PDA

View Full Version : Time to figure out effects of attack points

Inzaghi
05-30-2012, 12:37 PM
Everyone on the 500 list, take down your current attack point before blackwidow shotgun is given. Then do nothing until it's given and take down the new one. Definitely we need to consider the shot gun itself. So if your mafia is fully equipped with guns, find the used one with lowest attack. The difference can be deducted then.

Everyone can post it in this thread the attack points before/after the shotgun, the difference of attack points between replaced gun and the shotgun, and you level. It should be easy to figure out the SKILL POINTS effect if we have a large pool here.

PS: I mean skill points but I don't know how to change the title...
Here's a quick way to determine the attack points (AP) of the replaced gun: Attack someone and check the fight results. See the AP of the gun on the bottom. Definitely not all used guns are shown, so it's the maximum AP the replaced gun can have. You can take that as the result. Or you can be more exact, count the # of displayed used guns, and find the remaining used guns (# of remaining used guns = mafia size - # of displayed used guns) in your inventory.
But it does not need to be that accurate since 100 attack points is large enough to make a difference.

BOS
05-30-2012, 12:39 PM
Are you talking about the skill points?? Or the actual attack stats for the weapon? I'm confused...

MaddSkillz
05-30-2012, 12:41 PM
Level 84 with 24062 attack, 16 skill points in the attack field.

Inzaghi
05-30-2012, 12:45 PM
Yes, skill points. Since Funzio is not willing to share with us their formula, we can figure it out by ourselves...

Are you talking about the skill points?? Or the actual attack stats for the weapon? I'm confused...

Hank
05-30-2012, 12:46 PM
inzaghi i don't get what you are saying...everyones attack skill points should be 100 points greater after getting the shotgun. Their attack score should be unchagned no?

BOS
05-30-2012, 12:47 PM
Yes, skill points. Since Funzio is not willing to share with us their formula, we can figure it out by ourselves...

Good luck bro, way greater minds than myself have tried in the past, and CCMark told them they were wrong... Not trying to shoot you down, so good luck ;)

Attack pre-widow: 48612
Attack skill pre-widow: 40
Level: 188

Paulio
05-30-2012, 12:51 PM
This is actually a pretty good idea. I'm interested in seeing how it plays out. I've recorded my pre-widow stats and I'll share the results after I get the widow.

Inzaghi
05-30-2012, 12:51 PM
It's said that skill points will contribute to your attack points, and the contribution will vary by your level, but it's not confirmed.
All in the 500 list will receive extra 100 skill points in attack so it's easy for them to figure out the exact formula. But in this case, they all receive the shot gun, so its effect on attack points must be eliminated.

inzaghi i don't get what you are saying...everyones attack skill points should be 100 points greater after getting the shotgun. Their attack score should be unchagned no?

Hank
05-30-2012, 12:58 PM
I have never paid close enough attention by i don't think that is the case...i was under the impression that attack skill points contributed to your attack in some hidden way...like maybe somehow changing the coefficient of the 'random element' multiplier that mark mentioned. If what you are saying is true, you would be able to figure out the formula by yourself by leveling...then adding three skill points and seeing how much your attack score changed...but thats a whole nother thing. If it helps out i will try what you suggest,

before gun attack: 51,563
before gun attack skill points: 142

Ramshutu
05-30-2012, 12:58 PM
Ignoring the weapon for a moment, there is a way of testing the effect of skill points conclusively, but it is convoluted

1.) take two players who have similar ATK/DEF.
2.) note the ATK And DEF skil points of each player. If one ATK is much greater than the others DEF then this player becomes the 'master'
3.) record Outcomes of attacks. And note the % won. This will, likely be > 50.
4.) have second player (over time), add defensive items until the %won = 50 over a number of fights.
5.) 'assuming' that players with equal stats will win exactly 50% of the time, and 'assuming' that the benefit of ATK points = DEF points, then 1 atk point is worth def increase/def added to reach 50%.

Note: this also imicitly assumes that the test is carried out at a time where ATK points do not contribute differing values as the players level increase.

Swearengen
05-30-2012, 12:59 PM
Interesting...Give it a try

Dorian Gray
05-30-2012, 01:08 PM
I believe Hank is correct when he talks about the 'hidden' benefit. I don't think it will add anything to your attack stats #.

Murda
05-30-2012, 01:08 PM
Spoiler* - Everyone's attack skill points will go up by 100 and everyone's Total Mafia Attack will go up by (300-lowest current gun used)

Coco c
05-30-2012, 01:13 PM
Hank and Dorian are right. When you allocate skill points they are not added to your attack score, they remain hidden.

Hank
05-30-2012, 01:16 PM
interesting idea ramshutu, but there are a lot of variables there since it would have to be done over a long period of time. It would be interesting to see the results, I had this idea but it would require that a person level many times and save up their skill points until they had like 30 or so (the more the better) then once they had a bunch saved they could attack a willing test dummy X amount of times. Then record the win percentage. Then add one skill point to attack, then attack their mate again x amount of times. Record the win percentage. And then keep doing that until all of the banked skill points were used up. This could show if attack skill points actually help you win fights or not. The same could be done for defense skill points. I would do this if i had a camper account to play with, i don't want to do it on my account because i feel like skill points are useless and i'd rather have the stamina or energy. but the results would be interesting to see

Inzaghi
05-30-2012, 01:26 PM
Hank and Dorian are right. When you allocate skill points they are not added to your attack score, they remain hidden.
Maybe you are right. But it's also said that 1 skill points will make an increasing contribution to your attack points as you level up and will stop at level 100. But anyway, we can figure it out through this event.

i need muney
05-30-2012, 01:29 PM
Recently lost 41500 vs 35300 with 266 attack. So it's "time to figure out how useless skill point really are"

DenZ1
05-30-2012, 01:30 PM
Recently lost 41500 vs 35300 with 266 attack. So it's "time to figure out how useless skill point really are"

That was definitely a random factor taking during that attack :)

Hank
05-30-2012, 01:32 PM
That whole thing about 1 skill point contributing a certain amount to lvl 100 was just mindless conjecture. Someone said it without any proof and for some reason a bunch of people bought into it and started spreading it around, but its just hearsay. the truth is no one besides funzio really knows how attack point (and defense buildings for that matter) really work

Inzaghi
05-30-2012, 10:36 PM
Still waiting for Funzio to send out the gun so that we can figure out. :cool:

Inzaghi
06-01-2012, 06:59 PM
Congratulations Funzio, you find the solution to keep it a secret!
Distribute the PvP event reward among the coffers event when everybody is rushing for the artifacts. Nobody will keep a record of his current status when receiving a lot of loot items. So the effect of skill points will remain a mystery!

nopenopenope
06-01-2012, 07:33 PM
Congratulations Funzio, you find the solution to keep it a secret!
Distribute the PvP event reward among the coffers event when everybody is rushing for the artifacts. Nobody will keep a record of his current status when receiving a lot of loot items. So the effect of skill points will remain a mystery!

You probably wouldn't have seen them anyways as popular opinion is they aren't reflected on the results pscreen.

Inzaghi
06-01-2012, 10:20 PM
You probably wouldn't have seen them anyways as popular opinion is they aren't reflected on the results pscreen.

You are right, The attack points difference is 290, and the blackwidow shotgun/replaced gun has 300/10 attack points. So it means that the attack points boost is purely contributed by the item instead of skill points. Otherwise, 100 skill points is large enough to make a noticeable difference. The conclusion is obvious: SKILL POINTS DO NOT INCREASE MAFIA ATTACK POINTS.

PS: Thank you Funzio for the nice reward!

Plumbernick9
06-01-2012, 10:23 PM
Inzaghi=enlightened

nopenopenope
06-01-2012, 10:33 PM
You are right, The attack points difference is 290, and the blackwidow shotgun/replaced gun has 300/10 attack points. So it means that the attack points boost is purely contributed by the item instead of skill points. Otherwise, 100 skill points is large enough to make a noticeable difference. The conclusion is obvious: SKILL POINTS DO NOT INCREASE MAFIA ATTACK POINTS.

PS: Thank you Funzio for the nice reward!

I will have to disagree with you. Vets can recall Funzio changed the results screen which used to reflect such information. Now that it's hidden, we'll never be able to verify again.

Inzaghi
06-01-2012, 10:51 PM
I will have to disagree with you. Vets can recall Funzio changed the results screen which used to reflect such information. Now that it's hidden, we'll never be able to verify again.
I have to say that cases are a little bit different. For the result screen case, you can just display rob results for attacks, or vice versa. It's easy to write a universal program to do that. For the attack points case, it's hard. For example, I have 150 attack skill points. If the program does not remember me, it doesn't know whether they come from the reward or just usual leveling up and cannot therefore "hide" the information. In order to remember me, Funzio needs to record the list, which makes the program rather redundant and easy to crash. So I prefer to believe there's no hidden information in such a case :D

nopenopenope
06-01-2012, 11:01 PM
Someone with more ambition to try and find the posts can reply...

Believe what you want, I'm not trying to convince you.

The Billionaire
06-02-2012, 12:32 AM
Level 95

Stats before the widow hit my inventory
Attack = 21736
Attack skill points = 95

Stats after the widow hit my inventory
Attack = 22036
Attack skill points = 195

There's my stats although i don't really get the point of this exercise!

Let us know what you find out Inzaghi

i need muney
06-02-2012, 12:41 AM
@_@ Wow! What the hell, man? ^^^^^^^^^
My eyes hurt.

Inzaghi
06-02-2012, 09:14 AM
Level 95

Stats before the widow hit my inventory
Attack = 21736
Attack skill points = 95

Stats after the widow hit my inventory
Attack = 22036
Attack skill points = 195

There's my stats although i don't really get the point of this exercise!

Let us know what you find out Inzaghi
Still need to know the attack point of the replaced gun (Sort your guns by AP and count from high to low until you reach your mafia size) to verify.
But according to my analysis, if your numbers are accurate, you are not fully equipped with guns (mafia size < # of guns). Because you have a net 300 AP boost, meaning that one of your mafia members does not have to discard some gun to use the black widow.

Dr Girlfriend
06-02-2012, 09:27 AM
I don't know the exact effect, but I do know it's helping. I used to have trouble beating people with similar/lower stats than me, now I'm finding that I beat people with better stats. Opens up the list of people I'm willing to take on. :)

Inzaghi
06-02-2012, 09:43 AM
I don't know the exact effect, but I do know it's helping. I used to have trouble beating people with similar/lower stats than me, now I'm finding that I beat people with better stats. Opens up the list of people I'm willing to take on. :)
I'm not saying it does not help. I mean it does not boost your attack points. But there are random factors during a fight/robbery, and it will impact that so as to increase your chance of winning.

nopenopenope
06-02-2012, 09:53 AM
I'm not saying it does not help. I mean it does not boost your attack points. But there are random factors during a fight/robbery, and it will impact that so as to increase your chance of winning.

Hasn't that always been known? The skill points are a multiplication modifier...they've never added to A/D 'directly'.

Inzaghi
06-02-2012, 09:58 AM
Hasn't that always been known? The skill points are a multiplication modifier...they've never added to A/D 'directly'.
It's also said that they will directly add. So I figure it out by doing an experiment by myself.