PDA

View Full Version : The 'Unofficial' *Official* Low-to-Mid Level Discussion Thread (< Level 50)

kykboxr
06-01-2012, 02:15 PM
I know there is a thread for those under level 25-30, but there isn't any thread related to those below 50. And if there is, then that's why this is the unofficial thread. This will be a place where all the lower level members can harbor their thoughts, ask questions and partake in some jolly-good discussions. Besides, we ARE the future of Crime City :D

Obviously, there are a lot of newbies out there (myself included), however, after getting a grasp of how this game is different than other IOS RPG games, I've learned to acclimate myself to the structure. While I'm no genius [in the game], I am smarter than the average bear. I think, at least to the new people, there is sufficient resources here to guide you to the promised land.

Let's roll!

:cool:

Miss Jasmine
06-01-2012, 02:17 PM
Count me in!

kykboxr
06-01-2012, 02:20 PM
Kickin' bod!

Welcome

kinghansen
06-01-2012, 02:31 PM
I R low level too. What about me? =(

The Billionaire
06-01-2012, 02:32 PM
So what shall we talk about then?

How about is it worth getting a nightclub before level 50?

joaquim
06-01-2012, 02:32 PM
I'll be happy to answer any questions that you may have. I'm almost at level 89 so I don't know all the answers but I'll answer the one's I can.

kinghansen
06-01-2012, 02:33 PM

I would buy it around 200k income per hour but thats my personal opinion.

joaquim
06-01-2012, 02:34 PM

I'd say that it depends on how good your economy is. I'm talking like getting Lofts to level 2 and Movie Theaters to level 4 or $90,000 IPH. If you can match one of those two or better, I'd say it's worth it.

joaquim
06-01-2012, 02:35 PM
I would buy it around 200k income per hour but thats my personal opinion.

I noticed your IPH. Do you have a Nightclub yet or still saving up?

Dreno33
06-01-2012, 02:35 PM
I'll partake.
I'm technically under lvl 50, even at lvl 9. lol

Since Gatling guns are unlock able within this threads limit, we won't need to worry about too much discussion on Defense buildings in here, lol.

Best (non-mafia) buildings unlocked 50 and below?

1) Art House Cinema
2) Dominican
3) Comedy Club

Refute or agree(:

kinghansen
06-01-2012, 02:36 PM
I noticed your IPH. Do you have a Nightclub yet or still saving up?

I bought my first one this morning and it jumped my IPH to 240k. Im saving for my 2nd one now and am only doing cheap upgrades.

Dreno33
06-01-2012, 02:39 PM
I'd say that it depends on how good your economy is. I'm talking like getting Lofts to level 2 and Movie Theaters to level 4 or $90,000 IPH. If you can match one of those two or better, I'd say it's worth it.

if you're under lvl 50 (the purpose of this thread) a lvl 2 Loft and lvl 4 MT is no where near ready for a NC save-up, dude. under lvl 50 buildings are SO MUCH worse than the ones you have unlocked.

Lofts to lvl 6 and MT's 8 or 9 is ready. Some may argue a lvl less. But lvl 2 loft and lvl 4 MT is absurd for under lvl 50 players

kykboxr
06-01-2012, 02:39 PM
Welcome Avon/Billionaire, Joaquim and kinghansen! There are definitely a few hoods that people should check out, and Avon is one of them. Duder is another. These guys are the basis of low level, RIDICULOUS IPH. I'd say Dreno too but haven't seen his hood.

joaquim
06-01-2012, 02:40 PM
I'll partake.

Since Gatling guns are unlock able within this threads limit, we won't need to worry about too much discussion on Defense buildings in here, lol.

1) Art House Cinema
2) Dominican
3) Comedy Club

Refute or agree(:

I'd say between those 3 buildings
1. Dominican
2. Art House Cinema
3. Comedy Club

Dominican was my obvious #1 choice but between Comedy Club and Art House Cinema that one was a little tougher.

Miss Jasmine
06-01-2012, 02:41 PM

Well, here's my take on it:

If you can afford one, I'd definitely go for it. I'd personally wait until my economy was strong enough to support investing in one though. For example, if you only had $40,000,000 to spend, don't waste it all on one Nightclub. Invest that same amount of money first into upgrading something cheaper like your Lofts or Movie Theaters to relatively high levels, and then set your sights on a Nightclub.

At least that would be my approach anyways.

joaquim
06-01-2012, 02:42 PM
if you're under lvl 50 (the purpose of this thread) a lvl 2 Loft and lvl 4 MT is no where near ready for a NC save-up, dude. under lvl 50 buildings are SO MUCH worse than the ones you have unlocked.

Lofts to lvl 6 and MT's 8 or 9 is ready. Some may argue a lvl less. But lvl 2 loft and lvl 4 MT is absurd for under lvl 50 players

Maybe you could also get the Dominican Restaurant to maybe level 5 or 6 also to give the economy a boost.

kykboxr
06-01-2012, 02:42 PM
I'll partake.

1) Art House Cinema
2) Dominican
3) Comedy Club

Refute or agree(:

Well, there he is...

Welcome D

The Billionaire
06-01-2012, 02:43 PM

On my iPad hood i'm currently working on my Lofts and MT's. Once my current upgrade finishes i'll have 2 Lofts at level 4 and 2 MT's at level 6. I'm just wondering how many more Loft and MT upgrades i do before i stop and start saving for the nightclub. Also got 2 techno clubs at level 10/8, the rest of my stats are in my signature.

Miss Jasmine
06-01-2012, 02:43 PM
And I have a question, if this is actually the only thread for our levels, couldn't we just call it the official thread instead? :p

Dreno33
06-01-2012, 02:45 PM
Maybe you could also get the Dominican Restaurant to maybe level 5 or 6 also to give the economy a boost.

true, but that's only 88k a day. That's not a huge-enough impact for saving 40m, in 2 weeks (which should be the aim for saving 40m) that only contributes 1.2m. That's barely anything. MT's and Lofts below lvl 50 are truly the only game changers.

joaquim
06-01-2012, 02:51 PM
true, but that's only 88k a day. That's not a huge-enough impact for saving 40m, in 2 weeks (which should be the aim for saving 40m) that only contributes 1.2m. That's barely anything. MT's and Lofts below lvl 50 are truly the only game changers.

You could also get a couple of Beachside Inn upgrades but I guess that still wouldn't be enough. Other than that, the only other buildings that would really be worth upgrading would be the Comedy Club and Art House Cinema.

fuzzy
06-01-2012, 02:53 PM
Why not the Beachside Inn for this level low to Mid Level discussion?

Camper account is Level 9 with MT at level 6 and Lofts at Level 3 with one them going to a level 4 tomorrow.

Lofts to to Level 6 and MT to at least 8 before I start to save for the Night Club for this camper account.

Miss Jasmine
06-01-2012, 02:54 PM
MT's and Lofts below lvl 50 are truly the only game changers.

I've noticed that as well. As a relatively newer player looking to actually construct my very first loft, I've been prioritizing Movie Theater upgrades whenever my cash permits me to (I'm practically broke now with level 4/3 Theaters though). When I don't have enough for my Theaters, I continue upgrading my Houses which are both at level 7 now.

kykboxr
06-01-2012, 02:58 PM
The BSI just opened up for me today. Working on my 500K expansion, and then will sell some turrets to make room for these two. Currently upgrading MT to L2 and MT to L2 tomorrow. My overnight will be the Italian to L5 :D

Miss Jasmine
06-01-2012, 03:13 PM
I personally haven't focused too much on defense buildings at all, as I'm not entirely sure exactly what effect they even have.

joaquim
06-01-2012, 03:15 PM
The BSI just opened up for me today. Working on my 500K expansion, and then will sell some turrets to make room for these two. Currently upgrading MT to L2 and MT to L2 tomorrow. My overnight will be the Italian to L5 :D

I don't think you'll need to sell the turrets to make room for it since you'll have a lot of room once the expansion is complete. How much time left until the expansion completes?

Dreno33
06-01-2012, 03:15 PM
For under lvl 50, if you are willing to spend some gold, the Empire Theaters are SUPERIOR. I have one at lvl 9 and the other almost finishing to lvl 8. I already have enough to immediately upgrade again to 9. These suckers bring in more dough then my MT's by far, right now(:

joaquim
06-01-2012, 03:16 PM
I personally haven't focused too much on defense buildings at all, as I'm not entirely sure exactly what effect they even have.

They have no effect past level 5 I think. That's why everyone says that the the Gatling and Missle turrets are the only good defense buildings, but at your level, you haven't unlocked either one.

Dreno33
06-01-2012, 03:21 PM
They have no effect past level 5 I think. That's why everyone says that the the Gatling and Missle turrets are the only good defense buildings, but at your level, you haven't unlocked either one.

not true. they do. ALL DEFENSE BUILDINGS (true defense) contribute the base amount to your REAL defense. every upgrade after that adds 1/2 of the BASE value of building to your REAL defense.

nopenopenope
06-01-2012, 03:23 PM
They have no effect past level 5 I think.

If you don't know, don't misinform! You can read Peacock's thread in the BoB if you believe his research is true.

kykboxr
06-01-2012, 03:24 PM
I don't think you'll need to sell the turrets to make room for it since you'll have a lot of room once the expansion is complete. How much time left until the expansion completes?

J, in 25 hrs :D

I already have my night planned with the rain. Movie Theatre upgrading to L2 and will be complete by 8 pm EST, then I'll be upgrading the Italian to L5 which will skew the 3hr buildings tomorrow, but it's irrelevant. When that's complete, I'll be *hopefully* upgrading the two waffle houses and by 4 pm EST, I'll be upgrading the other MT to L2 :D

kykboxr
06-01-2012, 03:25 PM
...then I'll probably do a long upgrade like the pawn shop or any other 24 hr upgrade (have like 12 of them) while I save up for the Beach-side Inn's

joaquim
06-01-2012, 03:27 PM
...then I'll probably do a long upgrade like the pawn shop or any other 24 hr upgrade (have like 12 of them) while I save up for the Beach-side Inn's

How much money do you have right now?

kinghansen
06-01-2012, 03:29 PM
On my iPad hood i'm currently working on my Lofts and MT's. Once my current upgrade finishes i'll have 2 Lofts at level 4 and 2 MT's at level 6. I'm just wondering how many more Loft and MT upgrades i do before i stop and start saving for the nightclub. Also got 2 techno clubs at level 10/8, the rest of my stats are in my signature.

My MTs were level 9 and my Lofts were level 6 when I bought my first Nightclub. I also had a lot of other good high level buildings.

The Billionaire
06-01-2012, 03:49 PM
My MTs were level 9 and my Lofts were level 6 when I bought my first Nightclub. I also had a lot of other good high level buildings.

Cool that was sort of my plan. I was planning to get both MT's to level 10 and both Lofts to level 5 before i start saving for my NC's. I hoping by the time i hit level 50 i'll have everything bar my Lofts and NC's up to level 10. The rest of my buildings are as follows:

2 x Gun Shops 4/4
2 x Houses 6/4 (Upgrade Priority whilst saving)
2 x Techno Clubs 10/8 (Upgrade Priority whilst saving)
2 x Pawn Shops 5/3
2 x T-Shirt Stands 5/5 (Upgrade Priority whilst saving)
2 x Basketball Courts 7/5 (Upgrade Priority whilst saving)
2 x Tattoo Parlours 5/4
2 x Italians 6/5 (Upgrade Priority whilst saving)
2 x Ice Cream Parlours 10/9 (Upgrade Priority whilst saving)
2 x Souvenir Stores 3/3
2 x Pizza Parlours 4/4

Miss Jasmine
06-01-2012, 04:56 PM
I have a question that I'd like to ask anyone with a decent amount of experience in item farming:

Barring the M4A1 (Since it won't be possible for me to get those anymore unfortunately), is there any other farmable item later on that would give me a really good reason to focus on accumulating ANY energy over stamina? (I'm still at only 100 Energy)

Because from what I've seen and read through various guides and spreadsheets so far, the drop rates of any "good" items appear to be either entirely horrific, or the energy costs to obtain them are simply astronomical.

I'm curious because I want to be as competitive as I possibly can be when I hit end-game, without spending boatloads of gold on gear.

Basically, without the original M4's in the picture anymore, should I continue focusing on Respect Farming or switch over to Item Farming to be more competitive in the long run?

kykboxr
06-02-2012, 01:18 PM
Jasmine, I've been farming the Rusty M4A1 (7A/11D) at the location in the junkyard. The numbers aren't the same, but it's 13 experience with a healthy drop rate. During the last event, I was successful in obtaining the RPG's as well. Not sure if you're looking for attack or defense, but for defense, at your level, that may be the best thing available. In terms of offense, the M4 shotgun in Autorow yields a 9/8, however, it's 68 experience per shot and I don't know the drop rate. At seaside, people have been farming the state jacket against Donna Giancarlo and that takes a 32 'effort' to obtain. Your best bet would be to download White Frog's "all-in-one" spreadsheet from his signature or the best of the best threads. There is a tab just for missions ;)

msjo
06-02-2012, 01:35 PM
I can't quite decide how I want to play. I can't stand the idea of actually camping because it's too boring day to day for me. Recently, I've been doing a lot of pvp during events and respect farming in the in-between times. I have found guns to drop enough from pvp that I haven't bothered farming them, but I do sometimes hit Sheila Smalls at Auto Row for nail bats when I'm looking for event items. While a 7/5 nail bat isn't awesome, the drop rate has been okay, it's a medium-energy job (maybe 87 or 97), and a one-click job, and I haven't had many pvp melee drops (an occasional butterfly knife).