PDA

View Full Version : Rune Boxes - negative impact

MSH
06-02-2012, 05:01 AM
Introduction of the rune boxes into the game has considerably tilted the playing field towards the “gem players -GPs”. At least before, an aggressive enough “free players –FPs” were able to offset GPs indestructible units advantage by getting increasingly higher quality loot. Basically – the more advanced your map – the better quality loot you get – so you keep advanced…Now, the loot quality at the advanced maps, such as Shipwreck Cove and the Dreadful Thicket is mediocre at best (much less so, than it was at say Sea of flames, or at Dragon’s Roost and the loot there became lower quality, than it was before, as well) and the frequency of the PvE loot drops declined. Instead, I get all those rune boxes which I would not be able even open efficiently till the end of the whole rune boxes event (I have got some 50+ already, my Ancient Spell option costs about 2k gold/try and the last few tries were duds. Even if I continue to try opening the darn boxes every hour 10 hours/day for the next 5 days the net outcome would be negative, at least based on my experience/success rate so far)…It seems that the only way to get to a positive return on the whole rune boxes deal is to use lots of gems (or just be unbelievably lucky), but that’s, at least in my opinion ruins the whole idea of a free game…

vitus79
06-02-2012, 05:05 AM
its a freemium or pay to win game, so basicly everything which makes a FP competitve to GPs will get nerfed once funzio discoveres any average for the FP. happened in CC to the m4a1, also in MW to the venal fighter i think it was. so dont expect funzio sitting there doing nothing if ppl stop buying gems or gold. sad but true

lucita
06-02-2012, 05:23 AM
I play only KA and I keep seeing reference of m4a1 here. Can someone point me to the thred on CC where I can find out what's m4a1 about? Even better if you can brief me on that here :) Many thanks!

Kiss Of Death
06-02-2012, 05:26 AM
I disagree. I see it as a free chance for players to potentially gain GOLD equivalent troops a few at a time for no money down... you don't have to open with cash but if you say you have a great city as you do the cash should be no problem, add me as an ally and view my city... I simply run off to dragon roost bash a few 33 energy dragon killers (2 hits to kill) and buy the boxes. I have unlocked the first 3 indestructible units in my first day today just doing that. Looking at the gold troops they're worth about 60-80 gold each so far... so thank you Funzio for the chance to use in house 'cash' to gain some free very powerful units... for nothing... I think so many people hype on about gold users but Funzio didn't design, employ and maintain this game for everyones free enjoyment, they tailor a program like all the others to appeal to a market and constantly stretch for ways to encourage inventing in them financially, you can chose to do that or not... and of course those who do, will gain for that investment. It's the same on every game out there. You don't become a designer to live in a trailer at the edge of town. There are 'free' games out there with no buy options... and they are crap because they can only go so far without any capital.

I dd not intend to buy at the start and instead looked at how can I offset this, but then I thought I love it so much and I like this or that so I get a bit here or there. I just decided to only buy units where the gold to total attack + Defense values is 1:1.2 or where at least one stat on its own was 1:0.7 or better... so I never bought anything above 60 gold. Now the boxes come along and for 175 gold the average output for 3 units works out about 1:2 or higher... with a very very rare chance or 1:0.9 which is the risk... So I love triple crates for really bumping your troops for great value.

Comps... they're free and you might win some stuff sometimes... you might not... and I can tell you paying gold in comps... no guarantee!!!! I blew 1110 gold in CC trying to get the 10th piece for the +40 Respect sniper rifle... for 4 days I opened 1 crate per hour with gold and even started resetting in the last few minutes... 80 cases... no piece. Complained and got a 'gift' back from Funzio of 224 gold as a customer satisfactin offer. I no longer use gold for ANYthing other than crates or the odd ratio unit as above... especially if it looks pretty :)

vitus79
06-02-2012, 05:34 AM
the m4a1 was a rifle with good stats compared to anything u could by in store, almost as strong as respect gear or low gold weapons around 50 bars. ppl used to farm them up to 500 to fully equip their mafia and raise stats very good doing that. high drop rates for low energy, just farmers heaven.
once funzio realized that, it got nerfed into rusty m4a1, which is kinda funny if u think about. funzio explained it like there was 2 different datas and they didnt realize at all why ppl go crazy on the m4 coz they had lower stats in their data.
however the ppl who could farm their sets can keep em due to time and energy spent on farming, new players cant get them anymore which leads to more purchasings of goldbars to compete. funzio logic

so the deal is not to post anything you find out which could turn into a game changer, it will end up in nerfing the stats or erase the item.

The_Red
06-02-2012, 06:35 AM
so the deal is not to post anything you find out which could turn into a game changer, it will end up in nerfing the stats or erase the item.

Come on - they should see the statistics of weapon drops, things the high level players have, etc through a quick grep of their UNIX databases to find this type of stuff out. If they have coders who can make a game like this - they certainly have some people who can grep and code perl to discover errors in their drop rate tables/formulas.

*shrug*

vitus79
06-02-2012, 06:37 AM
Come on - they should see the statistics of weapon drops, things the high level players have, etc through a quick grep of their UNIX databases to find this type of stuff out. If they have coders who can make a game like this - they certainly have some people who can grep and code perl to discover errors in their drop rate tables/formulas.

*shrug*

agree, it was just a poor try to explain why nering happens. i didnt buy it as well but well, its funzio u know. thats how they roll :P

edit: to OP, thought this rant goes to actual loot drops not reffering much to rune boxes on my reply

rareay84
06-02-2012, 06:38 AM
[BIG FONT SIZE RANT]I disagree. And I hit the big event prize in CC without spending any money (except for accidentally resetting my timer when there was only 3 min left on it).

MSH
06-02-2012, 07:15 AM
Big font size rant - sorry about the ig font - i just dont see that well...
As to the whole rune box event- my main concern is not the event itself, but the corresponding decline in the frequency and the quality of the regular pve loot drops. For example, my latest dragon's roost loot was canopic cudgel, a rather weak weapon usually dropped at abaad temple. My loot drops lately were mainly all those rune boxes - far too many for me to process efficiently

asdfg12345
06-02-2012, 09:39 AM
I dunno about you but I been making money from the rune boxes. I got multiple 4k boxes and a 20k one