PDA

View Full Version : FAQs

Hassleham
05-30-2012, 03:54 PM
I'm building a knowledge base kind of thing on a different forum but i can't be bothered going through and finding all the FAQs myself.

if you want to help, please tell me some FAQs along with their answers, so that i can copy them into the new forum and we can start clearing up this mess.

Thank you :)

Hassleham
05-30-2012, 03:58 PM
I've already got these off JohnnyR's guide:

Q: Why does my rival at level 10 have a building even though it has a higher level requirement?
A: Funzio did not always place level requirements on buildings. Previously, players could build all or almost all buildings from level 1. It is believed that they put level requirements in order to prevent turtling or camping at low levels.

Q: Why do I keep losing money even though I put it all in the vault?
A: There are two ways a rival can take money from you, the "attack" and the "raid." These are two very different things, please do not interchange them. Attacking takes money directly from you, whatever cash on hand you have. This is the money the vault protects. Raiding on the other hand takes money from your money producing buildings. This money cannot be protected but by collecting your money in timely fashion.

Q: How do I get a guy to stop attacking me (any and all reasons)?
A: Assuming you cannot just buy units to make yourself stronger, there are a few ways out of this.
1) Level up, or let him level up-if you've not attacked him and he seems to be picking on you, try to level up-or stop your leveling up progress. Once you are a few levels away from him, you won't show up on his rival's list.
2) Attempt to ally him, allies cannot attack another ally. Find HIS ally number, either on his wall, or perhaps other rivals walls he has posted on. It is unlikely that he'll add a person that he likes attacking, so you must take initiative.
3) Friendly banter. If you've ever attacked him, you are on his newsfeed, and basically given him a key to directly visit your base whenever he feels like. These messages on his board through your friendly banter will eventually push your attack further down the his newsfeed until disappearing. Do not spam.

Q: Why do I lose to a weaker or evenly matched rival?
A: There are many reasons.
-Number one reason is that boost buildings and perhaps nation bonus are not included in stats that you see when visiting his profile. Boost buildings add a potential 20% to attack, and nation bonuses add 10%. Conceivably the stats you see can be 30% less than what he actually has.
-Reason number 2, his skill points are higher than your attack points. Skill points influence the chances of battle outcomes, the higher your attack, the more chance you will win, the higher your opponent's defense, the higher chance he'll repel your attack.

Q: Why am I being attacked by a person 5, 10, 20 or more levels above me?
A: It is possible that you attacked his base and that you are on his newsfeed. If you are on his newsfeed, you could be 100 or even more levels away and he can still find and attack you. This is one of the reasons to pick your battles wisely, don't be attacking anyone you'll regret coming back to get you.

If you can help me by adding to them then please let me know.