these on to somebody who can make it happen!!

i remember the first couple of days this poll had a 90% yes vote!No bad idea you use gold and you're taking away money from gree which they will not do idea will not work sorry I want it to but we have to sniff the roses

magepker
07-02-2012, 06:53 PM
if this game is supposed to be any sort of way realistic this would be the best way to show that.

When you want something done quickly, you pay more $ to get it done faster.

bigflan
07-02-2012, 06:55 PM
if this game is supposed to be any sort of way realistic this would be the best way to show that.

When you want something done quickly, you pay more $ to get it done faster.But they use gold and gree want there money this won't happen I what this too if I had a choice I would do it but I don't and I'm sure gree won't like it either

Lordsloss
07-02-2012, 07:00 PM
I said lame because I wanted to be that guy. Other than that, awesome idea ha

negotiator
07-02-2012, 07:08 PM
I'd also like to be able to see the upgrade info for a building while an upgrade is in progress so I can plan my next one. Just move the "Can't Upgrade" message from the first upgrade button to the second.

They should do the same for KA and CC, though I haven't played CC but I assume it's the same.

I have read this before and I like this idea.