PDA

View Full Version : PvP mechanic questions

Tai
06-02-2012, 07:23 AM
Hey everybody,

I have been playing Modern War well over 5 months now and reached level 115. I absolutely love the game and I put quite some time in it.

Even though I've been playing for a while now, I still am not sure of how the PvP mechanics work. Untill now I've been checking other players' their profile to check their Attack/Defense. If my Attack would be higher than my rivals Defense, I would set up an attack or raid. This worked out pretty well, so I continued with this idea. I am however not sure if this really is the case. Could someone explain how it works or if this is indeed the case ?

I have had multiple times though, that even though my ATT is higher than the rivals DEF, the rival takes the victory. What are other factors that influence victory ?

Final I have one more question about Allies. From what I understand: when you receive an ally, you can bring 4 more units in to battle. But does the strength (Att/Def) of your ally have any effect on your own profile ?
I realized there is a cap of 500 'usable' allies and 2000 units.

Some statistics about my game, should it be of use:
Level: 115
# of Allieance Members: 707
# of Units: 5144
Attack: 61324
Defense: 67247

Thank you,
-Tai :)

stricker
06-02-2012, 07:52 AM
...i suggest you start here: http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?21637-General-Tips-for-n00-(read-first-post)&p=131237&viewfull=1#post131237

...skill points are the unknown factor most of the time. also, boost from country bonus, bldgs & special event units play into the mechanics also. you have to learn how to recon all of this and draw conclusions on your opponents. btw... 500 allies is the max you will ever need.

good luck!!!

Tai
06-02-2012, 08:12 AM
...i suggest you start here: http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?21637-General-Tips-for-n00-(read-first-post)&p=131237&viewfull=1#post131237...

Thank you very much. This pretty much answered all of my questions !

Jman2345678
06-02-2012, 12:35 PM
I had the same problem. I got attacked and had more defense than their attack by a considerable ammount. They also took a lot of money from the attacks. So in a intelligent way, I noticed that my attack was significantly larger than their defense and attack back. They didn't have really anything to boost their units stats and we were the same on allies. I think the ration for A/D was 2800/2700 for me and 2500/2200 for them. Would anyone care to explain this from the development team? I also later came back after getting a high attack stat and still lost with 3400 attack. This has happened alot and it gets really frustrating that even though logic says I should win, I don't.

Tate
06-02-2012, 01:12 PM
Again, as Stricker points out, it is dependent on their flag, defense boost buildings, and if they have won any of the boost items in events. Example UK, with a lvl 3 research building will have 16% higher stats than what you can see, unless you are UK as well.