PDA

View Full Version : Finding Runeboxes

slackerboy
05-31-2012, 03:23 AM
Is it just me or are they really difficult to find!

Expended my energy 3 times and no box :(

Altz
05-31-2012, 03:27 AM
I got 20 boxes. Which id rather trade for loots

The_Red
05-31-2012, 03:28 AM
Is it just me or are they really difficult to find!

Expended my energy 3 times and no box :(

I found 4 in a couple mins in the shipwreck yard just doing normal questing. Doesn't seem that hard.

CounterSniper
05-31-2012, 03:29 AM
Ive got 32 from maps, none from PvP yet.

slackerboy
05-31-2012, 03:30 AM
ah ok

maybe just me!

maybe because they are harder to find for they will be easier to open. I hope!!!

Freekizh
05-31-2012, 05:08 AM
ah ok

maybe just me!

maybe because they are harder to find for they will be easier to open. I hope!!!

Other way around lol

marebear
05-31-2012, 05:10 AM
Damn 32.. What time did it start? I always get the events late :(

CounterSniper
05-31-2012, 05:12 AM
Damn 32.. What time did it start? I always get the events late :(

About 8 1/2 hours ago.

I also have 4 gems already but everyone will catch up when I go to sleep in a few hours from now. :cool:

marebear
05-31-2012, 05:19 AM
Thanks! Hopefully my luck is better here. I'm 1/8? In getting 10 on mw.

The_Red
05-31-2012, 05:24 AM
Does anyone know what the stats are on the monsters you can earn with gems?

Mistress of Torment
Undead Warlock
Holy Champion
Inferno Hydra

Are these indestructible units? I can't click on the first one I earned to find out.

marebear
05-31-2012, 05:30 AM
The stats should be on the page where you try and open them. My level is different otherwise I would pull a still.

marebear
05-31-2012, 05:32 AM
This is mine. Level 21. Yes they are indestructible. http://i1243.photobucket.com/albums/gg546/here2andnow3/d7d21e82.jpg

CounterSniper
05-31-2012, 05:32 AM
Thanks! Hopefully my luck is better here. I'm 1/8? In getting 10 on mw.

Yeah, I'm the same on MW. I got one 10th item prize. Cash Only

Got six 10th item prizes in CC. Total of 300 gold used over all events.

CounterSniper
05-31-2012, 05:35 AM
Does anyone know what the stats are on the monsters you can earn with gems?

Mistress of Torment 24/16
Undead Warlock 42/37
Holy Champion 40/60
Inferno Hydra 306/227

Are these indestructible units? I can't click on the first one I earned to find out.

Updated your listing above and the 9th item is Devil Warrior 67/43.

Normally they are indestructable. Still waiting on Funzio's Official Announcement.

Skoty422
05-31-2012, 05:36 AM
What is a runebox? Are y'all talking about KA? I'm so confused. I don't see anything y'all are talking about! Can someone explain please?

marebear
05-31-2012, 06:13 AM
What is a runebox? Are y'all talking about KA? I'm so confused. I don't see anything y'all are talking about! Can someone explain please?Event with chance to win indestructible items. There should be a pop up window. You might have to delete and reinstall for it to come up. You do player vs player and steal boxes or earn them fighting monsters etc on map missions. 3 different ways to open. Free, money or gems. Earn units at 3, 5,7,9,10 opens that have ruby gems in them. See my pic above.

Skoty422
05-31-2012, 06:20 AM
Ok. Had to close and reopen a few times. Got it now. Thanks. Is there any special place or monster that drops these rune boxes? Just boss or higher maps?

marebear
05-31-2012, 06:36 AM
I got one on the Orc camp. The big tent thing. In modern war I usually find them following the valor goals or on the map missions that use higher energy.

The_Red
05-31-2012, 06:47 AM
Updated your listing above and the 9th item is Devil Warrior 67/43.

Normally they are indestructable. Still waiting on Funzio's Official Announcement.

Yes - which is why Im curious if they are or aren't.

As for getting runes - they're pretty easy... I'll have way more runes than I can possibly open with doing normal quest activities.

deuce
05-31-2012, 07:53 AM
Found my first in the Temple of Abaad by destroying the Sacrificial Temple. Of course, I have to wait another hour because I couldn't get it opened using an ancient spell (and I'm not buying gems to open these boxes).

slackerboy
05-31-2012, 02:45 PM
Only got my 1st box now, since the event started. Cant believe most of you are finding it so easy to get them

Chups
05-31-2012, 02:58 PM
8 boxes in waiting to be opened. I have only 1 rare gem. Failed 3 times (middle button) only 1 success (free button).

Futon
05-31-2012, 03:43 PM
doing the harder maps that just opened i've had no issues , they drop very easily for me

Luke7676
05-31-2012, 04:01 PM
Well the reason someppl have harder times finding these boxes is because lvl and energy cost. All the higher energy missions will drop boxes more often then lower ones. So like me at lvl 12 it's damn near impossible to find one.

Copenhagen
05-31-2012, 04:05 PM
5 crates and 3 Gems in the first four hours. Drop rate seems good at high level PVE.

The1nONLY
05-31-2012, 05:06 PM
Rune boxes are easy to get, got 9 gems with the help of purchases.

eternalfire
05-31-2012, 05:21 PM
can u get boxes from raids?

enahs1
05-31-2012, 05:38 PM
Yes you can

Rune boxes are easy to get, got 9 gems with the help of purchases.
I can't get any open with medium option, how much gems did you spend to get 9

Euchred
05-31-2012, 05:38 PM

presumably yes you can but the person you are raiding from still has to have them and you're still 'stealing" them.

Aoxoa
05-31-2012, 08:18 PM
I've received at most 10 boxes and I've received 5 gems now and one extra ally. Maybe about 50 to 70% chance of opening them using the middle option from what I can tell.
I have been receiving them from regular questing.

femaiden
05-31-2012, 09:14 PM
whenever they do one of these, i can never find any for the first day...but then by the end im overloaded with like 50 too many that i cant open because of the 1 per hour limit. and ive been through 2 of these events on crime city and 2 on modern war and now this one and ive never been able to get more than 7 of the item..its rigged only the money players will get the best prize.

The_Red
05-31-2012, 09:23 PM
whenever they do one of these, i can never find any for the first day...but then by the end im overloaded with like 50 too many that i cant open because of the 1 per hour limit. and ive been through 2 of these events on crime city and 2 on modern war and now this one and ive never been able to get more than 7 of the item..its rigged only the money players will get the best prize.

Level up and stop whining... I don't know about others, but I'm currently sitting on 17 unopened boxes in the first day, and I haven't really been doing anything to find rune boxes but just playing normally. There are plenty out there.

LAX
05-31-2012, 09:37 PM

i have had a hard time finding them as well. only found seven boxes all day. but i got 5 gems. playing as usual pve and pvp. i know its not rigged cuz i won the 10th item in mw all with cash opens.

chiu
05-31-2012, 09:43 PM
The event is not rigged, it's based solely on luck. I was lucky enough to get the 10th item in mw 2 events ago without spending a dime. Dont stress yourself out man! Just think of it as free units =p also just a tip, I would keep your number of rune boxes down prob under 10 b/c u don't want to be one of those ppl with 200 useless boxes at the end of the event

femaiden
05-31-2012, 09:47 PM
Level up and stop whining... I don't know about others, but I'm currently sitting on 17 unopened boxes in the first day, and I haven't really been doing anything to find rune boxes but just playing normally. There are plenty out there. well i now have 5 boxes but how is leveling up gonna make it easier to open them. i cant play 18 hours a day like others ubt im usually able to open 9 or 10 boxes a day and i usually end up with 8 of the special item so i get the unit/weapon for the 7th bonus but can never get the 9 or 10 . i looked at other posts people syaing..stop whining i got it but then when they talk about hteir history thhey had to log in 18 times a day and hten they still ended up having to spend over 300 gems buying the guarantee open before they got the best prizes

custos
05-31-2012, 09:50 PM
also just a tip, I would keep your number of rune boxes down prob under 10 b/c u don't want to be one of those ppl with 200 useless boxes at the end of the event

Why? It's not like they cost you anything. This event is obviously a great money-spinner for Funzio. In order to work well the boxes have to be plentiful (they are - I have 12 within a few hours) but opening them is hard. Towards the end of the time people will therefore have lots of unopened boxes and the temptation to buy gems with real cash in order to open them (hence not "wasting them") will be very strong. Simple psychology and very clever.

Funzio was reportedly making more than $5 million in sales per month when it sold to Japan’s GREE for $210 million in early May. That's lots of gems :)

femaiden
05-31-2012, 09:50 PM
The event is not rigged, it's based solely on luck. I was lucky enough to get the 10th item in mw 2 events ago without spending a dime. Dont stress yourself out man! Just think of it as free units =p also just a tip, I would keep your number of rune boxes down prob under 10 b/c u don't want to be one of those ppl with 200 useless boxes at the end of the event

also, i wasnt stressing because i wasnt expecting to get the best unit, i already expected it to be ..okay not impossible, but next to impossible without spending money. yes, some people get it for free but its like winning the lottery.
im satisfied if i at least get the 7 point prize but it still annoys me when they tease with a 300 attack power items that lowers the already ridiculosly high casualty rate by 20% and i know they arent gonna let me get it.

chiu
05-31-2012, 10:20 PM
It's only the second day of the event. Who knows you might get lucky

@custos Well by getting more boxes, you are getting more xp and lvling up faster. So all this xp you're getting is pretty unnecessary esp. since you might not even get a chance to open all those boxes.

chiu
05-31-2012, 10:24 PM
Ya the prizes vary by lvl. There are 5 brackets I believe. Each one with more powerful units than the one before.

Coog
06-01-2012, 12:34 AM
I'm overloaded with boxes. All normal drops has ended and been replaced with boxes and that isn't necessarily a good thing. No loot, just boxes, more boxes than I'll ever need...

Njwmrb
06-01-2012, 01:17 AM
Coog! You just took some of my money -.-

Coog
06-01-2012, 01:43 AM
Sorry about that!

Everson25
06-01-2012, 02:48 AM
Well, because MW event just finished I decided to rest as it was quite tiring. In the evening when I was on the forum found out about the event. I got very excited although I was almost a day behind. Since then I've been attacking every single player on my level and doing pve as much as I can. But until the present I couldn't get a single box for my surprise. I thought level 23 would be ok but not. Anyone else from around same level to share your thoughts?

TemplarX
06-01-2012, 08:55 AM
Well, because MW event just finished I decided to rest as it was quite tiring. In the evening when I was on the forum found out about the event. I got very excited although I was almost a day behind. Since then I've been attacking every single player on my level and doing pve as much as I can. But until the present I couldn't get a single box for my surprise. I thought level 23 would be ok but not. Anyone else from around same level to share your thoughts?
Yup, I am level 26 and I have had about 15 from pve (all monsters), but nilzh from pvp...even though I try attacking strong players with 30% more mafia than I. Seems like not many active players at low levels, few people are holding on to boxes available to be robbed.

SirMW
06-01-2012, 09:03 AM
Majority of mine are from PVP using the revenge after they attack me. I setup bait with some unvault gold like over 50K. Once the player attack me, I can monitor their progress through the day and see who have a high probability of holding a rune. In most cases, I have to attack 5 consecutive time before a rune would drop; unlike MV where a box could drop from the first to the third attack.
Now, if I can only get those rune open....been stuck at 4 for a while now.

The_Red
06-01-2012, 09:10 AM
Majority of mine are from PVP using the revenge after they attack me. I setup bait with some unvault gold like over 50K. Once the player attack me, I can monitor their progress through the day and see who have a high probability of holding a rune. In most cases, I have to attack 5 consecutive time before a rune would drop; unlike MV where a box could drop from the first to the third attack.
Now, if I can only get those rune open....been stuck at 4 for a while now.

Can you let us know your screen name so we can watch for your 50k unvaulted gold? ;) Id gladly trade some of my rune boxes for gold. ;)

deuce
06-01-2012, 09:52 AM
Majority of mine are from PVP using the revenge after they attack me. I setup bait with some unvault gold like over 50K. Once the player attack me, I can monitor their progress through the day and see who have a high probability of holding a rune.
I've gotten a half dozen rune boxes by simply killing harpies in the Highland Pass. That seems to be a much easier way to get rune boxes ... as opposed to establishing some "elaborate ruse".

SirMW
06-01-2012, 10:36 AM
Can you let us know your screen name so we can watch for your 50k unvaulted gold? ;) Id gladly trade some of my rune boxes for gold. ;)

Sorry red, I don't think we are even close in level. Beside, it's not that much $ over the vault so it's not worth it to attack me; it will all be gone pretty soon as I need to upgrade a high $ value building. If you want to see my base, send me an invite along with a PM of your screen name.

BLEED BLUE
06-01-2012, 12:14 PM
I'm getting them pretty easily. 14 gems 5 successful attempts (lowest free option).

I needed to update a building before I could attack the overgrown pyramid in the Jungle of Torments. While I was waiting for the upgrade, I went all the way back to Morogdar's Den to finish my level up to 5, attacking trolls resulted in 13 runeboxes / 4 successful opens.

Just beat the King Frog, got another runebox, successful open. 5 out of 14 all free and at the lowest option.

Unless Funzio is making this first event easy, I'm sure my successful open rate will slow down.

asdfg12345
06-01-2012, 12:20 PM
The boxes come pretty quickly for me. I get more of them than I can open per hour.

deuce
06-01-2012, 01:35 PM
The boxes come pretty quickly for me. I get more of them than I can open per hour.
Since you can only attempt one open an hour (taking the free route), that's not really all that hard to do.

Hobtuse
06-01-2012, 07:22 PM
Someone attacked me and lost but got a runebox out of it??

Dildog
06-02-2012, 05:01 AM
What rune boxes? Haven't seen or heard about it?

Ravanger
06-02-2012, 04:37 PM
I got 19 boxes and have tried to open with money 1100 each time and have not got a gem yet just should of keep the 22k in gold that I have spent just tring the free try's now hope I get one

Code#431-055-955

Njwmrb
06-02-2012, 07:12 PM
What rune boxes? Haven't seen or heard about it?

Update the app

Joie
06-02-2012, 07:39 PM
Got two air mages, 6gems and 12 runes that havent been opened yet, finding he isnt the issue

Joie
06-02-2012, 07:40 PM
Mine opens about every third try

Hondo
06-03-2012, 06:49 AM
I'm having no luck finding the boxes. I've found 1 in the past 24 hrs. Glad to see I'm not the only one though. I do the missions and attack, just bad luck I guess.

Great_wall2
06-03-2012, 08:42 AM
I'm having no luck finding the boxes. I've found 1 in the past 24 hrs. Glad to see I'm not the only one though. I do the missions and attack, just bad luck I guess.

Which monsters are you attacking? Generally the monsters that pay out gold at higher rates and are harder to kill have higher rune box drop rates per kill than low level monsters.

eternalfire
06-03-2012, 01:57 PM
Pvp is not working for me. I've done probably 30+ raids and maybe 5 direct attacks and no rune box. However out of the last 30 attacks on me, 2 of them went through and both stole a rune box from me? What the hell....?

edit: I'm level 40 btw if that makes any difference

The_Red
06-03-2012, 02:02 PM
Pvp is not working for me. I've done probably 30+ raids and maybe 5 direct attacks and no rune box. However out of the last 30 attacks on me, 2 of them went through and both stole a rune box from me? What the hell....?

PVE is the way to go. Ive got like 50 unopened boxes currently... they come much faster than you can open them.

eternalfire
06-03-2012, 02:07 PM
yeah i got 10 unopened boxes atm all from PVE, it just levels me too fast already got like 3 levels off getting boxes. Getting close to the danger zone with too low stats to defend vs the head starters :(

Freekizh
06-03-2012, 02:11 PM

You have to be selective when you PvP. Look for the event items in player inventory. Look for high monster PVE kills.

You have to hit them repeatedly - the 5 limit makes things hard.

eternalfire
06-03-2012, 02:17 PM
u can see the rune boxes in their profile? i dont see it o.o

Freekizh
06-03-2012, 02:20 PM
u can see the rune boxes in their profile? i dont see it o.o

No look for the prizes in their inventory. For example the 3rd gem prize mistress of torment in infantry section, or whatever the 3rd gem prize is for your level.

Tate
06-03-2012, 02:20 PM
Yeah, what freakish said! I just picked up 4 doing PvP but you have to be pretty sure they may have some.
Check to see if they have any of the units from the event. I find that if they have the 3rd unit there is a better chance to get one to drop.
However, in pve I'm not having much luck at all, even when going after higher maps..... I only have 400 energy ATM and blow thru that quite fast.
So far 6 gems, some valor about 6000 gold and 3! freakin grunts..... At lvl 30 now too when I started at 26 doh!

The_Red
06-03-2012, 02:26 PM
No look for the prizes in their inventory. For example the 3rd gem prize mistress of torment in infantry section, or whatever the 3rd gem prize is for your level.

I don't really get this... why do you need to look at their stats? If anyone is playing of a reasonable level - they'll pick up rune boxes by now and probably have some unopened.

eternalfire
06-03-2012, 02:38 PM
does raiding give you the same chances to steal boxes as direct attacks?

Freekizh
06-03-2012, 02:56 PM
I don't really get this... why do you need to look at their stats? If anyone is playing of a reasonable level - they'll pick up rune boxes by now and probably have some unopened.

Guys who are lower level dont have plentiful boxes as we do bud. Don't forget we have high xp maps bud. Also PvP is much lower xp than PVE, so for campers who don't want to level as much PvP is the best way. This has been my experience.

Also as the game progresses you will get a lot of dormant accounts who do not participate and so blind PvP is not always the best way.

The_Legend_Shall_Live_On
06-04-2012, 04:49 PM
PVE is the way to go. Ive got like 50 unopened boxes currently... they come much faster than you can open them.

If it is any help, I have the same luck in getting boxes at Lanibod's Crypt, hitting the zombies and whatnot, usually the one-hit kills are enough. And I still get ok loot from them, armor and weapons. :)

Hondo
06-04-2012, 05:42 PM
Which monsters are you attacking? Generally the monsters that pay out gold at higher rates and are harder to kill have higher rune box drop rates per kill than low level monsters.

I've been doing the missions in the graveyard today, and I'm having better luck finding the boxes. I appreciate the response.

custos
06-05-2012, 12:39 AM
If it is any help, I have the same luck in getting boxes at Lanibod's Crypt, hitting the zombies and whatnot, usually the one-hit kills are enough. And I still get ok loot from them, armor and weapons. :)

Yeah, me too. I've picked up about a dozen boxes there one-hitting monsters that are only about 2-5 XP each.