PDA

View Full Version : Unable to raise attack level

Watoosy
06-01-2012, 03:51 AM
This is my first post. I have reached 500 mafia members and it seems no matter how many expensive guns and melee I buy, my score only creeps up a few points. Besides spending money on explosives, should I be be doing something else? Adding more than 500 mafia members does not increase score.

PawnXIIX
06-01-2012, 03:53 AM
This is my first post. I have reached 500 mafia members and it seems no matter how many expensive guns and melee I buy, my score only creeps up a few points. Besides spending money on explosives, should I be be doing something else? Adding more than 500 mafia members does not increase score.

Good observation. The most mafia members that are useful are 500. No matter what you level is you cannot receive any more benefit from anymore mafia members. The only way to increase your attack/defense now would be to find out the lowest attack/defense weapon that is being equipped and then find a higher replacement for that weapon.

Welcome to the forums as well, you'll get much stronger on here ^^

Watoosy
06-01-2012, 04:02 AM
Thank you. How do you go about replacing low weapons with high weapons?

PawnXIIX
06-01-2012, 04:11 AM
Oh there are many ways to do that. Robbing/Fighting enemies yields respect points as well as the occasional loot item. The items that can be bought with those respect points are arguably the most powerful weapons you can get your hands on short of spending money on in-game gold.

Other weapons can be gotten from jobs, there are many lists out there that can show you what kinds of drop you can get from completing certain jobs. Here is the spreadsheet of all the jobs and their respective job completion rewards that I use:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AqX4lDb5cyUvdHl6RXFncTlLVDY5NjdvQ3FZWmF3e Wc#gid=6

Only a very select few jobs offer rewards guaranteed, they are the 'defeat' jobs as well as one of the jobs from Canal Street. Sadly, you come to the forums at a time when the drop rates for some of the best items were either nerfed or discontinued completely. However, there still are a few items that are really worth going for. Take a look through the guides that are spread through the forums, every person has their opinion on the best items and what they feel like would best suit their style of play.

I also suggest you thumb through these two topics if you haven't seen the forums before:

http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?15506-The-quot-Best-of-the-Best-quot-Guides!
http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?29487-The-Updated-quot-Best-of-the-Best-quot-Guides!

Gameis
12-09-2012, 02:30 PM
kind of have a similar issue, but mine is about purchasing guns, equipments, and etc. my mafia attack and defense score doesn't go up at all on certain items. And they should no matter what. Especially when it shows how much the item will put out on mafia attack and defense if purchased.Also when I purchase an upgrade on buildings, they seem to downgrade a few days later. Another problem is, sometimes I don't get xp from completing missions. My phone is not jail broken nor I never hacked this game at all. Do any of you guys know why am I having these problems?

P.s I got the new version of crime city installed. I do know that's what causes xp loss and money.

Sandukan
12-09-2012, 02:59 PM
Have you done some wrong in your life?
It could be Karma.
Gree has also been known give and take away - Indian givers.

lsumreed14
12-09-2012, 04:32 PM
Ive noticed something new recently. Im at level 112 and have had exactly 500 mafia for awhile. I know on the stat screen, the att/def stats will increase with added mafia members regardless if you can use them or not, but on the fight result screen my attack stats also increased when I added more mafia to 510. Are the attack stats on the fight result screen incorrect as well, did GREE open up using more than 500 mafia now, or is it a glitch?

Sunsets
12-09-2012, 04:42 PM
kind of have a similar issue, but mine is about purchasing guns, equipments, and etc. my mafia attack and defense score doesn't go up at all on certain items. And they should no matter what. Especially when it shows how much the item will put out on mafia attack and defense if purchased.Also when I purchase an upgrade on buildings, they seem to downgrade a few days later. Another problem is, sometimes I don't get xp from completing missions. My phone is not jail broken nor I never hacked this game at all. Do any of you guys know why am I having these problems?

P.s I got the new version of crime city installed. I do know that's what causes xp loss and money.

The amount displayed for an item's attack and defense does not guarantee that you will receive that exact same bonus in stats. You will only receive the "boosted" amount over any items that you already have equipped and use in combat. So if for example you only have 10 mafia, and you've got 10 guns that each have 20 attack, you won't get any attack bonus by purchasing a gun with only 15 attack bonus.

Ive noticed something new recently. Im at level 112 and have had exactly 500 mafia for awhile. I know on the stat screen, the att/def stats will increase with added mafia members regardless if you can use them or not, but on the fight result screen my attack stats also increased when I added more mafia to 510. Are the attack stats on the fight result screen incorrect as well, did GREE open up using more than 500 mafia now, or is it a glitch?

Both the Profile Display screen and Fight Result screen are bugged on Android. The bonuses shown from additional mafia over your maximum amount is not incorporated into your actual stats - But can still be used as a form of "inflated" defense against other Android players. Those who are utilizing iOS though will still see your actual stats.

lsumreed14
12-09-2012, 05:18 PM
The amount displayed for an item's attack and defense does not guarantee that you will receive that exact same bonus in stats. You will only receive the "boosted" amount over any items that you already have equipped and use in combat. So if for example you only have 10 mafia, and you've got 10 guns that each have 20 attack, you won't get any attack bonus by purchasing a gun with only 15 attack bonus.

Both the Profile Display screen and Fight Result screen are bugged on Android. The bonuses shown from additional mafia over your maximum amount is not incorporated into your actual stats - But can still be used as a form of "inflated" defense against other Android players. Those who are utilizing iOS though will still see your actual stats.

Thanks for your input. I hope they fix the Android bugs soon before I lose interest in the game. With the many differences in game play for the OS, it makes for a 4 tier system: 1) IOS gold players 2) Android gold players 3) IOS free players and 4) Android free players (me).

TonySpaghetti
12-09-2012, 05:28 PM
How many items are you bringing into a fight? It says "items used" on the fight result screen.

Bam Bam
12-09-2012, 05:35 PM

This is a glitch that affects android players. GREE has known about it for awhile, but hasn't done anything about it yet.

Nicky the Nose
12-09-2012, 06:18 PM
To be fair, Gree(d) only just bought out Funzio, but in the few months they have owned these games nothing has been fixed and if anything things have gotten worse. If you're not into the game unlike most of us, my recommendation would be to delete the app now. If however you're not going to delete it, welcome to the forum and good luck, you'll need it

Indianluke
12-09-2012, 07:29 PM
If your going to buy gold... Buy crates the current crates are a pretty good value FYI. Don't buy limited items unless its a non consumable explosive the other limited items are not a good value. Only reason to buy them is if crates aren't making your stats go up for the most part. But don't worry bout that only a select few have that problem . Welcome and good luck🍀👍