PDA

View Full Version : Base defence

Tctiger
05-30-2012, 03:51 PM
What's your defence building strategy ? I have protected the big money buildings well and have very low defence on my boost buildings , I think this is a good strategy below 100 but higher levels do you need boost buildings with a good defence at least the sea ones if you are uk ect and comp factory? Don't take the forum to seriously and don't be to silly too . It doesn't have to be a modern war on the forum too !!

Warfiend
05-30-2012, 03:59 PM
I heavily guard my most critical boost buildings and lightly guard everything else. It's worked so far.

Tctiger
05-30-2012, 04:06 PM
Interesting the opposite to me , what level and stats do you have?

Warfiend
05-30-2012, 04:09 PM
I'm level 33 3554 attack 5057 defense, 40 allies.

Q Raider
05-30-2012, 04:21 PM
I protect my boost buildings more heavily than the others because of my in game strategies.

As for my income buildings, their main protection is they are relatively unnatractive in terms of "risk/reward" as people raiding might win the raid but lose more units than the dollars they get cover.

Had a full Gold player go through and ransack the entire base a while ago, but that is (currently) a rarity.

Tctiger
05-30-2012, 04:52 PM
I guess a gold player with slightly lower stats could raid comp factory and lower your defence by 20% then raid money buildings , is that how it works? And if they raid the other boost buildings that reduces your stats? Does this happen enough for you to protect the boost buildings more than money buildings ? I wonder what most players protect.

Q Raider
05-30-2012, 05:22 PM
Anyone can raid, not just Gold players. He was just the only one who has chosen to do a complete ransack of the base thus far.

I remember now he actually did lose the first attack so possible he got peeved, upgraded and then came back to vent his spleen...:rolleyes:

Raiding the defence structures to lower defence stats is a strategy used by some. Only did it once thus far myself and that was just to see if the battle points were affected (they were) hence I concluded that defence stats have a direct relationship to battle points.

Mad
05-30-2012, 06:27 PM
I have almost every defensive building for my level. I have a bunch guarding my boost buildings and the rest scattered around my base. I even try to have defensive building covering each other if possible.

I noticed everytime I add a defensive building my defense score goes up significantly, as compared to adding a unit. I find the units add only the difference between what they are booting off my top defensive list -- i.e based on 22 allies, my top 88 defensive units are incorporated in a battle. So if I add a unit with a defensive score of 16, it replaces the lowest defensive unit in my list of 88 units. If the lowest defensive unit has a defence of 11, then my overall defense only increase by the difference of the two which is 5.

However, when I add a defensive building its full defensive strength is added to my overall defence score. The defensive buildings are not only cheaper than units, but usually have a higher defensive rating than what I can buy via units. And though defensive units can be damaged, they can't be destroyed -- a freeman's version of a gold unit.

Now some say the full defensive score of the buildings is not actually incorporated into your overall defensive score -- even though my defense score increases by the full amount. I really don't know. I am not sure if there is a clear answer here.

I think in terms of raids, they don't offer any more defensive strength as that has already been incorporated in your overall defensive score, but if a guy attacks a building covered by a defensive unit, their value is more in the damage they inflict on the guy raiding you. He may even win the raid, but if you take out one or two of his units in the process, he may feel like he lost, even though he won.

When I raid, I avoid money buildings with defensive buildings around them, because I have noticed even though I may have a higher attack than his defense and may even win the raid, I often lose units in the attack.

Since I have been adding defensive buildings I win most of the raids and attacks when I am attacked. And when I lose the odd time, I notice the guy doesn't hit me again. That tells me he took more losses than what he gained, because I know when I attack and win without significant unit losses, I will hit the guy repeatedly.

I may be all wrong on this, but that is how I think it works.

Warfiend
05-30-2012, 06:44 PM
I guess a gold player with slightly lower stats could raid comp factory and lower your defence by 20% then raid money buildings , is that how it works? And if they raid the other boost buildings that reduces your stats?

That's exactly how it can work. It's never happened to me, I have yet to be successfully raided or attacked, but I've done it to people and I'm not a gold player. I get raid attempts periodically and they almost always occur when I don't have any big money buildings ready but do have several million cash on hand so I assume they're trying to make a run at my boost. I collect the big ones regularly so no one really gets a shot at them.

chiu
05-30-2012, 09:00 PM
Imo, defense buildings are pretty useless. If a person wants to destroy you, he's going to destroy you. The only stat that people consider before attacking is alliance defense. So, if i were you i would beef up on units like military ambulance and sea scouts to make the opponent do a double take before attacking or prevent the attack altogether