PDA

View Full Version : Strategy for this last PVP event

Sasha54
05-29-2012, 11:56 AM
So this was the first of it's kind I think.

When I saw the initial rules I was pretty sure that at my level and with only a stamina max of 27 that I would not be able to make the cut - so I didn't bother to participate. I also didn't want to use gold and it seemed to me that would be the only way to get into the final 500. Especially since some players have stamina levels of 100 I think.

Now I feel that I should have at least tried and so for future events I would be interested if any of you would share your strategy.

For instance - what is your current stamina, did you use gold for stamina refills, did you play 24/7 (i.e. foregoing work/sleep/food/sex....lol) etc. etc.

I think a lot of low to mid-level players just felt they wouldn't have a fighting chance at all on this.

thanks guys..........

BOS
05-29-2012, 12:01 PM
I have 74 stamina, so I kept my bar empty during the day. I have a 2.5 year old that has been waking up lately around 3am, so I would put baby down and empty stamina. Wake up @ 7 and empty my stamina again. Not really any different than I usually play. I finished @ #100 (with 7 resets throughout as I had time). Babytway did it with 32 stamina and no gold resets.

Dravak
05-29-2012, 12:03 PM
Isn't part of gaming , finding out a strategy that works ?
And overcoming defeatisme , if I type out the formula and explain everything in details .

Wouldn't that raises the gold prices and competitor for next event , and the bar keeps going up ?

Sir Daniel
05-29-2012, 12:10 PM
50 Stamina
Day 1 and 4 just emptied all available stamina (while at work)
Day 2 and 3 spent somewhere around 500-600 gold on refills, levelled 6 times and ensured all stamina used.
Stopped for 8ish hours each night.
Ended up no 8.

BeniBugatti
05-29-2012, 12:11 PM
And overcoming defeatisme , if I type out the formula and explain everything in details .

Wouldn't that raises the gold prices and competitor for next event , and the bar keeps going up ?

Only if a large portion of users are reading the forums.

Bruce_law
05-29-2012, 12:12 PM
people with 10 ~ 30 stamina still got the event prize if im not wrong.

Ramshutu
05-29-2012, 12:12 PM
I did not max out any stamina From Friday at 1pm - 2am, Saturday 8am to 2am, Sunday 8am to 12am and Monday am and 7pm to 12am.

I have 50 stamina, which takes, approximately 2.5 hours to recharge. To be honest, the above was pretty normal and I thought I hadn't got a chance. On Sunday 10am PST (7pm uk) I came up at 423, so dumped in 24 stamina recharges that took me up to 95.

Dravak
05-29-2012, 12:14 PM
Only if a large portion of users are reading the forums.

And I know a large portion of the users are reading the forums , even if they don't sign up .
Most of them read and share the ingame knowledge , if people ask them .

Hence the low numbers of new crates purchased , while most have the weekly old crates .
This one is so easy to figure out , really easy .
Use a bit of brainpower , and anybody can figure a strategy of there own .
Instead of all using the same gold route .

dudeman
05-29-2012, 12:17 PM
I think there was a lot of misconceptions going into the new PvP tournament event.

People wrongly assumed a lot of things, like you need a huge stamina bar or that the event was only designed for the HL players.

Stamina regenerates at the same rate for all players, with the exception of 10% faster for Goodfellas and Enforcers, so the size of your stamina bar is not a huge factor. It does come into play, but I'm getting to that.

There are two occasions on which your stamina bar matters, and from what I can tell, not more than those two occasions. Firstly, sleep refills. A larger capacity stamina bar will allow you to be away from the game for longer without having your stamina refill. That applies for sleeping, going out/away from your iPad/device, whatever. The second and possibly most important factor regarding maximum stamina is level refills.

Comparing LL vs HL, neither is at a great advantage over the other as far as I can see. Yes, HL players have had more opportunity to invest skill points into stamina, but look at the bigger picture. Level refills are very important if you plan to play for free, and at the HLs it takes thousands upon thousands of XP to gain ONE level. That means one level refill for 10k (or more) XP. At the lower levels you may have a smaller capacity stamina bar, but for 10k XP how many times are you going to get a free refill? A lot more than the ONE refill a HL player gets, guaranteed. And if you are at level 200, you just don't get ANY free refills. How's that for "designed for the HL players"?

I think the Itchy and Scratchy method works best for a PvP tournament: Fight, and fight, and fight and fight and fight!

Gaming Will
05-29-2012, 12:17 PM
Sasha you should have at least tried (without gold) until the time of the first list posting top 500. Seeing that they updated the list regularly, one had time to re-evaluate strategy and make changes. :)

murf
05-29-2012, 12:24 PM
Finished #229, with just over 2,000 fight wins.

I have stamina of 100, level 196. I used refilled 6 times (60 gold), but I missed a good chunk on Saturday, I was actually enjoying memorial day weekend, I left with stamina emptied and was gone for 8 hours (so probably lost 3.5 hrs worth of stamina or 77 stamina). And I missed about 1-2 hours because I went out Sunday night too. I slept every night 7-8 hours. Went to bed with stamina empty, emptied it when I woke up (lost another ~66 stamina a night). I did level up twice during the event too.

Max fights w/ goodfella is 528/day. I did it for 3.75 days. Started at 7am EST on day after event started, ended at 1am EST on day it ended. That means 528*3.75 = 1,980 fights + 200 (level ups) + 6 refills (300) = 2,480 was my max and I ended up around 2,050 between what stamina I missed b/c of real like and robbing some.

The Billionaire
05-29-2012, 12:32 PM
I got involved as soon as the event went live and i think a good start is cruicial so you know where you are when the first list gets posted. When the first list got posted i was 25th and from then on it was just a case of maintaining a good number of attacks each day.

I reckon i spent about 100 gold bars on this event and did 6 refills within the first couple of hours of it going live. Ended up finishing 42nd.

The level you're at and the amount of stamina you have doesn't really matter too much. It just means you have to log in more regularly than the high stamina players.

My strategy for the next PvP event will be get right in there from the start and probably do about 10 refills on the first day. I currently have 43 stamina.

crybaby
05-29-2012, 12:34 PM
I'm on android...never got the game popup, so I just focused on robbingfor the first day and half. So when the first android list came out I was not on it but desided to go ahead and fight maybe I would end up on the list. With 35 stamina and no gold I attacked constantly even sleeping 10 hours, didn't make the updated list yesterday either, so i just kept attacking, leveled twice, no gold and today I was 325 on the winners list. I think this event was basically all effort aside from a few gold spenders. IMO it was great fun and i enjoyed it alot.

DenZ1
05-29-2012, 12:40 PM

Have to completely agree with Dravak. Not a very smart thing you guys doing here. Strategy sharing is better done via pm's.

Sasha54
05-29-2012, 12:42 PM

Whatever - lots of people like to share - if you aren't in a sharing mood - that's fine............

Sweetheart
I only have 24 stamina and was constantly fighting. I went on long winning streaks without interruption but Sunday I was busy with family and dropped off entirely. All Monday I fought and barely made it on. Total spent $7.99 for 110 gold bars.

It was fun. And I liked seeing how many successful attacks I could get it daily. Bring on the next PVP event.
And for u low level players it doesnt hurt to try.

DenZ1
I got involved as soon as the event went live and i think a good start is cruicial so you know where you are when the first list gets posted. When the first list got posted i was 25th and from then on it was just a case of maintaining a good number of attacks each day.

I reckon i spent about 100 gold bars on this event and did 6 refills within the first couple of hours of it going live. Ended up finishing 42nd.

The level you're at and the amount of stamina you have doesn't really matter too much. It just means you have to log in more regularly than the high stamina players.

My strategy for the next PvP event will be get right in there from the start and probably do about 10 refills on the first day. I currently have 43 stamina.

By writing this you just guaranteed yourself price increase during next event :)

beaux
05-29-2012, 12:45 PM
I went in stamina 68 just doing TL. After the first list came out figured I didn't have a chance but, just kept on doing TL like I was. Next time I looked at list I was 371 hadn't used any gold but, last night before bed I broke down down did 2 refills just trying to help came out 271. Figured I was lucky.

Sasha54
05-29-2012, 12:46 PM
Sasha you should have at least tried (without gold) until the time of the first list posting top 500. Seeing that they updated the list regularly, one had time to re-evaluate strategy and make changes. :)

Yes - I know Will, and I realize that now.

Not to make excuses but I was tired of the event and it was going poorly and so on top of that I didn't feel like I wanted to add another thing to think about - KWIM
sometimes starts to feel like work - so I opted out.....

Burn
05-29-2012, 12:46 PM
Day 1: Thought there would be huge interest in this event, with people prepared to drop 100's of Gold. Set myself limit of 100 Gold for Day 1, enough for 10 refills, and armed with 70 stamina that only fully refilled when I was sleeping, I finished Day 1 in position 46.

That came as a surprise, I thought the event would be far tougher.

Day 2. No gold, wanted to see what difference it made - so again stamina used at Goodfella rate, and only maxed when sleeping. Ended day at position 64 - dropped 18 places.

Day 3. Now confident I could get prize without Gold, ended day at 86 - dropped 22 places.

Day 4. Now absolutely convinced I would remain in top 500 as long a I continued to use up all available stamina. No Gold spent. Finished in position 115 - a drop of 29 from Day 3.

Conclusions: good event, but either it was grossly under-subscribed, or there are far fewer active players than we believe, or the majority simply aren't buying Gold.

I'd expect to see the 500 winners reduced to 200 or less for next event, to decrease the number of prizes won by FREE players.

I was surprised to see some players competing for the highest positions. Why? Surely the only position that mattered was being better than 501st?

DenZ1
05-29-2012, 12:49 PM
Whatever - lots of people like to share - if you aren't in a sharing mood - that's fine............
We are more then happy to share with you :)

Sasha54
05-29-2012, 12:51 PM
By writing this you just guaranteed yourself price increase during next event :)

Hey Denz - are you going to replace Dravak when he leaves with paranoid/negative posts

I appreciate everyone's answers and I think most people know that I am not a forum troll and am not looking for an easy way to figure out a strategy.
I was just re-thinking my decision not to participate and it's as simple as that
Don't think we need to read into it that everytime someone posts some helpful information that Funzio is writing it all down so they can they turn around and screw us.........

isn't the forum supposed to be a source of information after all.

lighten up.........:D

DenZ1
05-29-2012, 12:52 PM
Day 1: Thought there would be huge interest in this event, with people prepared to drop 100's of Gold. Set myself limit of 100 Gold for Day 1, enough for 10 refills, and armed with 70 stamina that only fully refilled when I was sleeping, I finished Day 1 in position 46.

That came as a surprise, I thought the event would be far tougher.

Day 2. No gold, wanted to see what difference it made - so again stamina used at Goodfella rate, and only maxed when sleeping. Ended day at position 64 - dropped 18 places.

Day 3. Now confident I could get prize without Gold, ended day at 86 - dropped 22 places.

Day 4. Now absolutely convinced I would remain in top 500 as long a I continued to us all available stamina. No Gold spent. Finished in position 115 - a drop of 29 from Day 3.

Conclusions: good event, but either it was grossly under-subscribed, or there are far fewer active players than we believe, or the majority simply aren't buying Gold.

I'd expect to see the 500 winners reduced to 200 or less for next event, to decrease the number of prizes won by FREE players.

I was surprised to see some players competing for high positions? Why? Surely the only position that mattered was being better than 501st.

Like looking at the mirror. Exactly my thoughts and actions.

Robin Hood
05-29-2012, 12:55 PM
After initial stamina empty, the math should work out as follows for max potential attack (assuming no gold refills):

4 (days - event realistically ran from 5/25 to 5/28) X 24 (hours) X 60 (minutes) = 5760 minutes

5760 / 3 (minutes to increase stamina +1) = 1920 attacks (if you don't sleep for 96 hours).

If I understand the mechanics of the event correctly, after the initial stamina empty, total stamina shouldn't matter (again, gold refills not withstanding). Hypothetically, a player with 1 stamina could attack every three minutes and finish with close to the max number of attacks.

Gold refills are a real difference maker for players with high stamina. A player with even 50 total stamina can tack on an ~extra 500 attacks with a minimal 100 gold "investment."

DenZ1
05-29-2012, 12:57 PM
Hey Denz - are you going to replace Dravak when he leaves with paranoid/negative posts

I appreciate everyone's answers and I think most people know that I am not a forum troll and am not looking for an easy way to figure out a strategy.
I was just re-thinking my decision not to participate and it's as simple as that
Don't think we need to read into it that everytime someone posts some helpful information that Funzio is writing it all down so they can they turn around and screw us.........

isn't the forum supposed to be a source of information after all.

lighten up.........:D

It's not about that Sasha :) Now I just know I would have to spent twice as much just get the same result. I just hope the opposite side (people knowing that it can be done by not spending gold ) will balance it out.
I ain't be Dravak :) I just got RPG and Widow gun.. Why I would be negative? :)

Dravak
05-29-2012, 12:58 PM
Right :D that is superbly said from a woman , who can't even do basic math ..
This game is about statistic and maths , so if you can't even do that , do not try to analyse a person behaviour .

Cause negative paranoia ? , don't you mix up realisme of present days , with stick your head in the sand see the world trough your own pair of pink glasses ,
Cause anybody with a decent functioning brain , can figure out a strategy or put in effort .
About the low number of contenders Burn , sadly that is not true the waves of green on my news .
Said enough people were trying , even blindly trying , till they hit a red .

DenZ1
05-29-2012, 12:58 PM
After initial stamina empty, the math should work out as follows for max potential attack (assuming no gold refills):

4 (days - event realistically ran from 5/25 to 5/28) X 24 (hours) X 60 (minutes) = 5760 minutes

5760 / 3 (minutes to increase stamina +1) = 1920 attacks (if you don't sleep for 96 hours).

If I understand the mechanics of the event correctly, after the initial stamina empty, total stamina shouldn't matter (again, gold refills not withstanding). Hypothetically, a player with 1 stamina could attack every three minutes and finish with close to the max number of attacks.

Gold refills are a real difference maker for players with high stamina. A player with even 50 total stamina can tack on an ~extra 500 attacks with a minimal 100 gold "investment."

I've done that math on day 1 of the event in one of threads. :)

Max Power
05-29-2012, 01:07 PM
Have to completely agree with Dravak. Not a very smart thing you guys doing here. Strategy sharing is better done via pm's.

Meh, there are only two ways to fall behind on this one. Have your stamina jar full and idle for any period of time, or not spending any gold. OK, 3, Goodfella status helps, but really, it's very simple.

The larger the jar, the less chance of your stamina being idle.

Other than that, the replenish rate is the same for everybody regardless of stamina levels or what level you are on, so the only meaningful variable is gold spent and stamina idle time.

That's it.

Now that people have seen the price and how little they could have spent to win, I guarantee spending will go up for the next one. I also know that people will freak about how much gold to spend and there will be a lot of chatter here about that.

Burn
05-29-2012, 01:12 PM
Again Dravak is right - the point he is making is a simple one, the more threads like this you provide for Funzio analysis, the greater the probability that you will be unwittingly contributing to the events benefits being more quickly diluted or removed.

I don't know why people so often misconstrue what Dravak says, or choose to hate on him - I've always found him to be one of the more consistent and sensible posters - I can only assume that some people ignorantly misinterpret his less than perfect English as stupidity - in which case the stupidity belongs to the reader, not the writer :)

Sasha54
05-29-2012, 01:13 PM
Right :D that is superbly said from a woman , who can't even do basic math ..
This game is about statistic and maths , so if you can't even do that , do not try to analyse a person behaviour .

Cause negative paranoia ? , don't you mix up realisme of present days , with stick your head in the sand see the world trough your own pair of pink glasses ,
Cause anybody with a decent functioning brain , can figure out a strategy or put in effort .
About the low number of contenders Burn , sadly that is not true the waves of green on my news .
Said enough people were trying , even blindly trying , till they hit a red .

No wonder hardly anyone posts on the forum anymore - someone always manages to turn the thread into a piece of sh*t....

Dravak
05-29-2012, 01:16 PM
No wonder hardly anyone posts on the forum anymore - someone always manages to turn the thread into a piece of sh*t....
Resorting to personal insult to steer away the argument , or hide you intellectual inferiority ?

either way woman , Like good old gone in the wind , frankly my dear I wouldn't give a F...

Cause I gave the same reply to the person yesterday moaning , I am giving the same reply to whoever moaning , start using your brain !
Instead of asking others to think for you !

DLSmooth
05-29-2012, 01:19 PM
My strategy is accidental...it helped to be on Android ;)

DenZ1
05-29-2012, 01:26 PM
Yeah.. This went too far. I hope this will be the last post.
Sasha, there is no need for further input on this. Whatever has been said on this thread (related to event) is the only info you'll need to assess if you want to participate in future events (and you should).
Just to complete, Android is way more easier event. I did make it both. With 1/3 rd of my iOS attacks I made it to 223.

jaywalker
05-29-2012, 01:49 PM
My strategy is accidental...it helped to be on Android ;)

My sideaccount got the gun, and it's on my computer. It is not a device I can bring out in the sun etc, so the bar was way lower there.

My strategy on my main account was: DO NOT ROB AT ALL
I stuck with the strategy and I got on the winners list :)

Giedrius
05-29-2012, 02:34 PM
My story: #71. 83 stamina, 3 level ups 195-198, goodfella, no lost sleep. Energy lost during sleep covered by 100 gold.

I'm surprised that everyone mention "use all stamina" but no one mentioned how hard they found it to actually win fights. I'm pretty strong 57k attack and high level so all I had to do is blindly attack everyone apart from big names, preferably lower level (sorry guys) and still had issues finding people not " beat up". I recon I won like over 3k lost 24 fights... I think for weaker players it was challenge to use stamina efficient- a lot of hoods visited, stats checked and so on. Share your experiences.

By the way I feel sorry for all the guys been constantly beaten, losses doesn't bother me but damn some guys probably was frustrated...

AppleMacGuy
05-29-2012, 02:40 PM

Indeed...this first one was the 'test' event...level set at top 500 purely to gan analytics...for sure you can expect to see this cut in half for the next...most likely the reward will be a margianlly longer carrot to encoutrage gold expenditure...usual story.

procsyzarc
05-29-2012, 02:46 PM
Finished 136 I think just buy normal play just putting a little more focus on making sure stam never fully filled, no gold spent. Loved this event so much more than the normal bull**** they spit out but since it didn't seem to generate much income for them can't see them continuing. Hope I am wrong since events like this would probably be what tips me back to spending money on this game rather than my current refusal to spend another cent with funzio

Babytway
05-29-2012, 03:18 PM
33 stamina no gold used, missed out on first 8hrs of event and ended up 323

hinofwars
05-29-2012, 03:29 PM
Started with 34 stamina and spend no gold Day 1 and 2, I just empty my stamina bar. But I drop from 303 to about 370 after day 2. So I just didn't sleep as much on day 3 and day 4 to make sure I can have the maximum number of attack in order to stay within the top 500. I was surprised that I still drop 50 places from 330 (day 3) to 380 (day 4). I believe this is because a lot of people spend gold near the end.

Johnny70
05-29-2012, 04:20 PM
#31 I missed most of the first day... I have 55 stam I did blind attacks because I am reasonably high stats and pretty much know who not to blind attack, I found at times pages of beat up rivals and did attack some people I never do because I like them, sorry folks you probably know who you are... I only sleep six hours every night and my son works opisite hours than I do so my attacks continued 24/7 after the first day I wasnt on the list at all the first morning Im a gold player so I had a few vaults because it was on sale so I dont know for sure how many refills were done obviously more than were needed but there is some personal pride being in the top 50. I had 3358 attacks after I started counting so I would guess between 100 -500 more than that total... I think that gold players will spend it and non gold players even seemed to spend some... my thought at the time was a slim possibility of some bonus items awarded for position... hey it could happen would be a good idea if they did it would be a money maker for the next one even if they leave the number of winners at 500

xclusiv
05-29-2012, 04:21 PM
90 stamnia

day 1 - 4 use stamnia from 8am - 12pm
no leveling up
sleeping 8 hours a night
made it top 400

Sasha54
05-29-2012, 05:00 PM
Indeed...this first one was the 'test' event...level set at top 500 purely to gan analytics...for sure you can expect to see this cut in half for the next...most likely the reward will be a margianlly longer carrot to encoutrage gold expenditure...usual story.

Yes I think you are right about that and I had not thought about that aspect -

In hindsight I wish I had gone for it but I didn't so really no biggy - but I appreciate those who gave honest and pleasant feedback

I'll go back to my non-math oriented women's tasks of knitting and such now .......

DenZ1
05-29-2012, 05:26 PM
Yes I think you are right about that and I had not thought about that aspect -

In hindsight I wish I had gone for it but I didn't so really no biggy - but I appreciate those who gave honest and pleasant feedback

I'll go back to my non-math oriented women's tasks of knitting and such now .......

This one was definitely a test drive. Next one will be way harder.

Did you get Goodfella status?

Feng1234
05-30-2012, 04:21 AM
Can I just say for you negative souls out there, imagine the forums where no ones shares information, where when joined, it's full of people telling others to shut up and hush up for the fear of the system. Imagine a forum where when you were Noobie, you couldn't access any best of best guides for anything, where everything is locked via Pms and to get any information, you had to beg or steal. Where you learnt nothing and never grew to be the hardcore all knowing pro you are now.

So stop trolling and start sharing. If you don't wanna share, get lost because the forum is there to share. We'll enjoy the peace and quiet and the world will still go on without you hermit attitude.

ICEMAN0023
05-30-2012, 05:00 AM

@Sasha sorry as soon as this thread was made it was viewed as a "piece of sh*t"

Next event will be 250 winners event after that 100 winners. This event was a teaser is all to get the ball rolling.

Funzio needed a gauge to go off of.

Maybe eventually people will open their eyes I doubt it but just maybe.

Hank
05-30-2012, 05:10 AM
@Sasha sorry as soon as this thread was made it was viewed as a "piece of sh*t"

Next event will be 250 winners event after that 100 winners. This event was a teaser is all to get the ball rolling.

Funzio needed a gauge to go off of.

Maybe eventually people will open their eyes I doubt it but just maybe.

thats a man who gets it

Jill
05-30-2012, 05:26 AM
Sasha, I like you was doubtful if I would make the mark but on day 1 I tried my best to keep hammering away, then when I seen I was around the 330 mark I knew I would get there ok, if I hadn't made the 500 on that first day I wouldn't have tried anymore. So no gold spend, no refills, but a lot of effort fighting. I have 82 energy.

I agree with everyone this is a test run next time will be much more difficult to get into the end game without spending gold.

Swearengen
05-30-2012, 05:30 AM
Damn I should have tried. I assumed it would have a much higher lvl of involvemen and i would have no chance without gold :( Oh well, maybe next time. Though Burn is right, if they do a next event like this allot more folks are likely to try it and/or they are going to drop the cap to top 250...

Dr Girlfriend
05-30-2012, 05:52 AM
I'm getting up there in levels, and has been mentioned already, at my level it takes about 14k exp to level up. I literally leveled right before this event started. On the first update, I was at #417. I plugged away without gold and moved up to #333 the following update. The last update, I dropped to #374 without much -if any- of a change in the way I played from the previous day.

As I was getting closer to bedtime on the final day of the event, I saw I was going to just miss leveling. I bought two refills (20 gold total for 100 stam) and that gave me enough exp to level one more time (an additional 60 stam). Burnt that and went to sleep. Finished #343. Don't know if I needed to spend that gold to stay in the top 500, but I don't regret it. Only gold I've ever spent on an event. Well worth it, IMHO. Beats the hell out of speeding up a timer for 15, or getting a guaranteed open for 15.

I also had a number of lost fights and a did few robberies (couldn't pass up office buildings, hotels, GC's, etc.) and might do that differently if they run another one of these.

Joe Brown1
05-30-2012, 06:37 AM
Sasha, I have 35 stamina and did not make the first list of 500. I generally didn't let my stamina max (hitting about 1.5 hrs - was finishing the crate event so that was easy), still did family and holiday things (so my stamina maxed a couple times over the weekend) and slept my normal 6 hrs a night. I made the second list at 458, dropped to 491 on the third and 498 on the fourth. The last evening I was stayinging in and was able to keep my stamina from refilling most of the day. I leveled once the last day and refilled with tapjoy gold 4X and ended up #375 (with 1,733 successful attacks). So even with low stamina it is possible - high stamina gives a couple advantages from gold refills (I can't remember is there is a cap to how much stamina 10 gold will refill), leveling (you will probably level 2 - 3 times so I high stamina gives a huge boost) and most of all, longer before your stamina maxes. Overall, it was alot of fun (especially since I made the cut) but I was ready for it to be over by the end.

DenZ1
05-30-2012, 07:42 AM
Can I just say for you negative souls out there, imagine the forums where no ones shares information, where when joined, it's full of people telling others to shut up and hush up for the fear of the system. Imagine a forum where when you were Noobie, you couldn't access any best of best guides for anything, where everything is locked via Pms and to get any information, you had to beg or steal. Where you learnt nothing and never grew to be the hardcore all knowing pro you are now.

So stop trolling and start sharing. If you don't wanna share, get lost because the forum is there to share. We'll enjoy the peace and quiet and the world will still go on without you hermit attitude.

I guess that was addressed to me mostly :)
First, who is freaking saying I'm a negative?
Second, sharing is good and I'm all up for that. I share as much as I can.
This one is different. Don't mix it with knowledge sharing man. You guys just missing my point here.
With all of this "helpful" public sharing, Sasha will stand a little chance now (I hope I'm wrong and they won’t change formatting) in the next event given her circumstances (low stamina) unless she is ready to pay up. Next time, they'll cut down prize list to 250, and now we all know how much it approx. takes to get to which spot. I know that now, and I know that you know :) so next time I'll double my "effort" just to keep my spot. Person next to me will do the same. So a feasible strategy to get to the top list will vanish into thin air and all those people who used Tapjoy gold to make it to the list and who is very happy now will stand way less chances to make a cut.
Via personal conversation we would maintain (more or less) a status quo.
Maybe a bit of speculation and some over exaggeration, but in essence it is true.

And the strategy here is as simple as it gets. Choose your fights, fight non-stop, time your leveling up to empty your stamina before and pay up if you want higher spot. That is it.

Dipstik
05-30-2012, 07:46 AM
I attacked people. Then I waited for my stamina to refill and I attacked people some more.

You're asking about STRATEGY??? Seriously???

Sasha54
05-30-2012, 09:40 AM
I attacked people. Then I waited for my stamina to refill and I attacked people some more.

You're asking about STRATEGY??? Seriously???

Well you're certainly living up to your name..........

Dr BoneCrusher
05-30-2012, 10:06 AM
Sorry Sasha45, Dipstik has a point. Most of your posts before the PVP event had to do with thug life questions. This event was perfect to do thug life goals and get a great gun. Does it really take a Strategy to attack?

Dipstik
05-30-2012, 10:15 AM
I always have a point. My point might be that you're an idiot, but I'll make it to the best of my meager ability.

Dr BoneCrusher
05-30-2012, 10:22 AM
@dipstik your a lawyer right? Hope your not billing hours while your trying to making your point on a game you play with your phone....

iamthedl
05-30-2012, 02:26 PM
I agree with dipstick and a couple of others...this pvp event didn't really require strategy so much as just attacking people as much as possible. Some personal choices in play style to be made for sure such as do I forgoe robbing just to reserve stamina to fight. Do I use ten good bars to get 50 more stamina to use to fight some more. I am at 114 stamina so I could leave the game sit for a while (play on iPad, mostly at home or my girl's house). This didn't require a strategy so much as other aspects of the game like which building to build, upgrade, etc next. For that one should look at return on investment, current income per hour, etc. this one was easy....refilled maybe six times, mostly played while I use the bathroom and made it at 59th place. I also think that they will likely reduce number of winners next event and I bet it will be very soon that it comes out. Sasha youre not wrong for asking this question, I just don't think that it really required a lot of strategy per se...

jobadass
05-30-2012, 02:34 PM
Sasha you should have at least tried (without gold) until the time of the first list posting top 500. Seeing that they updated the list regularly, one had time to re-evaluate strategy and make changes. :) She should have tried. I started 1/2 day late and unloaded all of my 85 stamina as often as possible. Was astonished to see I was at #428, then #404. Ended up at #244. I spent gold (6 refills) that I'm pretty sure I didn't need to spend. Although not everyone has 85 or more stamina, everyone's refreshes over time and this event was fair for all levels.

edit:
My point Will is that I think she, and many others (including myself) thought they didn't have a chance. Never befopre has Funzio had a leaderboard, and it lacked updates. a LOT can change in a few hours.

-@'DK'@-
05-30-2012, 02:56 PM
Hello,
And congratulations to all winners in the pvp tournament
i ended the Pvp as number 25 ( -@'DK'@- )
Im wondering, have any of you other winners, recieved your Black dragon fighter? I havent yet.. :(
Thanks

Nicholost
05-30-2012, 03:54 PM
Sasha, your PM box is full. I tried to reply, but no luck.

Sasha54
05-30-2012, 06:38 PM
Sasha, your PM box is full. I tried to reply, but no luck.

Ok - I have cleaned it up

InYourFaceLilTimmy
05-30-2012, 09:35 PM
That's crazy, I didn't realize how much players pay for gold in the game; hey, to each his own. And I thought I was on the ball with 20 stamina and 800+ attacks (no gold spent)! I do agree that some of these PvP events should be tiered though, there's no way a level 20 can compete with level 80, and so on.. So how's the 100 attack skill points treating those who actually won? And congrats by the way, that's a lot of perseverance!

iamthedl
05-30-2012, 11:32 PM
That's crazy, I didn't realize how much players pay for gold in the game; hey, to each his own. And I thought I was on the ball with 20 stamina and 800+ attacks (no gold spent)! I do agree that some of these PvP events should be tiered though, there's no way a level 20 can compete with level 80, and so on.. So how's the 100 attack skill points treating those who actually won? And congrats by the way, that's a lot of perseverance!

Don't have it yet. Picked up 100 attack skill in a crate event though and I really don't feel a difference.

jaywalker
05-31-2012, 01:55 AM

A level 20 levels faster than a level 80, so they can compete on a fair level. More levels = more stamina refills. It all depends on how active you are.

Dipstik
05-31-2012, 05:38 AM
Not to mention a level 30 player regains stamina at the same rate as a level 200. You actually have an advantage. The only benefit to a big stamina bar is the ability to take more time off between log-ins without wasting stamina.

Swifty
05-31-2012, 06:19 AM
I used my normal game strategy of spending every stamina point.

Which was not good enough to make the top 100.

DenZ1
05-31-2012, 07:23 AM
I used my normal game strategy of spending every stamina point.

Which was not good enough to make the top 100.

I've spend some gold (mid level) as well. Was "good enough" to get me to #60. Whats the difference did it make?
Nobody got the gun anyway ;)