PDA

View Full Version : which event do you prefer? pvp or lockbox?

xclusiv
05-28-2012, 08:26 PM
like the title says which event do you prefer pvp or lockbox,

i personally prefer the pvp event as it is not just luck but you have to put the effort into it to get the final prize.

Gaming Will
05-28-2012, 08:28 PM
Def PVP. I actually have control of the results.

dudeman
05-28-2012, 08:40 PM
Def PVP. I actually have control of the results.

PvP because effort and determination are a factor. Box events are pretty much based on blind luck, even spending gold doesn't guarantee anything.

KizzMyAzz
05-28-2012, 08:49 PM
Both. Its true that we have control on the results based on our efforts and determinations, nonetheless the extra lockbox which require our attention on an hourly basis do contribute to some mysterious factor which could contribute to some extra stuffs on the side :)

Inzaghi
05-28-2012, 09:14 PM
I would prefer lockbox if they could increase the drop rate a little bit. Although you might receive frustration for not getting the final event item, you are still happy when you collect smaller ones before that.
However, for pvp event, most will not be happy from the red newsfeed. To win the item, I'm forced to visit others' hoods. I found some have nicely built hood but poor A/D, so they might treat it like SimCity. I like that and that's also the way of playing CC. They might not be so devoted but that's the majority. If Funzio narrows the list (to 200) or makes this event weekly, fighting will be more frequent, and these players might quit the game, once frustration from newsfeed overweights happiness from hood growth. If that happens, only sharks will remain in the game and what's the fun? Some might suggest fighting back but not everyone has the habit of throwing RM into a virtual game.

G Wiz
05-28-2012, 09:22 PM
The pvp is better, but that might only be because it followed after the event monogamy. This event simply needs more real time updates though, it would make for more strategic gold buying and attack planning.

hinofwars
05-28-2012, 09:23 PM
PvP because you have some control, not like the lockbox which is just based on luck. PvP also help me to complete TL goals faster.

But the problem for me is thay four days of PvP is just too long for me. It would be better if it cut by a day to 3 days event.

Crazy Horse
05-28-2012, 09:25 PM
PVP, but they should increase the size to say, 1,500 have different prizes for 3 differrent category. More players can get involved & I'm sure will generate more cash for Funzio. Have a live leader board update.

Most important, it must not be too often, my life is going hay wire. lol

mnju_03
05-28-2012, 09:25 PM
Whatever gives free prizes.

hinofwars
05-28-2012, 09:28 PM
Whatever gives free prizes.

+1. I will have more chance in PvP than in the lockbox event.

Dreno33
05-28-2012, 09:36 PM
maybe they'll do an event on PvE next, and then maybe on biggest economy growth (%)?? That would be cool(:

Neonjoe
05-28-2012, 09:39 PM
The lockbox event is stupid. When you get the first 8 items on day 1, then open crates every day from then on and never get item 9 or 10, it's frustrating and a waste of time.

DLSmooth
05-28-2012, 09:44 PM
I'll take the PvP rite now. If all goes well, I will actually win the item from this event vs. no final items for the lockbox events.

Primal
05-28-2012, 10:36 PM
I hate the lockbox, I don't even get excited anymore. I am a dedicated player who plays all the time, and even using goal I have only gotten the 10th item 1 time now. That's not even bad luck, it's just pathetic! I go into it knowing I am not going to get it, and that sucks.

The pvp though I played a lot, used some good and it's looking good for me so far :)

It's nice to finally win one :)

Munch on it
05-29-2012, 12:42 AM
Pvp for sure cos I'm 99% sure I've won the gun where as with the lock boxes I've ended on 9 for all but one which also happened to be the gun that came with 100 attack skill points 👊

Hank
05-29-2012, 12:46 AM
Whichever one has a better prize

Hank
05-29-2012, 12:50 AM
pvP event is def more fun, but probably not as profitable for funzio so who knows if we will see many more of them. If i were a betting man I would guess that they might tweek the formula a bit to squeeze more gold out of us. Giving away awesome free prizes like the widowmaker shotgun deviates too much from their tradition