PDA

View Full Version : Does this Game make SENSE???

mob
05-28-2012, 08:52 PM
I understand Mark clearly states that there isn't an advantage to size/stats/and whatever. To that end, I find this game ridiculous and am ready to wave the preverbial 'white flag'. First, the change to game rules make it terribly difficult for a new player to compete. I figure at least 1/3 of the players under level 20 already have their infantry, ground and air units unlocked...allowing them to camp and "kill" weaker opponents. Second, I have tested Marks' theory by attacking players with better stats and found my success is well under 20%. Following that I have been diligent in comparing stats prior to attacking and just recently I attacked a player with one unit of 8 defense and the rest even lower. I had a 4:1 attack to defense ratio and of course, I lost! More notably, I lost 3 items in the attack including a GLOBAL HAWK DRONE!.. Afterwards, I tried the PvE route and lost 2 Warthogs in one lousy attack with minimal $ gain. So I raise the question, is it worth the attempt to attack or should one simply sit back and let the clock tick to allow upgrades, expansions and vaults to finish just for economic growth??

If I am missing something, please advise. I like the idea of trying to weigh strategic options and thought this game would be better than Crime City - however find it entirely frustrating. I would hope FUNZIO and all their engineers can find a reasonable solution and create a platform more worthwhile!!!

Mob

JMC
05-28-2012, 08:57 PM
Crime city mark stated that the stats do not matter when referring to the casualty rate.
However stats definitely do matter when it comes to actually winning a fight.

I can't explain how you lose to someone 1 quarter of your strength. Do you mean you lost the fight? Or are just talking about losing units?

War Priest
05-28-2012, 08:58 PM
This game is awesome. :confused:

Mcdoc
05-28-2012, 09:08 PM
Play the game. Don't cry about losing units - you will win more money or your buildings will give you more money for free - so what are you really losing? If everyone else is also losing units - then its just the way the game plays out and you always plan on replacing lower lost units with better units and descent units lost with better units. Over time your army will rotate out the lower units and you will end up with a better density.

When you get up in levels - you will get 2000 valor points just for killing people - no real extra work - so losing a high valor unit now that you grind out each valor point will not be so painful later when you can rack up 8000 valor in one afternoon.

It gets better - I promise!

CAPT.GIN
05-28-2012, 09:13 PM
Yea listen to what my friends say! This game is the best game out rite now and I bet you as soon as you play it you will understand more about what were all talking out...

mob
05-28-2012, 09:17 PM
Thanks guys for weighing in.

Clarification: I lost units - not the fight! However, the units were the most recently acquired and more expensive. Thus my frustration.

I will "camp" for a while to let economy build and for the ability to acquire better units. Having said that, camping these days are more difficult since the onset of the Events!

Regards,

CAPT.GIN
05-28-2012, 09:19 PM
Yea we all lose units and trust me it sucks, but keep in mind this game is about war and when you go to war win or lose you never come back with all your units...

mob
05-28-2012, 09:22 PM
side note:

Capt. Gin, is it Gin of Vodka? Just need to clear it up. By the way, vodka is much better for you!

CAPT.GIN
05-28-2012, 09:27 PM
side note:

Capt. Gin, is it Gin of Vodka? Just need to clear it up. By the way, vodka is much better for you!

Ummm... Yea bro vodka lol... Also welcome to the threads and if you started my modern war let's allie up send me a request...

Q Raider
05-28-2012, 09:41 PM
I understand Mark clearly states that there isn't an advantage to size/stats/and whatever. To that end, I find this game ridiculous and am ready to wave the preverbial 'white flag'. First, the change to game rules make it terribly difficult for a new player to compete. I figure at least 1/3 of the players under level 20 already have their infantry, ground and air units unlocked...allowing them to camp and "kill" weaker opponents. Second, I have tested Marks' theory by attacking players with better stats and found my success is well under 20%. Following that I have been diligent in comparing stats prior to attacking and just recently I attacked a player with one unit of 8 defense and the rest even lower. I had a 4:1 attack to defense ratio and of course, I lost! More notably, I lost 3 items in the attack including a GLOBAL HAWK DRONE!.. Afterwards, I tried the PvE route and lost 2 Warthogs in one lousy attack with minimal $ gain. So I raise the question, is it worth the attempt to attack or should one simply sit back and let the clock tick to allow upgrades, expansions and vaults to finish just for economic growth??

If I am missing something, please advise. I like the idea of trying to weigh strategic options and thought this game would be better than Crime City - however find it entirely frustrating. I would hope FUNZIO and all their engineers can find a reasonable solution and create a platform more worthwhile!!!

Mob

Not sure what rules were changed that make it more difficult. I started playing this game sometime in March. Just hit level 94 (6 levels this double event if you don't mind....oops;)) so I can't see how your statement re it being difficult stand up from my perspective. I don't have the infrastructure of many players and would be considered underfunded and underpowered by many, though I have just completed the mission degradation against 222 allies (I just went to 132) so I figure I am not that badly off.

I chose a very aggressive format and have managed to continue it to this point. My initial gameplan was simply put the head down and keep running. I am prepared to change though even at this level I am finding plenty of targets for my playing style. I am still keeping to my strategy of increasing my attack strength by 100 points per ally and at least 110 for defence. Won't be the strongest player but I have set my skill points to suit my style so I expect to continue to be successful for a while longer.

There is lots of good info on this site (pity I didn't find it earlier....getting the vault going early is a must)

At low levels don't bother with the attack, particularly if it is against people who have been playing the game slowly as they likely have some decent defence buildings in place, raid instead.

Storage Silos, munitions stockpile, oil derrick, windfarm all cheap and pretty quick return on upgrade cost at least to level 4. Do the missions as they pay additional cash.

Use the events to your advantage, particularly at the lower levels when it costs bugger all to go the cash option on the opens. Aside from picking up some decent indestructible items there are good drops of cash and Valor.

Repeat the first couple of PVE missions as they give additional cash each time plus some Valor and a grunt if you want one. Alternatively if you are looking for a quick cash windfall set up a couple of maps as complete except for a last hit. With a full pack of energy you can nail three or four end of map bonuses and rake in a good amount of money.

In short this game has a plethora of facets, you just have to find yours.

mob
05-28-2012, 10:13 PM
thanks Q!

I will continue to muddle...

JohnnyR
05-28-2012, 10:29 PM
The concept of "meat shield" is something to look into. Check it out. Basically the point is to have a large amount of whatever you can afford, or get quickly to die off so that your better units (I'm guessing at this stage maybe Avengers, Chinooks, Combat Boats, etc...) can keep ticking.

Something else to consider-keep your ally list tightly controlled. Basic rule of thumb is not to have more than you need. With each level, you are able to use 5 additional allies, and with each ally, you are able to bring 4 units. Level 30 lets you bring 150 usable allies, and 600 units. If you add this many, or more allies, you better be able to fill those ranks with something useful-otherwise other rivals who HAVE will be able to hit you hard. Now, beside this, you need to consider something else-at your level, you are purchasing GH Drones, which are magnificent units. They die relatively quickly though when you bring them into battle. Just by the fact that you are losing them means that you have either too many allies, or too few meatshields. You do NOT want to bring these units into battle, nor any other defense unit (Military Ambulance, Sea Scout, etc...). What I recommend is to stop buying GH Drones, and buy a TON of Medics. They have zero attack, so you will NEVER bring them into battle-a good thing. Until you can build up your forces where the weakest attacking unit is 4 or above, you shouldn't be buying GH Drones-they will die and you will end up wasting money.

I would start with:
1) Medic (0/10) ----> At this point, buy hundreds. Farm Desert Leaders for Meat Shield.
2) Military Ambulance (2/18) ----> At this point, buy Fighter Jets for Meat Shield.
3) Sea Scout (3/17) ----> At this point, buy Snipers.
4) Global Hawk Drone (4/15) ----> More Snipers.

Each of these units is important for different reasons. GH Drones and Sea Scouts have "Strong Against" buffs that specifically target the two most popular types of units in the game. Medics are cheap, fast defense. Military Ambulance is also cheap, fast, and high quality defense.

Always be:
Upgrading Vault
Building Money Buildings
Upgrading Money Buildings

Thoughtfully:
Buy land

Useful Meat Shields to farm later: Amphibious Troopers (at Docks, Amphibious Leader [I think]) and Minisub at Emir Island (the sub).

stricker
05-28-2012, 10:36 PM
johnny... how many dissertations are you going to write on this stuff man??? ...where did the fng guide go??? ...i would have just said, hey mob... see that link in my sig... read that first...

man you are just verbose and nice!!! lol

JohnnyR
05-28-2012, 10:45 PM
Haha, thanks Stick, lol.

I tried to keep it nice and tight this time, actually thinking about making a tightened up version of the FNG guide, though I would end up larding it up with more stuff than needed, lol.

BTW, the FNG guide IS in my sig, in case ya want to peruse an old newbie guide. :)

stricker
05-28-2012, 10:48 PM
BTW, the FNG guide IS in my sig, in case ya want to peruse an old newbie guide. :)

...lol ...don't make me waste my sarcasm man!!! =}

JohnnyR
05-28-2012, 11:02 PM
Ahhh man, lol-it is quite late, hehe. I said I'm cutting out of the PVP thing, but in reality it's very hard to turn away, argh.

mob
05-29-2012, 09:35 AM
JohnnyR---

You helped clarify things a great deal. Thank you!

TheGasman
05-29-2012, 04:10 PM
The reason you are losing to someone lower than you is because they have bought a higher value gold unit to the ones you have which will beat you every time. This is why this game is not fair to players who build up patiently and have a strategy. 'Johnny s..h..i..t for brains' with pots of money can come along and rob you blind and can be a fraction of your size!

stricker
05-29-2012, 04:15 PM
The reason you are losing to someone lower than you is because they have bought a higher value gold unit to the ones you have which will beat you every time. This is why this game is not fair to players who build up patiently and have a strategy. 'Johnny s..h..i..t for brains' with pots of money can come along and rob you blind and can be a fraction of your size!
you need to watch it with your post, fella...

johnny is like one of the most helpful guys on the boards...

plus, there are a lot of young people who read the forums and your filthy mouth is not good for any of this!!!

el_gringo
05-29-2012, 04:36 PM
Mob, have you tried playing Kingdom Age? I suspect you may prefer the game mechanics, I certainly do, although all the wizards and goblins thing isn't really what I'm into.

War Priest
05-29-2012, 04:39 PM

No kidding man, what is wrong with you. So because people choose to spend money and support Funzio they are sh*t for brains?

Hope I don't see you around anymore.

CAPT.GIN
05-29-2012, 05:04 PM

Not true buddy!!! Most of us here are free players and we kick gold players a$$'$ all day!!! No offense to the gold players lol... Remember this, this game is all about strategy!!! An that's how you win a war, it's not just about spending money!!!

War Priest
05-29-2012, 05:11 PM
Yeah, Capt Gen and Flan tear me up everyday. :D

stricker
05-29-2012, 05:13 PM

...what, laughing so hard you cry, right??? lol

CAPT.GIN
05-29-2012, 05:21 PM

Damn rite!!! I take at least 10mill from WP A DAY!!!

War Priest
05-29-2012, 05:24 PM

*Are you sure you want to remove CaptGin as an ally?* Clicking "Yes I am sure" as we speak. :D

It's funny how Lord Paul is right under you on my ally list...

stricker
05-29-2012, 05:28 PM
...feeling a bit confused there gin???

(tol... i wonder how many grunts gin has... it might be proportionate to size or something...)

*Are you sure you want to remove CaptGin as an ally?* Clicking "Yes I am sure" as we speak. :D

LOL... hmmmmm...

CAPT.GIN
05-29-2012, 06:16 PM
...feeling a bit confused there gin???

[COLOR="#696969"](tol... i wonder how many grunts gin has... it might be proportionate to size or something...)[/

LOL... hmmmmm...

That's messed up!!! Im gonna tell support to fix this issue! Lol

CAPT.GIN
05-29-2012, 06:17 PM

I ment to say that on this post...

spectra
05-29-2012, 06:25 PM
Thanks guys for weighing in.

Clarification: I lost units - not the fight! However, the units were the most recently acquired and more expensive. Thus my frustration.

I will "camp" for a while to let economy build and for the ability to acquire better units. Having said that, camping these days are more difficult since the onset of the Events!

Regards,

Keep reading the forum, there is tons of good advices on how to best play the game
remember to try to build four army with LOW rate units, most infantry are HIGH casualty rate, and there are alot of medium in the mid range of the building units upgrades
once you learn keys information on how to play the game, you will enjoy it more
Do not be afraid to ask as many questions as you feel need to, you will be surprise how many players will share their knowledge
THE ONLY STUPID QUESTIONS ARE THOSE THAT ARE NOT ASKED!!!
Cheers