PDA

View Full Version : STOP With The Nonsense Threads!

War Priest
05-30-2012, 05:32 AM
All the senior members* and I are tired of seeing these silly pointless threads. I won't say names but you know if you are doing it or not. There are a few of you.

There is no reason to create a thread or 4 polls a day saying "Still at 8...so sad" or anything like that.

Please just stop. It's ok to have fun on here but the nonsense threads have really got out of hand.

Another thing, STOP posting in spam threads! Just report them and don't say a thing. We do not want spammed threads getting bumped.

*Just because you have the title senior member, doesn't mean anything. It is how you are viewed by others that make you a senior member.

Arizona
05-30-2012, 05:34 AM
So I wasn't the only one thinking this forum is becoming juvenile.

War Priest
05-30-2012, 05:36 AM
So I wasn't the only one thinking this forum is becoming juvenile.

Nope. A lot of us have been sending PM's to eachother about this and we are all getting tired of it.

Aidan
05-30-2012, 05:38 AM
Thanks WP

My post in the where were you thread

Okay to everyone. I'm sure you guys have read brons PM bout the state of our forum. And i completely agree with him. The forum is in a dire state right now. The stupid thread, redundant thread and spams has plunged it into a pile of garbage.

For example there are 4 threads bout the limited edition. Come on. What the effing eff is this effing sh1t!!

Then We have the flan's copycat. (i love you flan but 1 is more than enough). There are 2 or maybe 3 of them and 1 even have the cheek to criticise the other. Lololol.

PMs need to be send out to these offenders. Both the redundant and spam threads.

Next is the FNN thread. Too many newbs creating new thread for something that has been answered and adresssed like a gazillion time. We need to start compilling all the FAQs for Johnnys guide. Btw, whT happened to draino's guide? Need this to be sticky.

How about if we create threads for each components of the game; money buildings, unit buildings, unit etc. All newbs Qs should go into respective thread to be answered by senior members. If we can make this sticky will be great.

Lauren, CCM if you reading this please come and give us your take and suggestions. We need to save the forum!

Thunder Child
05-30-2012, 05:50 AM
Glad your PM went somewhere, Bronson. Fully supportive of some kind of effort to streamline some of the posting that is happening, and to try to cut out some of the really trivial stuff.

mickymacirl
05-30-2012, 05:53 AM
Amen.... (I didn't do anything, stop blaming me)

Arizona
05-30-2012, 05:53 AM
I think the forum needs a new sub category under Modern War. Something like "Strategy Guides". It will direct newbies there first of all. Even have a Read Me First in there to direct people what to do.

Everyone goes straight to the General category and posts everything and anything. We end up reading new posts on old and repeated subjects.

-->FISH<--
05-30-2012, 05:56 AM
And there is a forum for allies needed... It's easy to find and use.

CounterSniper
05-30-2012, 05:59 AM
The same thing has happened to the CC forum with an influx of new players with attitudes and disrespect/disregard for the senior members and without a mod the senior members were forced to try and keep order but w/o legitimate authority and with no backup from funzio on a regular basis it devolved into a free for all atmosphere and now its just a dank pit of negativity which severely contributed to my decision to quit CC for good.

What's really sad is that the main reason this happens is because a company that banks 5 million month cant spend 10 bucks an hour for a mod to monitor the forums around the clock. Or even give a trusted forum member or two some mod powers on a limited basis but unfortunately they have never positively responded to pleas for assistance in the past.

I wish you guys luck on getting a handle on things.

Bronson
05-30-2012, 06:01 AM
Thanks for this Priest!

I know I get carried away and post a few jokes on different threads but I have reigned that in and just stick to the usual OT threads to keep my clutter away from the strategy and information threads, but all this starting new polls and threads covers the front of the forum and it's not good for anybody old or new to this forum.

War Priest
05-30-2012, 06:03 AM
Hell, I would monitor the forums for free. I am logged on most of the day, but I hear you Sniper.

Sepi
05-30-2012, 06:03 AM
Excellent post and I have to agree. It is not about elitism, mischief or that senior members might feel that they are above those who have spend less time in the forums (or have less posts as that is only and wrong indicator of someone´s status or know-how expertise), but purely practical point of view to "keep it clean". Humour threads are ok now and then, but there´s much more to enjoy reading comments that are relevant to topics in hand and funny in related to content.

Now several topics of same combined with occational spam make the forum sometimes blurry and hard to read, and interesting topics may fall to pages 2 or even 3 - places where nobody will ever even concider to look for information.

Hassleham
05-30-2012, 06:04 AM
I didn't get the message but i've been thinking the same for a while..

We need Player Mods for the forum!

CAPT.GIN
05-30-2012, 06:10 AM
Yes great idea.... This thread is a great, I kinda ment this yesterday with my flan enough is enough thread!!! I hope everyone gets the message...

CounterSniper
05-30-2012, 06:10 AM
Hell, I would monitor the forums for free. I am logged on most of the day, but I hear you Sniper.

Trust me, i used to spend at least 12 hours a day in the CC forum and have offered my services to no avail. I also made the same suggestions about sections to most all of the devs/mods and was either ignored outright or politely blown off. I'm not the only one either. It really blew up after the m4a1 fiasco and things never recovered. Too bad really.

You guys might be able to nip things in the bud, sure hope so, for everyones sake.

Agent Orange
05-30-2012, 06:19 AM

There are probably enough level headed forum members that could moderate the forums so yes it wouldn't cost Funzio anything to impliment.

Granted moderation is a thankless task and in some cases the mods end up being the target(s) of abuse.

We needed some stickied posts in terms of strategy guides though any currentbguide really needs an overhaul to cover events and now rankings properly so someone experienced in both of these aras might want to give it a shot.

I don't post a lot any more because the forums are rally disintegrating.

War Priest
05-30-2012, 06:25 AM
Those who have an urge to say something pointless or stupid, go to the "Where were you???" thread. Nobody really cares what you say in there because a new page happens every few minutes. No need to create a whole new thread for it.

Maverick50727
05-30-2012, 06:40 AM
LMAO, I said something similar a few weeks ago annd I got blasted by some people for it. I agree that it is a community forum and anyone can post what they like. But some control. Since Funzio doesn't have any official knowledge base, the general forum has always been seen by most as a place to get answers from experienced players. Less bogus threads and responses means you might be able to search and find things easier. I always encourage a reply or communication via Private Message. Only respond in the thread if you think your reply can benefit all.

I know I'm guilty too sometimes, but I try to control mine to 10-20X more PM than replies in threads.

el_gringo
05-30-2012, 06:49 AM
In full agreement over here, well said WP and co.

War Priest
05-30-2012, 06:56 AM
Guys, I am going to just start reporting them and typing "nonsense" in the box. I think if there is enough of us that do it, it'll get removed.

Hassleham
05-30-2012, 06:58 AM
Guys, I am going to just start reporting them and typing "nonsense" in the box. I think if there is enough of us that do it, it'll get removed.

How do i report threads?

Thunder Child
05-30-2012, 07:02 AM
Guys, I am going to just start reporting them and typing "nonsense" in the box. I think if there is enough of us that do it, it'll get removed.Worth a try for obvious nonsense. Would suggest a second notation too - "Redirect to..."

Poopenshire
05-30-2012, 07:07 AM
Thank you, please work to promote this. Especially the user mods.

marebear
05-30-2012, 07:08 AM
How do i report threads?Mini triangle on the left side under avatars. It's grayed out.

War Priest
05-30-2012, 07:09 AM
Worth a try for obvious nonsense. Would suggest a second notation too - "Redirect to..."

With the nonsense of some of the threads, that option wouldn't really work. How do you redirect "Who is awesomer flan or war priest".

JohnnyR
05-30-2012, 07:13 AM
I think if there was a probation on posting threads, maybe a week-it would encourage more reading and research and fewer noob threads, making for better discussions and a clutter free forum. I've been pushing for probatiion on various things, but this would do the most good, IMO stop spammers as well.

WP, I'm reporting nonsense threads as well, if we get some more on board lets hope Funzio gets our message...

Thunder Child
05-30-2012, 07:14 AM
With the nonsense of some of the threads, that option wouldn't really work. How do you redirect "Who is awesomer flan or war priest".Agree. Need the "Nonsense" label for 'junk' but perhaps a "Redirect" label for inquiries etc which have been dealt with on existing threads.

The answer to that particular thread, BTW, can't be in too much doubt!

Hassleham
05-30-2012, 07:23 AM
Mini triangle on the left side under avatars. It's grayed out.

Thanks.

Another thought:
If they're really so against having player moderators, how about having a voting system, or extending the rating system where if a thread gets 5 1-star votes it gets locked?
I think the pros would outweigh the cons for this, what do you think?

MaverickMunkey
05-30-2012, 07:27 AM
I do have to agree with most of the comments made here and feel that it is important for Funzio to listen and potentially initiate two ideas.

1. - Forum mods, either paid in house or free responsible players.

2. - A guide section for new players and others with queries . I believe that these guides need to be locked to the creators so that no other comments can be placed on them other than by the original editor.

Even as someone who doesn't always comment but reads this forum every day (as I always have this and the KA forum open) I sometimes have trouble finding answers in the old threads and for a newbie, they potentially have 1900 threads to trawl though to find an answer - and that is a hell of a task for anyone so I do have sympathy with them (so long as they ask an intelligent question!).

War Priest
05-30-2012, 07:37 AM
Let's create our own forums. :p

Hassleham
05-30-2012, 07:45 AM
http://modernwar.lefora.com/

Check it out :p

War Priest
05-30-2012, 07:46 AM
http://modernwar.lefora.com/

Check it out :p

That was a joke and you put that it was my idea in the announcments!

I'll sign up though.

Hassleham
05-30-2012, 07:48 AM
I decided to take it seriously and get the ball rolling though :D
If we can get all users on that forum, i can assign a few people as moderators and we can keep it to invite only, should be much better!

War Priest
05-30-2012, 07:48 AM
Man, edit the options so I can have a space between war and priest.

Poopenshire
05-30-2012, 07:49 AM
Just submitted for membership to yours hassle.

Hassleham
05-30-2012, 07:51 AM
Man, edit the options so I can have a space between war and priest.

You can't have spaces? I'm looking in to it.

Aidan
05-30-2012, 07:52 AM
I dont blame the newcomers creating threads asking about the same Qs everytime. I do pity them but it is still a problem. Problem that exist because the forum got cluttered and there is no specific or sub thread for them to ask Qs.

War Priest
05-30-2012, 07:53 AM
You can't have spaces? I'm looking in to it.

Good. And you better fix it dev! :D

Hassleham
05-30-2012, 07:54 AM
hahaha i can't handle this pressure, i quit!

EDIT: It looks like you have to have one word unfortunately, maybe an underscore (_) will work?

stricker
05-30-2012, 07:55 AM
...see, like i've said before, snakes are self regulators!!! ...they get rid of what snot supposed to be here!!!
http://i993.photobucket.com/albums/af58/rmgboys/MW_glitch/snake.jpg

Maverick50727
05-30-2012, 07:56 AM
I do have to agree with most of the comments made here and feel that it is important for Funzio to listen and potentially initiate two ideas.

1. - Forum mods, either paid in house or free responsible players.

2. - A guide section for new players and others with queries . I believe that these guides need to be locked to the creators so that no other comments can be placed on them other than by the original editor.

Even as someone who doesn't always comment but reads this forum every day (as I always have this and the KA forum open) I sometimes have trouble finding answers in the old threads and for a newbie, they potentially have 1900 threads to trawl though to find an answer - and that is a hell of a task for anyone so I do have sympathy with them (so long as they ask an intelligent question!).
Totally agree with Item #2 and have mentioned this myself several times, but maybe not outside of PM.

1.) A separate "Player Guides" section being created.
2.) All old guides be moved over
3.) A sticky policy by devs stating these are player opinions only and not officially blessed. Also stating that the ONLY new threads allowed would be published "guides". All replies including questions should not be new threads, but should be limited as replies to the thread of that guide, direct questions to the General forum or instructed tp PM to the guide authors.
4.) Some moderator be assigned to delete any new thread that is not a "guide". Or periodioc weekly dev review to delete all threads that are questions and not guides.

The result would be a place new players could go and get infomation on possible strategies, without the hassle of trying to search the general forum. If any Senior Member publishes a "guide" I suggest they continue to update it, publish revision notes & dates and include personal contact information such as directing questions to their PM instead of the forum. I know this means taking ownership and responsibility, but that should be part if someone chose to publish. I've been holding off publishing anything myself for now until I can get more infomation, but plan on something by the time I reach L150-170. A good home for it would be nice.

CAPT.GIN
This is another perfect reason why one of us senior members should be a monitor on here!!! To take off the dumdum threads!!!

War Priest
hahaha i can't handle this pressure, i quit!

EDIT: It looks like you have to have one word unfortunately, maybe an underscore (_) will work?

You quit already? Dang...

Aidan
05-30-2012, 07:57 AM
This is another perfect reason why one of us senior members should be a monitor on here!!! To take off the dumdum threads!!!

Including yours?

CAPT.GIN
05-30-2012, 07:58 AM
The monitor should have the power to close dumdum threads! An take away spam threads!!! Im really getting tired of this guys!

CAPT.GIN
05-30-2012, 08:01 AM
Including yours?

Ok you got a point there, some of mine are dumb but not a lot! An if it makes you guys mad then I'll stop, but I'm not gonna start fighting with you over it! An you had some dumdum threads to like the what do you like to collect one...

Aidan
05-30-2012, 08:04 AM
Ok you got a point there, some of mine are dumb but not a lot! An if it makes you guys mad then I'll stop, but I'm not gonna start fighting with you over it! An you had some dumdum threads to like the what do you like to collect one...

Lol. Thats not my thread. Better check again.
You always make a redundant thread. To date you have created 37 threads. Okay. I agree. Lets not go there

YLL
05-30-2012, 08:04 AM
What I would really like to see is those spam posts selling stolen credit card/driving licence/identity details somehow stopped... and hopefully news about how the perpetrators have been caught, locked up in jails and the keys thrown away (somewhere they can't be retrieved from, obviously)...

CAPT.GIN
05-30-2012, 08:08 AM
Lol. Thats not my thread. Better check again.
You always make a redundant thread. To date you have created 37 threads. Okay. I agree. Lets not go there

See what flan and his other accounts started!!! He has all of us flipping out!!! I bet you he's reading this thread rite now with a big smile on his face!!!

War Priest
05-30-2012, 08:12 AM
See what flan and his other accounts started!!! He has all of us flipping out!!! I bet you he's reading this thread rite now with a big smile on his face!!!

-@'DK'@-
05-30-2012, 08:14 AM
Hey everybody :)
Does anyone know how to get last plans in the event that is going on right now? I have had 9 plans for 2 and a half days now, and I really want the last one :) should I spend gold for now?
-@'DK'@-

-->FISH<--
05-30-2012, 08:15 AM
All fine and dandy ideas but, this is also a community and not just for guides and strategy. Most of you have gotten To know people on here personally because of that interaction. I'm just voting for balance so the people who enjoy some of the bafoonary can enjoy the forum as much as those learning how to play the game better. Not all threads you don't agree with are non- productive. That's the problem with having one person and their opinion decide what is good for the forum. This will cause decisiveness within the community. The diversity that makes up this forum gives it character and life. Old will go and new will come just be able to adapt and guide newer members in certain directions.

War Priest
05-30-2012, 08:16 AM
Hey everybody :)
Does anyone know how to get last plans in the event that is going on right now? I have had 9 plans for 2 and a half days now, and I really want the last one :) should I spend gold for now?
-@'DK'@-

No. On two events I have spent over 3,000 gold and never got the last item. 6,000 gold wasted! I now only play these events for free.

stricker
05-30-2012, 08:17 AM
What I would really like to see is those spam posts selling stolen credit card/driving licence/identity details somehow stopped... and hopefully news about how the perpetrators have been caught, locked up in jails and the keys thrown away (somewhere they can't be retrieved from, obviously)...

Bah-ha-Hah!!!

...hi ...i'm a professional hacker!!! ...you must be an idiot, so let me sell you some stolen cc numbers!!!

lol...

professional hacker... isn't that an oxymoron???

professional garage man
professional trickster
professional con
professional thief
professional ditch digger
professional hamburger flipper
professional 7-11 clerk

...give me a break!!! :/

Maverick50727
05-30-2012, 08:19 AM
Priest, do you agree with the 2 Maverick's suggestions above about a guides section? You are in the forum more than I am these days and deal with the devs since you are a beta tester. Care to lead the charge?

War Priest
05-30-2012, 08:21 AM
Priest, do you agree with the 2 Maverick's suggestions above about a guides section? You are in the forum more than I am these days and deal with the devs since you are a beta tester. Care to lead the charge?

Good idea, but my word is no better than anybody else here. I have game my thoughts and suggestions many times and they just ignore and don't reply to emails or anything.

CAPT.GIN
05-30-2012, 08:23 AM
Guys as much as we want this to stop its not going to happen! There will still be spams and there will be new members who are never going to read this and post threads...

CAPT.GIN
05-30-2012, 08:28 AM
All fine and dandy ideas but, this is also a community and not just for guides and strategy. Most of you have gotten To know people on here personally because of that interaction. I'm just voting for balance so the people who enjoy some of the bafoonary can enjoy the forum as much as those learning how to play the game better. Not all threads you don't agree with are non- productive. That's the problem with having one person and their opinion decide what is good for the forum. This will cause decisiveness within the community. The diversity that makes up this forum gives it character and life. Old will go and new will come just be able to adapt and guide newer members in certain directions.

Yea what the fish said....

Aidan
05-30-2012, 08:29 AM
@Fish agree. Balance is the word. Thats why i promote the idea of sub section for FAQs/ sticky Guide for new player.
Social threads here and there is fine to help spurs members interaction.

What i cant stand is redundant thread. For events we have 3,4 sometimes 5 threads all talking about the same thing. Limited edition- there's 3 out there now.

Hassleham
05-30-2012, 08:29 AM
I am currently building a new forum here: http://modernwar.lefora.com
There will be a guide section with all the guides/spreadsheets which will be sticky, and i might even lock it so that there is no BS in there. There will also be a general section for random discussions similar to the "Where were you?" thread.
There will be a FAQ section which will be similar to the guides but with individual questions. Noobs will be able to post new questions in here and the most common questions will be stickied at the top.

Tate
05-30-2012, 08:50 AM
Hey everybody :) Does anyone know how to get last plans in the event that is going on right now? I have had 9 plans for 2 and a half days now, and I really want the last one :) should I spend gold for now? -@'DK'@-. Isn't this just kinda thing what you're all talking about? My suggestion would be to ignore the post and carry on with the topic...
Or direct them to the appropriate thread

Aidan
05-30-2012, 08:57 AM
@hassle i appreciate your effort but i will stick with this forum for now. Made a lot of friends here. Dont wanna abandon the ship just yet. We might be able to fix this!

@tate i think he's trolling. Lol. He clearly understand and knows wht he's doing. Lololol

Tate
05-30-2012, 09:12 AM
Haha, good point and likely right!

scorcher117
05-30-2012, 09:32 AM
As apposed to starting a new thread i noticed the different type of members like WP said so how does your status change between member junior member and senior member

Sia
05-30-2012, 09:33 AM
If a thread is not popular it will automatically wont get attention. There is no need for anyone to define what has to be posted or regulate them. I think one should let the livelihood of the forum live its way. I agree with a casual forum and a strategic forum.

marebear
05-30-2012, 09:35 AM
As apposed to starting a new thread i noticed the different type of members like WP said so how does your status change between member junior member and senior memberIt's the number of posts you make. That's why senior member doesn't mean much.

Aidan
05-30-2012, 09:37 AM
It's the number of posts you make. That's why senior member doesn't mean much.

To add to marebear, you need 100 post to become a senior. Pretty easy

SeqWins
05-30-2012, 09:37 AM
This thread kind of gives me a guilty conscience of all the posts I have which have been unsubstantial or pointless. But hey I guess I'm not as Senior as most of you because I only joined a couple of months after looking at the forum. I enjoy joking around as a matter fact I kind of get a lot of comedy relief from this forum from Gin's messed up lingo to Bronson's witty comments to WP's inputs and knowing we wanted to kill each other when we met but on the other hand Im discouraged by all of the spam. So needless to say balance is a big thing but it can't sway in any way.

Queeeeef!!!!! I'm joining your forum.

marebear
05-30-2012, 09:43 AM
This thread kind of gives me a guilty conscience of all the posts I have which have been unsubstantial or pointless. But hey I guess I'm not as Senior as most of you because I only joined a couple of months after looking at the forum. I enjoy joking around as a matter fact I kind of get a lot of comedy relief from this forum from Gin's messed up lingo to Bronson's witty comments to WP's inputs and knowing we wanted to kill each other when we met but on the other hand Im discouraged by all of the spam. So needless to say balance is a big thing but it can't sway in any way.Queeeeef!!!!! I'm joining your forum.I think there is a difference between joking in threads and creating whole new threads that have no forum value at all. I think if we all commit to not posting/ bumping up pointless threads we could take back the forum.

War Priest
05-30-2012, 09:49 AM
I think there is a difference between joking in threads and creating whole new threads that have no forum value at all. I think if we all commit to not posting/ bumping up pointless threads we could take back the forum.

If we all just ignore the threads this will help a lot.

Hassleham
05-30-2012, 09:58 AM
Queeeeef!!!!! I'm joining your forum.

Thanks man ;D
Don't bother yet though, my and WP are working on something.

Sia
05-30-2012, 10:02 AM
If we all just ignore the threads this will help a lot.

War priest, you have a valid point in this thread and that is more important topics get neglected or pushed down. On the other hand the juvenile threads are another nice aspect of this game and forum and I personally think they add flavor.

I don't know if it was you or someone else who suggested having a strategic forum. I think having a casual forum for this type of threads is a good thing. We should push Funzio for another forum and ban non strategic discussion from strategic one. This way we keep the juvenile atmosphere in the casual forum.

Luke7676
05-30-2012, 10:09 AM
Thank god someone made a thread like this finely... Good job Priesty. I've been tring to stay clear of all the bs in this forum for the past couple days and tring to take a break from the idioticness of some ppl >.< 1 dumbass thread a day is enough... But we have had 4-5+ a day lately it seems. With immaturity and younger age factoring in more and more I'm about to go crazy.. Joking around and bs'ing with some of you senior members is fine and I enjoy it, but the dumb sh** that some of these younger ones are posting is driving me crazy lol.

So please on behalf of the forum stop your spamming of new pointless threads or atleast keep them to a minimum.

Lt. Falcon
05-30-2012, 10:17 AM
I haven't seen this mentioned, but haven't really looked for this in the thread, but when starting a thread about a topic say "composite factory" use a ""TAG"" so people can search for the answers easier instead of posting a new thread asking the same question. I have seen a couple of my questions answered before but it was not relevant to me at the time. But when I went to verify what I had read or seen before I couldn't locate the answer so I posted a new thread to find out or verify what I needed. TAGS are very helpful, not only to the noob's but to other members as well.

War Priest
05-30-2012, 10:17 AM
We def need a mod. The devs, hell I don't even know what they do on here, aren't really doing much. Like the poll the other day "who is awesomer: war priest or bigflan?" For real? Then somebody had to copy and make a Bronson and Aidan poll. :rolleyes:

Arj
05-30-2012, 10:19 AM
I havent been posting for long, but i have been trawling through here for a few months now since i started playing. Ive noticed that there just seems to be a massive increase in the number of threads, and you get threads from this morning on page 3 before you can even read them. I have to go back pages to find the good threads of the day in order for a good read and its quite anoying. Id say the main problem is poeple keep making new threads for every question or comment they have,sometimes its funny and ok, most of the time it could easily just be a post in another thread.

The increase in overall members is probably a factor to, IE before lets say there was a 100 of you active members, and 1 bigflan, now theres 300 active members and 3 flans. Breaking the forum down into sections like mentioned seems to be a quick and instant improvement, but mainly people just need to think before they make a thread, can i put this into a existing thread?

War Priest
05-30-2012, 10:27 AM
Another major problem is a lot of people THINK they need their own thread for something such as the LE's this morning. If one person creates it what is so wrong with just going in there and talking about it. No need to create a whole new thread on the same topic.

Corsair
05-30-2012, 10:32 AM
War Priest, many thanks for posting this publicly, it's about time this was brought up. Over the last couple of days it has gotten ridiculous. Funzio could do a whole lot better but they choose to spend their time elsewhere (I understand benign neglect, but we are seeing wanton neglect). Most of the crud comes from a couple of posters, and frankly they have been encouraged by all the responses they have received. Marebear is right -since the dawn of email/web there has been trolling and spam, and the one way that always works best to fight it is to ignore it. Of course, many people can't resist the urge, so it spreads.

Mods (at least player mods) are probably not going to happen, which is probably a good thing, those that Mod usually don't last long and it often creates more divisiveness that it solves. Unfortunately, Funzio doesn't seem to be willing to do anything to help. Until they do, an alternative forum may be the best solution. But I would try the ignore option first, and maybe speak to the worst offenders via PM. Whatever works, it would be nice to see the forums back to the usefulness they were when I first started reading a couple of months ago.

ETA: One other thing mentioned earlier, use the report button. Just flag all the stupid stuff as spam. Eventually, maybe Funzio will wake up to the problem. You can go through this board and still find old spam/scam threads, and that is just ridiculous. But maybe if we were better at reporting they'd wake up. I know I stopped as it seemed a futile effort, maybe it'd be worth trying again.

Sia
05-30-2012, 10:32 AM
Another major problem is a lot of people THINK they need their own thread for something such as the LE's this morning. If one person creates it what is so wrong with just going in there and talking about it. No need to create a whole new thread on the same topic.

We need the mod who is present! Funzio can ask few members to act as mod and have higher access for a gold salary!

Luke7676
05-30-2012, 10:48 AM
We need the mod who is present! Funzio can ask few members to act as mod and have higher access for a gold salary!

I agree with that. I know I'm on and off the forum through out the day every few minutes or so normally. Always have my phone on me haha. For one the 1st thing I would do is close and respond to every thread that is a copy of another.. And 2 try to keep the peace. 3 keep the non sense threads to a minimum. As in the pointless threads or polls that keep poping up. I think all non game related issues should be discussed in one thread, and that thread is the "where were you" thread. Which is a good thread.

Dreno33
05-30-2012, 11:01 AM
The same thing has happened to the CC forum with an influx of new players with attitudes and disrespect/disregard for the senior members and without a mod the senior members were forced to try and keep order but w/o legitimate authority and with no backup from funzio on a regular basis it devolved into a free for all atmosphere and now its just a dank pit of negativity which severely contributed to my decision to quit CC for good.

I know! Fricken Tony or Tiger or Santa or whatever the he/she 1 or 20 personality person(s) it may be. They (he/she) need an IP ban!

CAPT.GIN
05-30-2012, 11:18 AM
Here guys I'm gonna man up and instead of starting a new thread, I'm gonna post it on here... Sorry if I posted a lot of dumdum threads, an if it got any of you guys got mad then sorry for that... If you guys all hate me I understand, I'll just leave the threads if that's for the best....

- Gin, out

Luke7676
05-30-2012, 11:27 AM
Here guys I'm gonna man up and instead of starting a new thread, I'm gonna post it on here... Sorry if I posted a lot of dumdum threads, an if it got any of you guys got mad then sorry for that... If you guys all hate me I understand, I'll just leave the threads if that's for the best....

- Gin, out

Hey Gin. Nobody hates ya man. It's all good. We are just venting a bit. But nobody is pointing direct fingers at named ppl here. But just take it in strive. A lot of us need to calm the new thread posts down a bit and try to find a thread to post in that already talks about what we need to say. If not the. Post a new thread if it's not uncalled for.

JohnnyR
05-30-2012, 11:31 AM
Hey Gin. Nobody hates ya man. It's all good. We are just venting a bit. But nobody is pointing direct fingers at named ppl here. But just take it in strive. A lot of us need to calm the new thread posts down a bit and try to find a thread to post in that already talks about what we need to say. If not the. Post a new thread if it's not uncalled for.

100% agreed.

Gin, you provide quite a few grin worthy posts. I should comment more, you're one of my favorites here man.

Everson25
05-30-2012, 11:56 AM
Like many others said already. It's great to bring this subject to light. It's time to put order in our forum. There are many great suggestions are mentioned but now comes the hard bit, which means to put into practice but before that there some questions to be answered: 1. What is the best course? 2. When will they be able to be implemented? 3. How is gonna work? 4. Who will help or who will enforce the changes? Was mentioned a mod but would not be interesting a kind of committe? Anyway, whoever is the course its important we are heard by Funzio and supported by them. I love being part of forum and I just don't want to see those great suggestions die.

marebear
05-30-2012, 12:07 PM
Here guys I'm gonna man up and instead of starting a new thread, I'm gonna post it on here... Sorry if I posted a lot of dumdum threads, an if it got any of you guys got mad then sorry for that... If you guys all hate me I understand, I'll just leave the threads if that's for the best.... - Gin, outNo one wants you to leave : D

Aidan
05-30-2012, 12:39 PM

- Gin, out

Gin, GET BACK IN!
I dont want you out. (as per our pm)

@luke i disagree that all non serious post should only go to where were you thread. I like it when members post the funny thread like Cope's, Gin's, Draino's, Flan's and others.

It's just the redundant thread and newbies Qs need to be addressed. if we can find a way to compile all the FAQs and make it sticky, i think this will help reduce the number of Qs thread.

lanemondo
05-30-2012, 12:41 PM
Yeah go on, get lost Gin!

Only joking, I read all the posts and whilst some don't appeal so long as people are not selling dumps, what ever the hell that is (doesn't sound pleasant) I'm not too fussed.

We need moderators!!!

Aidan
05-30-2012, 12:44 PM
Yeah go on, get lost Gin!

Only joking, I read all the posts and whilst some don't appeal so long as people are not selling dumps, what ever the hell that is (doesn't sound pleasant) I'm not too fussed.

We need moderators!!!

But i like Mr Dumps. I think he's funny selling 'genuine live dumps'. Did you know tht he still use ICQ? Lolol

lanemondo
05-30-2012, 12:47 PM
But i like Mr Dumps. I think he's funny selling 'genuine live dumps'. Did you know tht he still use ICQ? Lolol

Haha Sorry, I might have started a pointless conversation this thread is all against! Lol

Scabbyfeet
05-30-2012, 12:49 PM
I agree with most if not all that has been said , unfortunately it would take a "team" effort between Funzio and it's members to take this forum back to a place where you can get game play advice and also have certain threads to chat and have a good laugh . I really feel Funzio doesn't give a rats a** about the forum , I mean think about it , if any of you ran a web site that got spammed by bogus credit card offers etc.. Wouldnt you go and delete it right away ? They come on maybe once a week if that and post a " 1 liner " at best . All the ideas of separate tabs , diff category's , sub sections , etc are all great ideas but lets not hold our breath!

Aidan
05-30-2012, 12:50 PM
Haha Sorry, I might have started a pointless conversation this thread is all against! Lol

You're right.... Forgive me priest for i have sinned

JMC
05-30-2012, 12:52 PM
This has been happening for so long in the form of posts in other peoples' threads, that i really didn't even notice. Did something just happen lately that made it much worse? Or is it just that now instead of destroying other threads, people are making their own completely useless threads?

lanemondo
05-30-2012, 12:57 PM
This has been happening for so long in the form of posts in other peoples' threads, that i really didn't even notice. Did something just happen lately that made it much worse? Or is it just that now instead of destroying other threads, people are making their own completely useless threads?

Every forum needs moderators. At present as far as I'm aware nobody can delete threads, duplication spam etc. what we need is volunteers which I know people on here would do. Perhaps funzio could pay in gold!

stricker
05-30-2012, 01:06 PM
I agree with most if not all that has been said , unfortunately it would take a "team" effort between Funzio and it's members to take this forum back to a place where you can get game play advice and also have certain threads to chat and have a good laugh . I really feel Funzio doesn't give a rats a** about the forum , I mean think about it , if any of you ran a web site that got spammed by bogus credit card offers etc.. Wouldnt you go and delete it right away ? They come on maybe once a week if that and post a " 1 liner " at best . All the ideas of separate tabs , diff category's , sub sections , etc are all great ideas but lets not hold our breath!

...i agree w/you on the 1st point about team effort scabby as long as no one builds a stricker cage over in the corner!!! lol

but on the point about funzio not giving a rats @$$ i'd have to disagree... they monitor the forums quiet while but give us a LOT of FREEDOMS because we have typically done a pretty good job of monitoring our own... if a member gets out of line... i.e. 4th R... he is tortured and flogged before allowed to join the fold again... or, just excommunicated...

the mods do a good job of deleting spam threads rather quickly too. for example... there have been 3 legit spam threads in the past 4-5 hours... and now those are gone!!! when we do start posting on legit spam threads, it becomes harder for the mods to catch and especially if no one is reporting them... so like it was said by WP in the OP... don't post on them.

...on the last point, Fizz worked hard to tailor the forums more to the way we have used/abused them, but as previously mentioned... the forum has changed with the increase in active members... which is whys we are where we are now... hashing out a revised order of enjoyable MW community forum etiquette!!!

(edit: Fizz even attempted to move our social chatter over to facebook/twitter because those have better tools in place to handle socialites like myself... the problem w/that was that this addicted gamer community didn't do facebook or give a tweet... epic fail... but great try!!! lol)

happy hunting scabbs, i've got a tube of antibiotic ointment if you need to borrow it!!! :P

Fifth Reich
05-30-2012, 01:16 PM
Have you noticed that a lot of the threads are complaining about things? MW is getting pretty old and it needs a MASSIVE update. The game's not that fun anymore and all you do is build an economy and attack.

Mcdoc
05-30-2012, 01:22 PM
Several of us have openly and privately volunteered to be moderators. If we had 3 or 4 dedicated, mature, likable forum members who just took on the job because they genuinely want to help the forums stay relevant - then I think most of the problems mentioned in the thread would be resolved. The problem is when someone who can't handle authority gets a little bit of power and they turn into part of the problem.

Anyway - there is lots of room for OT posts and even comical posts inside relevant threads - that's what gives the forum character and is entertaining :)

All in moderation :)

Scabbyfeet
05-30-2012, 01:25 PM
@ stricker ...I don't totally agree or disagree but most people in this thread are pleading for a mod , heck WP said he would do it ! That's got to tell you something .
People have been pleading for a sticky guide forever , that would hopefully cut down on some of the repeat posts . Does Funzio read it ? Ignore it? Or just not care ?
How long of a drive would it take me to meet you for the ointment ? :)

Copenhagen
05-30-2012, 01:26 PM
I completely agree withe the bulk of previous comments and that the forum would be much improved with a little more organization and filling the glaring need for a moderator. Ideally a moderator should have more behind the scenes dev info and authority than a forum member could provide. That being said, I do not see Funzio providing this, so the best alternative IMO would be to add posting guidelines to the forum rules sticky and manage, guide and direct new posters by committee. WP also has my blessing as the defacto moderator.

I would also offer the consideration that the increased volume in new posters is due to the fun atmosphere of the forum. These former lurkers have made the transition to posters, because they feel comfortable to speak up and contribute... This is a good thing. We just need some guideline and a nice way to police the integrity of the forum for all to enjoy.

I will be staying on this forum. I will consider the comments in this thread when making future posts. Take care.

Copenhagen
05-30-2012, 01:29 PM
Have you noticed that a lot of the threads are complaining about things? MW is getting pretty old and it needs a MASSIVE update. The game's not that fun anymore and all you do is build an economy and attack.

That is the point of the game, to build an economy so you can attack. I like it.

stricker
05-30-2012, 01:31 PM
people are born whining about stuff... no dif on mw boards since it came out last fall... so, you are missing the point 5th R.!!! ...now go get back in your anti-spam cage!!!

stricker
05-30-2012, 01:45 PM
Several of us have openly and privately volunteered to be moderators. If we had 3 or 4 dedicated, mature, likable forum members who just took on the job because they genuinely want to help the forums stay relevant - then I think most of the problems mentioned in the thread would be resolved. The problem is when someone who can't handle authority gets a little bit of power and they turn into part of the problem.
...i'm not for non-funzio member mods... and i seriously doubt funzio will ever consider taking on that risk in our sue happy culture...

...again, the mw members have been fairly good at self regulating. when the force becomes unbalanced, we all have one of these "come to Jesus moments" like this thread here!!!

Anyway - there is lots of room for OT posts and even comical posts inside relevant threads - that's what gives the forum character and is entertaining :)...thanks for not building me a cage in the corner McDoc, i think you are super man!

All in moderation :)LOLZ ...me!!! NEVER!!!

Aidan
05-30-2012, 01:49 PM
again, the mw members have been fairly good at self regulating. when the force becomes unbalanced, we all have one of these "come to Jesus moments" like this thread

I go to buggista thread when i need jesus....

Damit, i did it again. I spammed the anti spam thread.

War Priest
05-30-2012, 01:53 PM
Let's just quit these lame forums. Devs don't tell us anything but once a week anyways. :rolleyes:

stricker
05-30-2012, 01:55 PM
I go to buggista thread when i need jesus....

Damit, i did it again. I spammed the anti spam thread.
...you just march your butt right over to Priesty's confessional thread and don't come back until you've gotten it ALL out, Aidan!!!

(tol... we won't be seeing Aidan back here for a few months and so much for WP becoming a mod... WP might need a pinch hitter before he's done!!! whew... i feel for that fella...)

SeqWins
05-30-2012, 02:07 PM

Who are you to be judging when you were banned as Forth Reich yourself? And if your personal opinion is that the game is boring then leave because none of us are holding you back!but don't poison our threads with negativity!

I asked you a couple of days ago to make a thread apologizing to everybody for your actions you then turned around and made a pointless thread( one of the ones being mentioned here). You know what f all this I'm not going to point finger stuff, you suck! And you haven't contributed to the forum but jot a poll about Flan down!

Fix yourself......

I might no be the best poster/thread starter but I try to make threads fun that hopefully guide to a healthy discussion.

stricker
05-30-2012, 02:25 PM
@ stricker ...I don't totally agree or disagree but most people in this thread are pleading for a mod , heck WP said he would do it ! That's got to tell you something .
People have been pleading for a sticky guide forever , that would hopefully cut down on some of the repeat posts . Does Funzio read it ? Ignore it? Or just not care ?
How long of a drive would it take me to meet you for the ointment ? :)

...i agree with the FAQ or general gaming intro guide thingy sticky. but it needs to be done well... and, i actually think funzio would do a sticky for this if someone compiled a good (non-controversial) thread on this... (just a little salt in old wounds there... so apologizes 'you know whos')

if i had thought about it sooner, i would have thrown it up in the air when Kitty was flying over and she could have brought it up there to you!!! lol

Jadenlunar
05-30-2012, 02:29 PM
Where would it be appropriate to ask a question about something I cannot find in the nob booklet?
I just want to know if we can hit an individual player by ID number?

CAPT.GIN
05-30-2012, 02:32 PM
Who are you to be judging when you were banned as Forth Reich yourself? And if your personal opinion is that the game is boring then leave because none of us are holding you back!but don't poison our threads with negativity!

I asked you a couple of days ago to make a thread apologizing to everybody for your actions you then turned around and made a pointless thread( one of the ones being mentioned here). You know what f all this I'm not going to point finger stuff, you suck! And you haven't contributed to the forum but jot a poll about Flan down!

Fix yourself......

I might no be the best poster/thread starter but I try to make threads fun that hopefully guide to a healthy discussion.

Damn guys I tired to take a brake from the threads today but after I read this I had to voice my oppion lol... Me personally I think this is flan but I may be wrong so sorry flan if it's not you (see what your million accounts have done to me) anyways yea fifth or 4th whatever it is if your gonna post BS all the time then don't let the door hit you on the way out!!! We don't need people like you here!!!

Sia
05-30-2012, 02:36 PM
Now I see how people hijack threads! Very very artistic! Never thought you could change the thread subject so artistically! Impressed.

War Priest
05-30-2012, 02:38 PM
Now I see how people hijack threads! Very very artistic! Never thought you could change the thread subject so artistically! Impressed.

Damn beaches I know... :p

bigflan
05-30-2012, 03:33 PM
Threads are considered nonsense to you guys but some of them have to do with the game thus applying to the rules and not nonsense so if you guys don't like my mw threads they meet the requirements

Luke7676
05-30-2012, 03:55 PM
Threads are considered nonsense to you guys but some of them have to do with the game thus applying to the rules and not nonsense so if you guys don't like my mw threads they meet the requirements

They only meet the requirements (sometimes) the first thread.. But then comes a 2nd then a 3rd about the same ol' thing...

War Priest
05-30-2012, 03:57 PM
Flan, limit it to only 1 thread a day. Can you do that?

SeqWins
05-30-2012, 04:02 PM
I just looked at Flan's started threads and there's a lot of...

Random Poll #1
Random Poll# 2
Random Poll # 3

Big Flan's Unit idea
Big Flan's amazing idea
Big Flan's other idea
Flan's other amazing idea

Get it?

Warfiend
05-30-2012, 04:05 PM
Flan, limit it to only 1 thread a day. Can you do that?

Doubtful. If he can't stop himself from participating in events he supposedly hates, there is no way he could stop doing what he loves... attention whoring with threads.

Sugarwithspice
05-30-2012, 04:11 PM
Lol - long time camper and forum reader but a first time poster. Only read the first page of this thread and I agree. I needed info and actually opened an account and pm'd mcdoc directly yesterday - seemed like the best go-to guy. For a newb it takes forever to get the info you need. Yes, I know my question has been answered a thousand times but where is the answer? For every one question there are five buried threads with a lot of useless banter. "hey great thread - love it," "you should add this," and eventually "did you see the game last night?". Finally learned not to read past the first 2 pages, everything else is inside gossip. Highly entertained but not informed. Additionally, I've seen enough complaints about repeated questions that I contacted one individual directly rather that rattle the beehive with yet another thread. A streamlined section for advice senza banter would be fantabulous.

Sugarymama
05-30-2012, 04:34 PM
I know I'm late in responding to this (work was crazy today), and I read most of the posts under WP's topic, but I will admit I just couldn't read 11 pages of comments.

Based on what I have read, I do agree that the forum at times has gotten ridiculous, however as somone who has been posting for a while, I can see why some new members have started off acting that way. I have read threads some days that are just plain silly, but members who have become friends on the forum joke all day long. There is nothing wrong with that, but as a new person, I may be inclined to think that is how the forum goes.

Even threads that start off serious usually end up with jokes and silly banter. Again, nothing wrong with that, but it's easy to keep it light when you start to become familiar with others. And, let's be real; and the end of the day, we're talking about a game. How serious can it get?

Just because some senior members decide to have a thread that is for jokes/nonsense, nobody is running the show on here. If someone wants to come on and act like an ass, who are any of us to "discipline" that person? As long as he/she isn't offending anyone, or manipulating the forum to potentially hack players' accounts, then it's a free speech environment.

I think all the ideas of separating topic threads, where to post info vs. ideas, etc., are all great. But, if someone decides to put a joke in the middle of a "strategy" thread, what really can you do? It's just the nature of the beast as far as online forums go.

Sugarwithspice
05-30-2012, 05:36 PM
Ha! I'm a chatty Italian chic especially after a glass of wine ;) Love the banter and jokes! However, I'd like to see it compartmentalized. Perhaps kakao for chatters and forums for info. And someone to manage repeated threads. A joke or two is awesome but when an info thread reels off into 10 pages of nonsensical chatter it is disheartening. Especially after spending 20 minutes searching form a nugget of info and coming out with nothing but a good one liner for work the next day. Just saying ...

JMC
05-30-2012, 06:34 PM
I still don't get why L Fizzle refused to give you guys a Spam/Off-Topic sub section. "They can't be trusted" i believe she said. Well, what happens when there's no off-topic section? All the $hit gets mixed in with the rest of the content.

Sugarymama
05-30-2012, 06:37 PM
I still don't get why L Fizzle refused to give you guys a Spam/Off-Topic sub section. "They can't be trusted" i believe she said. Well, what happens when there's no off-topic section? All the $hit gets mixed in with the rest of the content.

I think because if there is a section labeled "spam" or anything remotely like that, then the jack a$$es will really come out of the woodwork. It's almost like they would be encouraging people to discuss nonsense..

Poopenshire
05-30-2012, 06:37 PM
Other than a single joke by CC Mark today, that's the first real comment (non-event related) in a long time I this game's forum. We don't even get event announcements anymore. This game is very much the redheaded step child of Funzio.

SeqWins
05-30-2012, 06:52 PM
You know what that pissed me off today, with so many things going on in the forum Marks time was used to make a joke instead of fixing things and all everybody can say was lol Mark you're the best and omg this made my day and Mark you're the greatest human Being ever!!!

If it pertains to you!! Then wear it! I'm saying the truth and you know it

Go cry to maternity if you're butthurt.

War Priest
05-30-2012, 06:59 PM
Where is the joke? I never saw it.

SeqWins
05-30-2012, 07:00 PM
http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?31359-How-do-you-figure-density-again

Hence how I told him in other words mate instead of cracking jokes you should do something to fix this community and everybody pretty much ignored and proceed to choke on his you know what...

And again if you're getting booty hurt by what I'm saying then deal with it....

CounterSniper
05-30-2012, 07:07 PM
You know what that pissed me off today, with so many things going on in the forum Marks time was used to make a joke instead of fixing things and all everybody can say was lol Mark you're the best and omg this made my day and Mark you're the greatest human Being ever!!!

If it pertains to you!! Then wear it! I'm saying the truth and you know it

Go cry to maternity if you're butthurt.

I must agree. This has been going on since day one. The sycophants think buttlicking the devs will give them an edge but the devs/mods should be buttlickin us, we're the customers, its not the other way around.

But hey, Im sure the funzio fanboys will now whine and cry about your post and my agreement. Tough.

I get pegged as having a bad attitude or being angry when its totally unwarrented, well its about time I start to show what its REALLY like when i display my attitude. No more Mr. Nice Guy (w/ a misleading avvy).

Corsair
05-30-2012, 07:08 PM
Other than a single joke by CC Mark today, that's the first real comment (non-event related) in a long time I this game's forum. We don't even get event announcements anymore. This game is very much the redheaded step child of Funzio.Yep. I think the whole 9th item fiasco put a real chill on things there. Things were still in a ramp up mode at that point, after that I think they started to see us as a bunch of whiners. And with KA coming out at the same time, the momentum changed, and hasn't been the same since.

Seq, you're killing me, lol. Glad I wasn't the only one who thought that one liner was lame. He could have answered the question and actually helped, but nah...

CounterSniper
05-30-2012, 07:13 PM
Its not just MW guys, they have abandoned all the forums.

Still no announcements about the new content in KA and no response about the PvP awards in CC or MW.

Its an all around slap in the face to the forums and their contributors and users alike.

Maybe they'll institute a pay to play system where you can actually get an answer if you pay 20 gold or whatever.

CAPT.GIN
05-30-2012, 07:21 PM
Its not just MW guys, they have abandoned all the forums.

Still no announcements about the new content in KA and no response about the PvP awards in CC or MW.

Its an all around slap in the face to the forums and their contributors and users alike.

Maybe they'll institute a pay to play system where you can actually get an answer if you pay 20 gold or whatever.

That's because there to busy counting all the money they made off of us!!!(not me though) an pi$$ing out all the wine and liquor and beer they bought for celebrating how much money there making off of us!!! Just saying, no offense funzio...

War Priest
05-30-2012, 07:24 PM
Gin, go create an account here:

http://modernwar.forummotion.com/ :D

JMC
05-30-2012, 07:25 PM
I think because if there is a section labeled "spam" or anything remotely like that, then the jack a$$es will really come out of the woodwork. It's almost like they would be encouraging people to discuss nonsense..

They will discuss nonsense regardless, but the majority of it would be in the spam section rather than the general section. Every forum i've ever seen tends to have a section like this and it works very well. People sometimes go off topic in regular threads, but they actively attempt to keep everything on topic and only make 1 or 2 comments unrelated to the thread.

On the other hand, people on this forum go off topic just about every post they make and continue to do so for about 5-10 pages on every single thread. I understand that people like to communicate and be friendly, but it ruins the content of a thread that someone might be going for to seek help. However they aren't entirely to blame, as there is no section for them to chat about random things.

If they won't do it, someone should just make an Off-Topic thread and everyone can try to keep the random chat in there.

Sugarymama
http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?31359-How-do-you-figure-density-again

Hence how I told him in other words mate instead of cracking jokes you should do something to fix this community and everybody pretty much ignored and proceed to choke on his you know what...

Why don't you tell us how you really feel...lol.

Seriously, I think the change in the forum over time (in addition to what I said earlier) is the comfort level has increased. This game, and forum is relatively new. But when people chat every single day, for hours at a time, people get relaxed and tend to be more open. Some people act downright stupid. But the silly behavior is all due to the comfort level. That, and the new members observing how existing members behave.

CAPT.GIN
Sure WP I will, but what's this, if you don't mind telling me?

War Priest
05-30-2012, 07:27 PM
Sure WP I will, but what's this, if you don't mind telling me?

Hassle and I threw a forum together so if it gets boring or annoying here, you can go there. :p

Sugarymama
05-30-2012, 07:29 PM
They will discuss nonsense regardless, but the majority of it would be in the spam section rather than the general section. Every forum i've ever seen tends to have a section like this and it works very well. People sometimes go off topic in regular threads, but they actively attempt to keep everything on topic and only make 1 or 2 comments unrelated to the thread.

On the other hand, people on this forum go off topic just about every post they make and continue to do so for about 5-10 pages on every single thread. I understand that people like to communicate and be friendly, but it ruins the content of a thread that someone might be going for to seek help. However they aren't entirely to blame, as there is no section for them to chat about random things.

If they won't do it, someone should just make an Off-Topic thread and everyone can try to keep the random chat in there.

I definitely agree with you, but I still think no matter what the topic, someone always manages to throw in a joke/stupidness and everything after that becomes jokes/silliness/stupidity as well. There are very few threads that stay on topic and maintain relevance throughout.

JMC
05-30-2012, 07:33 PM
I definitely agree with you, but I still think no matter what the topic, someone always manages to throw in a joke/stupidness and everything after that becomes jokes/silliness/stupidity as well. There are very few threads that stay on topic and maintain relevance throughout.

Yeah i know that, that's all that happens on these forums. That's the reason why if i post on a thread and i come back a few hours later to post again, i completely ignore the 5 pages of crap that accumulated over that time period.

What i'm saying though, is that that sort of thing doesn't really happen on other forums. Everyone tries to stay on topic, and if someone goes off topic, they at least try to put something related to the thread in that very same post. Normally the only spam filled threads are threads that are a joke in the first place.

This is mostly because of the off-topic and spam sections available to them. If they have these sections, they have no need to put their useless banter in other threads.

EDIT: Also partly due to active and respected (usually) members assigned as forum moderators. But the people themselves, self-moderate the forums and don't let things get out of hand.

Here i could go around telling people to get back on topic, but i'd probably have 6000+ posts if i did that.

Hassleham
05-30-2012, 07:43 PM

HA well said!

Edit:
Realised that was a bit pointless so heres the second part of my post:

Join this forum guys! http://modernwar.forummotion.com/
Theres a place for all the game info and a place to talk rubbish, it's perfect ^^

Jadenlunar
05-31-2012, 10:03 AM
Going back to SugarandSpice's comment about a question being buried in a thread.........Can anyone answer this for me please :)

Luke7676
05-31-2012, 03:49 PM
Bump, for some ppl that obviously have not read this yet..

Jadenlunar
05-31-2012, 04:00 PM
Original post #108

Where would it be appropriate to ask a question about something I cannot find in the nob booklet?

War Priest
05-31-2012, 04:01 PM
Original post #108

No, you cannot do that.

SeqWins
05-31-2012, 04:01 PM
No you cannot hit an individual player by ID number!

CAPT.GIN
05-31-2012, 04:31 PM
Original post #108

What's wrong got farmed bad?

Jadenlunar
05-31-2012, 05:03 PM
LOL....something like that :)

Thanks you all for your helpful responses!