PDA

View Full Version : Kings Ransom Tournament

Freekizh
06-01-2012, 06:45 PM
6/1 to 6/3 (pst). The top 500 lords will win! The lords with the highest hourly income rate will win.

I have no idea what this means..anyone? What is the prize?

Euchred
06-01-2012, 06:48 PM
Appears to be soley based off IPH, If it follows the other events on CC and MW the reward will be a very powerful unit with no boosts.

enahs1
06-01-2012, 06:52 PM
Confusing part is though is its 500 people above level 100 and 500 people below 100.
http://i1264.photobucket.com/albums/jj499/enahs1237/cc26d654.jpg
Who the heck is past 100?

Slickster
06-01-2012, 06:55 PM
Confusing part is though is its 500 people above level 100 and 500 people below 100.
http://i1264.photobucket.com/albums/jj499/enahs1237/cc26d654.jpg
Who the heck is past 100?From the last I seen they had only expand KA to level 75 so this event should be interesting

Freekizh
06-01-2012, 07:02 PM
Looks like the forum working again .. man and I had just finished camping from boosting my IPH..so this is gonna be a camping weekend?

Do we have official confirmation its IPH at the end of the period, and not maximum money collected in a particular one hour period? Its not like we can boost IPH much in a couple of days.

spectra
06-01-2012, 07:07 PM
how does it work?? does it count all income you get from your kingdom, attacks, raids, the gem even, and killing monsters? they *add all up then divided by the # of hours this event lasted?

enahs1
06-01-2012, 07:23 PM
It's your income per hour!!! What you see on your stats

Freekizh
06-01-2012, 07:26 PM
I'm waiting for seqwins to come out with his little level 10 cottage trumpet...

spectra
06-01-2012, 07:27 PM
we need clarification from Funzio of what we r suppose to do to accomplish this

Njwmrb
06-01-2012, 07:31 PM
What a joke...

Captian Awesome
06-01-2012, 07:32 PM
we need clarification from Funzio of what we r suppose to do to accomplish this

I figure it's based on raiding. It'll take an average from the weekend on how much per hour you have earned by raiding.

Azrael
06-01-2012, 07:37 PM
My screen is frozen and I can't exit out of the pop up. Anyone else having this problem?

lkm
06-01-2012, 08:19 PM
It sounds stupid. I never see a player with over lvl 100 yet. I am only lvl 78 and only saw some are lvl 87, 85, 84, 81. It means you can get the prize for sure if you lvl up to lvl 101.

chiu
06-01-2012, 08:22 PM
lol...... im lvl 21 how the f am i supposed to compete with ppl who have been playing way longer than me.....

emcee
06-01-2012, 08:31 PM
lol...... im lvl 21 how the f am i supposed to compete with ppl who have been playing way longer than me.....
I'm level 9 with 5562/hr. We'll see if that will make top 500 considering most aren't over level 100.

lkm
06-01-2012, 08:31 PM
you can spend gems on gem buildings and/or upgrade instantly by gem on gold bldg.

Vito
06-01-2012, 09:24 PM
I think what they mean with the over/under 100 is your number of allies. I also think that it's based on your income per hour. Looks like they want us to buy a whack of gold buildings and buy some instant upgrades. Kind of a blatant money grab. Be nice to know the final reward of this contest. Is it's worth it?

Vito
06-01-2012, 09:51 PM
I was just thinking about it, and if it's set up the way I think, players at the lower levels will have a huge disadvantage. High level players have access to all the money buildings. They should also put in a level cap, say under level 30/ over level 30, or something. Are they going to do an updated stat list of the top 500 so we can see where we stand? WE NEED MORE INFORMATION!!!

Freekizh
06-01-2012, 10:01 PM
Don't forget that these events or tournaments are most likely to re-occur, so perhaps they are trying to setup a long term incentive, so if you're not ready for this one, you'll most likely have another chance at it again.

There are quite a few low-level campers without high level buildings hitting 5K+ already. So some tournaments will reward campers, and others, like PvP tourneys will reward more aggressive players. Will be interesting to see how more balanced all-rounders do.

YLL
06-01-2012, 10:26 PM
Assuming this is really a mis-advertised PvP tourney, I sadly will be missing most of it: got a 7-9 hour drive to Cornwall (depending on traffic) today and back again on Monday.

Freekizh
06-01-2012, 10:31 PM
Assuming this is really a mis-advertised PvP tourney, I sadly will be missing most of it: got a 7-9 hour drive to Cornwall (depending on traffic) today and back again on Monday.

No this is not a PvP tournament - purely an IPH stat one, so all you can do is upgrade the highest IPH stat buildings for the next three days, which will probably be the cottages. Its quite a low maintenance tournament then if the understanding is correct.

P.s. drive safely and take lots of breaks. No event checking while you are driving, so one hours breaks should fit in well :)

Njwmrb
06-01-2012, 11:12 PM
It sounds stupid. I never see a player with over lvl 100 yet. I am only lvl 78 and only saw some are lvl 87, 85, 84, 81. It means you can get the prize for sure if you lvl up to lvl 101.

Of course no one is lvl 100 yet, it's just the laziness and lack of creativity of funzio. They are doing the exact same event, word for word, on modern war which has plenty of lvl 100+'s.

Everson25
06-02-2012, 02:25 AM
Of course no one is lvl 100 yet, it's just the laziness and lack of creativity of funzio. They are doing the exact same event, word for word, on modern war which has plenty of lvl 100+'s. I would think that they should do a price for up to level 40 and the other for higher levels. I wonder if they will see their mistake and correct it.

Dewsy
06-02-2012, 03:14 AM
What IPH do you guys think will get you in the top 500? Im at 4336 at the moment, upgrading cottages (level 4 and 5 now) to give mine a boost.

P4TR1C14N
06-02-2012, 03:50 AM
My screen is freezed now as also Azrael encounters.

Can't close the bloody winodow of the king's ransom tournament. I did reinstall the game also already.

Game over for me, can't even play anymore. Funzio? Any help?

emcee
06-02-2012, 03:54 AM
My screen is freezed now as also Azrael encounters.

Can't close the bloody winodow of the king's ransom tournament. I did reinstall the game also already.

Game over for me, can't even play anymore. Funzio? Any help?

Had the same problem a few hours back. Did an update and it didn't work. Deleted the game and reinstalled which worked. A little frustrating.

The_Red
06-02-2012, 05:37 AM
Pointless for people who attack others to get their $. Also, I guess anyone that clears 100 in three days will get it, since Ive not seen anyone that high yet.

JamieF
06-02-2012, 05:39 AM
Cannot close the f*cking window!! Haven't been able to play for hours. Please Funzio, fix this issue!

Great_wall2
06-02-2012, 05:43 AM
Cannot close the f*cking window!! Haven't been able to play for hours. Please Funzio, fix this issue!

I have the same issue however all I do is close the game down then reopen. Once I reopen I am able to close the dialogue box. A bit of a pain but at least I can still play the game.

JamieF
06-02-2012, 05:59 AM
I also tried closing/reopen it, but it doesn't seem to work. Bye bye precious rune box time

Kiss Of Death
06-02-2012, 06:03 AM
Its a bogus comp in all three games... the players who've been playing the logest will be the largest majority of players with the biggest expansions of land and buildings and upgrades... a newer player like myself who in 1 month has busted thier butt expanding and growing is still only sitting at 2300 p/h income... land takes 48 hours to expand so even if I try to expand I het 24 hours to build somthing.. and i can only upgrade 1 at a time so maybe 3-5 of my smaller buildings could be upgraded a few hundred gold a day each... so minimal per hour... USE GOLD? how... upgrade your land for 2000 gold... hmmm so thats $150 AUD... complete construction on a 13 hour upgrade... 700 gold...

Basically Funzio could publish the top 500 right now in all three games and in 72 hours short of a few minor shuffles and perhaps the bottom 50 might drop and get replaced... you cant catch up like in a PVP not unless you have several thousand real dollars you want to use to do so.

So congrats to the players who've been playing these three games since inceptions, you just won a powerfull item... how much sweat did you break to get up in that top 500... what nothing...? amazing! Funzio your developer on this one was a d**k.

The_Red
06-02-2012, 06:32 AM
I
Basically Funzio could publish the top 500 right now in all three games and in 72 hours short of a few minor shuffles and perhaps the bottom 50 might drop and get replaced... you cant catch up like in a PVP not unless you have several thousand real dollars you want to use to do so.

So congrats to the players who've been playing these three games since inceptions, you just won a powerfull item... how much sweat did you break to get up in that top 500... what nothing...? amazing! Funzio your developer on this one was a d**k.

I was actually lazy the other day and couldn't decide what to upgrade, so I spend 45 mins, 1 hour, and 3 hours (or something like that) upgrading all my small stuff prior to kicking off a larger 18 hour upgrade over night. In upgrading a couple of minor income buildings I saw my income / hr raise by 500 in a couple of hours. You CAN make pretty significant moves without investing "thousands of dollars" to get your income stream up. Its pointless to have level 10 cottages for anything outside of fudging your stats, but such is life.

In the end, who cares... play the game like you want to play it and prep for other tournaments. Frankly, there will be others that people who sit and camp and have an army of level 10 cottages, markets, and whatnot won't do well on. Its a game... a free game at that... always remember.

I'm happy for Funzio - I've spent more time screwing around on this game than any other thing with my iPad ever. Its a good free game.

Odie
06-02-2012, 07:13 AM
Not sure if anybody said this but I think it's absolute dollars collected from building not IPH. So, whoever has level 10 cottages, along with some upgraded higher end stuff, and wants to sit there collecting every 5 minutes likely wins.

The_Red
06-02-2012, 07:16 AM
Not sure if anybody said this but I think it's absolute dollars collected from building not IPH. So, whoever has level 10 cottages, along with some upgraded higher end stuff, and wants to sit there collecting every 5 minutes likely wins.

On this note - when does it end? Its got a (PST) - does that mean 11:59 on Sunday PST?

I personally think its I/H since that's pretty easy to look up in a database.

FisK
06-02-2012, 07:30 AM
Since there is so much confusion about how this event works, so I have e-mailed support to get an official explanation

Odie
06-02-2012, 08:05 AM
Sorry it does say highest hourly income rate now when I log in. Did it say that before? Maybe I got the verbiage mixed up with CC or MW because they both have similar events going.

Pekersss
06-02-2012, 08:49 AM
I'm not too sure how I feel about this event. It encourages players to upgrade buildings that, in the long run, are substantially less beneficial to my kingdom than others. It's kinda cool that players that really put effort into building their economy are recognized, though. I just wish it was broken up into more than two groups of users for the prize. I'm not unhappy with the event and I find this game awesome, but I don't see the point in giving us a couple of days to try and drastically increase revenue. Most of my upgrades now take over 18 hours.

SeqWins
06-02-2012, 09:08 AM
I'm waiting for seqwins to come out with his little level 10 cottage trumpet...

Damn, I didn't know I had a fan! good thing I like reading..thanks for your support visit my twitter....

Anyways I don't get this event..it would make sense to me if it was Money collected over the period of time mentioned over just IPH..makes no sense to me.

marebear
06-02-2012, 09:09 AM
Yeah it would be nice if someone from funzio logged in and gave us an explanation of how this works.

Great_wall2
06-02-2012, 09:35 AM
I also tried closing/reopen it, but it doesn't seem to work. Bye bye precious rune box time

Did you try to reboot your device? That seemed to have corrected the issue for me permanently.

Pekersss
06-02-2012, 09:45 AM
I just installed the update and it just started to work.

Hello Kitty
06-02-2012, 09:49 AM
Damn, I didn't know I had a fan! good thing I like reading..thanks for your support visit my twitter....Anyways I don't get this event..it would make sense to me if it was Money collected over the period of time mentioned over just IPH..makes no sense to me.I agree with you Seq, that it's probably revenue in all forms versus the pure IPH stat. It's illogical to be rewarded for how diligent I can be at collecting $ from my own buildings. I'm raiding and attacking anyway to keep up my multiple sources of income I addition to IPH. Woohoo!

Freekizh
06-02-2012, 09:55 AM
I agree with you Seq, that it's probably revenue in all forms versus the pure IPH stat. It's illogical to be rewarded for how diligent I can be at collecting $ from my own buildings. I'm raiding and attacking anyway to keep up my multiple sources of income I addition to IPH. Woohoo!

For MW I would kinda agree with you HK that it could be a possibility. But for CC it says specifically money buildings, and KA it says income rate.

Also funzio really hasn't got it together lately so I think they would be stretched to pull all the various sources of data accurately.

Of course I will continue to PVE and PvP :)

Hello Kitty
06-02-2012, 10:07 AM
For MW I would kinda agree with you HK that it could be a possibility. But for CC it says specifically money buildings, and KA it says income rate.Also funzio really hasn't got it together lately so I think they would be stretched to pull all the various sources of data accurately.Of course I will continue to PVE and PvP :)Exactly! Until we get official word, it's everyone's guess. In the meantime, PvP and PvP is my strategy! :)

The_Red
06-02-2012, 10:58 AM
Exactly! Until we get official word, it's everyone's guess. In the meantime, PvP and PvP is my strategy! :)

Its clearly IPH - I don't even know how there's a debate here.

spectra
06-02-2012, 11:14 AM
I agree with you Seq, that it's probably revenue in all forms versus the pure IPH stat. It's illogical to be rewarded for how diligent I can be at collecting $ from my own buildings. I'm raiding and attacking anyway to keep up my multiple sources of income I addition to IPH. Woohoo!

way to go guys
I am just gona combine them all, collect from my buildings as much and often as possible, hit the maps with the bst payouts and do PVP attack/raid which ever has the money, lol

Njwmrb
06-02-2012, 11:35 AM
I'm always in support of PvP and PvE but I don't see what the confusion is. "The Lord with the highest hourly income rate will win" = 'income per hour'. I think the reason you guys are confused is because it gives you 2 days to attempt to alter something that is slow changing but it is just trying to encourage gem purchasing. It's pretty obvious to me that its IPH.

JamieF
06-02-2012, 11:53 AM
Did you try to reboot your device? That seemed to have corrected the issue for me permanently.

I also tried to reboot my 3Gs but unfortunately still that window.

The_Red
06-02-2012, 11:56 AM
I also tried to reboot my 3Gs but unfortunately still that window.

Sage advice: soaking it in a cup of water with a little sugar can often times cure an old iPhones problem(s).

Everson25
06-02-2012, 12:37 PM
Exactly! Until we get official word, it's everyone's guess. In the meantime, PvP and PvP is my strategy! :) Hello HK! I'm not so far from you now. Still up for a fight? How are you doing on the event?

Hello Kitty
06-02-2012, 12:44 PM
Hello HK! I'm not so far from you now. Still up for a fight? How are you doing on the event?Hey Ev! Have absolutely no idea on tourney progress. Just collecting money from my kingdom and doing lots if PvP, in case it's a factor. Is the "win" bragging rights? There is no prize listed for KA, unless I missed it somewhere else.

Feels like when the Friday quitting time bell rang at Funzio and all the devs just stopped whatever they were doing and went home for the weekend leaving us hanging...

John Snow
06-02-2012, 01:26 PM
Think of the recent events in CC, MW, and KA from Funzio's perspective. The Rune event (collect 10 items) is geared towards getting PvE and PvP players excited and possibly spending some real money to get the big prize. The recent PvP tournament was aimed at PvP-oriented players to get them to possibly spend some real money to get into the top 500. Now this IPH-based tourney is aimed at campers to get them to spend some real money to boost their IPH faster and get in the top 500. Now everyone has an event geared toward whatever their game strategy is and has an incentive to spend real money.

The_Red
06-02-2012, 01:28 PM
Think of the recent events in CC, MW, and KA from Funzio's perspective. The Rune event (collect 10 items) is geared towards getting PvE and PvP players excited and possibly spending some real money to get the big prize. The recent PvP tournament was aimed at PvP-oriented players to get them to possibly spend some real money to get into the top 500. Now this IPH-based tourney is aimed at campers to get them to spend some real money to boost their IPH faster and get in the top 500. Now everyone has an event geared toward whatever their game strategy is and has an incentive to spend real money.

Like crack? just a taste - and then you're hooked? ;)

Slickster
06-02-2012, 01:30 PM
Like crack? just a taste - and then you're hooked? ;) has anyone seen my pipe..?

Njwmrb
06-02-2012, 01:35 PM

Cracks not that addicting... I've done it every day for the past few years and I'm not hooked

John Snow
06-02-2012, 01:37 PM

Like a drug dealer - first dose is free.

The_Red
06-02-2012, 01:38 PM
Cracks not that addicting... I've done it every day for the past few years and I'm not hooked

Ive decided teeth are overrated as well.... meth FTW.

Freekizh
06-02-2012, 02:51 PM
Wish we had a leaderboard. Something. Hello funzio :)

Kymira
06-02-2012, 03:17 PM
A leaderboard would be great, at least we would know where we stand

Slickster
06-02-2012, 03:20 PM
Wish we had a leaderboard. Something. Hello funzio :) your message is important to us, so please leave a message or scream out hello and we will return your message and or hello as soon as possible :)

Pekersss
06-02-2012, 03:23 PM
Rather than a two-day "event" kinda thing, I would have rather just had a message saying "BAM! We are rewarding the top 500 IPH earners for hard work. You are/are not in this group. Here's something cool for your efforts.". That may also encourage people to buy buildings and continue economic work at all times should there be another thing like this in the future.

Two days? My upgrades all take over 18 hours. I'm not buying gold to upgrade a friggin' cottage, Funzio.

John Snow
06-02-2012, 03:24 PM
Wish we had a leaderboard. Something. Hello funzio :)

Where's SeqWin when you need him?

SeqWins
06-02-2012, 04:35 PM
Where's SeqWin when you need him?

What's up John I'm here lol

bobcnn
06-02-2012, 05:52 PM
What will we get after winning this tournament?

spectra
06-02-2012, 05:56 PM
What will we get after winning this tournament?

a "tap" in the back with "job well done" "we at FUNZIO needed a break to work on the many issues we have", lol

Kiss Of Death
06-03-2012, 09:32 PM
Rather than a two-day "event" kinda thing, I would have rather just had a message saying "BAM! We are rewarding the top 500 IPH earners for hard work. You are/are not in this group. Here's something cool for your efforts.". That may also encourage people to buy buildings and continue economic work at all times should there be another thing like this in the future.

Two days? My upgrades all take over 18 hours. I'm not buying gold to upgrade a friggin' cottage, Funzio.

Agree and land expansions take 48 hours... on a 3 day event... oh you can use gems... over $100 worth to do it each time... F Off Funzio, I agree... no leaderboards I notice... probably because it wont change at all in 3 days.. so why bother

Njwmrb
06-03-2012, 09:52 PM
If they wanted to make money off of this they should have posted a temporary leaderboard, that would have caused a lot of spending for the people in the top 400-700 range to try to get/stay up into the top 500.

Kiss Of Death
06-03-2012, 10:33 PM
Oh and I got this official answer to my question... Well done Funzio, yet again I wait days for you to answer a different question than the one I actually asked. NOt a requirement for them to READ the question and think about it before hitting some sort of auto reply... Idiots

A G, Jun 03 13:44 (PDT):
Hey ****,
Thank you for the inquiry. The current promotion running in Kingdom Age is called the "King's Ransom Tournament" and it is all about income. Players with the highest hourly income will win.
Regards,
A
www.funzio.com

****, Jun 01 18:14 (PDT):
Describe the issue here...
"Win what? I am getting a message saying the top 500 will win... Win what? It doesn't say"
--------------------------------------------------
Timestamp: 2012-06-02 10:43
Player ID: 739181848

John Snow
06-03-2012, 11:30 PM
What's up John I'm here lol

That chart you made for IPH in MW is pretty much the leaderboard for that tourney. Funzio should kick you down some gems so you could do one for KA.