PDA

View Full Version : safe point in pvp tournament

commandNconquer
05-28-2012, 04:20 PM
what are your guys toughs on the safe point to be in the top 500? my guess is that atm it is at 1400-1450

manbeast
05-28-2012, 04:38 PM
at the end of it? prob 1700

commandNconquer
05-28-2012, 04:50 PM
that high ? you might be right tho

War Priest
05-28-2012, 04:51 PM
Just did a few refills to make sure I don't get knocked off.

commandNconquer
05-28-2012, 04:59 PM
I'm thinking about spending my first dollars because -20% casualties will be useful in whale territory ..

Q Raider
05-28-2012, 05:03 PM
Warpriest you have more wins than you think you have by what others have said.

Probably were close to 1500 when that list was published.

I reckon Manbeast is pretty close to the money with 1700 as the bottom figure. I originally thought it would be much higher at close to 2500. Perhaps the closeness of events plus long weekend kept enough people from having a red hot go this time.

I think Funzio would be better served by giving a bit more notice of this sort of thing coming up next time, though am really happy they didn't as I look to have gotten myself in a good position to pick up a very handy game unit...

War Priest
05-28-2012, 05:11 PM
I'm thinking about spending my first dollars because -20% casualties will be useful in whale territory ..

$4 for 5 refills isn't bad.

commandNconquer
05-28-2012, 05:13 PM
its just that i wouldn't be a free player anymore :( for 5 refills i could use my TJ gold you think its worth it at 1600 wins and 34 stamina ?

War Priest
05-28-2012, 05:17 PM
its just that i wouldn't be a free player anymore :( for 5 refills i could use my TJ gold you think its worth it at 1600 wins and 34 stamina ?

I bet every free player here has cheated before. If you don't spend gold on units or buildings, nobody would ever know... :rolleyes:

commandNconquer
05-28-2012, 05:21 PM
true maybe i will then but i would cheat to myself hmm ill see :P

stricker
05-28-2012, 05:23 PM
I bet every free player here has cheated before. If you don't spend gold on units or buildings, nobody would ever know... :rolleyes:

...well that all depends on your definition of 'free player,' right??? ...for instance, look and former pres clinton, "i didn't inhale." ...or, "i did not have sexual relations with that woman." ...it's all relative, right?

Q Raider
05-28-2012, 05:49 PM
I think people get too het up in the "free" concept and that the use of Gold is "cheating" in some way.

I have gotten a few hundred from Tapjoy and used that, it was free but it gave me the same advantage as someone who chose to purchase Gold.

I have also bought Gold in the game now as I enjoy playing it so much and eventually will be coming up against people who have invested far more heavily in the game. Whilst I choose not to compete with their amount of dollar investment (and from what I am reading I probably couldn't in any case) I am going to use what I have in a fashion that suits my playing style and with an end view to competing against some of these bigger spenders.

THIS is one of the situations where for a small investment in the game you can provide yourself with an advantage or at least a levelling of the field against anyone.

JohnnyR
05-28-2012, 05:56 PM
Have been REALLY tempted to use my $30 iTunes money on this event, pretty much a guaranteed win if I did.

Think I'm just under the cusp if I spend all my TJ gold, unfortunately have been quite busy lately and not able to go after the event like I should have. We'll see though, if I can level up I'll have an additional few hundred wins to play with if I go TJ route, and stick another point into stamina.

Stickin' to "free" as a matter of personal pride, but I don't knock anyone who does buy gold-helps the game stay free for me, happy bout that.

War Priest
05-28-2012, 06:15 PM
To me, if you have gold buildings, or gold units your a gold player. But buying gold for refills or country change is fine.

But I agree that to many people get wrapped up in that concept.

Q Raider
05-28-2012, 06:21 PM
Respect that as a choice JohnnyR.

I actually bought my first Gold cause I didn't know better and thought that you had to to participate in the events :rolleyes:

Then I bought my first indestructibles when I was madly tapping my screen to try to get a large stash of raid dosh into my vault while being attacked (Mastodon something or other). Game froze and when it came back up my Gold was gone....went WTF and then found out my attack score had jumped noticeably from the 3 rares and an uncommon that had suddenly appeared in my inventory:confused:

Didn't realise I could have sent a message and asked to get a refund. Now they are just part of the family and I changed my gameplan to suit....and added a few mates to accompany them along the way.

War Priest
05-28-2012, 06:23 PM
Respect that as a choice JohnnyR.

I actually bought my first Gold cause I didn't know better and thought that you had to to participate in the events :rolleyes:

Haha, in a contract to spend gold and participate?

JohnnyR
05-28-2012, 06:28 PM
To me, if you have gold buildings, or gold units your a gold player. But buying gold for refills or country change is fine.

But I agree that to many people get wrapped up in that concept.

I've actually contemplated buying gold to change country, more as a way to throw my token in for support than anything. My stats would be decimated though if I left RU for another country... Honestly, I love this game and the way support/devs handle issues, and wish there was a non-tactical way to spend money as a show of support. Am I weird, lol? Maybe...

War Priest
05-28-2012, 06:30 PM
I've actually contemplated buying gold to change country, more as a way to throw my token in for support than anything. My stats would be decimated though if I left RU for another country... Honestly, I love this game and the way support/devs handle issues, and wish there was a non-tactical way to spend money as a show of support. Am I weird, lol? Maybe...

Haha, nope.

You could always create a thread and members can go in an just post their name. Sort of like signing it saying thanks. :)

Q Raider
05-28-2012, 06:33 PM

Nah, just consider yourself as the volunteer entertainment for the paying customers......:cool:

JohnnyR
05-28-2012, 06:38 PM
Nah, just consider yourself as the volunteer entertainment for the paying customers......:cool:

Bahahaha, hell I'll take that. :)

manbeast
05-28-2012, 06:47 PM
Have been REALLY tempted to use my $30 iTunes money on this event, pretty much a guaranteed win if I did.

Think I'm just under the cusp if I spend all my TJ gold, unfortunately have been quite busy lately and not able to go after the event like I should have. We'll see though, if I can level up I'll have an additional few hundred wins to play with if I go TJ route, and stick another point into stamina.

Stickin' to "free" as a matter of personal pride, but I don't knock anyone who does buy gold-helps the game stay free for me, happy bout that.

how many wins do u have? if you arent on the list, i wouldnt spend money on this one.

i'm sure there will be plenty more pvp tournys and you will be able to play them harder. then u can spend a little gold and win those instead of a lot of gold on this one