PDA

View Full Version : Can repeatedly posting comments on somebody's profile remove me from their news feed?

Cracka Jack
05-29-2012, 10:17 AM
Don't have this problem often, but somebody is robbing/attacking multiple times per day and unfortunately we both collect on time, so for once the battle isn't tilted in my favor.

So, since:

- Comments are posted in your "Empire News" feed

- There seems to be a max of 15 notifications/posts that can be seen in the "Empire News" feed

Can I post 15 comments on his profile to eliminate the option for him to click "Attack" or "Revenge" on the notifications he got when I robbed him?

BOS
05-29-2012, 10:19 AM
No, that's spamming and could get you banned from the game. If he chooses to report you.

Luciferianism
05-29-2012, 10:21 AM
No, but it could get your arse kicked even harder. Fool.

Cracka Jack
05-29-2012, 10:24 AM
No, but it could get your arse kicked even harder. Fool.

Wish I was cool enough to have a name like Lucifer. STFU emo kid.

Johnny70
05-29-2012, 10:24 AM
Don't have this problem often, but somebody is robbing/attacking multiple times per day and unfortunately we both collect on time, so for once the battle isn't tilted in my favor.

So, since:

- Comments are posted in your "Empire News" feed

- There seems to be a max of 15 notifications/posts that can be seen in the "Empire News" feed

Can I post 15 comments on his profile to eliminate the option for him to click "Attack" or "Revenge" on the notifications he got when I robbed him?
it is called spamming and it is a banable offence can it be done? yup but really what does being beat up hurt you? lets see you can safely transfer cash without the chance of being attacked...if you use defensive explosives you deserve to lose them thats the game you say "for once the battle isnt tilted my way" get used to it or get used to buying gold 2 or 3 vaults at a time to keep up I dont know your stats or level but up at the top you play with the big boys and big boys have expensive toys!

Cracka Jack
05-29-2012, 10:25 AM
No, that's spamming and could get you banned from the game. If he chooses to report you.

I was afraid that might be the case, thanks.

Cracka Jack
05-29-2012, 10:33 AM
it is called spamming and it is a banable offence can it be done? yup but really what does being beat up hurt you? lets see you can safely transfer cash without the chance of being attacked...if you use defensive explosives you deserve to lose them thats the game you say "for once the battle isnt tilted my way" get used to it or get used to buying gold 2 or 3 vaults at a time to keep up I dont know your stats or level but up at the top you play with the big boys and big boys have expensive toys!

sorry im not a "big boy" yet, only been playing since april. i never have money on me but he's the first one who's attacked me repeatedly for the sake of loot. i dont care about explosives, i dont enjoy losing lootable weapons, armor, and vehicles.

stats:
Level 86
Jobs Completed: 2011
Fights W/L: 4857/576
Robberies W/L: 10588/346
Mafia Mem: 167
Weapons: 1217
Armors: 430
Vehicles: 192
Attack: 6881
Defense: 7493
$/hr: 15086

A simple "yes" or "no" would have been enough.

BOS
05-29-2012, 10:39 AM
You don't lose weapons when someone attacks you... if that's what you are implying when you say "i dont enjoy losing lootable weapons, armor, and vehicles."

joaquim
05-29-2012, 10:40 AM
sorry im not a "big boy" yet, only been playing since april. i never have money on me but he's the first one who's attacked me repeatedly for the sake of loot. i dont care about explosives, i dont enjoy losing lootable weapons, armor, and vehicles.

stats:
Level 86
Jobs Completed: 2011
Fights W/L: 4857/576
Robberies W/L: 10588/346
Mafia Mem: 167
Weapons: 1217
Armors: 430
Vehicles: 192
Attack: 6881
Defense: 7493
$/hr: 15086

A simple "yes" or "no" would have been enough.

What's your ingame name? I was attacking a lot of people yesterday at around that level because of the PVP event. I might've attacked you. If I did sorry just needed to get my wins up.

dudeman
05-29-2012, 11:01 AM
Answer to OP is "no".

The news gets grouped by player and action. When someone interacts with you, all consecutive attacks/robberies come up as one story. Comments show up separately for the first couple, but if you post enough comments it will show as "Player X commented on your wall: (insert first few words of the first post)" and then it adds at the bottom something like "and Y# of other comments". Once it groups the posts like that there could be 3 or 3000, doesn't matter because they only take one spot in your news.

Paulio
05-29-2012, 11:03 AM
It sucks to be somebody's ATM, but wall spamming is really looked down upon.

Looking at your stats, it looks like you complete too many map jobs, which means you level up too quickly. Try focusing on PvP by completing thug life goals and farming respect points from buildings. This will slow your leveling, and the items you can buy with RP will have strong effects on your stats. By lvl 100, you'll be looking much better.

Hank
05-29-2012, 11:06 AM
sure you can repeatedly put post comments on this guys wall, just know that you will never be able to look at yourself in the mirror again

Dwizzy
05-29-2012, 11:17 AM
I remember when I was at war with a guy, he got really mad because all of his stats were better than mine but I still robbed him for a considerable amount. He made the mistake of robbing me back and giving me the revenge option on my newsfeed. He then spammed me repeatedly to get that revenge tab off of the newsfeed. It did push it further down the list but I think, and someone correct me if I'm wrong, all actions stay on your newsfeed for about 4 days. So spamming probably won't help you. Just stay keen about collecting for a few days and he will eventually be gone. If you wanna check leave him a message and if he replies easily, you will know that you are still on his newsfeed.

dudeman
05-29-2012, 11:26 AM
It did push it further down the list but I think, and someone correct me if I'm wrong, all actions stay on your newsfeed for about 4 days. So spamming probably won't help you.

Consider this your correction. News stories don't stay on your list for a set amount of time. They're there until they're gone. Sometimes it takes several days, sometimes it takes an hour, it all depends on activity.

If you wanna check leave him a message and if he replies easily, you will know that you are still on his newsfeed.

This makes no sense. When you post a comment the player's news shows that so-and-so commented on your wall, but insead of giving the attack/revenge options it gives a reply option. It's easier to reply to a comment than it is to reply to an attack/robbery because with comments you can do it direct, no need to visit using the revenge button.

Cracka Jack
05-29-2012, 11:32 AM
Answer to OP is "no".

The news gets grouped by player and action. When someone interacts with you, all consecutive attacks/robberies come up as one story. Comments show up separately for the first couple, but if you post enough comments it will show as "Player X commented on your wall: (insert first few words of the first post)" and then it adds at the bottom something like "and Y# of other comments". Once it groups the posts like that there could be 3 or 3000, doesn't matter because they only take one spot in your news.

Ah, good point. I did notice that.

Dwizzy
05-29-2012, 12:19 PM
Unless they changed it recently, if I reply to someone via the reply button, the comment just goes on my own wall not theirs. Then again I havent used the reply button in a long time so I guess I could be wrong about that. And if the newsfeed does actually work that way the yeah spamming would work to get yourself of his newsfeed faster. When the other guy spammed my wall it showed me two of his comments then bunched all the other comments into one entry on the newsfeed. This is why I think there is a time limit on the posts because from my experience, the guy spammed me repeatedly, I'm talking upwards of 300 posts on my wall and the revenge tab was still available on my feed for four days. Just my observations.

dudeman
05-29-2012, 12:28 PM
Unless they changed it recently, if I reply to someone via the reply button, the comment just goes on my own wall not theirs. Then again I havent used the reply button in a long time so I guess I could be wrong about that. And if the newsfeed does actually work that way the yeah spamming would work to get yourself of his newsfeed faster. When the other guy spammed my wall it showed me two of his comments then bunched all the other comments into one entry on the newsfeed. This is why I think there is a time limit on the posts because from my experience, the guy spammed me repeatedly, I'm talking upwards of 300 posts on my wall and the revenge tab was still available on my feed for four days. Just my observations.

Are you new? And no, I'm not asking if you're new on the forum, junior member.

crybaby
05-29-2012, 12:46 PM
No, but it could get your arse kicked even harder. Fool.LMAO.....well said friend ;)

Dwizzy
05-29-2012, 01:16 PM
No I'm not new. But I see what you are saying. It does actually post on both of your walls, I never noticed that. I always thought it just posted on your wall. Guess I'm wrong about that, Senior Member.

Cracka Jack
05-29-2012, 01:34 PM
What's your ingame name? I was attacking a lot of people yesterday at around that level because of the PVP event. I might've attacked you. If I did sorry just needed to get my wins up.

My in game name is Cracka Jack too...don't think it was you but I appreciate you asking lol. guy attacking me is "Oke"

Cracka Jack
05-29-2012, 01:37 PM
You don't lose weapons when someone attacks you... if that's what you are implying when you say "i dont enjoy losing lootable weapons, armor, and vehicles."

So when I attack somebody and a Skull Shotgun pops out, that's not one of theirs that they are losing?

dudeman
05-29-2012, 01:40 PM
So when I attack somebody and a Skull Shotgun pops out, that's not one of theirs that they are losing?

Nope. PvP loot is random like PvE loot. Each item has it's own drop rate and some items are quite rare.

FatDaz
05-29-2012, 01:47 PM
This might be an unorthodox suggestion but have you asked them to stop attacking you? Most players are fair and dont embark on sustained attacks unless they're doing goals,events or have some beef with you