PDA

View Full Version : 60/175 gold for crates are here to stay!!!

Babytway
05-30-2012, 01:10 AM
for those gold spenders out there hoping that was a one time thing looks like those prices are now the new norm. better be glad you glitched them first sets of crates when you could. all those who didn't i bet you kicking your self in the arse.

p.s. my bum is sore now

dudeman
05-30-2012, 01:34 AM
I think the last two sets of crates cost more because they had/have explosives. Just my guess, but it seems like something Funzio would do. They probably noticed with the red crates that had the RGD Grenade that people bought more. There were probably several reasons for that, but I think the non-consumable explosive played an important role.

Hank
05-30-2012, 01:46 AM
I dont think the price hike had anything to do with explosives. The red steele crates had GGD grenades and those only cost 145. Funzio is just trying to make more money. One day, crates will be like 300g for 3 and we'll look back and be like, 'wow, i can't believe crates only cost 175 at one point!' but yeah, now that the prices are 175, it really stings when you get a set 3 common items, which i tend to get

Hank
05-30-2012, 01:47 AM
p.s. My bum is sore now

thats what she said

dudeman
05-30-2012, 02:52 AM
I dont think the price hike had anything to do with explosives. The red steele crates had GGD grenades and those only cost 145. Funzio is just trying to make more money. One day, crates will be like 300g for 3 and we'll look back and be like, 'wow, i can't believe crates only cost 175 at one point!' but yeah, now that the prices are 175, it really stings when you get a set 3 common items, which i tend to get

I see your point, and I already considered that. The red steel crates were quite the experiment. The RGD Grenade was the first explosive to ever be seen as a crate item, there was the super rare yet common Hardened Shotgun complete with bonus skill points, and then there was the drop rate adjustment coinciding with a gold sale. That's too much at once for me to believe it was a coincidence, and to prove that, the new sets of crates since have all feature something interesting like explosives, drop rate adjustments, and a price increase which I still believe is tied to there being explosives in these crates.

Behzat
05-30-2012, 02:53 AM
Hmm i think u arent a gold spender.Anyway its impossible for me to agree you because Funzio cant do anthing like that.10 gold price increase in the crates got soo much bad reactions about Funzios management.your prices are unrealistic because if they try to increase more most of the gold spenders like me will stop buying even quit the game.im gold spender and i will quit the game if anything like that happens because ps3 games are even cheaper for me now if they try to increase the prices more they will loose many customers like me.i dont think Funzio can be that much mad because they will have to forget the villas they plan to buy with our money :)

Hank
05-30-2012, 03:16 AM
Hmm i think u arent a gold spender.Anyway its impossible for me to agree you because Funzio cant do anthing like that.10 gold price increase in the crates got soo much bad reactions about Funzios management.your prices are unrealistic because if they try to increase more most of the gold spenders like me will stop buying even quit the game.im gold spender and i will quit the game if anything like that happens because ps3 games are even cheaper for me now if they try to increase the prices more they will loose many customers like me.i dont think Funzio can be that much mad because they will have to forget the villas they plan to buy with our money :)

Well, I can say that I like your optimism. With the greed that funzio has desplayed, its easy for me to believe that they can further raise the prices of crates, or anything else in the game for that matter. Like you, I hope they don't. But I refuse to be that naive. I was sort of exagerating with 300g, my point was that it is much more likely for crate prices to go up, than go back down.

I'd hope dudeman is right, and that the price increase is linked to there being explosives, only time will tell.

DenZ1
05-30-2012, 04:31 AM
Agreed. What is really retarded as well is the fact that those people who used the glitch and bought TONS of first crates sets at just 50 gold still have them. Ridiculous. And we have to pay 175 now for something they got for peanuts. I demand an adjustment :) Anybody else thinks it's was a "fair" move?

Aid
05-30-2012, 04:44 AM
Agreed. What is really retarded as well is the fact that those people who used the glitch and bought TONS of first crates sets at just 50 gold still have them. Ridiculous. And we have to pay 175 now for something they got for peanuts. I demand an adjustment :) Anybody else thinks it's was a "fair" move?

They will never lose those items, nor will the items be nerfed, way too many took advantage and if you read other players walls you will even see instructions on how to do get the cheaper price...and I am sure tosh thinking happened to those players either.
I don't think Funzio is even concerned with fair, they have what appears to be an explosion of cheats and nothing is being done there either.

mongorie
05-30-2012, 04:49 AM
I remember when crates werent available and everyone had stats less than 100k
Those were the good old times!

BOS
05-30-2012, 05:23 AM
Crates will not go back down. KA just gave me a pop-up with the same crate pricing as MW and CC. Oh well...

Babytway
05-30-2012, 07:54 AM
just wait in another couple weeks crates goin to be 180 gold wtih 2% increase of rare item but it will be rig that no one will get the rare item.

DenZ1
05-30-2012, 08:00 AM
just wait in another couple weeks crates goin to be 180 gold wtih 2% increase of rare item but it will be rig that no one will get the rare item.

For me rate were actually WAY worse then normal crates before. People still buying them unfortunately... (including me :) )

Yahkin
05-30-2012, 08:14 AM
The right price is what the market will bear. Clearly they are still selling crates at the new prices or they would have dropped them back down.

And Aid...people said they would never nerf the M41A too. :)

Babytway
05-30-2012, 08:28 AM
The right price is what the market will bear. Clearly they are still selling crates at the new prices or they would have dropped them back down.

And Aid...people said they would never nerf the M41A too. :)

lol, well i remember reading a thread where CC Mark said the M4A1 will never go away,

Rhino72
05-30-2012, 08:30 AM
lol, well i remember reading a thread where CC Mark said the M4A1 will never go away,

It hasn't :-) (You just can't get them anymore)

Behzat
05-30-2012, 09:13 AM
Ok i dont think the price will go down but if they try to raise the price again many people will give bad reactions and will stop buying even quit the game.As i said before my ps3 games are cheaper according to this jpeg game so many people can quit the game.Yes i love this game but i love my money more if it starts to destroy my wallet more i will have to decide quitting the game sadly for my wallet and for my life and im sure i wont be the only one.im sure Funzio wont risk to loose more customers for a few dollars because if people like me quits the money they loose will be more than they earn from the price increase.i mean maybe they earn a few dollars more but if people quits the game or stop buying they will loose so much money.Even they reduce the price people will think they are robber and wont respect Funzio anymore.Because instead of reducing the price they wouldnt try to rob us more.Even some people quit the game for M4A1s it will be easier to quit for our real money.

Babytway
05-30-2012, 09:28 AM
yah the same people that said they wouldnt buy the last set of crates for 175g ended up getting some anyway....so if price goes up again people will still buy and maybe less than 1% will actually quit over crate prices. others will just say they are quitting or they will say they are not buying gold and just vent away with threads about it. but in the end they will buying gold again in the near future. So people will talk the talk but will almost never walk the walk

edit: and don't forgot my favorite thread one or two will threaten a lawsuit.

MaddSkillz
05-30-2012, 09:54 AM
If they made the gold and crates more affordable then I think their sales will increase ten fold. The prices are truly unreasonable. There are two reasons why I bought gold.
1. I have disposable income and can afford to purchase gold(as long as my wife does not find out)
2. They had a 20% off sale. I'm cheap and want to get more bang for my buck.

If the price keeps going up or they stop having sales I def would not buy anymore gold. Especially since I only use the gold to buy crates and the occasional event box open.

Babytway
05-30-2012, 10:06 AM
If they made the gold and crates more affordable then I think their sales will increase ten fold. The prices are truly unreasonable. There are two reasons why I bought gold.
1. I have disposable income and can afford to purchase gold(as long as my wife does not find out)

If the price keeps going up or they stop having sales I def would not buy anymore gold. Especially since I only use the gold to buy crates and the occasional event box open.

i just called your wife Mister, you're gonna get it.

Rhino72
05-30-2012, 10:07 AM

Does that mean he is married to a dude? :-)

sexkitteh
05-30-2012, 10:09 AM

Everyone eventually I think will "finish" the game... and those players will eventually stop playing... and replaced by a new set of players.

This is a "never ending game".

True.

However the end of this game will be when new hardware (which seems to hit the market way to fast) can support better graphics and therefore new games... There will be new games around the corner that will be better than Crime City... either put out there by Funzio or other companies...

This has happened historically since video games came out...

You guys speak like this is the game you have chosen to play for life lol

Hank
05-30-2012, 10:13 AM

Lowering the price of gold would be good for the casual person that wants to spend a modest amount on gold, but would be disasterous for the "free player" who doesn't spend any gold. Think about it, if gold were like $10 a vault, most causal players could get like stats to like 60K after not too long. Then the hardcore spenders would still spend the same amount that they currently are and after a while have stats around 500K. Meanwhile, the average joe who didn't spend any money would be crushed, with no chance. It would be way more unblanced than it is now.

Also, i agree with babytway, people get addicted to this game, if funzio raised prices people would just piss and moan, maybe take a break but then when the next event comes out they'll buy another vault. As long as funzio is still selling gold, prices won't go down.

DenZ1
05-30-2012, 10:14 AM
yah the same people that said they wouldnt buy the last set of crates for 175g ended up getting some anyway....so if price goes up again people will still buy and maybe less than 1% will actually quit over crate prices. others will just say they are quitting or they will say they are not buying gold and just vent away with threads about it. but in the end they will buying gold again in the near future. So people will talk the talk but will almost never walk the walk

Yeah. Those people got iTunes cards on sale and then gold on sale. :) The only reason why they are still buying :)

Hank
05-30-2012, 10:17 AM
rite on kitteh, thats why i don't get campers who have a 5 year sucess plan

sexkitteh
05-30-2012, 10:19 AM
rite on kitteh, thats why i don't get campers who have a 5 year sucess plan

Yeah... once I wrapped my brain around it... I decided to not camp so much lol

Babytway
05-30-2012, 10:21 AM
Whatever the reason players are buying gold the numbers still make that Ka-ching sound for funzio and make them raise prices.

sexkitteh
05-30-2012, 10:28 AM
Whatever the reason players are buying gold the numbers still make that Ka-ching sound for funzio and make them raise prices.

Well maybe they are raising the price so that they can build a fund to hire techs to support this game while the get new techs to develop new games????

That's what business does... they don't build up money to pocket it... cause they would fail... that's business 101...

The people that made the real money (most likely) are the ones that sold Funzio and have probably now detached from the company...

Look at blizzard - a simple game like wow... with millions of ACTIVE monthly subscriptions charging over 10bucks a MONTH!.... they don't pocket it... they grow... give people jobs... etc...

Rhino72
05-30-2012, 10:32 AM
Yeah. Those people got iTunes cards on sale and then gold on sale. :) The only reason why they are still buying :)

Wow best idea I have seen posted in ages. Thanks Denz I am going to look into this.

Burn
05-30-2012, 11:41 AM
You vote with your wallet. That is the only truth.

If Funzio see a major downturn in sales, the price will revert.

Against my better judgement, I bought some at 175 because I already had Gold on hand - I'm by nature impatient and impulsive - but even with those dual defects I haven't bought any new ones since.

But how good are the new ones, I may cave in ;)

Bottom line, votes with your wallet count for something, votes made by keyboard whining count for sh!t. aka If you whine but still buy, you deserve all the price hikes that Funzio can throw at you - because you are then part of the problem, not part of the solution.

Separately, the race to occupy the higher places on the recent Black Widow Top 500 list was also very telling (and a little weird in some ways) as some people are clearly not buying Gold per se, what they are attempting to buy is status within the game community. Now that can get very expensive. Very quickly.

MaddSkillz
05-30-2012, 12:04 PM
This is why I keep buying gold and crates wisely. They give you the good stuff then leave you wanting more. Its video game crack at its finest. I think its a setup...they may be smarter than we give them credit for.

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a370/Kortnilovesu/photo2-2.png
http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a370/Kortnilovesu/photo1-2.png

Edit: The second photo is from the last set of creates, which prompted today's crate purchase.

Behzat
05-30-2012, 12:15 PM

No i dont think so because everyone has a limit about their wallet and if this limit passes most of the people will stop buying even quit.Oh btw quitting is worse to Funzio because for example if i quit or someone like me will cost Funzio thousands of dollars to Funzio not a few dollars.While they are trying to make 10 more gold per crate they will loose thousand dollars customers believe me its not worth for it.So they must slow down as i said before everyone has a limit of their wallets.

Maddskillz wow u are too lucky i cant find 2 epics or uncommons together i always open commons :( Crates are not that much good to me.You are really lucky but it doesnt show crates are good to buy it shows you are lucky :) i never opened like that

MaddSkillz
05-30-2012, 12:17 PM

By the way. My wife just called me...my dog is going to have some company outside for a while. Thanks Babytway LOL

Rhino72
05-30-2012, 01:07 PM
You vote with your wallet. That is the only truth.

If Funzio see a major downturn in sales, the price will revert.

Against my better judgement, I bought some at 175 because I already had Gold on hand - I'm by nature impatient and impulsive - but even with those dual defects I haven't bought any new ones since.

But how good are the new ones, I may cave in ;)

Bottom line, votes with your wallet count for something, votes made by keyboard whining count for sh!t. aka If you whine but still buy, you deserve all the price hikes that Funzio can throw at you - because you are then part of the problem, not part of the solution.

Separately, the race to occupy the higher places on the recent Black Widow Top 500 list was also very telling (and a little weird in some ways) as some people are clearly not buying Gold per se, what they are attempting to buy is status within the game community. Now that can get very expensive. Very quickly.

Nothing like the common explosive to be disappointed with. These new crates are very nice indeed. When is the next gold sale?

pluxfan2
05-30-2012, 01:18 PM
Denz1 you are wrong. There was no glitch with the crate prices, Funzio got the pricing wrong and rectified the mistake almost immediately. I spent 500 gold for 10 crates and I had no idea they were gonna change the price to 145g the next day. Don't blame players for taking advantage of the price, they did not cheat.

I think these crates have some of the best items so far, well done Funzio, keep up the good work.

Rhino72
05-30-2012, 01:22 PM
Denz1 you are wrong. There was no glitch with the crate prices, Funzio got the pricing wrong and rectified the mistake almost immediately. I spent 500 gold for 10 crates and I had no idea they were gonna change the price to 145g the next day. Don't blame players for taking advantage of the price, they did not cheat.

I think these crates have some of the best items so far, well done Funzio, keep up the good work.

Some players took advantage of the price and other players were able to keep taking advantage of the prices after the prices were corrected. You sound like you did it the right way and many others figured out a way to keep paying the 45g for 3.

DenZ1
05-30-2012, 01:25 PM

I am not. They did fix it immediately by update, but I know some and a lot has been restoring an app to prior version to get the thing going until it was fixed permanently. And that is exploiting 101 which is against policy. Therefore I ain't blaming you, but there were others.

DenZ1
05-30-2012, 01:26 PM
Some players took advantage of the price and other players were able to keep taking advantage of the prices after the prices were corrected. You sound like you did it the right way and many others figured out a way to keep paying the 45g for 3.

Beat me to it :)

Behzat
05-30-2012, 01:30 PM

45 gold per 3??wow i didnt know that.was it a bug or something or Funzio did it like that?

pluxfan2
05-30-2012, 01:31 PM
Ok sorry guys, wasnt aware of that. I have seen some players with ridiculous amounts of rare items from the first crates.

DenZ1
05-30-2012, 01:33 PM
Ok sorry guys, wasnt aware of that. I have seen some players with ridiculous amounts of rare items from the first crates.

Now you would know their names :)

And there are quite a bit of them.

Rhino72
05-30-2012, 01:58 PM

No worries PF2, I was in the same boat as you a few months ago thinking that all of the players that loaded up in the first set of crates did exactly what you did. I think it was Babytway who set me straight and told me what went down.

pluxfan2
05-30-2012, 02:16 PM
Cheers Rhino. This is the first thing I have heard this, this is digusting and unfair.

Babytway
05-30-2012, 02:20 PM
that wasnt the worst part of that, the worst part was right in the middle on that is when they got rid of the M4A1 and claimed they got rid of it because the stats were wrong and were making the game unbalanced for players who massed lots of them. but the glitched crates that was goin on at the time was making the game way more unbalanced than the M4s that what got me mad about the situation. and the reason they gave that they couldnt removed the crates items was because gold was involved even though they didn't pay the correct price to them it didn't seem to matter

pluxfan2
05-30-2012, 02:27 PM
The solution to the problem is in 2 steps.

A. Remove the items from those players and refund the gold that was spent. This will be easy for Funzio as they will have an audit trail of time and money spent so they can work out when the exploit took place.
B. Return all M4A1's (I have 206 of them) to rusty M4A1 to make it a "bit fairer" to new players and everyone concerned

Alice
05-30-2012, 02:44 PM
Hey Babytway, sorry to go off topic but this is what I've got:D
http://i1144.photobucket.com/albums/o491/xiaoyinji/IMG_00721.png

Plux
05-30-2012, 03:03 PM
I'm disgusted at the Glitch cheats, I didn't know that the re-install of the older version occurred that's pre-meditated and deliberate. Those players would spend gold to disuade Funzio from taking action over time in a more concerted way in the knowledge as a customer your more valued and revenues would be punished. I agree with points a and b they are mutual and restore pure balance. I won't comment again on this but I am disgusted, play fair people please don't tarnish this wonderful game! You know who you are! Volunteer option a) to Funzio please.

Babytway
05-30-2012, 03:17 PM
The solution to the problem is in 2 steps.

A. Remove the items from those players and refund the gold that was spent. This will be easy for Funzio as they will have an audit trail of time and money spent so they can work out when the exploit took place.
B. Return all M4A1's (I have 206 of them) to rusty M4A1 to make it a "bit fairer" to new players and everyone concerned

submit a ticket on that and let me know what they tell you.

@Alice first time i ever seen you on my rivals list and thats way better than leaving a comment.

joaquim
05-30-2012, 03:18 PM
Hey Babytway, sorry to go off topic but this is what I've got:D
http://i1144.photobucket.com/albums/o491/xiaoyinji/IMG_00721.png

Make Babytway sleep with the fishes! lmao

pluxfan2
05-30-2012, 03:41 PM
will do babytway only on the first point though, the second one will be a pointless exercise. I will pm you with the outcome

regards

DenZ1
05-30-2012, 04:18 PM
will do babytway only on the first point though, the second one will be a pointless exercise. I will pm you with the outcome

regards

I would be interested to know as well ;)

DenZ1
05-30-2012, 04:25 PM
This is why I keep buying gold and crates wisely. They give you the good stuff then leave you wanting more. Its video game crack at its finest. I think its a setup...they may be smarter than we give them credit for.

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a370/Kortnilovesu/photo2-2.png
http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a370/Kortnilovesu/photo1-2.png

Edit: The second photo is from the last set of creates, which prompted today's crate purchase.

Sometimes you do get lucky..
http://s1144.photobucket.com/albums/o498/dezolo/295a302b.jpg

MaddSkillz
05-30-2012, 05:08 PM
Don't tempt me to try my luck again

Vince the Fist
05-30-2012, 05:22 PM
[QUOTE=MaddSkillz;249658] There are two reasons why I bought gold.
QUOTE]

LOL! "As long as my wife doesn't find out". That's hilarious. Doubly funny because my wife does not know about this habit either. I justify it to myself by saying it's much cheaper to play CC than go and buy a new BMW. Boys must have their toys, and deriving entertainment from CC is much cheaper and kinder to the environment. Everybody wins! (except Bayerische Motoren Werke).

And on topic, I think the 175 gold is worth it in exchange for having a 40% chance of rare/uncommon items.

DenZ1
05-30-2012, 05:51 PM
[QUOTE=MaddSkillz;249658] There are two reasons why I bought gold.
QUOTE]

LOL! "As long as my wife doesn't find out". That's hilarious. Doubly funny because my wife does not know about this habit eoither. I justify it to myself by saying it's much cheaper to play CC than go and buy a new BMW. Isn't that sad on so many levels? But I give up, boys must have their toys, and deriving entertainment from CC is much cheaper and kinder to the environment. Everybody wins! (except Bayerische Motoren Werke).

And on topic, I think the 175 gold is worth it in exchange for having a 40% chance of rare/uncommon items.

I thought I was the only one buying some gold on a side. :)

DenZ1
05-30-2012, 05:53 PM
Don't tempt me to try my luck again

But others you don't. I had 7 commons and an uncommon in a row.

MaddSkillz
05-30-2012, 08:50 PM
I bought another set and ended up getting the briefcase bomb, one uncommon and one common. Im telling you it's like crack. I need more the high only lasted for 30 min.

And what momma don't know wont hurt her. As long as she and the. Baby have a cool place to sleep and good food to eat.