PDA

View Full Version : ? for HL players about loot drops...

Swearengen
05-31-2012, 08:10 AM
Sure this has been asked before but the search engine in this forum stinks so here goes again...

At higher levels, like 130+, do the fight loot drops get any better or is it all worthless butterfly knives and nail bats still?

Dipstik
05-31-2012, 08:15 AM
About a month ago I set a personal goal to get as many butterfly knives as I can. It's as pointless a goal as having a high income/hour or good win/loss ratio when you think about it, and it makes me enjoy getting those drops again =P

Yeah, you keep getting butterfly knives all the way.

scarface2012a
05-31-2012, 08:42 AM
no dude, there are some "new" ones, not so better, but... here is: Steyr AUG 7a/6d, Armored police truck 4/19.
ok, slightly better when compared to the Butterfly knife 5/5 and Nail bat 7/5.

Rhino72
05-31-2012, 08:52 AM
Sure this has been asked before but the search engine in this forum stinks so here goes again...

At higher levels, like 130+, do the fight loot drops get any better or is it all worthless butterfly knives and nail bats still?

Pimps Lowriders 16 / 9 ; Bloody AK 15 / 11 ; M72 Launcher 19 / 14 (the 19 Def on the Armored Police Truck will keep helping as well)

Are very rare but they do drop and should help.

badvoc0
05-31-2012, 09:01 AM
also the M14 Sniper rifle A9 D7

Swearengen
05-31-2012, 09:04 AM
I have some of all of those, just curious if the rates changed or better stuff dropped at HL but I guess not. That would be a nice incentive to get folks to fight more (thus level up) is if Funzio increased or scaled better loot drop items for higher level players. That would probably get me to live my "camp' and fight more...

Rhino72
05-31-2012, 09:08 AM
I have some of all of those, just curious if the rates changed or better stuff dropped at HL but I guess not. That would be a nice incentive to get folks to fight more (thus level up) is if Funzio increased or scaled better loot drop items for higher level players. That would probably get me to live my "camp' and fight more...

Nope nothing new nothing better, it has been suggested but nothing has come of it. Maybe give it time which is all we have in this game so we shall see...

badvoc0
05-31-2012, 09:11 AM
@swearengen +1

dudeman
05-31-2012, 09:21 AM
We'll see new loot for the HLs the same day we see new respect items. I once was hopeful that we would see at least some new respect items eventually, but I no longer have any reason to believe that we will.

The current loot and respect items are what Funzio is willing to let players have for free. If you want anything better, they want you to buy it.

DenZ1
05-31-2012, 09:27 AM

In general, no. But for m I have armored police truck dropping at higher rate then before. I can have up to 5 per day if I'm attacking a bit.

dudeman
05-31-2012, 09:34 AM
In general, no. But for m I have armored police truck dropping at higher rate then before. I can have up to 5 per day if I'm attacking a bit.

Did you recently upgrade to Goodfella?

scarface2012a
05-31-2012, 09:49 AM
We'll see new loot for the HLs the same day we see new respect items. I once was hopeful that we would see at least some new respect items eventually, but I no longer have any reason to believe that we will.

The current loot and respect items are what Funzio is willing to let players have for free. If you want anything better, they want you to buy it.

yeah, this is a good point.
I know it is not the topic here, but have you heard something else about new R items?
after the pvp event, I am stuffed with more than 45k R waiting for new items; the existing ones I have enough, more than 100~150 of each one.

dudeman
05-31-2012, 11:13 AM
yeah, this is a good point.
I know it is not the topic here, but have you heard something else about new R items?
after the pvp event, I am stuffed with more than 45k R waiting for new items; the existing ones I have enough, more than 100~150 of each one.

I have never heard anything about new RP items. There was a great deal of speculation at one point that new RP items could be coming, possibly even an explosive RP item, but that was nothing more than very wishful thinking. Almost all new content has been geared towards increasing profits, and providing stronger weapons for free does not fit that plan. With the currently available items players will eventually hit a peak where they can't get stronger for free.

I feel your pain with a lot of saved RP with nothing decent to spend it on. I have 4x more RP saved than you do (200k by the end of today), and my best option is Exelero for something crazy like +20/0. I'm not very interested in spending my hard earned RP (I don't have the Sig OR the Midas) on an item that only boosts my attack score and not also my defense.

murf
05-31-2012, 11:23 AM

I agree with this...I haven't run the numbers, but I think the armored truck drops much more frequently...

Another drop is the Skull Shotgun too...18/7

dudeman
05-31-2012, 11:30 AM
I agree with this...I haven't run the numbers, but I think the armored truck drops much more frequently...

Another drop is the Skull Shotgun too...18/7

Dravak said this first, afaik, so all the credit goes to him:

Agents have a higher drop rate for Armored Police Trucks.
Enforcers have a higher drop rate for Skull Shotguns.
Goodfellas have a higher drop rate for both.

Initially I did not notice any difference after upgrading to Goodfella (I played ~170 levels as Tycoon), but I now strongly support the statements made by Dravak.

Don't take my word for it though, make your own observations. That's why I asked DenZ1 if he recently upgraded to Goodfella. If he is observing a notable increase in the drop of APTs it makes me think that either he never noticed before how many he was getting (less likely) or he recently upgraded and is seeing a desirable and unexpected effect that the upgrade had (more likely).

murf
05-31-2012, 11:33 AM
Dravak said this first, afaik, so all the credit goes to him:

Agents have a higher drop rate for Armored Police Trucks.
Enforcers have a higher drop rate for Skull Shotguns.
Goodfellas have a higher drop rate for both.

Initially I did not notice any difference after upgrading to Goodfella (I played ~170 levels as Tycoon), but I now strongly support the statements made by Dravak.

Don't take my word for it though, make your own observations.

Really? Did he find this in the code? I'm goodfella, but it seemed to improve when I got into the higher levels...again I have no data to support this, so I should probably shut my mouth.

dudeman
05-31-2012, 11:39 AM
Really? Did he find this in the code? I'm goodfella, but it seemed to improve when I got into the higher levels...again I have no data to support this, so I should probably shut my mouth.

That's all based on observation. After I upgraded to Goodfella I didn't closely observe loot drops since I was just happy to have the 10% faster energy and stamina regen. Play for long enough though and CC is like anything else, eventually you notice little details like that.

So again, no facts or data, just tellin' it like I sees it. :cool:

Swearengen
05-31-2012, 12:17 PM
I have been a goodfella for awhile and still don't get many good drops, mostly knives, bats, and the steyr AUG (but only lvl 102).

murf
05-31-2012, 12:47 PM
I have been a goodfella for awhile and still don't get many good drops, mostly knives, bats, and the steyr AUG (but only lvl 102).

Well just wait...I have 64,500 fights won (L196), here are my "good" drops:

28 - M72 Rocket Launcher (19/14)
24 - Bloody AK (15/11)
47 - Skull Shotgun (18/7)
349 - Police Armor (5/14)
29 - Pimp's Lowrider (16/9)
381 - Armored Police Truck (4/19)

Swearengen
05-31-2012, 01:12 PM
maybe so then, I only have 9183 fights won (L180) currently...

Silvio
05-31-2012, 01:52 PM
I've noticed that as your lowest items drops off, the drop rate decreases. For example, once my atk/def increased so that Wrestler masks stopped contributing to my atk/def, I noticed a decrease in their drop rate. Can't confirm with stats though - I haven't been tracking to that detail. At the same time I have noticed an increase in M14 rifles and skull shotguns.

DenZ1
05-31-2012, 02:13 PM
I've noticed that as your lowest items drops off, the drop rate decreases. For example, once my atk/def increased so that Wrestler masks stopped contributing to my atk/def, I noticed a decrease in their drop rate. Can't confirm with stats though - I haven't been tracking to that detail. At the same time I have noticed an increase in M14 rifles and skull shotguns.

based on my observations that is true.
The only thing that still drops like 0.01% of the fights is Pimps Lowrider.