PDA

View Full Version : What would you buy with 3000 gold pieces?? Need help

MYF
05-28-2012, 01:20 PM
SO, you have 3000 (three thousand) gold pieces to spend....

How would you spend it? What would you buy? How many?

What items gives you the best bang for your buck when spending gold?

Dipstik
05-28-2012, 01:23 PM
Stamina refills to pound on "BARACK O" some more.

vitus79
05-28-2012, 01:26 PM
SO, you have 3000 (three thousand) gold pieces to spend....

How would you spend it? What would you buy? How many?

What items gives you the best bang for your buck when spending gold?

depends on ur stats, if u havnt used gold be4 the best bang for the buck is still the 3 crate pack, bit more expensive now but better percentage on rare drops.
i have some good luck with them, common dont add much more points to atk and def but theres always a good chance to get some uncommons, rares and the super rare steel grenade in this pack.

buy 1-2 packs and see what u get and what it adds. if it makes u happy get more

for buildings what level are you and what is unlocked?

ThugLife
05-28-2012, 01:29 PM
Crates of mass destruction!!

joaquim
05-28-2012, 01:29 PM
2 Ice Cream Shops, 2 Smoke Shops, 2 Churches, 2 Wedding Chappels, 2 Rock Cafes, 2 Pirate Taverns, 2 Gentelman's Clubs, 2 Palm Hotels, and a lot of crates of 3.

Luciferianism
05-28-2012, 01:30 PM
I'll let you in on a little secret, upgraded bodyguard agencies are godly powerful. I would buy 50 of those. I have a couple right now recently bought, only at level 6 and they list as giving 220 defence EACH. And they have small footprint. They are fast and cheap to upgrade.

vitus79
05-28-2012, 01:32 PM
I'll let you in on a little secret, upgraded bodyguard agencies are godly powerful. I would buy 50 of those. I have a couple right now recently bought, only at level 6 and they list as giving 220 defence EACH. And they have small footprint. They are fast and cheap to upgrade.

are you serious?

Luciferianism
05-28-2012, 01:34 PM
Yes, I'm serious. http://crimecityios.wikia.com/wiki/Defense_Buildings
They give 826 defence each at level 10.

Dipstik
05-28-2012, 01:35 PM
Troll face.jpg

vitus79
05-28-2012, 01:38 PM
http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?15058-Effect-of-Def-buildings-and-skill-points-against-rob-atk-by-Guru-Peacock-again..lol

its the worst u can do to level them to lvl10, u will have like 55 REAL def out of them, put 4x gattling or 6 if it fits to lvl2 on that space and u get much more def out of it. look at all the hood with like 40 agencies lvl 10, lets say stats 60k/90k. i fight that easily and rob withut even losing explosives, fight screen will tell you stats like 60-61k max, everything above is fake from the agencies. they cheap but useless. get missile turrets instead

Dwizzy
05-28-2012, 01:38 PM
Yes and after you build all 50 and upgrade them to level 10 invite me over so I can rob you blind.

Plumbernick9
05-28-2012, 01:39 PM
Bodyguard agencies, strip clubs, rock cafes, palms, and the rest on 3 pack crates.

vitus79
05-28-2012, 01:40 PM
Yes and after you build all 50 and upgrade them to level 10 invite me over so I can rob you blind.

just what i was trying to explain a bit more detailed the post be4 :)

Plumbernick9
05-28-2012, 01:41 PM

Ha. It all depends on attack number vs defense number.

xXSycoXx
05-28-2012, 01:41 PM
If i had the moeny to blow on 3k gold no way would spend it on this game.

It be on having a good time plenty of night on the piss and lots of hot women instead

MYF
05-28-2012, 01:42 PM

It be on having a good time plenty of night on the piss and lots of hot women instead

I do both!! ;)

Plumbernick9
05-28-2012, 01:43 PM

160 bucks won't get you very far with hot women. Where do you live, Idaho?

vitus79
05-28-2012, 01:43 PM
whats left after that night beside some serious headaches maybe? memories of course, but if this game entertains u the crates will be a good deal and more fun than just a weekend.. my 0.02

MYF
05-28-2012, 01:44 PM
160 bucks won't get you very far with hot women. Where do you live, Idaho?

quote of the day!!!!

MYF
05-28-2012, 01:45 PM
why the crates?? are they really that good??

Luciferianism
05-28-2012, 01:46 PM
Well yes, effective defence drops obviously but that doesn't detract that as far as defence buildings go, they are very good. I already have 50 Gatling turrets and I'm not high enough level for missile turrets. I think bodyguard agencies are value for money.

vitus79
why the crates?? are they really that good??

see post #3

Plumbernick9
Good boost in stats. Hopefully you get some rare items.

vitus79
05-28-2012, 01:48 PM
Well yes, effective defence drops obviously but that doesn't detract that as far as defence buildings go, they are very good. I already have 50 Gatling turrets and I'm not high enough level for missile turrets. I think bodyguard agencies are value for money.

ok to be honest i got me a few of those and they might help but not as expected for a lvl 10 def building, so upgrade them aslong its fast and cheap, like lvl6. more is a waste of time and money for what they do after that in my opinion

MYF
05-28-2012, 01:55 PM
What about just being VIP for like a 24 hours ?? How many adds would you get? Would that help?

vitus79
05-28-2012, 01:57 PM
What about just being VIP for like a 24 hours ?? How many adds would you get? Would that help?

oh my goosh are you kidding us? there are thousands of numbers here. since u made it to the forums why not add those actually begging for. thats worse as buying xtra mobsters

i really suggest to do some research, i sense every of ur upcoming questions was answered like 50 times right now. just saying

start here http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?31047-MAFIA-and-Equipment-used-explaination-for-noobs

Dipstik
05-28-2012, 01:57 PM
Mafia are worthless. Getting 499 is easy and you never need/want more than that.

*gets popcorn*

vitus79
05-28-2012, 02:01 PM
Mafia are worthless. Getting 499 is easy and you never need/want more than that.

*gets popcorn*

share it, this might get entertaining and i havnt had popcorn in a while, hehe

Dipstik
05-28-2012, 02:08 PM
Buying henchmen isn't actually all that bad of an idea... They always do what you want, and they can't leave your mafia and leave you hanging. I remember that time that Alex guy had almost his entire mafia drop him all at once and then pound him while he was helpless. It'd probably be worth a few hundred gold to make sure someone is ALWAYS going to be manning your best weapons no matter what.

vitus79
05-28-2012, 02:14 PM
Buying henchmen isn't actually all that bad of an idea... They always do what you want, and they can't leave your mafia and leave you hanging. I remember that time that Alex guy had almost his entire mafia drop him all at once and then pound him while he was helpless. It'd probably be worth a few hundred gold to make sure someone is ALWAYS going to be manning your best weapons no matter what.
well that makes sense, i have 77 i think so that will be a tight bunch :P

MYF
05-28-2012, 02:17 PM
so I just bought three x (3) crates packs...got 7 common items and 2 rare.. went from 8257 Attack and 9733 Def to 8695 Attack and 10197 Def...

spent 525 in gold!!!

not bad I think!

Johnny70
05-28-2012, 02:23 PM
wow this thread has some of the most misinformed stuff I've seen yet ROFLMAO! dude buy crates... period and three at a time obviously.... to bad I cant show you a screen shot of my hood two months ago with all those worthless bodyguard agencies I sold off because after level 150 they were space wasting garbage... I think my next thread will be on the misconseptions of defensive buildings!

joaquim
05-28-2012, 02:25 PM
wow this thread has some of the most misinformed stuff I've seen yet ROFLMAO! dude buy crates... period and three at a time obviously.... to bad I cant show you a screen shot of my hood two months ago with all those worthless bodyguard agencies I sold off because after level 150 they were space wasting garbage... I think my next thread will be on the misconseptions of defensive buildings!

Go start on that thread right now! People need to learn the truth.

vitus79
05-28-2012, 02:26 PM
so I just bought three x (3) crates packs...got 7 common items and 2 rare.. went from 8257 Attack and 9733 Def to 8695 Attack and 10197 Def...

spent 525 in gold!!!

not bad I think!

yes the rares are worth the 525 u spend. one of them just.

if u check the regular gold items and compare the stats u see with a bit luck u can save alot gold.
figure out what ur weakest category is, probably vehicles at ur level, wait for crates with common vehicles and u could have great boosts again.

if u cant save gold, always consider missclicks, blow it!! :D

Johnny70
05-28-2012, 02:26 PM

spent 525 in gold!!!

not bad I think!
save some and buy crates in the early am for some reason the percentages for rare seem higher then... or I could be full of poo and it just works for me that way... lol

Johnny70
05-28-2012, 02:31 PM
yes the rares are worth the 525 u spend. one of them just.

if u check the regular gold items and compare the stats u see with a bit luck u can save alot gold.
figure out what ur weakest category is, probably vehicles at ur level, wait for crates with common vehicles and u could have great boosts again.

if u cant save gold, always consider missclicks, blow it!! :D
hey love I'm slackin off a bit so you can pass me up in the pvp again (I remember how much fun you were the other night when I let you... ah I mean when you beat me at pool) so dont you think you should have those attack fingers busy? ;)

Dipstik
05-28-2012, 02:31 PM

Lies! This dumbass is telling you to sell your gold buildings. Don't listen to him.

vitus79
05-28-2012, 02:35 PM
hey love I'm slackin off a bit so you can pass me up in the pvp again (I remember how much fun you were the other night when I let you... ah I mean when you beat me at pool) so dont you think you should have those attack fingers busy? ;)

nah i feel good up there, still doing some fights between the chats here, lol can we even chat like this on here? need check rules :) and wtf u let me win, i pwned ya actually. twice on that table :*

MYF
05-28-2012, 02:40 PM
save some and buy crates in the early am for some reason the percentages for rare seem higher then... or I could be full of poo and it just works for me that way... lol

I love the smell of napalm in the morning!!

MYF
05-28-2012, 02:40 PM
ok, so I just bought a church!!

FatDaz
05-28-2012, 03:03 PM
Can you believe I brought 50 bodyguard towers all upgraded over 7...Im thinking of replacing em with sniper dens as similar size...whats the going rate for selling a tower now? ( time for bed in england..gonna wake up 501 I bet)

vitus79
05-28-2012, 03:17 PM
Can you believe I brought 50 bodyguard towers all upgraded over 7...Im thinking of replacing em with sniper dens as similar size...whats the going rate for selling a tower now? ( time for bed in england..gonna wake up 501 I bet)

wont be much i guess, cheap goldprice and upgrades, couple grants maybe for each

Dwizzy
05-28-2012, 05:12 PM
Fat, I can tell you that all those body guard centers inflate your defense by maybe 7 to 8k. I was in a rob war with a guy that had about 30 or so lvl 10 bodyguards and his defense was 45k. After I robbed him his real defense went down to 33k enough for my 28k attack to rob him relatively successfully. As everyone said earlier, I find crates and a few gold buildings to be the best ways to spend gold.

Alice
05-28-2012, 05:32 PM
20 Hell fire Missiles

bigflan
05-28-2012, 05:33 PM
20 Hell fire MissilesNo no you got it all wrong I would buy 176 mafia good idea right

Johnny70
05-28-2012, 05:35 PM
Lies! This dumbass is telling you to sell your gold buildings. Don't listen to him.
look you are intitled to your opinion as am I. you are not intitled to call me names, I dont disrespect you and I expect as per forum rules the same from you. if you disagree with something I say please by all means ask me to explain it to you but dont disrespect me by calling me names ok? I stand behind what I said too by the way!

Dipstik
05-28-2012, 05:36 PM
Spoken like a true Barrett supporter... Utterly clueless.

bigflan
05-28-2012, 05:38 PM
No no you got it all wrong I would buy 176 mafia good idea rightThis is the best idea people can't handle the genius

vitus79
05-28-2012, 05:39 PM
No no you got it all wrong I would buy 176 mafia good idea right

flan taking over cc to catch up on wp? not the best idea if all following posts are similar. if u serious i woudnt go over 100 henchmen, theres no way 2-300 ppl drop u overnight

Johnny70
05-28-2012, 05:41 PM
I dont know what level you are and as dipstick implied I didnt tell you to sell yours I told you that I sold mine because at the higher level I was and even higher now they become wastes of space.... obviously I need to write the real story on defense buildings thread I was talking about before... I dont for one second even pretend to know everything about this game but I do know what I have experianced on my way to level 178

bigflan
05-28-2012, 05:45 PM
flan taking over cc to catch up on wp? not the best idea if all following posts are similar. if u serious i woudnt go over 100 henchmen, theres no way 2-300 ppl drop u overnightIt's a joke in MW you don't want them and people would contact support to get the, removed

Go for the crates the regular old ones gave me
3x rare
2x uncommon
8x common not too shaby but the good things is in MW is that you lose your stuff with fights and it's gotten really bad so these units help yah jelly

Johnny70
05-28-2012, 05:45 PM
Spoken like a true Barrett supporter... Utterly clueless.
seriously? so tell me what exactly did I do to you to deserve the personal attacks by you if you dont mind me asking?

Dipstik
05-28-2012, 05:49 PM
How about completely missing the point? I think you're the only person here taking this thread seriously. Christ you're dense.

Alice
05-28-2012, 05:53 PM
No no you got it all wrong I would buy 176 mafia good idea right

I'm not joking, even crates don't worth the gold today. Actually I'm buying missiles with saved TJ gold.

bigflan
05-28-2012, 05:55 PM
It's a joke in MW you don't want them and people would contact support to get the, removed

Go for the crates the regular old ones gave me
3x rare
2x uncommon
8x common not too shaby but the good things is in MW is that you lose your stuff with fights and it's gotten really bad so these units help yah jelly
this is the way to do it

I'm not joking, even crates don't worth the gold today. Actually I'm buying missiles with saved TJ gold. modern war gold units have more value then your cc units so it's diffrent

Johnny70
05-28-2012, 06:04 PM
i wouldnt buy any defensive buildings with a bigger foot print than a gat turret and that is truely the correct advice the gun turret seems to be junk too so I would only buy the one you need to upgrade to lev 9 for goals it costs a bunch to upgrade but it payed back a bunch too I did it in one of my other games I havent bothered to upgrade it all the way and sell it yet in this one working on upgrading money buildings the game doesnt work just like some of it was intended or at the very least defensive buildings dont work like most people seem to believe they should or do again I dont state what I say about this stuff is fact but it is what has been my actual experiance in the game... I try to help people I dont tell people what to do I give them as much information as I can so they can make a informed decision on their own

Johnny70
05-28-2012, 06:15 PM
How about completely missing the point? I think you're the only person here taking this thread seriously. Christ you're dense.
fine I'm dence, im also pretty tired but since all you seem to want to do is insult me I guess I will lower myself to your level and tell you that you are truely being a phucking @ss hole that really suprises me since I know you are an attorney, well educated.. what a ****! dont bother replying I am excercising my option to shut off my laptop as soon as I hit reply! phuck you and the republican piece of **** lame elephant you rode in on.. there are you happy now...

jobadass
05-28-2012, 06:19 PM

Funzio Gold is going cheap right now. 3,000 for $160.00 US. It would buy you a 30 pack of Budweiser and some redneck chick with hepatitis.
Save your money

xclusiv
05-28-2012, 06:33 PM
crates only is the best way to go

Dipstik
05-28-2012, 06:59 PM
You came back and read this, Johnny... You don't have to acknowledge it, and you'll probably even find a way to rationalize it to yourself, but that little rant was all for nothing. You can't let it go. Grow up.

Luke 3457
05-28-2012, 07:07 PM
Lol bodyguards huge waste of space anytime I see a hood filled with them I always attack that person win and post their pitiful true defense.

FatDaz
05-28-2012, 07:49 PM
Im lvl 186 Johnny...I appreciate your advice...I have 50 gatlins now and nearly 30 missile turrets ...I have plenty of room for other defense buildings thats why I keep the towers.
Only 55 def lvl 10 though so not too clever...my profile to real def is over 20k difference.
Real about 52k...my plan is getting 50 turrets lvl 2-3 and replace towers with Dens
What you advise?

Plumbernick9
05-28-2012, 08:01 PM
Lol bodyguards huge waste of space anytime I see a hood filled with them I always attack that person win and post their pitiful true defense.

You're full of crap.

Johnny70
05-28-2012, 11:02 PM
Im lvl 186 Johnny...I appreciate your advice...I have 50 gatlins now and nearly 30 missile turrets ...I have plenty of room for other defense buildings thats why I keep the towers.
Only 55 def lvl 10 though so not too clever...my profile to real def is over 20k difference.
Real about 52k...my plan is getting 50 turrets lvl 2-3 and replace towers with Dens
What you advise? in my opinion <<<<----- lol it truely seems to me <-- that defensive buildings all give you almost if not full advertised stat value when you are low level.
I believe <-- that as you level you are expected to aquire equipment in your inventory and to that end as you level every defensive building starts to lose actual defense points.

I also think that the percentage of loss increases as you level so that by level 120 you start to notice the loss... you lose to attacks you dont think you should or that your sure you wouldnt have at say level 100.

by level 150 the loss is in my estimation huge, it seems to vary slightly depending on the building but some for sure are reduced by 75% IMO.

so to me logic would dictate the use of only turret sized foot print defensive buildings. now having said that you can look in my hood I do still have a dozen body guard agencies but I used to have 50 yup waste of money big mistake i didnt have the forum I learned the hard way. I had BOS attacking me as I was selling them off and I lost a ton in advertised defense and very very little shockingly little in the actual defense stats ask him, it made me sick when I figured it out
sorry for the long post I just wanted to explain my conclusions obviously you need to do what you consider to be right.

Johnny70
05-28-2012, 11:14 PM
You're full of crap.
dude he isnt full of crap, sometimes it hard not to put a lol on it when you post their true defense. if I didnt delete them my wall would be full of comments from "no way why would that be?" to "your full of sh** you must be a hacker"

G Wiz
05-28-2012, 11:20 PM
LoL...you guys

nopenopenope
05-28-2012, 11:25 PM
Some of you really need to read Peacock's thread before replying anymore.

http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?15058-Effect-of-Def-buildings-and-skill-points-against-rob-atk-by-Guru-Peacock-again..lol

MYF
05-29-2012, 08:39 AM
Very interesting convo... !!

xclusiv
05-29-2012, 08:33 PM
so what did you buy with your gold?

Dipstik
05-29-2012, 08:36 PM
I hope it was mafia henchmen. I'd hate to think your hood's safety could be left to the whims of real people who could betray you.