PDA

View Full Version : Brand new event units WTF???

scorcher117
05-30-2012, 10:05 AM
Why has the units for the event changed is this a reward for people who wait till the last minute to attempt the event because not only has the names of the units changed so has the stats here's a list.
original New
Superfortress/Havoc bomber
11/5. 14/8
Recon infantry/Silent infantry
18/16. 18/27
Anti-aircraft battleship/Heavy capital ship
16/27. 23/24
Summit aggressor/night aggressor
30/25. 42/28
Grizzled heavy/Autonomous heavy
??? 236/101
So basically what I want to know is why did this happen
Also if you already had the previous units they do not update

Sia
05-30-2012, 10:06 AM
Can you elaborate more? I don't get it!

War Priest
05-30-2012, 10:07 AM
Because you leveled up into a new division. Be happy, your getting better units.

spectra
05-30-2012, 10:09 AM
Did you just leveled up? if so, maybe you just jumped into the new unit brackets, thus the names and stats change
look at the thread of the "10th bonus units" and you will see pict of the highest stat unit for this event

scorcher117
05-30-2012, 10:17 AM
Because you leveled up into a new division. Be happy, your getting better units. I would only actually get one better unit IF I make it to ten spy plans but thanks for the reply at least

War Priest
05-30-2012, 10:25 AM
I would only actually get one better unit IF I make it to ten spy plans but thanks for the reply at least

On the next events, those units will be better too.

Sia
05-30-2012, 10:27 AM
I would only actually get one better unit IF I make it to ten spy plans but thanks for the reply at least

It makes sense they give different units on different levels on events, hey dontbwant to unbalance the levels. Then how is this event fair for everyone? The guy will eventually level up, does the unit change stat in his inventory as he levels up? I mean when I am at level 150 and get a prize and th guy reaches level 130 faster than my progress will his prize in his inventory change as well or is it only when he wins it?

If it doesn't change then these events are not fair for everyone!

Crime City Mark
05-30-2012, 10:35 AM
You moved into a new level bracket, so you're seeing the units for that bracket.

Sia
05-30-2012, 10:41 AM
You moved into a new level bracket, so you're seeing the units for that bracket.

If he wins a unit in bracket A, and then moves to higher bracket B does his unit in the inventory upgrade in power? If not a person who had won the unit in bracket B and remains in bracket B has advantage to him! If both opened by gold only then the person in bracket A has a disadvantage based on his level to one who won in bracket B. they both eventually will reside in bracket C which is higher and both went to the event process equally ( not considering cash opening) but one is getting lower level prize.

Can you explain this?

War Priest
05-30-2012, 10:44 AM
What Sia? Units already won stay the same.

Maverick50727
05-30-2012, 10:45 AM
It makes sense they give different units on different levels on events, hey dontbwant to unbalance the levels. Then how is this event fair for everyone? The guy will eventually level up, does the unit change stat in his inventory as he levels up? I mean when I am at level 150 and get a prize and th guy reaches level 130 faster than my progress will his prize in his inventory change as well or is it only when he wins it?

If it doesn't change then these events are not fair for everyone!I could be wrong but I'm 99% sure they don't change. I've always been in the upper bracket since the events started so someone else would have to verify. Scorcher should be able to since he just leveled. I assume his Superfortress didn't turn magically into a Havoc bomber though.

The bonus on each item is the same and is applied just being in your inventory and is not required to be in your used units to battle. The units/stats not changing I don't see as any problem. When I level I don't expect the units I buy to go up, so why should I expect free prizes to?

lanemondo
05-30-2012, 10:52 AM
I could be wrong but I'm 99% sure they don't change. I've always been in the upper bracket since the events started so someone else would have to verify. Scorcher should be able to since he just leveled. I assume his Superfortress didn't turn magically into a Havoc bomber though.

The bonus on each item is the same and is applied just being in your inventory and is not required to be in your used units to battle. The units/stats not changing I don't see as any problem. When I level I don't expect the units I buy to go up, so why should I expect free prizes to?

Agree, I am now on 9 plans. All prior to me levelling to 81. I am now 81 and the 10th unit has increased stats. I am also now getting more money drops, 500 val instead of 350 etc. wouldn't expect my previous bonus ire,s to increase though

scorcher117
05-30-2012, 10:53 AM
As I said in the initial post my four units 1-9 spy plans did not update they stayed the same :(

Dr. Dengus
05-30-2012, 10:54 AM
Yeah if you win a unit in a lower level bracket, it's stats don't increase when you move up into a higher level bracket. I ran into a rival with a weaker Draughtsman recently, believe it was called Draft Destroyer.

scorcher117
05-30-2012, 10:56 AM
To an extent I do wish the event units would update as long as you level up before the event ends

Sia
05-30-2012, 11:07 AM
I personally won all events while being above 100 but just think if we all end up on level 200 I have significant number of units that are higher than those who got them in lower levels. May be it doesn't make any difference but the point is we all went through same process in obtaining and opening them and if I only open via gold and my opponent does the same then there should be no difference what we get!

I think the argument that different levels need different power is not valid as everyone in that level can obtain he same and that there is always gold units that people would buy that would change the balance and a prize needs to be same for everyoneif it is obtained the same way.

Warfiend
05-30-2012, 12:14 PM
Sia - I think it more than balances out when it comes to use of the bonuses. I've got about 70 more levels of 40 percent more valor per battle and 25 percent more mission cash to obtain for example. I consider that a significant long term advantage over those who leveled to 100 before getting the higher stat unit and I'm personally very satisfied with the weaker stats because of that.

Sia
05-30-2012, 12:27 PM
Sia - I think it more than balances out when it comes to use of the bonuses. I've got about 70 more levels of 40 percent more valor per battle and 25 percent more mission cash to obtain for example. I consider that a significant long term advantage over those who leveled to 100 before getting the higher stat unit and I'm personally very satisfied with the weaker stats because of that.

I see what you are saying, the bonuses are the main benefit of them and by getting them in earlier levels the players basically have advantages over me for example gaining it in higher levels! But again that is a disadvantage that comes with age. Still there is an unfair situation on getting the prize.

May be funzio is trying to persuade people to level up faster and not camp very much and it has nothing to do with level balance. I want to see what is fair about it!

Bronson
05-30-2012, 12:39 PM
I see what you are saying, the bonuses are the main benefit of them and by getting them in earlier levels the players basically have advantages over me for example gaining it in higher levels! But again that is a disadvantage that comes with age. Still there is an unfair situation on getting the prize.

May be funzio is trying to persuade people to level up faster and not camp very much and it has nothing to do with level balance. I want to see what is fair about it!

You also have to take into account the price of boxes. Why should someone paying 20k an open get the same prizes as someone paying 120k?

Sia
05-30-2012, 12:48 PM
You also have to take into account the price of boxes. Why should someone paying 20k an open get the same prizes as someone paying 120k?

That's why I mentioned if he opens all with gold which is what I usually do after the 7th one. By the way till 7 it comes one after another so it is not really big difference. In other words there is an option there that two people can open exactly the same and recieve different prize.

Copenhagen
05-30-2012, 12:59 PM
That's why I mentioned if he opens all with gold which is what I usually do after the 7th one. By the way till 7 it comes one after another so it is not really big difference. In other words there is an option there that two people can open exactly the same and recieve different prize.

It is random. There is also the chance that someone can spend 2500 gold and get nothing while someone opening for free can land the 10th item. It is only equitable on a per player one-off basis and you cannot compare experiences.

Sia
05-30-2012, 01:07 PM
It is random. There is also the chance that someone can spend 2500 gold and get nothing while someone opening for free can land the 10th item. It is only equitable on a per player one-off basis and you cannot compare experiences.

I agree to some extent that it is random. The question was not its randomness but the fact that if two open the same way why should one get better unit based on his level.

On the part of randomness. If the probability of one thing is p then after N try you can calculate the probability of the outcome and if it is distributed evenly it is even simpler. For me I have noticed there is a problem with their random generator and the statistics of opening one by one and opening N in a row is different. If you open 30 in a row after the 8 th doc I guarantee you get the 10th prize. If you open one by one it is different.