PDA

View Full Version : This high level [shark pool] stuff got me thinking...

kykboxr
05-30-2012, 11:52 AM
For those relatively new, we are obviously not prone to getting attacked by any really high level players, at least not yet. I'd be curious to see the scatter/plot of the levels of players out there. For obvious reasons, at least from what I'm reading, the VAST majority of the players are under L140, hence, there is a heavy skew to the right which groups everyone over L145 into one category, and everyone else into separate brackets. As the game evolves, and many others partaking in these events, there will be more and more people joining the higher ranks in the near future. This, ultimately, should limit the shark pool and eliminate those under 160 and everyone over is part of the bait, *IF* the developers broke this out by subdivisions. I have no idea...So, this also leads to another thought process to raise interest, and this was done by Storm 8 after a year or members *****ing...raise the level to 300. This, in addition to new weapons/buildings should spark interest. However, with the recent acquisition of Funzio, this may not even be in their pipeline. I'm sure this has been mentioned in the past, just couldn't see it.

Cliff Notes:
* As more people reach higher levels, [I think] the shark pool will no longer be L145+ but L160+ as the amt of players reach those levels
* To spark interest, increase the levels and add weapons/buildings
* This may have been mentioned in the past, I have no f'n clue.

Swifty
05-30-2012, 11:56 AM
All this thinking is a dangerous pastime.

kykboxr
05-30-2012, 11:59 AM
It's terrible, but I'm taking lunch :D

Swifty
05-30-2012, 12:02 PM
Really? What is for lunch?

I had a peanut butter and sardine sandwich.

Washed it down with local craft beer.

kykboxr
05-30-2012, 12:11 PM
What a coincidence, I, too, had a PB sandwich, though, I had it with olive oil, lettuce, tomatoes and carrots. I wished it down with Guiness

Bruce_law
05-30-2012, 12:12 PM
We really need a off topic session.

kykboxr
05-30-2012, 12:21 PM
Bruce, just added you

lol

Dorian Gray
05-30-2012, 12:23 PM
Salad with grilled chicken a lot for lunch lately, on a health kick.

I think the cutoff was something like lvl 70 when I joined the forums. Then 80... and so on. Maybe when it reaches 200 they'll raise the cap. But only if it will directly result in an increase in gold sales with minimal effort is my guess.

It's not really like you all end up in one group after you pass into the shark tank either. I believe you won't be seeing all the way up to 200 but 200 will be seeing down to you. This is just what I have gathered, I am not yet passed that threshold.

Shoes
05-30-2012, 12:40 PM
Hi all, I am at 174 and today I can see rivals down to level 157 and up to 196. That said i think the developers are messing with distribution on the fly as during the pvp competition i could see down to 146 and up 200. Also I have noticed that the rival list changes as more active players log in I am guessing once the US wakes up? Recently came across a page of rivals all above 150 with mobs ranging from 48 to 200 i looked at their stats and moved on it was too painful...

nopenopenope
05-30-2012, 02:51 PM
kykboxr, you are right for the most part, but my true belief is that the player pool becomes significantly smaller at higher levels reached, even if we wait for enough players to fulfill those brackets in time. It takes 6 solid months of gameplay to reach the "HL", and many players quit before reaching that plateau. I don't see the player pool representing any more than +/- 1% of active users at each of those levels. The strong will continue to stay strong, and beat on the weak, causing the weak to quit and the cycle goes on, and on, and on...

kykboxr
05-30-2012, 03:18 PM
kykboxr, you are right for the most part, but my true belief is that the player pool becomes significantly smaller at higher levels reached, even if we wait for enough players to fulfill those brackets in time. It takes 6 solid months of gameplay to reach the "HL", and many players quit before reaching that plateau. I don't see the player pool representing any more than +/- 1% of active users at each of those levels. The strong will continue to stay strong, and beat on the weak, causing the weak to quit and the cycle goes on, and on, and on...

Interesting point. This has been valid for other IOS RPG games as well.