PDA

View Full Version : Thanks for the PVP event

RijilV
05-29-2012, 07:23 AM
Just wanted to start a thread with some feedback over the PVP event and wanted to say thanks first off.

It seemed like you (Funzio) launched this feature before you actually built it, which is a really cool way of doing things and I hope you continue to do experimentation like this in the future. I know that likely means logdiving and extra forum duty but I think it is worth testing out a few idea quickly rather than spending dev on it. Thanks for letting us be part of your testing :)

I liked this specific event - though it was up my alley anyhow as PVP is my primary focus so I'm probably biased. I do think there were a couple of missing features, both of which I'm sure you already know:

- some type of in game leader board that would also display your current ranking
- automated handing out of the event item.

In the future I really like the idea of "top X of activity Y over time T" events, not necessarily PVP (robbing comes to mind but also something to do with burning down energy or collecting from buildings?). Also doing more smaller events more frequently would be cool too (say a 24 hour event for a slightly better than RP item). Also would be cool if you did "complete N number of activity Y in time T" - so rather than racing for the top X spots anyone who pulled off the requirements in the time window would get it.

Anyhow, thanks for running this event even if it ends up being the only one you do.

mnju_03
05-29-2012, 07:25 AM
Hey.... you got a little brown stuff on your nose...oh wait, nm.

scarface2012a
05-29-2012, 07:55 AM
bla bla bla...... very nice!!! But... where are the results????
Speed up to launch new things is nice, but make sure the feedback has the same speed!
This is not an excel file that someone has to type in! We are talking about a system capable of charging your credit card within 30 seconds!
Wake up guys, this is your business!!!