PDA

View Full Version : No more fun ...

DutchLion
05-30-2012, 08:45 AM
After 40 levels i,m quitting allready.
I thought this would be a fun game because at first i could attack people and win/lose some battles.
The last 5 days i have been ****d by about 60 people (no problem there) but when i wanted to take revenge i get 0 wins and lose loads of units ...(Hence : 1000 warthogs ,1200 jetfighters,2000 landunits,600 sea units, 200 battletanks and 600 landunits ,24 ammopacks only with trying to get some revenge ) and rapairs costs me about 150000 credits.

Can someone explain where i should have get some fun out of this ??
If Funzio thinks i would start paying for this game when i saw all those losses they made a big mistake....they achieved the opposite...i quit !!
And having allies is a big joke also ...i asked allies to help me a bit attacking the foes but nobody of my 56 allies helped me there.
When i attack others base they defend with just level 1 max level 2 defenses while i own level 6 -8 defenses and they blow through them like if they are not there...
So please can anybody explain where the fun should be ???
If funzio want me to pay they should make this a fun game and not forcing me to buy stronger units...
That's 1950 marketeering.
Make people happy, keep them at your loving side and then they will pay for better stuff....

Ah well, i,m having fun with empire island so i,ll put my time in there.
unless i,m getting some serious respons (read: upbuilding critism) to my post.

andymac106
05-30-2012, 08:49 AM
The defense building do not really matter. Focus on building up your economy and cash flow and upgrade money, unit, and boost buildings

And this game is fun dont hate on it

marebear
05-30-2012, 08:52 AM
After 40 levels i,m quitting allready.I thought this would be a fun game because at first i could attack people and win/lose some battles.The last 5 days i have been ****d by about 60 people (no problem there) but when i wanted to take revenge i get 0 wins and lose loads of units ...(Hence : 1000 warthogs ,1200 jetfighters,2000 landunits,600 sea units, 200 battletanks and 600 landunits ,24 ammopacks only with trying to get some revenge ) and rapairs costs me about 150000 credits.Can someone explain where i should have get some fun out of this ??If Funzio thinks i would start paying for this game when i saw all those losses they made a big mistake....they achieved the opposite...i quit !!And having allies is a big joke also ...i asked allies to help me a bit attacking the foes but nobody of my 56 allies helped me there.When i attack others base they defend with just level 1 max level 2 defenses while i own level 6 -8 defenses and they blow through them like if they are not there...So please can anybody explain where the fun should be ???If funzio want me to pay they should make this a fun game and not forcing me to buy stronger units...That's 1950 marketeering.Make people happy, keep them at your loving side and then they will pay for better stuff....Ah well, i,m having fun with empire island so i,ll put my time in there.unless i,m getting some serious respons (read: upbuilding critism) to my post.Are you checking people's attack and defense scores before you attack or raid? What is your attack and defense score?

Tenspot
05-30-2012, 09:12 AM
Are you checking people's attack and defense scores before you attack or raid? What is your attack and defense score?

Yea you can't just blindly revenge on people without checking their stats by raiding, that's just asking for it. If you can't find who attacked you in your rivals list then best to just let it go. No offense, but from how you describe what happened I think you could understand how the game mechanics work a little better; browse the forum, there are threads about strategy everywhere.

An event just ended too that encouraged mass attacking so if your defense is significantly lower than your peers then I would attribute you getting ****d to that. There is still the Camo Pack Event going on too so...get yer Alliance D-Fence up!

Aidan
05-30-2012, 09:25 AM
I think your problem is you dont fully understand how the game works yet. Have a read on this guide to help you understand better. They are written by experienced member

By AO:
http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?17459-Niteshooter-s-guide-to-Modern-War

By Johnny:
http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?21637-General-Tips-for-n00-%28read-first-post%29

DutchLion
05-30-2012, 01:01 PM
Ok i,m going to awnser all of you the best i can :

@Andymac106 : i understand the basics in building up a base because i,m playing these kind of games for about 20 years now ( right after i started with pong :-D ) and i follow the quest charts and i upgrade my defenses the best i can.
My towers are at lvl 5 and my turrets at lvl 4 and upgrading is going to cost me more then i earn at the moment so i,m now waiting for a tower to be done upgrading then i start on my gold factories and let the quest chart for what it is...

@marebear : there you got me ...i allways thought "if they can attack me they should be in the same lvl as me"...maybe some difference in skills attack/defense but overall we should be the same.
How else could they attack me while i can,t see them in my list ??
My attack is 48 defense is 25 stamina 10 and energy is 460.... i am now upgrading the defense to 35 or so.

@tenspot :
If you can't find who attacked you in your rivals list then best to just let it go
I have a question back there : How could they have found me if i can,t find them in my list ???
Are there different lists then and can higher leveled people attack their lesser brothers ???
That would be unfair isn,t it ?
I allways thought same levels fight each other......

@ Aidan : i have seen some of the guides and what i read is what i allready do...but never to old to learn aren,t we ?

So after all i would say that bigger/better opponents can hit on lower players......and that makes me less happyer so far

Fifth Reich
05-30-2012, 01:27 PM
You should visit one of those threads that teach you how to play.

Aidan
05-30-2012, 01:28 PM
@dutch lion i think that you still dont understand how alliance work and how are you alliance attack and alliance defence are calculated. The guide that i posted earlier especially the second one explained the formula to calculate your attack and defence.

From yout post, it looks like you're relying on your defense building to do your defence. While building defense do help in terms of increasing your total defence, the stat is simply too low for you to depends on them. You need units for that. Please read again as it looks like you didnt read it fully.

Send me your code, i'll add you and will take a look at your base. Better for me to understand your problem

Tenspot
05-30-2012, 01:58 PM
"If you can't find who attacked you in your rivals list then best to just let it go"

"I have a question back there : How could they have found me if i can,t find them in my list ???
Are there different lists then and can higher leveled people attack their lesser brothers ???
That would be unfair isn,t it ?
I allways thought same levels fight each other......"

The same levels do fight each other, but keep in mind, there are thousands and thousands of people playing this game and the player pool is largest at the bottom levels and smallest at the upper levels. You could find someone to fight once and not see them again for a very long time, maybe never. If you're looking for 1 person in you rivals list you could sit there and refresh for an hour and not find them, it's just luck.

Sorry, I'm typing this from my phone. You should read one of those strategy guides in detail though, they are helpful.

DutchLion
05-31-2012, 09:14 AM
@ fifth reich : i asked upbuilding post not some 11 year old kid making dumb remarks, thank you !!!!
I knew i should not post this and just should delete this game from my phone.

Guys, i really know how to fight or to build really, i just don,t understand why anyone with better skillpoints, higher attackpoints and defensepoints, has the abbility to attack me just because he is a level 40 just like me ???
I know the developers want me to be buying things to have the defenses i need....but i wont.

Thanks for the ones who actually had some upbuilding responses but i,m deleting the game anyway

Greetz

Arj
05-31-2012, 09:46 AM
....lol i hate to say it....but some poeple shouldnt play modern war lol :rolleyes:

Fudge Packer
05-31-2012, 10:14 AM
....lol i hate to say it....but some poeple shouldnt play modern war lol :rolleyes:

Couldn't of put it better myself mate

Echos
05-31-2012, 03:27 PM
i have been having the same problem one is like this guy has attacked me about 14 to 18 times in a day and he wont stop i think they should put a limit to how many times you can attack someone not per day but forever