PDA

View Full Version : It is a Valor Economy

andypandy2
05-30-2012, 02:30 PM
With the new ranking system and rank-based units, the eventual economy will switch from a cash one to a valor based economy. Since much stronger units can be purchased for valor than cash, cash will lose some of it's value as a game currency. There is nothing else to buy with it. Why would you build money buildings to get more... cash? The only purpose of cash is to build boost buildings, making the units you buy with valor even stronger. After you maximize your boost, then cash is basically worthless.

Obviously, this is a mid-game concern, not a starter strategy.

Lt. Falcon
05-30-2012, 02:53 PM
It would be a lot easier to replace cash units than valor units though, unless you have the no casualty glitch I have read so much about and personally envy. I have lost countless valor units when raiding and attacking and yesterday lost a hardened marine after being raided!

I think Funzio should offer more cash units in their next update and fill in the gaps for the unit building levels. For example level 3, 4 & 5 Advanced Airbase doesn't offer any new units, you have to wait to 6 to get the Apache.

But, yes this is definately a mid game changer.

Sia
05-30-2012, 03:02 PM
I agree that valor is more important now but remember the minimum number of casualties are independent of strength or eventually you loose unit. You need to have at least 100 meat shield units to absorb the impact and loose less valor units. Therefore to save more super hornets I need more strike air units to go with it in battle and that is possibly a viper or B-52 or a pavlov ...
To replace those you need a good cash flow in events. Basically if you do 2000 pvp's and say you loose1 unit 25% of the attacks ( optimistic) you eed to replace 500 units in a matter of 3 days which cost minimum 13 million if you replace a simple flamethrower ( my case of meat shield) or it would cost 130 million if it is a mid 120k unit like a jet.

You see unless you are very strong in order to keep your valor units intact or have minimal damage and continue gathering valor you need a good cash flow to continue in a harsh pvp environment and if not so gradually you will lose attack and defense power and as it goes by you loose more important units till the moment of ultimate despair.

Hope this makes sense

Bronson
05-30-2012, 03:04 PM
Only problem with Valor is that once you hit the top lvls and you need to hit guys with 500 allies over X number of times you will lose more than you gain, as posted by members like JMC.

Also yesterday I bought 30 HM and lost 2 of them on the same day after no more than 40 attacks then today I lost a SF from being raided and I won the raid!!!

For me Valor seems like its just padding for the stats as their loses are to frequent and I have plenty of meatshields so that's not the problem.

Bronson
05-30-2012, 03:06 PM
I agree that valor is more important now but remember the minimum number of casualties are independent of strength or eventually you loose unit. You need to have at least 100 meat shield units to absorb the impact and loose less valor units. Therefore to save more super hornets I need more strike air units to go with it in battle and that is possibly a viper or B-52 or a pavlov ...
To replace those you need a good cash flow in events. Basically if you do 2000 pvp's and say you loose1 unit 25% of the attacks ( optimistic) you eed to replace 500 units in a matter of 3 days which cost minimum 13 million if you replace a simple flamethrower ( my case of meat shield) or it would cost 130 million if it is a mid 120k unit like a jet.

You see unless you are very strong in order to keep your valor units intact or have minimal damage and continue gathering valor you need a good cash flow to continue in a harsh pvp environment and if not so gradually you will lose attack and defense power and as it goes by you loose more important units till the moment of ultimate despair.

Hope this makes sense

That's a very good post!!!

Sia
05-30-2012, 03:09 PM
Only problem with Valor is that once you hit the top lvls and you need to hit guys with 500 allies over X number of times you will lose more than you gain, as posted by members like JMC.

Also yesterday I bought 30 HM and lost 2 of them on the same day after no more than 40 attacks then today I lost a SF from being raided and I won the raid!!!

For me Valor seems like its just padding for the stats as their loses are to frequent and I have plenty of meatshields so that's not the problem.

Bronson, what flag are you? On meat shield one should make sure sufficient number of them go into battle, in other words as your power increases so does the requirement on you meat shield.

Also I noticed only with those opponents that have anti-air units I specifically loose SH and meat shield has no good effect.

Bronson
05-30-2012, 03:25 PM
Bronson, what flag are you? On meat shield one should make sure sufficient number of them go into battle, in other words as your power increases so does the requirement on you meat shield.

Also I noticed only with those opponents that have anti-air units I specifically loose SH and meat shield has no good effect.

I'm UK and only have around 40 SH so hardly lose them. My meatshields ain't a problem I have plenty as I have recently increased my ally numbers but still lose a Valor every 10 attacks and I would say I have less than 300 Valor units in my army.

Q Raider
05-30-2012, 04:12 PM
Agree with the importance of Valor within the game, particularly as the number of units available has increased.

Regarding protecting them and meatshields I am noticing that you really need to consider shields for each of the different unit types.

I was losing the EAD too often for my liking and had started phasing them out but noticed the loss rate lower again during the event. At first I thought they had dropped the casualty rate but now not so sure. I have accrued a few defensive cannons from the spy plan event and they appear to be shielding my EAD's.

My SF have the lowest loss rate of any of my Valor units, they also have the best set of shields. The loot item "Shipyard destroyer" takes the brunt of the losses here.

Next is SH, using A10 Warthogs and also lose the loot item "Heavy Bomber", though I thought I had plenty of Warthogs (70) I still lose the more expensive Spectre Gunship a bit too often so think I need to probably up the top end of my units, drop the gunship out and put in more of the cheaper Warthogs.

EAD only thing that looks to be protecting those now is the loot items Defensive Cannon and Mountain Citadel tank. Stopped losing Leopard tanks when these two came along as well.

HM I currently have Flamethrower Soldier as main shield. This could be interesting as I have started picking up a few Venal Fighters and they have stronger stats than the HM. Not sure if effectively pushing the HM closer to the "frontline" will result in higher losses or not.

andypandy2
05-30-2012, 05:23 PM
I only have 47 alliance members. All grunts except one nice guy that asked to be part of my team! I don't see many casualties. Why would I want more alliance members? Wouldn't that expose me to more casualties?

Poopenshire
05-30-2012, 05:30 PM
The problem I have here is that with such recently very high casualty rates for valor I think this might be a balancing act by the deva to wen the game out. Too many players are valor dependent for their stats and cannot maintain that with the valor costs going up and missions topping off. In the shark tank there is no way a valor player can maintain their stats on valor alone. I really feel this is a very planned out balancing effort.

andymac106
05-30-2012, 05:43 PM
The problem I have here is that with such recently very high casualty rates for valor I think this might be a balancing act by the deva to wen the game out. Too many players are valor dependent for their stats and cannot maintain that with the valor costs going up and missions topping off. In the shark tank there is no way a valor player can maintain their stats on valor alone. I really feel this is a very planned out balancing effort.

Im at that point where im starting to have to rely on cash units now because I cannot keep a steady stream of valor coming in

Q Raider
05-30-2012, 05:49 PM
I found as soon as I went beyond 40% of Valor as my attack strength the losses at least doubled.

Dropped back under that figure and am back to my "normal" loss rates.

Got hit by someone this morning, checked their stats, they are running at over 75% Valor for both attack and defence. No way could I achieve that level for very long. Think they have the low loss glitch, always find it odd to see an attack strength way above the defence strength.

Poopenshire
05-30-2012, 05:54 PM
See this why I am building a defense from scratch. Ambulances for def meat shields, mine launchers for def boost, misc units for filler. Soon I hope to have stealth drones for a boost as well. I have my composite factory at level 4, want that maxed ASAP. My def score is over 40k finally. It I want that much higher. Going to push to carriers. In a few weeks to make it.

John Snow
05-30-2012, 05:55 PM
Does anyone have a high level infirmary? Are you experiencing noticeably lower loss rates?

Poopenshire
05-30-2012, 05:57 PM
Level 4 w/ black shark for a 10% drop. Not really seeing anything yet. I am hoping soon.

JohnnyR
05-30-2012, 06:41 PM
Valor is harder to replace than cash, so by default valor is "worth" more, but I don't think that reflects on actual value. Meatshields need constant replacement, defense buildings and boosts all require cash. Relating to currencies of the pasr, valor is to gold as cash is to silver it seems, loose easy money buying day to day items with the rarer currency being stockpiled away and spent with great care.

Currently I have 200 SH versus 800 meatshields out of my 1200 units, and since posting my 100,000 valor point accomplishment I've gained 60,000 more while maintaining same units. Strategy seems to work, hardly lose SHs, but I can still lose 3 to one person....and then go 100+ raids/attacks without losing one.

andypandy2
05-30-2012, 08:36 PM
Why would you have so many allies that you needed 800 meat shields?

Q Raider
05-30-2012, 08:37 PM
Just went to above 40% again for a test.

24 Attacks and 3 raids.

2 SH
1 EAD
1 Elite Heli

Based on that little exercise I think I will stick with my under 40% plan for now......

Q Raider
05-30-2012, 08:41 PM

Check out JohnnyR's level in his tag at the bottom of each post. He is at level 108.

I am currently 12 levels behind him with 120 less allies but I am running to a plan I put in place when I started the game. By the time I hit his level I expect to have around 200 allies however that could change depending on what I find as I go onwards and upwards.

Poopenshire
05-30-2012, 08:44 PM
At my level, 93, I need as high a def value as possible. I balance that with not maxing out. Currently that is 400 allies. My def is over 40k. It's not the highest, but I don't get attacked very often. Because my meat shield for defense has a def value of 18, my base def is higher than one based on lower value units. Because they are so cheap I can reach them in no time. Since I have so many they also die before higher value ones most of the time.

JohnnyR
05-30-2012, 10:51 PM

As of now my base is set up to be a valor collecting machine. The more allies I have, the more rivals I can hit. I need every ally I can find so I can complete valor goals that require victories against rivals with a certain number of allies, right now I'm looking for rivals with 430 allies. Every bit of cash is being used to upgrade boost buildings and buy meatshields so I can go run down some rivals for valor. Some people build up income per hour, some build their attack/defense stats, some build their win/loss ratio....I'm collecting valor. The ONLY thing I lose about 99% of the time is either sniper or warthog, and thats because I have so many. The SH are there to provide muscle beneath the fat that absorbs the blows.

What?
05-31-2012, 12:49 AM
I agree Funzio needs to add more high end cash units. They should shift some units in the advanced airbase and dry docks and add stronger units. Move for example the stealth bomber to lvl 5 and have 6-8 with stronger units. They can double up on some of the other units and buildings and add other to the rest of the buildings as well. That way they can offset some of the effects of huge gold and valor armies.

cheiz
05-31-2012, 06:41 AM
At my level, 93, I need as high a def value as possible. I balance that with not maxing out. Currently that is 400 allies. My def is over 40k. It's not the highest, but I don't get attacked very often. Because my meat shield for defense has a def value of 18, my base def is higher than one based on lower value units. Because they are so cheap I can reach them in no time. Since I have so many they also die before higher value ones most of the time.

Thanks for the very useful info guys! Poopenshire, what units would you recommend as meatshield?

Poopenshire
05-31-2012, 07:32 AM
Thanks for the very useful info guys! Poopenshire, what units would you recommend as meatshield?

for defense i swear by the Military Ambulance. I bought 850 they have great def score and they are cheap. A-10's, Flame throwers, Heavy Gunners, Submarines, and Bradleys. I try to pick anything below $100,000 grand a unit but give me the > 5 att score. someday I will have to increase this, but with my current economy they do well. My att score is >35k so these guys are still ok to use. my def score is >40K so I have to use the ambulances as all others are just not high enough scores and would bring me down.

Edit: Pretty much all Infantry under $100,000 will be my meat shields at a given time. Amphibious troopers are almost too low of an attack for my anymore as well as flame thrower and heavy gunner. my next purchase will be lots of seals and commandos. in 2 days i can buy >100 of each so they are expandable.

overkill 280
05-31-2012, 08:10 AM
for defense i swear by the Military Ambulance. I bought 850 they have great def score and they are cheap. A-10's, Flame throwers, Heavy Gunners, Submarines, and Bradleys. I try to pick anything below $100,000 grand a unit but give me the > 5 att score. someday I will have to increase this, but with my current economy they do well. My att score is >35k so these guys are still ok to use. my def score is >40K so I have to use the ambulances as all others are just not high enough scores and would bring me down.

Edit: Pretty much all Infantry under $100,000 will be my meat shields at a given time. Amphibious troopers are almost too low of an attack for my anymore as well as flame thrower and heavy gunner. my next purchase will be lots of seals and commandos. in 2 days i can buy >100 of each so they are expandable.How come when I buy a Ambulance my def stats don't go up? Do I not have enough allies? I currently have 31 allies and 62 ambulances.

Poopenshire
05-31-2012, 08:20 AM
How come when I buy a Ambulance my def stats don't go up? Do I not have enough allies? I currently have 31 allies and 62 ambulances.

without looking at your inventor its probaby what you said plus the units you already have that are higher. I have 400 allies so I bring 1600 units to battle at all times. i want my best meat shield to be a large portion of that and in this case i have 850 military ambulances. all my other defense units are >18 defense so no matter what if i had all ambulances i would have a 28,800 defense not counting bonus % from boost. I have added more Ambulances and the do not increase my scores becuase they do not come to battle. in this case I am buying higher def score units like mine-launchers and global stealth drones to bring up my base score.

from an attack stank point its the same but since my score is lower my meat shields have lower attack scores.

overkill 280
05-31-2012, 08:25 AM
without looking at your inventor its probaby what you said plus the units you already have that are higher. I have 400 allies so I bring 1600 units to battle at all times. i want my best meat shield to be a large portion of that and in this case i have 850 military ambulances. all my other defense units are >18 defense so no matter what if i had all ambulances i would have a 28,800 defense not counting bonus % from boost. I have added more Ambulances and the do not increase my scores becuase they do not come to battle. in this case I am buying higher def score units like mine-launchers and global stealth drones to bring up my base score.

from an attack stank point its the same but since my score is lower my meat shields have lower attack scores.So another words I gotta just buy my highest stat def unit, to have my stats go up. as well for my att?

Poopenshire
05-31-2012, 08:30 AM
So another words I gotta just buy my highest stat def unit, to have my stats go up. as well for my att?

You might right. since you only have 31 allies thats only 124 units. what ever your lowest of the 24 if in both Def and Att will be the minimum you need to buy. adding allies will yes bring more units and increase your scores, but expose you to more attacks in general.

overkill 280
05-31-2012, 08:37 AM
You might right. since you only have 31 allies thats only 124 units. what ever your lowest of the 24 if in both Def and Att will be the minimum you need to buy. adding allies will yes bring more units and increase your scores, but expose you to more attacks in general.Yeah i don't want to up my allies much, if at all. You should come take a look at my units, and let me know what you think.

Poopenshire
05-31-2012, 08:45 AM
overkill i don't think i have you yet in my list. I thought I did but i can't find you.

overkill 280
05-31-2012, 08:51 AM
overkill i don't think i have you yet in my list. I thought I did but i can't find you.Your MW name is the same right? cause I see you on mine. But I only have 32 to go thru as well :p

overkill 280
05-31-2012, 09:04 AM
Currently I'm losing flame throwers on attacks. If I were to not have any of them, would I then lose say snipers instead? Which would be cheaper to replace.

Poopenshire
05-31-2012, 09:06 AM
snipers are cheaper, but lower stats, but then again with your low counts they are pretty much the same. stilll looking at my list

Poopenshire
05-31-2012, 09:11 AM
Your MW name is the same right? cause I see you on mine. But I only have 32 to go thru as well :p

pm me your number i think i have list problems i cannot find you. might have to re add

azy
05-31-2012, 09:17 AM
It's definitely a valor economy in the short run, which is why I've stopped upgrading my money buildings in favor of boost.

That said, it's true that at the higher levels one eventually runs out of affordable means of acquiring valor. You end up having to win 70, 80, 90 attacks to get 2,000 valor through missions.

Clearly stronger, more expensive cash units are needed. This will get interesting for a couple of reasons:
- Those units will quickly exceed $10M, the size of the vault (the most expensive unit currently is $8M)
- At the higher level, there is no protection from whales. Once you reach level ~110, you can be seen by levels 200 with attack rating of 200K+. So you'll be stuck with high-cost transactions for saving money: leave uncollected at 60% discount, buy/sell trees at 50% discount.

I'm not sure that sort of economy is scalable.

Poopenshire
05-31-2012, 09:36 AM
Overkill, your unit density is 25.3 on defense. you won't see any change to your score unless you add units with a defense score higher than that. you need either much higher units or to start adding allies. As for attack your density if 22.5. Here you would have to add above that score to see any change. But also for both this is an average density, so as with all units above and below this average you will bring units below this number to battle simply becuase you have some much higher. to really calculate an impact you would need to make a spreadsheet with all units and rank them based on scores to see who really comes to battle.

your biggest impact will be adding more allies and then buying units of higher score to battle with.

JohnnyR
05-31-2012, 11:16 AM
Poop, I might be mistaken, but it's not the density number, but the lowest unit stats that he needs to find out. If he can bring in 100 defensive units, 50 at 30 defense and 50 at 60 defense, his density is 45, but all he needs to do is buy a unit with defense stat of 31 to increase his total defense.

Poopenshire
05-31-2012, 11:26 AM
Poop, I might be mistaken, but it's not the density number, but the lowest unit stats that he needs to find out. If he can bring in 100 defensive units, 50 at 30 defense and 50 at 60 defense, his density is 45, but all he needs to do is buy a unit with defense stat of 31 to increase his total defense.

Your right JohnnyR to the fact it is the lowest stat, but with out a detailed breakdown of Overkill's units we won't know what, since he has many units of varying strength we have to make some quick calculations until a detailed spreadsheet is available. Using the density gives you a fast and easy number to work with. Its only as a guide, but it will give you what you need for maximum effect.

Sia
05-31-2012, 12:36 PM
It's definitely a valor economy in the short run, which is why I've stopped upgrading my money buildings in favor of boost.

That said, it's true that at the higher levels one eventually runs out of affordable means of acquiring valor. You end up having to win 70, 80, 90 attacks to get 2,000 valor through missions.

Clearly stronger, more expensive cash units are needed. This will get interesting for a couple of reasons:
- Those units will quickly exceed $10M, the size of the vault (the most expensive unit currently is $8M)
- At the higher level, there is no protection from whales. Once you reach level ~110, you can be seen by levels 200 with attack rating of 200K+. So you'll be stuck with high-cost transactions for saving money: leave uncollected at 60% discount, buy/sell trees at 50% discount.

I'm not sure that sort of economy is scalable.

It is not that bad! I am level 163 with 80k attack and defense and I am having a good time with other whales. We splash water but we are friendly! Bigger Sharks attack once in a while but it's ok no worries!

Fifth Reich
05-31-2012, 12:41 PM

For me Valor seems like its just padding for the stats as their loses are to frequent and I have plenty of meatshields so that's not the problem. The only reason valor dies fast is because you have more.

Poopenshire
05-31-2012, 12:59 PM
It is not that bad! I am level 163 with 80k attack and defense and I am having a good time with other whales. We splash water but we are friendly! Bigger Sharks attack once in a while but it's ok no worries!
I hopes there is room up there for some of us senior forum members who are building up armies. I know a few of us are looking for some good fights.

Arizona
05-31-2012, 01:15 PM
Your right JohnnyR to the fact it is the lowest stat, but with out a detailed breakdown of Overkill's units we won't know what, since he has many units of varying strength we have to make some quick calculations until a detailed spreadsheet is available. Using the density gives you a fast and easy number to work with. Its only as a guide, but it will give you what you need for maximum effect.

I made up my own spreadsheet to list all my units and separated them into the four unit types. It includes Attack and Defence numbers. All I do is after it's updated, I sort it to show highest A or D numbers; scroll down the list until I get to my unit number for ally count, and it shows me what my last units being brought to a fight are.
It works for me, the only downside is the first time I used it, there was a lot of manual input. I tried to update it each day when there's a change in my unit numbers but it was too much hard work, so I update it sometime over the weekend.

War player
05-31-2012, 01:59 PM
In my last 1,000 attacks, I have lost 350 super hornets. I had 900 of those suckers, and now am down to 550. I stopped collecting them, and now are on the expert attack drones and the Elite ops helicopter. I still lose those, but not nearly as many as I lose super hornets.

My attack/defense stats have been reduced by about 5,000 during this attempt in moving up the PvP rankings.

I'm pretty much going to increase my stats now by only cash units. I can't earn enough valor to make up for the losses. At the place I currently am sitting, I have to defeat over 40 players to gain 2,000 valor points. I lose more than 2,000 valor units before I complete the valor missions.

I will probably stop playing this game. Just waiting for cash to build and buying units is not alot of fun.

andypandy2
05-31-2012, 02:39 PM
Whoa! I'm starting to think that I'll continue to build up my money buildings along with the boost buildings. I'm only level 62, so I still have a long way to catch up to some of you guys.

overkill 280
05-31-2012, 02:47 PM
Whoa! I'm starting to think that I'll continue to build up my money buildings along with the boost buildings. I'm only level 62, so I still have a long way to catch up to some of you guys.What's your hourly income at andy?

Bronson
05-31-2012, 02:54 PM
The only reason valor dies fast is because you have more.

I have under 300 Valor units and take 868 units to battle which is roughly 33% of my army is that really to much??

JohnnyR
05-31-2012, 03:15 PM
In my last 1,000 attacks, I have lost 350 super hornets. I had 900 of those suckers, and now am down to 550. I stopped collecting them, and now are on the expert attack drones and the Elite ops helicopter. I still lose those, but not nearly as many as I lose super hornets.

My attack/defense stats have been reduced by about 5,000 during this attempt in moving up the PvP rankings.

I'm pretty much going to increase my stats now by only cash units. I can't earn enough valor to make up for the losses. At the place I currently am sitting, I have to defeat over 40 players to gain 2,000 valor points. I lose more than 2,000 valor units before I complete the valor missions.

I will probably stop playing this game. Just waiting for cash to build and buying units is not alot of fun.

This:

The only reason valor dies fast is because you have more.

My stats are pitiful compared to some of you guys, but at 2:8 ratio in valor to meatshield I lose at most 10-15 SH per thousand attacks. Stockpile of valor is building and once I hit SpecOps I'll grab 100 of those jets, and sprinkle valor around the other units till I meet that ratio again.

andypandy2
05-31-2012, 04:03 PM
Overkill,
I'm at 240K/hour.

Q Raider
05-31-2012, 04:16 PM
I have under 300 Valor units and take 868 units to battle which is roughly 33% of my army is that really to much??

I found that if my Valor attack exceeds 40% of my total raw attack strength then my losses more than doubled. Drop back and the problem went away, went up again for a test and lost 7000 Valor in just over 20 attacks against the same group I had none from just prior to the test.

JohnnyR looks to have a top solution running with his 20% Valor units actually involved in the attack. I am currently running at 26% so think will look at reducing that and see what happens.

Waiting for that casualty reduction jet to arrive so I can go test it out on a few people in my feed whom I am pretty sure have the casualty glitch. I cannot fathom how you can run with over 75% of your units and attack strength coming from Valor and keep up with the loss rates without it.

Sia
05-31-2012, 04:23 PM
I found that if my Valor attack exceeds 40% of my total raw attack strength then my losses more than doubled. Drop back and the problem went away, went up again for a test and lost 7000 Valor in just over 20 attacks against the same group I had none from just prior to the test.

JohnnyR looks to have a top solution running with his 20% Valor units actually involved in the attack. I am currently running at 26% so think will look at reducing that and see what happens.

Waiting for that casualty reduction jet to arrive so I can go test it out on a few people in my feed whom I am pretty sure have the casualty glitch. I cannot fathom how you can run with over 75% of your units and attack strength coming from Valor and keep up with the loss rates without it.

You can not, valor army is unsustainable. The unit that give 40% more valor helped but you can not Depend on valor to win battles all time. I need to choose opponents wisely or I can not keep 550 SH, 100 drone, 60 Elite Heli and 300 Stealth ship intact. Still it is almost 50% of my army and 20% gold and 30% cash and I loose a lot.

Every stamina of 34 I get almost 500 valor and every 105 attacks 2000 so in 105 attacks I can only afford to loose 3500 valor which is impossible if I don't choose weak opponents in the whale territory I am. The solution is either introducing better cash alternatives and growing good economy or buying gold units every month and reducing the impact of valor units.

This is exactly what Funzio is up to and I doubt they introduce better cash units. They want us hooked up to strong army and then buy gold units which makes sense.

If someone tastes the benefit and pleasure of strong army he never wants to go back and that is the marketing scheme they are following.

Q Raider
05-31-2012, 04:27 PM
Or finding out how to get the casualty glitch....:p

Now wouldn't that be an event prize worth chasing....

Sia
05-31-2012, 04:31 PM
Or finding out how to get the casualty glitch....:p

Now wouldn't that be an event prize worth chasing....

Indeed, but seriously is there a casualty glitch. I can hardly believe there is. If there is can you explain how it is and in what condition people see no casualties?

Q Raider
05-31-2012, 05:22 PM
There is a "fix the casualty glitch thread" here somewhere where people have stated they never lose a unit. I had one guy on my feed a few weeks who said he lost A Valor unit in around 1000 attacks.

Here are details from two on my current feed who I believe have it.

Valor units coming into attack 86% (753 of 880)
Valor Raw Attack 82% (21727 of 26627)
Valor Raw Defence 80% (20847 of 26009)

Second one
Valor units coming into attack 79% (633 of 776)
Valor Raw Attack 79% (21804 of 27608)
Valor Raw Defence 79% (17977 of 22807)

boardgames rule
05-31-2012, 05:32 PM
Problaly the best thing to do is save your valor. Then later on just buy 20 or so of every valor unit. This makes it so that you dont lose a ton of one. Then buy alot of the good ones SH SF SE and HM, EAD and others. Also keep as much as possible your valor units below 50% of what you take to battle.

Sia
05-31-2012, 09:26 PM
There is a "fix the casualty glitch thread" here somewhere where people have stated they never lose a unit. I had one guy on my feed a few weeks who said he lost A Valor unit in around 1000 attacks.

Here are details from two on my current feed who I believe have it.

Valor units coming into attack 86% (753 of 880)
Valor Raw Attack 82% (21727 of 26627)
Valor Raw Defence 80% (20847 of 26009)

Second one
Valor units coming into attack 79% (633 of 776)
Valor Raw Attack 79% (21804 of 27608)
Valor Raw Defence 79% (17977 of 22807)

Thanks will go and find that thread. I had 650+ SH and saw the casualty rate increase dramatically. I let it drop till 550 and now I get a rate that I can bear the loss. I agree with lower than 50% but that requires a lot of gold purchase.

JohnnyR
05-31-2012, 11:31 PM
Last SH I lost I decided to keep tabs on the frequency of them being killed, so I recorded my number of battles and raids till I lost the next one. Took 103 fights and 6 raids, 109 combined chances to lose 1 SH with the 8:2 meatshield/valor ratio. In addition, I am up 10,020 valor points. This strategy should be viable so long as the valor missions are being pumped in, which they should be with most of us. Force Degradation and Total War each net me 2200/2300 valor at the moment.

JMC
06-01-2012, 01:16 PM
Last SH I lost I decided to keep tabs on the frequency of them being killed, so I recorded my number of battles and raids till I lost the next one. Took 103 fights and 6 raids, 109 combined chances to lose 1 SH with the 8:2 meatshield/valor ratio. In addition, I am up 10,020 valor points. This strategy should be viable so long as the valor missions are being pumped in, which they should be with most of us. Force Degradation and Total War each net me 2200/2300 valor at the moment.

At those valor missions you can take in tons of valor even on a bad casualty rate. Once you get to the final force degradation grinds, your valor income will drop dramatically.

On a relaxed day i perform around 300 attacks. At the valor payouts that you receive at those levels, i could get about 55000 valor per day off the missions and about 3000 off the attacks themselves.

Now my missions take 98 hits to complete. Valor income per day drops to about 9000.
You will reach these missions soon, which you will also be unable to complete unless you can see the players with enough allies. Given by your ability to actually have 800 weak units in your army, i'm going to guess your stats are fairly low. You gotta get ready for what comes after.

andypandy2
06-01-2012, 09:41 PM
Why don't you guys ever mention your alliance level in your sigs? Without that, isn't this conversation out of context? Does everyone just assume max alliance? Why?

Arizona
06-06-2012, 05:03 AM
Is the idea of a Valor economy now dead? My thinking is there's a finite amount of valor missions.
I saw a post on here recently where the poster was complaining of running out of missions and what can he do next to replace those lost units. I think people will always turn to cash/gold.
As for the new valor units; assuming you're saving all your valor for the Elite Ops Jet Fighter, sometime between now and the Special Ops rank, you're going to have to forego valor in favour of cash/gold.
And when the last of those prized jets spirals downward in a ball of fire, then what? No more valor. Or are you going to resort to picking up few valor points attacking and raiding. That would be uneconomical considering how many units you'd lose.
For a free player like myself, I'll never get enough valor for the amount of units I want. I'll always turn to cash.