PDA

View Full Version : They really dropped the ball on this event!!

foxtrekker
05-28-2012, 09:08 PM
Now i see this event is just another money maker for funzio.
It's basically a blind event to get you to spend money on gold without any idea of what the outcome will be.
Unless you're one of the elite gold buyers whos guaranteed a top 500 you have no idea where your at and if youll get in or not.
What good is a leaderboard if its not updated frequently and with the stats ??
I feel sorry for the lower level people who are throwing their money away on an event they have absolutely no chance of winning.
Chalk another one up for vagueness.

xclusiv
05-28-2012, 09:15 PM
i have spent 0 gold on this event and am in the top 500

hinofwars
05-28-2012, 09:20 PM

Same there. I only have 37 stamina. You just need to work hard and you will be in the top 500 without spending any gold.

Inzaghi
05-28-2012, 09:21 PM
I'm also in the list. No gold and I just reached lv 80. Before this event, I only have 20 stamina...
But I don't like this game either. Lockbox game is like positive-sum game for all players, as everyone will gain something, while this one is negative-sum one since most people will get beaten a lot.

Babytway
05-28-2012, 09:27 PM
i was on the list also and no gold spent and only 33 stamina, so low levels definitely had a chance to get on the list. all levels had a chance to get on the list so it isn't just a high lvl thing or a gold spender thing.

I dont think the ball was dropped i just think you didnt do enough investigating before you posted, i.e. the lvl 80 player with 22 stamina made the list proof that it can be done

DLSmooth
05-28-2012, 09:30 PM
It's basically a blind event to get you to spend money on gold without any idea of what the outcome will be.
Unless you're one of the elite gold buyers whos guaranteed a top 500 you have no idea where your at and if youll get in or not.
I feel sorry for the lower level people who are throwing their money away on an event they have absolutely no chance of winning.
0 gold, top 500 (top 25 as of last update), not trippin.....

Plumbernick9
05-28-2012, 09:38 PM
Not to mention that I went from 449 first day to top 50. I spent some gold though.

foxtrekker
05-28-2012, 09:43 PM
i was on the list also and no gold spent and only 33 stamina, so low levels definitely had a chance to get on the list. all levels had a chance to get on the list so it isn't just a high lvl thing or a gold spender thing.

I dont think the ball was dropped i just think you didnt do enough investigating before you posted, i.e. the lvl 80 player with 22 stamina made the list proof that it can be done

I didnt do enough investigating?? What is there to investigate?? I did mention there are no stats on the leaderboard so you are in the dark, that's my point. Can you imagine how often a 22 stamina player would have to play to get say 1500 successful attacks, which is what ive seen you need to get in?
I think thats a bad example. I'm not saying it cant be done i'm just saying i'd like more info.

Dravak
05-28-2012, 09:45 PM
You moan too much have 10 stamina and am in the top 500 ... so anymore excuses ? for your lazyness ?

Bruce_law
05-28-2012, 09:51 PM
I think that this event is more free item than a money maker.

0 gold too.

Vito
05-28-2012, 09:54 PM
I have to admit that I'm pretty disillusioned with this event. Looking at the leaderboard is like reading a who's who of high level gold spenders(with some excepions, of course). I like to think that I worked pretty hard on this event. There wasn't a moment during this event when my stamina was full, except when I was sleeping(gasp), and I know I'm not going to come close. My opinion is that unless your willing to use gold, your a 501'er.

Inzaghi
05-28-2012, 09:57 PM
I think that this event is more free item than a money maker.

0 gold too.

This one is for test so it's free. And it will become more and more a money maker once the data in this event is analyzed.

Ranier
05-28-2012, 09:59 PM
Your whining is irrelevant I ended pvp with lvl 40 and had 17 stam lvlv doesn't increase staima recov speed. Day 5/28 was 104/500 10am

foxtrekker
05-28-2012, 10:01 PM
You moan too much have 10 stamina and am in the top 500 ... so anymore excuses ? for your lazyness ?

Your names not in the list...
You have 10 stamina so that means you had to play 50 times a day to get in?? Thats not a game, its crazyness!!
:D

Dravak
05-28-2012, 10:02 PM
And where do you people base your moans on , when statistic is so easily calculated !

I love to hear moans about people failure to grasp something so simple as basic maths .

so more lazyness please , and more moans am not going to do your dirty work !
when this one is as simple as 7x7 ...

Just make people show there true colors of being utter noobs and fails in life .

Dravak
05-28-2012, 10:04 PM
Your names not in the list...
You have 10 stamina so that means you had to play 50 times a day to get in?? Thats not a game, its crazyness!!
:D

Oh my name is on the list , wasn't sure but am on the list :p
Well maybe am crazy , but you are just lazy .

So who win in life the dedicated or the moaners ?
See reflects back to real life , lazy gits don't win !

Babytway
05-28-2012, 10:06 PM
low levels have a chance just like high lvl players without spending gold, you say they have no chance of winning but there are low lvls on the list who are high up on the list, so it can be done. if it crazyness to you, then this isn't a game you should be playing because its obviously driving you insane

KizzMyAzz
05-28-2012, 10:08 PM
Yeah i am backing on Babytway's claims. I and Level 198 and i got 210 stamina yet i am not in the list too

Others must be definitely working harder than i am lol

erik
05-28-2012, 10:09 PM
This is the first event that I have felt I would be rewarded in proportion to my play... once that first vague leaderboard came out and I was in a good spot. I am sure people are spending some gold, but I know that I am on pace for a great item because I have not let a single stamina go to waste/sit maxed since the event notice came out. Granted I have been robbing all the goodies you night time slackers are afraid to spend stamina on :)

Great event funzio.

Personally I am glad that there is only so much data... I think giving exact info would take a lot of the fun out of this event and turn it into a formula.

Props to low stamina folks like Babytway who are really showing this event can be for anyone and everyone if they bust butt.

Dravak
05-28-2012, 10:10 PM
Yeah i am backing on Babytway's claims. I and Level 198 and i got 210 stamina yet i am not in the list too

Others must be definitely working harder than i am lol

And again the number of stamina you have only applies to gold users for refill ...
the rest is basic math , if you can't do that on this event ...

Well sorry maybe you should learn that first !

KizzMyAzz
05-28-2012, 10:13 PM
And again the number of stamina you have only applies to gold users for refill ...
the rest is basic math , if you can't do that on this event ...

Well sorry maybe you should learn that first !

nah i do not use refills just playing as per normal, doesnt really matters if i do not make the list either

Dravak
05-28-2012, 10:16 PM
nah i do not use refills just playing as per normal, doesnt really matters if i do not make the list either

Then you should know everybody is on equal footing and the number of attacks needed to be average in this event , without one gold bar spent .

Just the top 100 might be hot contested cause of who has the biggest wallet .
Like all other things in this game !

If a 10 stamina user can do the math , why can't others ?

KizzMyAzz
05-28-2012, 10:19 PM
Then you should know everybody is on equal footing and the number of attacks needed to be average in this event , without one gold bar spent .

Just the top 100 might be hot contested cause of who has the biggest wallet .
Like all other things in this game !

If a 10 stamina user can do the math , why can't others ?

If you do read well i am not the person whining here, i am supporting someone else clams that everyone has a chance irregardless of their level and that with my level and stamina i still do not make the list. Thats all.

Dravak
05-28-2012, 10:25 PM
If you do read well i am not the person whining here, i am supporting someone else clams that everyone has a chance irregardless of their level and that with my level and stamina i still do not make the list. Thats all.

Oh no I read it well , but others might make mistakes it doesn't matter what stamina you have .
Infact it does more stamina means more chances of success also failures ..
And in the end it is successfull attacks that counts , not failures.

Infact this event is totally in players hands , with one bonus suprise .. that wasn't hard to figure out .
Will let people speculate on that one !

KizzMyAzz
05-28-2012, 10:29 PM
Oh no I read it well , but others might make mistakes it doesn't matter what stamina you have .
Infact it does more stamina means more chances of success also failures ..
And in the end it is successfull attacks that counts , not failures.

Infact this event is totally in players hands , with one bonus suprise .. that wasn't hard to figure out .
Will let people speculate on that one !

Everyone can intepret they way they want including you, As you said "let people speculate one this"

Dreno33
05-28-2012, 10:31 PM
I'm not saying it cant be done i'm just saying i'd like more info.

I'm saying you need better stats.

xclusiv
05-28-2012, 10:32 PM
the advantages someone with more stamnia would have is during sleep time when they wake up they would be able to do more attacks, and also if they level up full recharge that is all.

Vince the Fist
05-28-2012, 10:45 PM
But I don't like this game either. Lockbox game is like positive-sum game for all players, as everyone will gain something, while this one is negative-sum one since most people will get beaten a lot.

As respectfully as I can say this, I think some people need to remember this is a crime game AND a fighting game, not the United Nations. Where would be the fun in fighting one's way into the top 500 if there weren't also losers?

foxtrekker
05-28-2012, 10:50 PM
I'm saying you need better stats.

you dont even know my stats and thats not what the thread is about so why dont you go away??

Dreno33
05-28-2012, 10:54 PM
you dont even know my stats and thats not what the thread is about so why dont you go away??

if you had better stats you might be in the top 500 considering you'd get for bang for your buck with your stamina.. your original post was quite ignorant, as you can tell from the replies...

Inzaghi
05-28-2012, 11:03 PM
As respectfully as I can say this, I think some people need to remember this is a crime game AND a fighting game, not the United Nations. Where would be the fun in fighting one's way into the top 500 if there weren't also losers?
I think some people also need to remember # of active players are always important for an online game even if some don't pay. A hot game attracts potential gold spenders to join. If most free players are driven away, the rest gold spenders will get bored and leave soon.

in-game j
05-28-2012, 11:23 PM
zomg zomg zomg zomg....

GNS-52992
05-28-2012, 11:27 PM
about the player there are ( ✨Gamer✨ and 💰buyer💰 )*
here come the deference : ( Gamer do everything from nothing )
( buyer do anything from everything they have )
for that✨Gamer✨ do anything from nothing by using only there Braine*😉
I am an old Gamer and I didn't spend any gold (you can enter my inventory in the 3 games and see for your self )

Vince the Fist
05-28-2012, 11:38 PM
I think some people also need to remember # of active players are always important for an online game even if some don't pay. A hot game attracts potential gold spenders to join. If most free players are driven away, the rest gold spenders will get bored and leave soon.

I tend to disagree because if it's a really hot game then there will be enough people who join and get converted to become active gold spenders to make it interesting, with or without active free players who never ever buy gold. This is in fact my experience of this game. I don't think I interact with any non-gold spenders and I am not bored nor am I about to leave, like hundreds of other players like me.

I also suspect the philosophical divide between gold spenders and "free players" is an illusory and outdated one, inapt for a successful game like Crime City.

The vast majority of players in the upper levels have gold items. Play the game long enough to get there and who can resist forking out $10 for some crates or gold buildings? There is a broad spectrum of gold spenders from those who might spend $10 to those who spend thousands, which is closer to the truth than an imagined divide between gold/free players.

Anyway it doesn't really matter if you spend gold or not, as long as you enjoy the game is all that matters. I am sorry you have not enjoyed the PvP event. It's an evolving and dynamic game and it's part of that process that there is this forum where people can engage in constructive criticism and analysis.

Daniel2115
05-28-2012, 11:50 PM
about the player there are ( ✨Gamer✨ and 💰buyer💰 )*
here come the deference : ( Gamer do everything from nothing )
( buyer do anything from everything they have )
for that✨Gamer✨ do anything from nothing by using only there Braine*😉
I am an old Gamer and I didn't spend any gold (you can enter my inventory in the 3 games and see for your self )

You must not use your brain too much since you can't even spell it correctly lol

KizzMyAzz
05-29-2012, 12:05 AM
Both Vince the Fist & Inzaghi do have their own points to agree with to a certain extent.

End of the day it run down to how each individual choose to cater this game to his/her playing style in terms of how much gold to spend, what items to get, how much stamina or energy to obtain and etc.

As these days there are no distinctive right and wrong, each individual can do whats best for them or what they think its best for them base on constructive informations provided by forumers throughout the experience they gained ingame.

Personally i too believe that enjoying the process and playing with the community is the fun part of this particular game. But lets not end up discussing on how each individual chooses to play the game as it is not up to up to decide or influence in other player's choice :)

Just my 2 cents, hopefully my remark do not offend anyone or cause anyone to have a different interpretation.

tony187
05-29-2012, 12:22 AM
at least u guys have a chance android users cant even play the pvp event

Inzaghi
05-29-2012, 12:23 AM
I tend to disagree because if it's a really hot game then there will be enough people who join and get converted to become active gold spenders to make it interesting, with or without active free players who never ever buy gold. This is in fact my experience of this game. I don't think I interact with any non-gold spenders and I am not bored nor am I about to leave, like hundreds of other players like me.

I also suspect the philosophical divide between gold spenders and "free players" is an illusory and outdated one, inapt for a successful game like Crime City.

The vast majority of players in the upper levels have gold items. Play the game long enough to get there and who can resist forking out $10 for some crates or gold buildings? There is a broad spectrum of gold spenders from those who might spend $10 to those who spend thousands, which is closer to the truth than an imagined divide between gold/free players.

Anyway it doesn't really matter if you spend gold or not, as long as you enjoy the game is all that matters. I am sorry you have not enjoyed the PvP event. It's an evolving and dynamic game and it's part of that process that there is this forum where people can engage in constructive criticism and analysis.

The first time the lockbox event came out, most players liked it because they can receive good items just by playing dilligently, some are even willing to spend RM. But later it was abused for making money. It's held weekly and the chances are significantly reduced. Finally it becomes boring. I'm not sure if the pvp event will be the next lockbox event. At first you are able to win blackwidow shotgun by tapping every hour but later you gonna pay RM to get it.
However, there's difference. PvP event will lead to even more intensive attackings, which repels low/medium stats guys from the game. I believe most people don't like being attacked relentlessly by bigger sharks everyday, whether you are a free player or gold spender. But that's what will happen if PvP events become weekly and the rewards require too many attacks a day (e.g. >1000). If you would spend more RM to beat bigger sharks out of the game, just enjoy it.

KizzMyAzz
05-29-2012, 12:25 AM

I thought i saw the pvp event live for android under a stick??

nopenopenope
05-29-2012, 12:27 AM

Another one wrong kiddo. The event was available on both devices the entire time and there are stickies with leaderboards for both.

Inzaghi
05-29-2012, 12:27 AM
http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?30917-Crime-City-PVP-Event-Now-Live-For-Android!

Inzaghi
05-29-2012, 12:42 AM
Both Vince the Fist & Inzaghi do have their own points to agree with to a certain extent.

End of the day it run down to how each individual choose to cater this game to his/her playing style in terms of how much gold to spend, what items to get, how much stamina or energy to obtain and etc.

As these days there are no distinctive right and wrong, each individual can do whats best for them or what they think its best for them base on constructive informations provided by forumers throughout the experience they gained ingame.

Personally i too believe that enjoying the process and playing with the community is the fun part of this particular game. But lets not end up discussing on how each individual chooses to play the game as it is not up to up to decide or influence in other player's choice :)

Just my 2 cents, hopefully my remark do not offend anyone or cause anyone to have a different interpretation.

My point is your style will affect others a lot in PvP events. I used to have low stats and get attacked/robbed a lot. I quite disliked it and then I learnt from threads in the forum and became stronger. But I'm sure most people will not bother to do that and they just focus on their own hood growth. If the events are abused again with relentless attacks everyday, they will just quit.
Sorry for the offense due to my pessimism. Let's wait and see :)

Vince the Fist
05-29-2012, 01:27 AM
The first time the lockbox event came out, most players liked it because they can receive good items just by playing dilligently, some are even willing to spend RM. But later it was abused for making money. It's held weekly and the chances are significantly reduced. Finally it becomes boring. I'm not sure if the pvp event will be the next lockbox event. At first you are able to win blackwidow shotgun by tapping every hour but later you gonna pay RM to get it.
However, there's difference. PvP event will lead to even more intensive attackings, which repels low/medium stats guys from the game. I believe most people don't like being attacked relentlessly by bigger sharks everyday, whether you are a free player or gold spender. But that's what will happen if PvP events become weekly and the rewards require too many attacks a day (e.g. >1000). If you would spend more RM to beat bigger sharks out of the game, just enjoy it.

Hmmm, there's some force to your points. But the limit of 10 attacks per hour serves to prevent constant attacks and players getting disheartened by that. Most players dump all 10 attacks on a single player, which get merged on the news feed as one attack, so at one per hour it's really not that annoying
Plus there's always a bigger fish and always a smaller fish you can find to munch up. Even with my defence I was beat up constantly. It was entertaining to see my news feed lit up co
nstantly the last 4 days. I thought it was a good thing.

Vince the Fist
05-29-2012, 01:28 AM
Meanwhile....where is my gun???? Someone wake up Funzio!!!

Fast
05-29-2012, 06:12 AM

right.

i'm new but i think many thing at anormal in this game, to expensive to be play, never see this before... u can spend real money all day's, and not 4/5 $/€ realy more...

i'm not sure the law are compatible with this, i'm looking at the moment what law say, but i'm sure they don't right to practice this, beucause u can't control anything.. the game is to adictif for stay cool... so ? we see in a couple of weeks if i'm right with what i say.

murf
05-29-2012, 06:22 AM
right.

i'm new but i think many thing at anormal in this game, to expensive to be play, never see this before... u can spend real money all day's, and not 4/5 $/€ realy more...

i'm not sure the law are compatible with this, i'm looking at the moment what law say, but i'm sure they don't right to practice this, beucause u can't control anything.. the game is to adictif for stay cool... so ? we see in a couple of weeks if i'm right with what i say.

Wait, it's against the law for a company to make money off of a product/service they provide? I'm not sure what everyone complains about....the game is made to either spend $1000s or $10 or play free...it's should be equally enjoyable for any play style...if can afford to play the style you want, stop complaining, make more money....if you're unhappy, delete the app.

murf
05-29-2012, 06:25 AM

why do people care about getting attacked so much? this event actually saves people from getting robbed...I passed up many Lofts, RC, and GCs to save my ammo for attacking....are you really that insecure that someone comes and beats you 10 x's and gets $0....

Inzaghi
05-29-2012, 06:48 AM
why do people care about getting attacked so much? this event actually saves people from getting robbed...I passed up many Lofts, RC, and GCs to save my ammo for attacking....are you really that insecure that someone comes and beats you 10 x's and gets $0....
It does bother me a lot if I'm attacked 10x every two hours.

BOS
05-29-2012, 06:52 AM
It does bother me a lot if I'm attacked 10x every two hours.

Get over it, or quit

Strawberry Cough
05-29-2012, 07:53 AM
This was a great event. It rewards the hardcore players. I am only level 135 and I was in the top 250 not sure where now. Used gold just once because I was close to leveling. Did not change my playing at all.