PDA

View Full Version : Beta items?

procsyzarc
05-29-2012, 09:16 PM
Came across a player the other day that had two helmet looking armour pieces which had +/- 200 attack and 390 def they weren’t gold items and no create items has ever been that powerful, he also had a few of a cars with 300+ attack which again weren’t gold nor event items and again I don’t think a create item has been that high as well as a few other items with around 100-250 on each attack and defence that I have never seen before but on these I can’t rule out create items.

He wasn’t a big gold spender since I still had 14k more attack than his defence so are these items from beta?

Of course I need to point out again what bull**** it is to have beta players on the same server as live players but that is a different topic

Euchred
05-29-2012, 09:30 PM
Ask Ghost ///

dudeman
05-29-2012, 09:44 PM
I have a feeling you're talking about a player who's name starts with the letter "L" and rhymes with the word "æon".

I'm pretty sure the mechanized guard (helmet-looking armor item) is from beta, and so are a lot of that player's other items. From what I understand, there was a significant screw up regarding scratchers in the beta version and people were getting one every ten minutes instead of the intended one per day. That's just hearsay, and if I comment any further it would be pointless speculation.

procsyzarc
05-30-2012, 12:25 AM
Not too worried if there was a screw up or not since with funzio that's the norm. Just wondering if they are beta items since they were a lot more powerful than anything we have seen to date.

Rhino72
05-30-2012, 07:38 AM
Not too worried if there was a screw up or not since with funzio that's the norm. Just wondering if they are beta items since they were a lot more powerful than anything we have seen to date.

Beta items from the Scratcher testing. Don't hold your breath about it getting taken away. Supposedly Beta testers were supposed to test, find glitches, report and then abuse the *##@ out of the glitch to take advantage of those mighty powerful items. Don't worry they spent gold so they feel they are entitled and they took one for all of the CC players. If you think the items will be taken away out of prod and they will get the gold for each item refunded (sounds reasonable), keep dreaming because they probably thought about past issues and made a calculated decision that they would be in the clear. I am sure a few Beta testers have argued to say "wait a second, for all the gold I spent I didn't get an item so you can't just replace items with gold". Anyway, the more you look at people with these items you can clearly see a disparity where it makes you assume some testers did a good job at finding the issue and showing restraint while others did whatever they could to abuse the problem after they figured it out. Sure Funzio is at fault for being able to allow these items into the production environment but we should still hold the people that were asked to help test accountable.

Dipstik
05-30-2012, 07:45 AM
I filed a ticket for one person who bragged on forum about abusing the hell out of the bug he found while beta testing (which is the purpose of beta testing) because he hoped/knew/believed he would be able to keep the items once the beta was over (kind of the opposite of the purpose of beta testing). I'm reserving judgment on other beta testers with a bajillion fantastic items because for all I know they might have all sent funzio an email with an itemized list of the items that should be taken away right after the developers fix all the bugs, get the scratchers live, and catch up on all the other cheaters/etc. that they are supposed to be taking care of.

It would be silly of me to ASSUME without further evidence that they are actually trying to keep the items when an HONEST beta tester isn't even supposed to be talking about the beta or answering any "accusations" against them from people who can obviously see their inventories. For now I give them the benefit of the doubt and assume they are all honest and expecting the items to be removed because that's what a non-cheater would do.

DenZ1
05-30-2012, 07:46 AM
Beta items from the Scratcher testing. Don't hold your breath about it getting taken away. Supposedly Beta testers were supposed to test, find glitches, report and then abuse the *##@ out of the glitch to take advantage of those mighty powerful items. Don't worry they spent gold so they feel they are entitled and they took one for all of the CC players. If you think the items will be taken away out of prod and they will get the gold for each item refunded (sounds reasonable), keep dreaming because they probably thought about past issues and made a calculated decision that they would be in the clear. I am sure a few Beta testers have argued to say "wait a second, for all the gold I spent I didn't get an item so you can't just replace items with gold". Anyway, the more you look at people with these items you can clearly see a disparity where it makes you assume some testers did a good job at finding the issue and showing restraint while others did whatever they could to abuse the problem after they figured it out. Sure Funzio is at fault for being able to allow these items into the production environment but we should still hold the people that were asked to help test accountable.

They've done pretty ****ty job finding money glitch :) (I know, I know.. it would be pretty hard to catch this one).