PDA

View Full Version : Best places to get coffers

Gi0rgi0s
06-02-2012, 07:16 AM
I was wondering where you guys have found the best places to get coffers are. I've been doing jobs on Canal St. to minimize the amount of energy spent, but I might be shooting myself in the foot. Have you found a link between energy cost and likelihood to get a coffer? Do you have more success in PvP looking for them?

Seems like they are only getting dropped like 1 / 50 jobs.

PawnXIIX
06-02-2012, 07:20 AM
Welcome to the forums.

I just keep up with trying to farm my items and they drop the coffers very often. The higher energy cost it will take, the more coffers will drop.

I'm trying to get double deckers so i'm at Empire Airport doing the City Bus job (Hijack @ 3x215 energy) and they drop coffers around 66% per tap. That's just my experience, but it is known that the higher the energy cost for the job the more coffers you will get.

jmeijer
06-02-2012, 07:20 AM
For my first coffer, I did the Shooting Gallery at Boardwalk. After that, I go for robberies and fights.

Daniel2115
06-02-2012, 07:23 AM
Started off at clothing store in empire arena but just doing robberies and attCks from now on

Dipstik
06-02-2012, 07:27 AM
Dude named "tony soprano" has been sort of a coffer machine for me so far.

QPR
06-02-2012, 07:38 AM
Control tower empire airport

Gi0rgi0s
06-02-2012, 08:24 AM
Thanks guys, but I'm only lvl 20. I'll try attacking a variety of places and I'll let you know.

PawnXIIX
06-02-2012, 08:28 AM
Thanks guys, but I'm only lvl 20. I'll try attacking a variety of places and I'll let you know.

Well at least the openings are cheap :) Maybe do the bank job at 4x108 energy in Civic Center if you have it unlocked? That's not a bad reward and it'd give you between 6 and 14 openings per completion. The goal with finding the coffers is to find a high energy job, the more energy spent the better odds you have at finding one.

dudeman
06-02-2012, 08:30 AM
I skipped over this thread countless times, reading the title as "Best places to get coffees".

I thought it was spam. :/

I like Ma Sheng and Kane da Silva. They are pretty reliable for dropping event boxes. Sometimes they don't drop, but I think better than half the time I get a drop out of them.

PawnXIIX
06-02-2012, 08:38 AM
I like Ma Sheng and Kane da Silva. They are pretty reliable for dropping event boxes. Sometimes they don't drop, but I think better than half the time I get a drop out of them.

I think it's safe to say that the best jobs to do are the ones that take between 200-400 energy per tap. If you go any higher than 400 in my opinion then you run the risk of expending all your energy too quickly. Less than 200 and you may be too low in terms of the rate. There's some formula...we'll just never know and we'll never be completely sure.

In 200 years or so after the world collapses it will become declassified information.

Odie
06-02-2012, 09:15 AM
I skipped over this thread countless times, reading the title as "Best places to get coffees".

Like the OP I am lower level also (25) so I'll try the civic center bank job, but where are these two? Names sound familiar but I can't remember where I might have seen them.

dudeman
06-02-2012, 09:19 AM
Like the OP I am lower level also (25) so I'll try the civic center bank job, but where are these two? Names sound familiar but I can't remember where I might have seen them.

Ok, well I didn't see what level anyone was at, I was just posting my two favourite jobs from which to get event boxes.

The two I mentioned are the bosses for the last two maps, so at level 20-25 you are still a long way off from unlocking those options.

Another option is to do the job that costs you the most energy. Higher energy costs is supposed to mean a better chance at having a box drop.

Odie
06-02-2012, 09:57 AM
Ok, well I didn't see what level anyone was at, I was just posting my two favourite jobs from which to get event boxes.

The two I mentioned are the bosses for the last two maps, so at level 20-25 you are still a long way off from unlocking those options.

Another option is to do the job that costs you the most energy. Higher energy costs is supposed to mean a better chance at having a box drop.

True...thanks. We'll see how that goes

erik
06-02-2012, 09:58 AM
tuberculous sanitarium.

Dr Girlfriend
06-02-2012, 10:01 AM

I definitely feel like I get better than an 80% drop rate from Ma Sheng. It's always the first one of the event that misses, though. :) After that, I find it's practically 100%.

PawnXIIX
06-02-2012, 10:57 AM
Anyone want to think about this simple thought?

If they want to lower the disappointment people get at the end of the events, why not decrease the drop rate of the crate and increase the reward of the items inside? Technically that sounds plausible and reasonable right? Many of us get around a couple hundred of the crate items and only get around to actually successfully opening 100 if even that...

I say lower the drop rate on the items themselves and increase the opening rate. That would certainly make it more interesting to me, because then even if I don't get all 10 items then at least I would in theory get more of the other items like 500x respect or the batons or the colonels vest...all of which I would never turn down. (Except the not-so-advanced bike)

Dr Girlfriend
06-02-2012, 11:27 AM
Anyone want to think about this simple thought?

If they want to lower the disappointment people get at the end of the events, why not decrease the drop rate of the crate and increase the reward of the items inside? Technically that sounds plausible and reasonable right? Many of us get around a couple hundred of the crate items and only get around to actually successfully opening 100 if even that...

I say lower the drop rate on the items themselves and increase the opening rate. That would certainly make it more interesting to me, because then even if I don't get all 10 items then at least I would in theory get more of the other items like 500x respect or the batons or the colonels vest...all of which I would never turn down. (Except the not-so-advanced bike)

Except that they want you to spend gold on resetting the timer and to guarantee opens. If you have fewer crates lying around, but they're easier to open, people would spend less gold. Can't have that now, can we?

Gi0rgi0s
06-03-2012, 10:01 AM
I think it's safe to say that the best jobs to do are the ones that take between 200-400 energy per tap. If you go any higher than 400 in my opinion then you run the risk of expending all your energy too quickly. Less than 200 and you may be too low in terms of the rate. There's some formula...we'll just never know and we'll never be completely sure.

In 200 years or so after the world collapses it will become declassified information.

Well at least the openings are cheap :) Maybe do the bank job at 4x108 energy in Civic Center if you have it unlocked? That's not a bad reward and it'd give you between 6 and 14 openings per completion. The goal with finding the coffers is to find a high energy job, the more energy spent the better odds you have at finding one.

Well, I've had a lot of luck at the Fish Cannery at The Docks. About 1/5 chances I get one. Thanks for all of the info, it was very helpful.

Ranier
06-03-2012, 07:06 PM
I can't believe ppl have problem getting coffers, I can't get rid of the stupid things fast enough I have 18 now, 6 art, 30,000 Cash, 100 respect, dp Mac gun. I get them doing everything,,,it would be fine in all but me no have no gold.