PDA

View Full Version : Continue building....?

The_Red
05-31-2012, 12:56 PM
Once you have all the upgrade, money (besides manor), and unit buildings - are y'all continuing to build?

I've been building some of the 9k defense towers, but its still pretty unclear to me how they actually help much of anything. Do you keep building? Or just switch to upgrade only, vault, land (when needed) and units?

Just curious on other's approaches.

Aoxoa
05-31-2012, 01:06 PM
I'm lvl 42 and I have all non-gem buildings built, including manors. I don't build the defense buildings because they are mostly pretty worthless.
The only help that I can tell that they offer is they protect buildings during a raid. This is only helpful if people keep attacking your silos and it is hurting you collection amount. Defense buildings also add some minor defense to your total defense score, but not too much.
Honestly, if you have the coin to spare and you're not building anything else, you might as well build them. If it were me, I would be using that coin to buy better units so that people will have a harder time invading you. I did that early on and it allowed me to save enough coin to buy two manors without being touched. Now I am going to work up enough defense so that I can eventually work on getting the breeding den to 10 when I hit 50, but that is a far off goal.

Great_wall2
05-31-2012, 11:46 PM
I'm lvl 42 and I have all non-gem buildings built, including manors. I don't build the defense buildings because they are mostly pretty worthless.
The only help that I can tell that they offer is they protect buildings during a raid. This is only helpful if people keep attacking your silos and it is hurting you collection amount. Defense buildings also add some minor defense to your total defense score, but not too much.
Honestly, if you have the coin to spare and you're not building anything else, you might as well build them. If it were me, I would be using that coin to buy better units so that people will have a harder time invading you. I did that early on and it allowed me to save enough coin to buy two manors without being touched. Now I am going to work up enough defense so that I can eventually work on getting the breeding den to 10 when I hit 50, but that is a far off goal.

Defense buildings add to your overall defense at face value ie defense building that adds 16 defense will add 16 defense to your overall defense total. Personally I find the defense buildings are helpful at lower levels and low allies. The defense buildings can help to fill a gap on defense while you are upgrading to get better units when you have low allies. However you will soon find that the defense rating vs the cost will become prohibitive as the land cost becomes increasingly expensive and then you are better off buying and upgrading units and increasing your allies.

Bea
06-05-2012, 01:33 AM
I think there's a limit of 5 of each defense building type.

Njwmrb
06-05-2012, 02:02 AM
I think there's a limit of 5 of each defense building type.

Yeah there is, I'm currently working on building all of the defense buildings just to give me something to do since I have all of the other buildings built