PDA

View Full Version : Speaking of cheats

tower
05-30-2012, 07:29 PM
So, everyone is complaining about cheaters.

Do you not think that requesting support to drop your henchmen, and asking support to change your name is not cheating as well?

It gives an unfair advantage that falls outside the rules of the game. I'm pretty sure that if the functionality is not in the game, it's not supposed to happen. Everyone should be able to perform this task, or no-one should.

I hunt people, there are some obviously weak players that have insane buildings and levels. If they, all of the sudden, disappear from my list...because they were renamed, I believe that is cheating.

If they, all of the sudden, disappear because they were able to rid themselves of something the game gave them, then that would be cheating as well.

Comparible events that would upset the people cheating like this? (NOT SAYING THEY WOULD DO THIS, IT'S FOR THE SAKE OF ARGUEMENT)
- email support to use gold to buy respect points or skill points (another one of my "Cheater" theories BTW)
- email support to throw you back a few levels because you leveled up too fast.

What's the difference?

You call get upset when someone takes advantage of a glitch, but don't get upset when someone gets an unfair advantage from support?

This is me playing devil's advocate and certainly spending TOO much time thinking about this game.

Euchred
05-30-2012, 07:35 PM
You make it sound like support will do anything you ask them to and they don't. I also get the feeling you don't fully understand how equipment works.

tower
05-30-2012, 07:38 PM
Probably not, but those were examples. I wasn't saying that WOULD do that, I'm saying "what if".

tower
05-30-2012, 07:40 PM
yea, I misunderstood the "up to 500" of each. So yes, that part I did not understand. Try to get past that and respond to the point of the whole thing.

Euchred
05-30-2012, 07:41 PM
Name change serves a purpose but some people do abuse it. Dropping henchmen is useful for a very select few poeple not a big deal.

Plumbernick9
05-30-2012, 07:42 PM
Yeah. They shouldnt do that.

mongorie
05-30-2012, 07:43 PM
Name changing doesnt affect your stats.
Dropping henchmen drops your stats.
Cheating and glitching however increases stats and money, huge difference here

nopenopenope
05-30-2012, 07:44 PM
Agreed. CCM reminds us frequently that the forum users represent <1% of active users so the number of people who know to contact support are minuscule.

tower
05-30-2012, 07:47 PM
Name changing doesnt affect your stats.
Dropping henchmen drops your stats.
Cheating and glitching however increases stats and money, huge difference here

Name changing keeps me from finding you. Dropping stats keeps me from finding you. Huge difference?

Euchred
05-30-2012, 07:49 PM
Dropping mafia is a strategy used so people don't find them don't see anyhing wrong with that.

Plumbernick9
05-30-2012, 07:56 PM
So is it really cheating or not?

Steve0
05-30-2012, 08:05 PM
I hope not I droped from 510 to 10 mafia

nopenopenope
05-30-2012, 08:06 PM
Funzio does it for you, so obviously not cheating. Their rules, we just play by 'em.

Steve0
05-30-2012, 08:10 PM
Funzio does it for you, so obviously not cheating. Their rules, we just play by 'em.

Yeah, Last week they deleted my henchmen and today they deleted my Ghost mafia.

Johnny70
05-30-2012, 08:23 PM
Name changing keeps me from finding you. Dropping stats keeps me from finding you. Huge difference? name changing does not in any way keep you from finding someone, not cheating... lowering your mafia to get away from someone... works when you are lower level doesnt work after level 140 or so again this is a game stratigy not cheating... money glitch, cheating. the first crate glitch, cheating. data hacking, cheating. beating on the same person just because you can, thats called being an @s* hole, but again not cheating. lowering your mafia because someone keeps messing with you? thats called the smartest thing you can do about it. coming on the forum and crying about not being able to find someone you were messing with because they lowered their mafia so you cant find them? refer to the answer to "beating on the same person because you can"

tower
05-30-2012, 08:36 PM
It hasn't happened to me, wouldn't care if it did. I just like arguements. :)

And yea, dropping mafia...using the game is not cheating...

Dropping henchmen (which I believe is the term used for the mafia you get from tasks and whatnot) is something that is only done by exception, by request, and for the purpose of having an advantage over the rest of the players...

Support does it, yes. Should they? No. The fact they fulfill the request does not mean it isn't a cheat.

I spend a lot of time looking for the people I want to rob. Refresh, search the list, refresh again, search the list. Changing the name WILL prevent me from finding you unless I happen to stumble on your profile again while searching for new prey.

nopenopenope
05-30-2012, 08:40 PM
Doesn't sound like arguing to me, just whining.

Gaming Will
05-30-2012, 08:50 PM
Dropping henchmen (which I believe is the term used for the mafia you get from tasks and whatnot) is something that is only done by exception, by request, and for the purpose of having an advantage over the rest of the players

Let's look at this from another perspective... Perhaps people dropped mafia to only have current forum folk in their mafia? Or they would rather have real mafia to visit for that $100?

Johnny70
05-30-2012, 08:52 PM
It hasn't happened to me, wouldn't care if it did. I just like arguements. :)

Dropping henchmen (which I believe is the term used for the mafia you get from tasks and whatnot) is something that is only done by exception, by request, and for the purpose of having an advantage over the rest of the players...

Support does it, yes. Should they? No. The fact they fulfill the request does not mean it isn't a cheat.

I spend a lot of time looking for the people I want to rob. Refresh, search the list, refresh again, search the list. Changing the name WILL prevent me from finding you unless I happen to stumble on your profile again while searching for new prey.
my points is this as far as the henchmen and ghost mafia go, anyone can request it, support will do it for anyone so therefore there is no advantage to anyone over anyone else period over. finding someone when they change their name? they cant change their level and its kind of hard to change your hood around with out hurting yourself economy wise it just isnt very hard to find someone. the rivals list doesnt change much or havent you noticed? so the new name with the same level is almost always the one your looking for and my final point is there is no more point to this thread lol

tower
05-30-2012, 08:53 PM
Doesn't sound like arguing to me, just whining.

Whining would sound like "Why are they doing this? I don't understand? I can't find anyone anymore! This is horrible"

What I said was "What if?"...this is all hypothetical, I haven't run across any of this as far as I know (aside from seeing a busload of Alex's every level).

G Wiz
05-30-2012, 08:56 PM
Name changing equals cheating now??

C'mon people rise above the foolishness!

tower
05-30-2012, 08:57 PM
my points is this as far as the henchmen and ghost mafia go, anyone can request it, support will do it for anyone so therefore there is no advantage to anyone over anyone else period over. finding someone when they change their name? they cant change their level and its kind of hard to change your hood around with out hurting yourself economy wise it just isnt very hard to find someone. the rivals list doesnt change much or havent you noticed? so the new name with the same level is almost always the one your looking for and my final point is there is no more point to this thread lol

The rivals list changes quite a bit actually. I started crawling levels a few weeks back so I could get some respect weapons. I can refresh the list probably 20 times without finding someone I'm looking for. I assume they've leveled up and move on and then find them a couple days later.

Again, if the previous comment of <1% of the people use support or forum, are the other 99.x% simply s***-out-of-luck because they don't know about this advantage they can request?

nopenopenope
05-30-2012, 08:58 PM
Yep, just like M4A1 drop locations.

Johnny70
05-30-2012, 08:59 PM
The rivals list changes quite a bit actually. I started crawling levels a few weeks back so I could get some respect weapons. I can refresh the list probably 20 times without finding someone I'm looking for. I assume they've leveled up and move on and then find them a couple days later.

Again, if the previous comment of <1% of the people use support or forum, are the other 99.x% simply s***-out-of-luck because they don't know about this advantage they can request?

they all have the same opportunity to join the forum dont they?

Johnny70
05-30-2012, 09:02 PM
exactly! hey nope did you read pm?

tower
05-30-2012, 09:02 PM

Another unfair advantage that people get to keep but was removed from the game. I'd imagine henchmen removal requests might fall into this category at some point. Probably not name changes.

Again, I really don't care, it just seemed like a good arguement to start.

tower
05-30-2012, 09:30 PM
name changing does not in any way keep you from finding someone, not cheating... lowering your mafia to get away from someone... works when you are lower level doesnt work after level 140 or so again this is a game stratigy not cheating... money glitch, cheating. the first crate glitch, cheating. data hacking, cheating. beating on the same person just because you can, thats called being an @s* hole, but again not cheating. lowering your mafia because someone keeps messing with you? thats called the smartest thing you can do about it. coming on the forum and crying about not being able to find someone you were messing with because they lowered their mafia so you cant find them? refer to the answer to "beating on the same person because you can"

Last comment and then I believe this thread has overstayed its welcome. Attacking a guy consistently, or trying to anyway, that pays me $450K when everyone else nets me maybe $10-20K isn't being an "@s* hole"...it's not even a choice at that point. If I didn't try to track this guy it would almost be irresponsible!

mongorie
05-30-2012, 09:37 PM
Name changing keeps me from finding you. Dropping stats keeps me from finding you. Huge difference?

Noone couldnt find Payam or Alfie when they changed names, you just didnt look hard enough

Nicholost
05-30-2012, 10:39 PM
What a lame thread. If Funzio performs the action, it isn't cheating. I'm amazed anyone could even try and make a connection otherwise. http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h257/nicklepics/nothing%20of%20use/Emoticons/facepalm.png

xclusiv
05-30-2012, 10:47 PM
things ive asked support which never happened:

give me final prize of lockbox event
reset my skill points
upgrade my nightclub to level 10
give me extra skill points
give me 1 billion dollars
give me gold.

all these demands were rejected by support in the past.

tower
05-30-2012, 11:35 PM
What a lame thread. If Funzio performs the action, it isn't cheating. I'm amazed anyone could even try and make a connection otherwise. http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h257/nicklepics/nothing%20of%20use/Emoticons/facepalm.png

Apparently finding a bug in the software, called a "glitch" here, and not reporting yourself for using it is cheating. And robbing a person that used a glitch, also apparently cheating.

I find that pretty funny too.

I also find it funny that everyone sticks their noses up at a player that managed more than 2 of a building and yet refer to a crate glitch as perfectly acceptable and lucky means of getting ahead.

I've seen players with 3+ buildings. I've seen players with large 10x10 buildings overlapping so two of them take a total of 10x14 amount of space. I've heard of players using a crate glitch. At one point the game let me build a defence building at the same time as a house...way in the early levels. I actually thought I progressed to some point in the game that allowed me to do that...until I tried it again. The other day the footprint (green/red indicator) of a building I was moving turned sideways...I could have overlapped one of my buildings partially, had it actually been a benefit. It made things worse so I restarted the game to place it properly.

So I'm curious, are all of these examples, minus the ones that benefit the forums members of course (sarcasm included), cheats or just lucky?