PDA

View Full Version : Strategy questions

Funkey monkey
05-29-2012, 06:09 PM
This is my first strategy game and enjoying it. I’ve read several of the guides but have some questions. I learned from each of Ghost, superdad and Freekizh's guides. I appreciate the time you each put in to helping us newbies.

It’s been a week since I’ve been attacked. Can someone confirm whether or not you lose units when someone attacks you?

I’m at level 18 with 79 allies using Berserkers 11/7 and Centurions 10/12. For those at a higher level, at what point did you switch to a higher-end unit like 23/21? I would use them now if it wasn’t for the causalities and cost to replace.

Have you noticed any sweet spots for PVP for users with large un-vaulted cash? People have to save up for the higher level unit buildings. What level and ally count have you found sweets spots?

Freekizh
05-29-2012, 06:22 PM
Yes you can lose units if someone attacks you. It's a dice roll.

I consider 21/23 a mid range unit, and generally don't like to use them. Stay low end as long as you can. I would keep on using the berserkers over the centurions if you PvP a lot.

I don't know where the pvp sweet spot is, but it's not near max allies :) I think a lot of guys stay low allied to hide.

I usually just hunt my newsfeed.

el_gringo
05-29-2012, 06:35 PM
I'm at lv 24 and haven't bothered upgrading my infantry to the point where I can get beserkers, went from buying stuff across the board in the 6-10 region to now just upgrading my beasts and machines and relying on the mid range units there.

As for sweet spots, not really. I'm allying up abut 10-14 allies below the honor goal levels. My pvp profit comes mainly from raiding silos and leatherworkers and the real cash cow, attacking campers who are just below their next land expansion.

Does anyone know the deal with how long it takes before you can attack someone again after they are too weak to continue fighting? I kept checking back for hours on this guy who still had about 25k unvaulted after my attacks the other day, but no more joy.

el_gringo
05-29-2012, 06:41 PM
I don't know where the pvp sweet spot is, but it's not near max allies :) I think a lot of guys stay low allied to hide.

Yeah the other things with low allies are;

- gem purchases count more. If you only have a couple of allies and you come across someone thats invested 100 euros, you will get flattened as a free player.

- You'll come across people more interested in the PVE aspect of the game who've invested all skill points in defense and hero points, and are probably further along in level mastery and the extra skill points and indestructible units obtained this way.
so I'd stay away from lower allies.

I'd suspect that there is easy pickings to be made in higher ally levels at level 10-30 - lots of people who haven't quite figured out how to play exactly and are bringing 500 units into battle but only 300 pieces of weaponry/armour.

Funkey monkey
05-30-2012, 04:24 PM
I have a couple more questions. Now that the loot values have dropped, how does that change your strategy? I have been investing in hero strength for farming. Should I switch to something else in the future? I'm at level 18 and don't have any high value 25 weapons or armor. Do the high value weapons appear now on the new later maps? I saw the post about a possible event coming. Can you help me understand what a typical event involves? What should I do to prepare for an event?

Freekizh
05-30-2012, 06:13 PM
I have a couple more questions. Now that the loot values have dropped, how does that change your strategy? I have been investing in hero strength for farming. Should I switch to something else in the future? I'm at level 18 and don't have any high value 25 weapons or armor. Do the high value weapons appear now on the new later maps? I saw the post about a possible event coming. Can you help me understand what a typical event involves? What should I do to prepare for an event?

I don't really see things changing that much fundamentally, except those with a strong economy can do some catching up now.

Here is a useful MW thread on skill point allocation for events.

http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?30909-New-Skill-Point-Goals-amp-Assignments

Make sure you do plenty of PvP so you can understand what to expect. Players with CC and MW experience have already logged on thousands if not tens of thousands of PvP attack experience. The only difference is that people on KA may not have their army ready for this event whereas they have months of groundwork in CC and MW.

In the last event, those with 2000+ wins won, so you need to sample how many attacks you need to do for that many wins over 4-5 days, and estimate the casualties specific to your army build.

So my guess is that many folks won't have a good economy to sustain casualties, but will rely on pvp and hero strength for cash. So keep everything vaulted, and prepare for units losses from attacks.