PDA

View Full Version : ANOTHER tournament already....

Q Raider
06-01-2012, 05:21 PM
Just came up then.

Revenue earning based (I am out of the running on this one already)

Top 500 above level 100
Top 500 below level 100

Highest hourly revenue get a prize "Elite Base Defence" Air unit 336A/464D

Dreno you got a chance on this one and you don't have to do a thing...:rolleyes:

JMC
06-01-2012, 05:23 PM
Hope mine is high enough to win, not like you can really raise it at all in 2 days. What it is now is what i'll finish with.

SirMW
06-01-2012, 05:24 PM
Here's the image...

http://img252.imageshack.us/img252/4219/securedownloadz.png

BadBoyz
06-01-2012, 05:25 PM
Same here, I don't even come close. I'm more of a base raider. My base only generates 30k an hour😜,but I take 1M an hour😝!

War Priest
06-01-2012, 05:25 PM
Now just a leaderboard to see if I am near.

Arj
06-01-2012, 05:26 PM
Does this including money won from raiding/attacking or just IPH of money buildings......not very clear.....lol

Deskjockey
06-01-2012, 05:26 PM
I think they will count revenue from raids and attacks. Otherwise it would be pointless.

bigflan
06-01-2012, 05:28 PM
Mine is at 180k an hour

I WILL NOT WIN

I WILL TRY

I will try because I have nothing to lose and if I win well I'm just surprised but it's not happening

BadBoyz
06-01-2012, 05:28 PM
They should make a PVP tourney for base raiders, due to the new mind changing game tactics and valor point attack units😝😝😝

Arj
06-01-2012, 05:30 PM
I think they will count revenue from raids and attacks. Otherwise it would be pointless.

If thats true then money lost through attacks/raids surely counts to right? lol too much guess work for me, going to sit this one out and hope i get the item for the last soon lol

Q Raider
06-01-2012, 05:30 PM
Seems a bit of a pointless tournament taken at face value.

Only way I could get the income up is to spend a heck of a lot of Gold (not going to happen)

The only other dynamics I wonder about is if income from Missions, Raids and Attacks is also included in the outcomes....then it makes it interesting....

Q Raider
06-01-2012, 05:32 PM
Seems a bit of a pointless tournament taken at face value.

Only way I could get the income up is to spend a heck of a lot of Gold (not going to happen)

The only other dynamics I wonder about is same as the rest of you. If income from Missions, Raids and Attacks is also included in the outcomes....then it makes it interesting....

EatSleepFly
06-01-2012, 05:36 PM
The last thing I'm going to do is spend gold to increase my income level. Seriously???

LAX
06-01-2012, 06:28 PM
doesn't make sense, no action in this one..

Luke7676
06-01-2012, 06:29 PM
I would like a answer from a dev on this. Is it income per hour from your buildings or income per hour from attacking/raiding? Looking for someone I clarify.

JMC
06-01-2012, 06:30 PM
They call it the "highest hourly revenue". That sure sounds a lot like just someone's income per hour to me. If stuff like raids and missions counted, it would also count how many times you collected your buildings and stuff, seems a bit too complicated for them to want to do that.

JohnnyR
06-01-2012, 06:32 PM
Boring....

Thunder Child
06-01-2012, 06:33 PM
Seems clear to me - income from your base plus whatever you can steal from raids and attacks, and anything you can earn in missions! What's not clear about that? And there obviously IS action to be taken: attack, raid, do missions, LEVEL UP!

Me?

Ignoring the whole thing!

Warfiend
06-01-2012, 06:40 PM
They call it the "highest hourly revenue". That sure sounds a lot like just someone's income per hour to me. If stuff like raids and missions counted, it would also count how many times you collected your buildings and stuff, seems a bit too complicated for them to want to do that.

It does say something about "resourceful leaders". I think it's ALL the income you bring in. I want those stats, so I'm going to give it a shot assuming it is and if I'm ranking tomorrow, I'll keep it up.

I've never seen anything else in the game with that defense score.

Admiral Farragut
06-01-2012, 06:40 PM
Yea seems like it would be income from everything compiled over the next few days and divided by the amount of hours the tourney goes on for, to make the numbers manageable

bigflan
06-01-2012, 06:41 PM
I am not apart of this nonsense though the unit would be a big big big big help and then I could destroy with it ain't gonna happen though

Q Raider
06-01-2012, 06:41 PM
Must be that way TC otherwise why put in the "ON TO BATTLE" bit at the bottom of the advert (ok, could be an oversight from the last advert I guess).

Forgotten cause for me no matter which way I look at it. If I give it a crack thinking that raids and missions count then I will just end up over level 100 by the end and I am pretty sure I cannot get into the top 500 against that level of opposition.

Still reckon Dreno is in for a good shot at one. They better give him a few cans of insect spray to go with it though cause it will just get cobwebs sitting in his inventory:p

Led
06-01-2012, 06:43 PM
I like this event but I'm below level 100 with $460xxx per hr

bigflan
06-01-2012, 06:44 PM
Must be that way TC otherwise why put in the "ON TO BATTLE" bit at the bottom of the advert (ok, could be an oversight from the last advert I guess).

Forgotten cause for me no matter which way I look at it. If I give it a crack thinking that raids and missions count then I will just end up over level 100 by the end and I am pretty sure I cannot get into the top 500 against that level of opposition.

Still reckon Dreno is in for a good shot at one. They better give him a few cans of insect spray to go with it though cause it will just get cobwebs sitting in his inventory:pDreno does not even know the event is on and by the time he finds out it will be too late and I think I have a 0% shot at this but if its money I will just raid people's buildings

Khimsoo
06-01-2012, 06:45 PM
Highest hourly revenue = including raids and collection? Or just the IPH?

bigflan
06-01-2012, 06:50 PM
It's everything combined right now I bring in 400k not bad for a hour

Khimsoo
06-01-2012, 06:51 PM
If it includes missions, then those with 30% more cash from mission would have added advantage. :/ :) :D including myself. Hopefully I can make it.

The prize is a great beast but won't die for it like casualty. Let's see the leaderboard or mark's post for more info.

EatSleepFly
06-01-2012, 06:56 PM
I want the Zulu Cobra!!!

Dockman
06-01-2012, 06:56 PM
I agree. Let's see an initial leader board and see where we fair now and if we even have a chance to win.

JohnnyR
06-01-2012, 06:57 PM
If it did include raid/attack/mission cash-it would be nice to say so in the pop up.

Also, a leaderboard would be nice.

Ryans67
06-01-2012, 07:07 PM
Seems dumb. Why would I participate in an event when I haven't been paid for the last one? Lol.

GodlikeNay
06-01-2012, 07:08 PM
Agreed, we need an official post from Funzio that explains what the criteria is for winning. The popup is not clear and could be interpreted more than one way.

Not trying to complain, but it would be nice if they gave some kind of sense that they put time into planning these things and gave some notice to the events, explained what they are, how to win, and provided a way to track status in the event. Instead, we get... "ready, set, ... we started 17 hours ago... and by the way, you don't know how to win, but go get'em tiger because the event is already 1/3 over."

Luke7676
06-01-2012, 07:18 PM
Agreed, we need an official post from Funzio that explains what the criteria is for winning. The popup is not clear and could be interpreted more than one way.

Not trying to complain, but it would be nice if they gave some kind of sense that they put time into planning these things and gave some notice to the events, explained what they are, how to win, and provided a way to track status in the event. Instead, we get... "ready, set, ... we started 17 hours ago... and by the way, you don't know how to win, but go get'em tiger because the event is already 1/3 over."

Agreed. They need to be more in their feet about these tourneys and more informative. I mean how hard is it for a dev to make 1 little post in announcements or in here
somewhere, to give us full info about this.

Just emptied a full clip of Stam on raids and attacks just to be sure I will keep doing this untill I know for sure.

War Priest
06-01-2012, 07:19 PM

Agreed. Crime City says money buildings so it is most likely the same.

manbeast
06-01-2012, 07:20 PM
1. the forum is running super slow for me. earlier it wouldnt even work at all. this happening for anyone else?

2. I'm 99% sure it is strictly based on the income per hour your base generates. otherwise the event pop up would simply say "whoever makes the most money by the deadline wins". instead it specifically says highest hourly revenue. which is obviously talking about the stat on our profile that says income per hour.

3. i believe the competition is harder to win if you are under lvl 100. all the campers with high incomes are still below lvl 100. look at copenhagen, and enjoylife. those guys are lvl 60. i'd much rather be above lvl 100 for this, but there is no way for me to jump 10 lvls in 3 days.

4. they are hoping people will splurge on gold and build a bunch of gold money buildings. since their build time is instant, its the only way to raise your income in a short time

Luke7676
06-01-2012, 07:24 PM
@manbeast. Yeah the forum is laggy as hell for me too. Slow slow slow...

JohnnyR
06-01-2012, 07:28 PM
I don't see how this can be much of an event at only three days, 1/3 of which is almost completely gone now. IPH numbers take AGES to raise.....

JMC
06-01-2012, 07:28 PM
Today, for the first time, i got the message that i can only post every 25 seconds. Even though, it was taking well over 5 minutes to get a post in.

triton179
06-01-2012, 07:29 PM
I agree, when I read it I thought income per hour. Now I'm just looking for the leader board. I'm a 392k/hr at below lvl 100.

spectra
06-01-2012, 07:33 PM
Here's the image...

http://img252.imageshack.us/img252/4219/securedownloadz.png

they are also doing the same event in KA but have not said whT the prize is

War Priest
06-01-2012, 07:36 PM
Luke, your mailbox is full but I activated it for you. Maybe it was the wrong email.

Copenhagen
06-01-2012, 08:22 PM
Let's start with a simple question, like what time PST? 6/3 is a date. These events seem to be haphazardly put together with limited thought, vetting or editing.

Tate
06-01-2012, 08:32 PM
Cope, and this should be different,,,, how?

Tenspot
06-01-2012, 08:41 PM
Let's start with a simple question, like what time PST? 6/3 is a date. These events seem to be haphazardly put together with limited thought, vetting or editing.

Yes. If they just SLOWED DOWN and let us catch our breath between events they'd have the time to put a well thought out event together with clear and concise instructions/win conditions. I'm in the PST zone and I never saw a message that this event was on until well into the afternoon, and I was logging in every half hour to hour at work today.

Chairman Han
06-01-2012, 08:47 PM
This time 1000 players will get the big prize, making it better chance than last one.

Hope 450k/hr get a chance to win.

bigflan
06-01-2012, 08:48 PM
This is still unfair they should separate it into more divisions

Led
06-01-2012, 08:50 PM
I like events running almost all the time. It gives players a opportunity to pick and choose what events benift them most without having to "stress" over a small number of events.

Tuck
06-01-2012, 08:53 PM
The description on the CC screen seems a bit more specific" The players with the highest hourly income from money buildings will win" If that's the case then they should hand out the prizes now. People's iph isn't going to change much in 2 days. Most players with a high income most likely have something upgrading already. It's not like they're to see this & say, Oh crap, I better upgrade something! Even if they did, chances are the upgrade wouldn't finish before the event! So, one could use gold to speed up the timers,but why do that unless you know what you shooting for? Hence the need for a leaderboard.
The KA event screen looks like a "Failed to connect to server. " popup MSG. Lol

EatSleepFly
06-01-2012, 08:53 PM
Crap. If it's strictly income per hour then I'm screwed. Last night I upgraded my munitions stockpile to level nine and there's over 50 hours left until complete. Oh well.

bigflan
06-01-2012, 08:54 PM
The event is unfair I would think it should be more fair if I would compete

Tenspot
06-01-2012, 08:57 PM
Does anyone have any idea or rough estimate of how many 100+ players there are? I'm not, just curious.

bigflan
06-01-2012, 08:58 PM
I'm thinking my 180k hour income at Lv 44 I would think I would finish at 700 tch tch shame

K While
06-01-2012, 09:01 PM
How are they gonna come out with a new event, when they haven't even finished the first one?

bigflan
06-01-2012, 09:03 PM
How are they gonna come out with a new event, when they haven't even finished the first one?There trying to make money Gree took a huge hit at a loss of 750 million so they are trying to suck our money away

06-01-2012, 09:14 PM
I find it outrageous that Funzio has started another tournament without an announcement and before they've even fixed or distributed the prize of their previous event. This tournament is also poorly designed and puts many players at a disadvantage-regardless of whether hourly revenue means the cash generated by your buildings or includes money earned from raids/attacks, lower level players are at a severe disadvantage.(Imagine a lvl 20 player trying to compete with a lvl 90)

Warfiend
06-01-2012, 09:42 PM
I like events running almost all the time. It gives players a opportunity to pick and choose what events benift them most without having to "stress" over a small number of events.

I couldn't agree more. Unfortunately, too many people here choose to stress over a large number of events instead of just sitting out the ones they're not ready for.

Tanner
06-01-2012, 09:44 PM
HOLY*****ANDMOANFESTBATMAN!?!(*)(@#$&*(_@#

are you serious?

hey guys, I'm no whale or pirate or anything special, but if we continue to look through the problem-solving lens that funzio (a real company that has to make real money materialize out of whining forum users and iOS users alike) has to look through every day we'll see the answer to most of our questions more clearly. Where's my unit? Why the casualty rate? When will I get in game chat, search, buttwipe, nuclearflowerpowercheerleaderswhoareinvsible? Why doesn't CCM mark come to my birthday?!?!!

Let's pretend your middle manager man @ Funzio. Investors dump cash in your company. You put out super-successful iOS games, billions of people download it, millions play it, hundreds of thousands continue to play it, thousands spend money on it, hundreds spend serious bank on it. dozens whine about the item they didn't receive or who stupid an event is or explain how completely pointless it is.

Is it really pointless, or are you just mad that it's not the yougetfreeinstantbuildingupgradesinvincibilityandi nvisibility b/c U write hundreds of forum posts / day event?

Funzio somehow has to move the freebies and cheapies into the deeper waters so that the fatties can feed. This event does that. The last event does that. All of the events that you participate in do that. Everything but straight up pitching a tent in MW does this.

Can we just be grateful that there's another event that gives us yet ANOTHER chance for MORE indestructible units for FREE? Sure you didn't get your latest GETTOTHECHOPPA unit yet, but you will. You KNOW you will. What if you don't? Will anyone believe funzio anymore? Seriously, they've got tons more trust to lose than you do in this scenario. They're going to GIVEYOUTHECHOPPA, later, probably.

/chill

manbeast
06-01-2012, 09:46 PM
Does anyone have any idea or rough estimate of how many 100+ players there are? I'm not, just curious.

pure guess, but i'd say right around 500...

cope- dont worry about it bro. u have this one in the bag already.

flan- calm down bro. nothing you can do about it now unless you wanna blow about 5,000 gold.

wish i would have known this event was about to start. started my lvl 10 CF upgrade yesterday. over 100 hrs!! lol oh well. i think at 405k i should be in the top 500.

FUNZIO: if you would have let me know ahead of time i would have got a couple gold money buildings and upgraded them. now i wont be able to upgrade them so theres no point in buying them.

Led
06-01-2012, 09:52 PM
I couldn't agree more. Unfortunately, too many people here choose to stress over a large number of events instead of just sitting out the ones they're not ready for.

Thank you. I'd like to see more events with various goals and achievements that people have made in the game. It helps long time players and gives newer players more reasons to keep playing and archive these goals.

-->FISH<--
06-01-2012, 09:59 PM
If your income is not that high, play defense.... Steal someone's cash so they can't collect it.

Copenhagen
06-01-2012, 10:01 PM
@Led - Great point. It took me a while to figure that one out. I do like all the events

@Tanner - Please do not clump the simple expectations that the rules of the game be explained or that a businees have there product/event prepared with atleast a logo or the prize identified (KA) before launching, with that of crazy people demanding there made-up unit be added. What is the harm in waiting a day or two to work out the bugs before launching the event. Some of us are paying for this game and are disappointed with the quality and performance of Funzio in recent days.

manbeast
06-01-2012, 10:03 PM
i really like this event. yea the timing isnt the best. i'm not very confident the unit will come anytime soon, i doubt they'll even post a leaderboard (1,000 names? dont see it happening).

but i'm happy bc i dont have to do anything and i'm pretty confident i'm in the top 500

Q Raider
06-01-2012, 10:14 PM
i really like this event. yea the timing isnt the best. i'm not very confident the unit will come anytime soon, i doubt they'll even post a leaderboard (1,000 names? dont see it happening).

but i'm happy bc i dont have to do anything and i'm pretty confident i'm in the top 500

I worked out that I could catch up by using around 80,000 Gold.......therefore I'm 100% confident I am not in the running for this one:p

Way I looked at it was simply I didn't qualify for this event....I've had top result in the last two so not complaining.

Do think they need to be a little more pro-active in the alert phase for these things though.

ShawnBB
06-01-2012, 10:27 PM
I'm afraid guys,
they judge by income per hour, because CC is having the same event and it says income per hour over there,loud and clear.
It is nearly impossible to calculate all the money you generate in three days from all players actions.

Hopefully I will win all three event items in CC MW and KA. :).
I'm not sure if 360k income is good.

Corsair
06-01-2012, 10:28 PM
Half-a s s ed like everything else lately. They're just throwing this stuff out there. Wonder if they are having issues with revenue, though I don't see how an unannounced 2 day event for an activity that takes months improves their bottom line.

I think people wold be less stressed about events if they gave a clue about plans for them. They seem to just be throwing them out there non stop for some reason.

Dr. Dengus
06-01-2012, 10:34 PM
They seem to just be throwing them out there non stop for some reason.

I'd say one of the main reasons is to induce in-app purchases. You would assume an announced and well thought out event would create more of a profit though...oh well just along for the ride.

Daveynez
06-01-2012, 10:40 PM
I have over 300,000 income per hour, and I am at level 98. Do you think being over or under level 100 will give a better chance of winning this event?

manbeast
06-01-2012, 10:52 PM
I have over 300,000 income per hour, and I am at level 98. Do you think being over or under level 100 will give a better chance of winning this event?

no way man. there are WAY WAY WAY more people under a hundred, and all the campers are under a hundred. i'd lvl up if i was 98. i think funzio is throwing a bone at everyone over 100 with this event

q- 80,000 gold eh? wow... yea i dont think the unit is worth it lol especially since there is no bonus associated w/ the unit.

this unit should have a upgrade time reduction associated with it!

JMC
06-01-2012, 10:56 PM
There's at least a couple thousand over level 100, but most of them have crap income.

Q Raider
06-01-2012, 10:57 PM
Manbeast
If it was a real unit and made of Gold then I might be tempted to give it a go:rolleyes:

Corsair
06-01-2012, 11:00 PM
Maybe one reason the stats are so high is because there is no bonus. But that bonus would make sense manbeast.

What I want to know is what happens if you are level 100? Maybe 100 gets included on both lists? Another self-induced bullet in the foot for the Funzio crew.

Q Raider
06-01-2012, 11:01 PM
Pity it didn't include raids, attacks and missions....I've just completed a raid run and netted a few million.:cool:

Battle points look to have been at least halved.

manbeast
06-01-2012, 11:09 PM
are there two different units being givin out in this event? above and below 100?

the unit i see advertised has stats 336/264

however i just saw this pic (posted by marine on the other forum) and it tells a different story

http://i48.tinypic.com/e869f9.jpg

464 def makes way more sense because it is called elite base DEFENSE. why would the atk be higher? lol

Q Raider
06-01-2012, 11:11 PM
I am seeing that one at Level 97 manbeast.

DSD
06-01-2012, 11:12 PM
Pity it didn't include raids, attacks and missions....I've just completed a raid run and netted a few million.:cool:

Battle points look to have been at least halved.

Yeah noticed that as well QR

manbeast
06-01-2012, 11:13 PM
I am seeing that one at Level 97 manbeast.

you are seeing the 464!? yea marine is only like lvl 20.. why am i getting the worse unit? restarted my app a lot of times

maybe the changed it sometime and it hasnt updated on one of our screens?

KCh
06-02-2012, 12:11 AM
you are seeing the 464!? yea marine is only like lvl 20.. why am i getting the worse unit? restarted my app a lot of times

maybe the changed it sometime and it hasnt updated on one of our screens?

I'm also seeing 336A/264D at lvl 152

Khimsoo
06-02-2012, 12:21 AM
I'm also seeing 336A/264D at lvl 152

Maybe ur income is not ready for top 500. ;|

Sia
06-02-2012, 12:31 AM
I still don't know if it is total hourly income which is total income divided by the tournement hour or if it is only base income! If it is total income then cash purchase, raids, attacks on non vaulted cash and base income would be the source of income!

I wish someone would come and explain! I am doing raids but I am not sure it is necessary!

JMC
06-02-2012, 12:32 AM

Why would being in or out of the top 500 make the event reward show a different stat?

Q Raider
06-02-2012, 12:34 AM

Doubt that is a determining factor, mine is 37K and change....:o

CounterSniper
06-02-2012, 12:36 AM
Why would being in or out of the top 500 make the event reward show a different stat?

It cant, I've got crap iph compared to you but I'm showing the top prize.

I would send in a ticket if i was you but my guess is they will say its just a screen display problem and that if you win you'll get the appropriate prize. Just a guess from past experience but I would still send it.

hobofromthestars
06-02-2012, 12:55 AM
Also sucks when you are just about to turn level 100 :( i might have a chance in the lvl 1-99, but no way in hell once i become level 100 - not a fan of this tournament

Sia
06-02-2012, 12:59 AM
Also sucks when you are just about to turn level 100 :( i might have a chance in the lvl 1-99, but no way in hell once i become level 100 - not a fan of this tournament

I think those above 100 have low IPH, I see many below 100 here claiming they have high IPH. I raided 100 so far and all belo 400k in 118 above region.

JMC
06-02-2012, 01:36 AM
It is harder to win in the 1-99 region. Getting to level 100 would be a good thing for you.

War Priest
06-02-2012, 01:39 AM
Hope my 502K is good. I don't see why this is a 2 day tourney though. Good buildings take 72 or so to upgrade. Guess if you aren't using your head then you miss out, those who are smart win.

Funny how all those gold users who don't have money buildings won't get it. :p

Front Runner NL
06-02-2012, 01:58 AM
Guess they count your best hour in this period. So, do not farm your buildings for some time and then farm them all at once and do lot raiding in that same hour.
So, the player with most expensive buildings AND lots of stamina will win.

Jhoemel
06-02-2012, 02:49 AM
I hope I win this but im not confident. I see a lot of players above level 100 have crap iph so Im hoping I can win

-@'DK'@-
06-02-2012, 03:08 AM
Arj:
I got mine, Black Dragon Fighter - nice and shinning
Go check your inventory, you might be lucky

siL
06-02-2012, 03:38 AM
Hope my 502K is good. I don't see why this is a 2 day tourney though. Good buildings take 72 or so to upgrade. Guess if you aren't using your head then you miss out, those who are smart win.

Funny how all those gold users who don't have money buildings won't get it. :p

I miss the part where if we dont use our heads then we couldnt win??
I personally think this event is to award all of you who have been playing long time with this game..
Lets imagine newbies (me included) that have spent awhile on this game, we obviously couldnt compete in IPH to all of you who have been playing, maybe since last year, because the time to upgrade money buildings is the same throughout all players..so I sucked big time at this event, because my IPH is currently only at 150kph
This in itself dont require us to use our head much isnt it??because if you have been playing long enough, and were upgrading your money building consitently, then you could win! That simple...
IF you are in my position, and you're smart enough, what advice could you give me to have a chance in winning this event?(please dont say buy more gold, cause its not gonna happen)

agrove27
06-02-2012, 03:43 AM
Maybe it's not strictly based on IPH but how much you actually collect. Your IPH might be high but if you are sleeping you aren't collecting money. maybe the key is to constantly collect money for the next two days. also it says the commander with highest hourly revenue will be rewarded for their resourcefulness. which leads me to believe raids and battles are included.

Big John
06-02-2012, 03:49 AM
Haven't read the whole thread but do losses come off the total, just lost a 225 grand cruiser!!

Flipmode
06-02-2012, 03:55 AM
Sure it is on IPH.

It is unfortunate that this will result in most of the prizes going to campers who play the game in an extreme fashion rather than any dedicated player who plays in a balanced fashion.

Also, did land upgrades used to be cheaper? My economic development has stalled because the cost to expand, plus cost of new building means it would take months to make a return, do cash is better spent upgrading when I have chance.

Started in January, under level 100 and on $240k/h atm. Can get a couple of upgrades out before the event ends but hardly going to be a game changer. I'm higher than most I see, but between the campers and those who have played the game long enough that the conditions have changed I doubt I stand a chance.

As mentioned.... A leader board to tell me if it is worth pushing for an extra few k/h would make this event more interesting.

EnjoyLife
06-02-2012, 05:29 AM
Looks like I may have a chance to win something!!!

Jhoemel
06-02-2012, 05:37 AM
Looks like I may have a chance to win something!!!

You are going to win with your iph, i also want to win but I only have a very slim chance

Tai
06-02-2012, 05:46 AM
So basically the only way to 'increase' your chances is to upgrade or build money buildings (which given the events time is near to impossible) ?

Arj
06-02-2012, 05:53 AM
How often you collect has to be a huge factor right?

How many people even collect 3 hour buildings 24/7?

150k iph is better then a 250k iph if the first is collecting alot more often then the 2nd?

Sia
06-02-2012, 06:05 AM
So basically the only way to 'increase' your chances is to upgrade or build money buildings (which given the events time is near to impossible) ?

Most major upgrades require 44 hours and high cash like the nanos. None can be done without cash or gold purchase! I wish it was raid and total money it would have been more fun.

Tai
06-02-2012, 06:12 AM
I assume from this it has not yet been confirmed whether raiding and attacking is involved or not ?
The idea that crossed my mind is that along the days of the event your incomes are added to eachother (spendings or losses not being calculated into the total) and at the end of the event, this total gets devided by 48 (two days, 24 hours). Technically this shouldn't be too hard too do. Pardon me if this thought has already passed the thread.

But then there's the explanation from Crime City wich mentions the IPH statistic (I don't actually play CC but I saw this somewhere in the thread).

Arizona
06-02-2012, 06:19 AM
All this speculation on how the top 500 is calculated will only be resolved when there's a leaderboard up. Is there one yet?
My opinion, it's based on cash income from raids, attacks, defending, missions, building "collections". I wouldn't assume just cos you might have a huge IPH that you'll do well.

lanemondo
06-02-2012, 06:31 AM
All this speculation on how the top 500 is calculated will only be resolved when there's a leaderboard up. Is there one yet?
My opinion, it's based on cash income from raids, attacks, defending, missions, building "collections". I wouldn't assume just cos you might have a huge IPH that you'll do well.

It's income per hour, plain and simple. If you have a good income per hour you will get it if you don't bad luck. I have mw cc and KA and they all practically say the same thing. It certainly doesn't include raids, pvp or pve or it would say.

Sia
06-02-2012, 06:47 AM
It's income per hour, plain and simple. If you have a good income per hour you will get it if you don't bad luck. I have mw cc and KA and they all practically say the same thing. It certainly doesn't include raids, pvp or pve or it would say.

It is not crystal clear. Income per hour can mean total incom divided by total hour as well. Funny no one comes to explain!

Arj
06-02-2012, 06:50 AM

Income per hour as your statistic? meaning collection of money from your own buildings has no play either?

lanemondo
06-02-2012, 06:52 AM
Too complicated, they struggled with the last event. My view is this is a way funzio are trying to keep long term customers happy by giving them something for free. Shame people play the game differently and don't always upgrade buildings. Its pretty clear on cc as it states income per hour from money buildings.

lanemondo
06-02-2012, 06:53 AM
Income per hour as your statistic? meaning collection of money from your own buildings has no play either?

Just your statistic.

FisK
06-02-2012, 07:41 AM
I have emailed support to get an official explanation, since there is so much confusion about how this event works.

Arizona
06-02-2012, 07:55 AM
Then what's the point of this "competition"?
Therefore, it's already settled before it's begun. Just go through a list of the top 500 IPH players and hand out prizes. You have 2 days to increase your income per hour, WOW! Most buildings take longer to be of any value to upgrade.
Stupid idea for a competition. (Assuming you are right).

Crazy Canuck
06-02-2012, 07:59 AM
Don't have time to look threw this whole thread so can someone tell me how this tourney works is it income collected from buildings or your IPH stat no matter if you collect that much or not?

I have a chance if it's actual income collected but not if it's IPH stat that doesn't matter if you mare there to collect or not.

manbeast
06-02-2012, 08:01 AM
Therefore, it's already settled before it's begun. Just go through a list of the top 500 IPH players and hand out prizes. You have 2 days to increase your income per hour, WOW! Most buildings take longer to be of any value to upgrade.

they want people to spend roughly 2k gold buying all the gold money buildings. they have instant build times. and w/ 451k you are a shoe in, so i dont see why you dont like it.

rewards players who have been smart and using the spreadsheet. also ones who have been playing for a long time. i've been playing since the end of January. havent upgrades any money buildings in a month though, been working on boost buildings

manbeast
06-02-2012, 08:02 AM
Don't have time to look threw this whole thread so can someone tell me how this tourney works is it income collected from buildings or your IPH stat no matter if you collect that much or not?

I have a chance if it's actual income collected but not if it's IPH stat that doesn't matter if you mare there to collect or not.

nobody knows for certain, but i believe it is iph stat.

Crazy Canuck
06-02-2012, 08:04 AM
That is why i'm wondering if it's not income collected durning event. That why everyone has a chance.

Sure some who have high IPH stat have an advantage but I want to see them collect those lvl 10 supply depot's 12 times an hour and 288 times a day to get full value

Crazy Canuck
06-02-2012, 08:10 AM
rewards players who have been smart and using the spreadsheet. also ones who have been playing for a long time. i've been playing since the end of January. havent upgrades any money buildings in a month though, been working on boost buildings

I desagree if it's just IPH stat then it reward people who upgrade quick turn around building just to pad a stat even though there is no way they can collect it everytime it comes up.

In all of my guys threw out all 3 games CC, MW and KA I don't have great IPH stats but that is cuase I only focus on upgrading 12, 24 or 48 hour building. Over the long haul I player is way better off whit these ones high but they don't increase you IPH stat as fast.

JohnnyR
06-02-2012, 08:16 AM
Most of this thread can be eliminated by clarifyjng the "hourly revenue" phrase and putting up a leaderboard. Five seconds CC Mark, sent ya a PM-do you guys even care? I'm on your side on many things, this I cannot understand.

CAPT.GIN
06-02-2012, 08:20 AM
This tournament sucks a$$ yo!!!

Arizona
06-02-2012, 08:24 AM
Sure some who have high IPH stat have an advantage but I want to see them collect those lvl 10 supply depot's 12 times an hour and 288 times a day to get full value

That's being resourceful!

@Manbeast...
...I don't have any or intend buying gold $ buildings. It's not really resourceful having instant upgrades if you have to pay real $ to do it. (We could be arguing the definition of resourceful vs efficiency here). I can see your point though, as Funzio will see it as another source of income for themselves; people buying gold for instant upgrades. Hey, I hope you and the others are right. I might stand a chance, I just don't see it as being very strategic thinking.
Call it something else and say, "you 500 players have shown your resourcefulness over the months, here's a bonus prize".

Crazy Canuck
06-02-2012, 08:30 AM
I think this is funzio's plan to leave things as vegue as possible so people just blindly spend money hoping to get the prize even if what there doing does them no good.

I will just collect like I have always done and not worry about this one and if I get lucky enough to win then that's great if not oh well better luck next time

Sia
06-02-2012, 08:32 AM
I think this is funzio's plan to leave things as vegue as possible so people just blindly spend money hoping to get the prize even if what there doing does them no good.

I will just collect like I have always done and not worry about this one and if I get lucky enough to win then that's great if not oh well better luck next time

Add raids just to be on safe side! At the end what will happen is I I'll get so much used to raids that I can not stop! :)

bigflan
06-02-2012, 08:33 AM
The prize pretty sick have enough for a solar array but my expansion would be complete after event boring

Warfiend
06-02-2012, 08:56 AM
Add raids just to be on safe side! At the end what will happen is I I'll get so much used to raids that I can not stop! :)

That's what happened to me. I started raiding last night in case it included raids, told myself I'd just do a few here and there whenever I logged in, next thing you know a couple hours had passed and I had millions of extra dollars even after expanding my forces( I ended my spree stronger in both attack and defense than when I started).

My name is Warfiend, and I have a raiding problem.

JMC
06-02-2012, 09:18 AM
I'm going to play this one like is the income per hour stat as it is likely the same as the CC/KA events and the wording in those games is a little bit more obvious. If it happens not to be income per hour stat, than too bad for me i guess. Stats on that heli are nice, but nothing game changing up here.

Sia
06-02-2012, 09:21 AM
I started upgrade of solar array to lev 5. It takes less than 24 hours and needs 63 gold. One can do such upgrades that will finish before deadline but if IPH actually made is counted no upgrades would matter though hardly you can ncollect. It is just not clear!

JMC
06-02-2012, 09:23 AM
Probably income per hour and they made the event actually last a few days, so that anyone with an upgrade in progress could have it finish before the event was over and give themselves a little boost.

Not like it'd help that much though. They just needed an idea for an event that rewards someone for having gone with a certain strategy/done a certain amount of work, rather than the complete luck of crate & part events.

stricker
06-02-2012, 09:23 AM
I started upgrade of solar array to lev 5. It takes less than 24 hours and needs 63 gold. One can do such upgrades that will finish before deadline but if IPH actually made is counted no upgrades would matter though hardly you can ncollect. It is just not clear!
...sssssssshhhhhh Sia!!!

lol... i did the same... was saving gold for composite bldg... but had enough to get those fast upgrades on solar arrays... ;p

Thunder Child
06-02-2012, 09:26 AM
That's what happened to me. I started raiding last night in case it included raids, told myself I'd just do a few here and there whenever I logged in, next thing you know a couple hours had passed and I had millions of extra dollars even after expanding my forces( I ended my spree stronger in both attack and defense than when I started).My name is Warfiend, and I have a raiding problem.My name is Thunder Child, and I have developed a raiding habit.

stricker
06-02-2012, 10:33 AM
My name is Thunder Child, and I have developed a raiding habit.

...lol, what's up w/this TC??? ...is the WP confessional thread closed??? ;p

...btw, is there still a discrepancy w/the att/def for the event unit???
some ppls are seeing 336 att/ 264 def
some ppls are seeing 336 att/ 464 def
...it is not isolated to level either...

since it's a 'DEFENSE' unit... i would think that they should ALL read 336 att/464 def...

ccM/boomer/fizz... could someone please clarify???

bigflan
06-02-2012, 10:42 AM
...lol, what's up w/this TC??? ...is the WP confessional thread closed??? ;p

...btw, is there still a discrepancy w/the att/def for the event unit???
some ppls are seeing 336 att/ 264 def
some ppls are seeing 336 att/ 464 def
...it is not isolated to level either...

since it's a 'DEFENSE' unit... i would think that they should ALL read 336 att/464 def...

ccM/boomer/fizz... could someone please clarify???It's a problem with the devices graphics iPad gets the 446 defense the iPhone gets the 246 defense it's just a typo

War Priest
06-02-2012, 10:42 AM
No Stricker, it was moved to the other forum. :p

spectra
06-02-2012, 11:02 AM
I think that the goal is the IHP event is to see how money a player collects from their buidlings during the event
I think they want people to go camping for a couple of days so that FUNZIO can catch up on all the tickets, and issues they have with the games
Just my 2cents

lanemondo
06-02-2012, 11:20 AM
The event is income per hour stat, end of. If it was anything different they would say. Such as total collected during the time or total raided. Is it just me or is this pretty obvious?

JMC
06-02-2012, 11:28 AM
The event is income per hour stat, end of. If it was anything different they would say. Such as total collected during the time or total raided. Is it just me or is this pretty obvious?

That's all it seems to be from my perspective as well. People over analyse and speculate too much. A lot of things are a lot more obvious than people make them out to be.

lanemondo
06-02-2012, 11:32 AM
That's all it seems to be from my perspective as well. People over analyse and speculate too much. A lot of things are a lot more obvious than people make them out to be.

Most sensible post so far. Btw my income is beating your income by about $800! Lol

JMC
06-02-2012, 11:37 AM
Most sensible post so far. Btw my income is beating your income by about $800! Lol

Lol, GJ. I've spent the last couple months upgrading boost and unit buildings. Just got back to income per hour.

Luke7676
06-02-2012, 11:40 AM
I would still like a leader board none the less for this tourny

lanemondo
06-02-2012, 11:40 AM
Lol, GJ. I've spent the last couple months upgrading boost and unit buildings. Just got back to income per hour. me too haha!! Doing my level 8 composites currently with 20 hours to go so cant do anything. Going for the nano upgrade 3 once it's done.

stricker
06-02-2012, 11:44 AM
...i'm on the iph thinking too but doesn't seem fair to do the cummalitive of iph from when a ppl started playing up until the end of the event...

shouldn't it be iph gained during event???

x - y = n
where as:
x = iph at the end of event
y = iph at the beginning of the event
n = iph increase during the event

Selfproclaimed
06-02-2012, 11:46 AM
Then it's not a tourney. It's a giveaway.

stricker
06-02-2012, 11:53 AM
Then it's not a tourney. It's a giveaway.
otay... then why the 3-days... just give it away now!!! lol

no need to reply... that comment was rhetorical.... ;p

lanemondo
06-02-2012, 11:59 AM
I think it is a giveaway myself and purposely done due to the negative feedback in recent weeks.
Don't think this is gonna help with people on low iph stats though........

Luke7676
06-02-2012, 12:14 PM
otay... then why the 3-days... just give it away now!!! lol
no need to reply... that comment was rhetorical.... ;p

Well im replying anyway haha. They give 3 days so ppl will try their hardest to upgrade their money buildings. And naturally there will be lots of folks that use gold to complete upgrades faster within the 3 days.

Selfproclaimed
06-02-2012, 12:23 PM
I totally see it as a giveaway IF it's soley based off peoples iph from their own money buildings. I don't see many people at all using gold to finish upgrades for this event for even if they did,the amount needed to drastically change their iph would probably be a lot of gold. Now. Perhaps the whales but something still does not seem right . Why not just call it a giveaway to the top1000 people

Sia
06-02-2012, 12:33 PM
I think that the goal is the IHP event is to see how money a player collects from their buidlings during the event
I think they want people to go camping for a couple of days so that FUNZIO can catch up on all the tickets, and issues they have with the games
Just my 2cents

Very good point. Perhaps that is the case! No..... No .... No... What am i saying! It is raid ... Now we can raid without feeling guilty! .... I always needed a reason to do it! :) :p

stricker
06-02-2012, 12:37 PM
lol... funny luke... if it is a giveaway... then i thought that was obvious...
that's why i said, no need to reply... that comment was rhetorical... ;p

...but thanks for informing the weaker minds!!! lol
(tol... if that offends anyone, we have a big non-self-awareness problem going on here... :]

Sia
06-02-2012, 12:39 PM
I totally see it as a giveaway IF it's soley based off peoples iph from their own money buildings. I don't see many people at all using gold to finish upgrades for this event for even if they did,the amount needed to drastically change their iph would probably be a lot of gold. Now. Perhaps the whales but something still does not seem right . Why not just call it a giveaway to the top1000 people

This unit is collectively above 700 points that is worth 1350 gold. How much upgrade can you do with that? Was it even 5 minutes a gold? You need to get 650 gold and 650 cash for the upgrades if you already don't have. At most you can do 2 nano upgrade to level 2 or 3 oil rig upgrade worth of the prize. That is an increase of 38000 per hour in IPH which is really not much. I can accept 100 gold spent for upgrades and I sometimes do that but not 650 or 1350 for it.

Sia
06-02-2012, 12:50 PM
It means raid, raid, raid.... I say it 50 times in the mirror! It is not IPH only. I had the right to raid the past 7 million because it was a tournement .... It is collateral damage .... I am not guilty.... It is not my fault .... Oh gosh what did I do I decimated a base .... No no no no.... He would come back to collect level 10 depot and the nanos ..... And it is 65% gone ... How frustrating ....

Fastus: no you have the right .... Raid it raid it .... It is a tournement ... Sell your soul to devil and raid it. Buy gold refill raid raid Nano .... Ha ha ha ha .....
Me: Faustus .....Faustus ... Come back... At lest tell me which bases are not collected....I want to sell my soul completely with after services to devil....Faustus come back .... And then CC comes and answers ...

Faustus (CC): dear child promise me to continue raid if I tell you that you got the prize.... You already sold your soul to devil .... It is Faustus Funzio CC remarks as he glides into the smoke at the end of the dark corridor ....

And here is me. Buying gold refilling, raiding .... Excited ....Faustus, Faustus come back tell us more ..... Yoo ha ha ha ha....

Episode 1 of the tale of Funzio Fastus by Sia

Sia
06-02-2012, 01:00 PM
...i'm on the iph thinking too but doesn't seem fair to do the cummalitive of iph from when a ppl started playing up until the end of the event...

shouldn't it be iph gained during event???

x - y = n
where as:
x = iph at the end of event
y = iph at the beginning of the event
n = iph increase during the event

This makes sense as a tournement. Although, It would have needed 4 days for longest upgrade. This would have pushed gold spending boundaries but what if you already have high income?

deiter
06-02-2012, 01:05 PM
Remember Funzio is a business and they make their money when you spend yours. That is why they have this or any other contest. some people will spend real money to make fake money to win a fake prize. It is actually brilliant on their part. I for one will try on this, but I will do so without any real cash.

stricker
06-02-2012, 01:19 PM
This makes sense as a tournement. Although, It would have needed 4 days for longest upgrade. This would have pushed gold spending boundaries but what if you already have high income?
....aaaaaaaannnndddddd what is the funzio M.O.????

always, always, always!!! lol;p

JohnnyR
06-02-2012, 01:32 PM
Remember Funzio is a business and they make their money when you spend yours. That is why they have this or any other contest. some people will spend real money to make fake money to win a fake prize. It is actually brilliant on their part. I for one will try on this, but I will do so without any real cash.

Pretty sure they'd make more money if we all knew what the heck to spend it on.....

Hello Kitty
06-02-2012, 01:36 PM
Pretty sure they'd make more money if we all knew what the heck to spend it on.....Bahahaha! Best post of the day JR! On KA, the tournament just says you "win" if you make the cut.

cheiz
06-02-2012, 03:33 PM
Well, I suppose we could derive some info from a little list with the current ranking

manbeast
06-02-2012, 08:11 PM
Well, I suppose we could derive some info from a little list with the current ranking

yea. that would be nice.

can't believe they posted the event and didnt even look at the forum all day. didnt make a single post answering our question. didn't correct the typo in the unit's stats

what a joke.

siL
06-03-2012, 09:06 AM
I think it is a giveaway myself and purposely done due to the negative feedback in recent weeks.
Don't think this is gonna help with people on low iph stats though........

Damn i'm going to lose again from you lane on this event..really suck on my IPH...lololol
Btw, could you pm me your id man? Really want to add you as ally...

manbeast
06-03-2012, 10:10 AM
I CANNOT BELIEVE THE UNIT TYPO HAS NOT BEEN FIXED!!!!!!!!!

seriously! HOLY CRAP! how can they not notice/fix something so simple!? it pops up EVERY SINGLE TIME i log in and it pisses me off every time! i'm still seeing the 264. if i get the 264 unit and other people get the 464 unit i'm not going to be happy.

i mean come on. this is a million dollar company. they should have enough people power to fix problems and at least one person dedicated to talking to forum members.

edit- you people are still seeing the 464 unit right? they havent changed yours?

Deskjockey
06-03-2012, 12:16 PM
Nope, no change. My splash screen still says 464.

Poopenshire
06-03-2012, 12:19 PM
I still can't believe this is about building IPH only. So many people rely on raids and attack for income as well as missions. It has to be some kind I combination there in.

albeezy
06-03-2012, 05:35 PM
It may be just me but I think it is all income, not IPH. For example, in CC the event says "... collected from money buildings. Technically raids are income collected from money buildings while attacks are not collected from money buildings. Also, the definition of revenue is "gross income from a business enterprise, investment, property, etc." courtesy of thefreedictionary.com. So revenue is all income collected. This makes me think that this is actually a raiding tournament and that IPH may be a boost to some of the lower levels that spent time on economy vs. building army. Just my two cents. My IPH is $431,263.

Jhoemel
06-03-2012, 05:45 PM
Its 464 for me, even for my brother

manbeast
06-03-2012, 07:29 PM
Its 464 for me, even for my brother

are yall on iphones or ipads?

Jhoemel
06-03-2012, 07:37 PM
are yall on iphones or ipads?

mine is ipad, my brother is on iphone

manbeast
06-03-2012, 07:39 PM
mine is ipad, my brother is on iphone

oh man thats not good. i'm on an iphone. what are your brothers stats? lvl and iph? when did he start playing (roughly)? there has to be a reason we are getting different units.

Jhoemel
06-04-2012, 02:33 AM
oh man thats not good. i'm on an iphone. what are your brothers stats? lvl and iph? when did he start playing (roughly)? there has to be a reason we are getting different units.

He is level 27, iph is 35k, he's a casual player that only play modern war before going to sleep

mickymacirl
06-04-2012, 02:42 AM
looks like the event has ended, not getting the splash screen anymore

Jhoemel
06-04-2012, 02:47 AM
Me too man, it ended and still no leaderboard

albeezy
06-04-2012, 03:10 PM
Anyone else with a BDF notice that your casualty rate when being raided is a lot higher than when being attacked? I am losing 1 or 2 units when being attacked vs. 3-6 when being raided. It is reversed when I am attacking and raiding with more losses from raiding than attacking.

Arj
06-04-2012, 04:04 PM
Anyone else with a BDF notice that your casualty rate when being raided is a lot higher than when being attacked? I am losing 1 or 2 units when being attacked vs. 3-6 when being raided. It is reversed when I am attacking and raiding with more losses from raiding than attacking.

This may not be the case, but dont forget that when your raided, the news feed will just quote the amount you lost as long as he didnt lose a raid inbetween. So when you lose 3-6 units, check to see how many times he actaully hit you. I had someone take 80k cash from raiding me last night, but he hit like 6 different low money buildings lol I cant see how he made any money from it, his casulties must of been substantial after 18 raid attacks lol

Sia
06-04-2012, 05:35 PM
This may not be the case, but dont forget that when your raided, the news feed will just quote the amount you lost as long as he didnt lose a raid inbetween. So when you lose 3-6 units, check to see how many times he actaully hit you. I had someone take 80k cash from raiding me last night, but he hit like 6 different low money buildings lol I cant see how he made any money from it, his casulties must of been substantial after 18 raid attacks lol

Arj, it depends on what A/D difference is between you and him. In my case not considering my opponent boosT buildings which anyway doesn't show up in his stat. If the opponents on average defence is half mine I don't loose anything raiding buildings. I hit small as well though I just want to unload the attack points.