PDA

View Full Version : "Strong Against ....." Units-what effect/boost?

ucantwin1
05-28-2012, 09:26 AM
Maybe this has been covered before - but can't seem to find any real info.
So if a unit is designated as "strong against ......" what effect or value do they add outside of the stated A/D?

Art of War
05-28-2012, 10:58 AM
I've only done about 2500 fights, so one of the more senior members will be able to help you more.
Personally I don't think being strong against has any real affect on the units overall A/D values. I think it just increases your chances of inflicting casualties on the appropriate unit type in your opponents army.

manbeast
05-28-2012, 11:16 AM
in the code, strong against units just have a "diminish" value. all the ones i know about are 25%

but nobody is absolutely certain what this means.

i, and pretty much everyone else, believe it has to do with killing your rivals units.

"strong against air" has a 25% higher chance of killing one of their air units or something like that

stricker
05-28-2012, 11:25 AM
in the code, strong against units just have a "diminish" value. all the ones i know about are 25%

but nobody is absolutely certain what this means.

i, and pretty much everyone else, believe it has to do with killing your rivals units.

"strong against air" has a 25% higher chance of killing one of their air units or something like that

...i've thinking along the same line w/you on these units.

ucantwin1
05-28-2012, 11:28 AM
Thanks manbeast, that makes sense. I,ve noticed as they retire certain units the new ones haven't had any " strong against" designations. Hope they don't do away with it. Always thought it was funny that the Gladiator anti- air tank was strong against ground - not air?

Ascent
05-28-2012, 01:09 PM
http://photosensual.org/mw/mw_gladiator.png

yeah, it's a lemon :D