PDA

View Full Version : Corps of Engineers Boost Building!!

manbeast
05-28-2012, 08:00 AM
I know I made a thread about this like a month ago, but we still don't have one so I'm making another thread.

This building will reduce upgrade times.

I don't care if it costs gold or cash, just make it happen.

I'd like it to be like 5% reduction per lvl so that, when I max it out, I'll be able to do 2 upgrades a week instead of one.

Thank you for your time

http://i46.tinypic.com/14dhooy.jpg

JohnnyR
05-28-2012, 08:22 AM
Only thing is that we'll never get 5% per upgrade, look at all the other boosts from buildings and units. 50% is a bit extreme. But I agree with this idea, even making it gold.

SeqWins
05-28-2012, 08:27 AM
Im down with this idea I think to be more realistic if you take the 5% per upgrade and ask for a 2% percent upgrade it'll be more doable. But I'm all for decreasing upgrade times.

manbeast
05-28-2012, 08:31 AM
fine. 2% upgrade.

BUT we get to buy 2 of them! bahahaha

manbeast
05-28-2012, 03:12 PM
shameless bump.

i also think this type of building shouldnt be unlocked until lvl 80 or 90. maybe even 100. so ppl who play and lvl up can eventually catch up to campers

http://i50.tinypic.com/8zjxol.jpg

stricker
05-28-2012, 03:39 PM
...please NO. I AM NOT GOING TO DO A WETLANDS DELINEATION AND PUBLIC HEARINGS TO BUILD MY NANO!!!

manbeast
05-28-2012, 04:12 PM
...please NO. I AM NOT GOING TO DO A WETLANDS DELINEATION AND PUBLIC HEARINGS TO BUILD MY NANO!!!

what does that mean?

stricker
05-28-2012, 05:12 PM
what does that mean?
...based upon the deductive evidence of merely your asking that question... i'll answer you like this manbeast... that means you had better not ever attempt to build anything without the help of a licensed professional architect, engineer, or landscape architect!!!

CAPT.GIN
05-28-2012, 05:17 PM
Anything that reduces time is good with me...

JohnnyR
05-28-2012, 06:04 PM
...based upon the deductive evidence of merely your asking that question... i'll answer you like this manbeast... that means you had better not ever attempt to build anything without the help of a licensed professional architect, engineer, or landscape architect!!!

Anything that reduces time is good with me...

The exchange here is too funny. :-)

Hey Strick, we've been stalled forever, I think getting a building full of these dudes to file them reports and drone on in those hearings is a good thing. Heck, maybe just introduce a lobbyist office in and just get the wheels moving the good old fashion way, graft style-haha! We'll just have to hope the buildings don't fall down. :)

stricker
05-28-2012, 06:58 PM
The exchange here is too funny. :-)

Hey Strick, we've been stalled forever, I think getting a building full of these dudes to file them reports and drone on in those hearings is a good thing. Heck, maybe just introduce a lobbyist office in and just get the wheels moving the good old fashion way, graft style-haha! We'll just have to hope the buildings don't fall down. :)

If Noah Built The Ark Today

And the Lord spoke to Noah and said: "In six months I’m going to make it rain until the whole earth is covered with water and all the evil people are destroyed. But I want to save a few good people, and two of every kind of living thing on the planet. I am ordering you to build Me an Ark." And in a flash of lightning He delivered the specifications for an Ark.

"OK," said Noah, trembling in fear and fumbling with the blueprints.

"Six months, and it starts to rain," thundered the Lord. "You’d better have the Ark completed, or learn how to swim for a very long time."

And six months passed. The skies began to cloud up and rain began to fall. The Lord saw that Noah was sitting in his front yard, weeping. And there was no Ark.

"Noah," shouted the Lord, "where is My Ark?"

A lightning bolt crashed into the ground next to Noah. "Lord, please forgive me!" begged Noah. "I did my best. But there were big problems. First I had to get a building permit for the Ark construction project, and your plans didn’t meet code. So I had to hire an engineer to redraw the plans. Then I got into a big fight over whether or not the Ark needed a fire sprinkler system. My neighbors objected claiming I was violating zoning by building the Ark in my front yard, so I had to get a variance from the city planning commission..

Then I had a big problem getting enough wood for the Ark because there was a ban on cutting trees to save the Spotted Owl. I had to convince U.S. Fish and Wildlife that I needed the wood to save the owls. But they wouldn’t let me catch any owls. So no owls. Then the carpenters formed a union and went out on strike. I had to negotiate a settlement with the National labor Relations Board before anyone would pick up a saw or a hammer. Now we have 16 carpenters going on the boat, and still no owls.

Then I started gathering up animals, and got sued by an animal rights group. They objected to me taking only two of each kind. Just when I got the suit dismissed, EPA notified me that I couldn’t complete the Ark without filing an environmental impact statement on your proposed flood. They didn’t take kindly to the idea that they had no jurisdiction over the conduct of a Supreme Being.

Then the Army Corps of Engineers wanted a map of the proposed new flood plan. I sent them a globe. Right now I’m still trying to resolve a complaint from the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission over how many Croatians I’m supposed to hire, the IRS has seized all my assets claiming I’m trying to avoid paying taxes by leaving the country, and I just got a notice from the state about owing some kind of use tax. I really don’t think I can finish your Ark for at least another five years," Noah wailed.

The sky began to clear. The sun began to shine. A rainbow arched across the sky. Noah looked up and smiled. "You mean you’re not going to destroy the earth?" Noah asked, hopefully.

"Wrong!" thundered the Lord. "But being Lord of the Universe has its advantages. I fully intend to smite the Earth, but with something far worse than a flood. Something Man invented himself—GOVERNMENT!"

SeqWins
05-28-2012, 07:02 PM
Bwahahahabwhahahahabwhahahahabehahahahahahahahahab whahabahsbabHwbabaha

manbeast
05-29-2012, 12:46 PM
that was pretty good. whered u find it?

http://i49.tinypic.com/9k2p91.jpg

SeqWins
07-02-2012, 05:00 PM
Upping this thread from the dead, I was reminded of it in another thread and realized how upgrade times need to improve....CCM here's a good starting point for ideas for you tech's

Poopenshire
07-02-2012, 05:06 PM
I have been thinking of a way to do this. You can approach it from a reduction of time or an increased overlap, ie the build up until you can upgrade 2 at once. From a programming perspective I feel te former would be easier, and from a user perspective the former would be perfected or so I would believe. Practically I would like to control my upgrades better with a timer reduction, we have seen it with an event item. I Infact have it, hence why I would want more. If we want to get more expansive I would make Corps decrease all times by up to 20% including building.

SeqWins
07-02-2012, 05:17 PM
I'll be stoked doing more than one upgrade per week I mean I can take the full 72 hrs for a Munition Stockpile it's a 24 hour building but 96 for a level 5 LVL 5!!!Electric PP? Are you serious? It's a one hour building!

And problems like these with upgrade times not making sense for many buildings it's one of the Main issues IMO it may not bother some of you but it irks me.

For the record I love Gold buildings I believe they did an awesome job with them they are expensive to upgrade but the times are considerably shorter to upgrade.. Why couldn't you get all of them right?

We need something equivalent of the 30% timer reduction bonus and for the ones who worked hard or were lucky and already have them well reward them as well, whether you make it a building that reduces time a unit that reduces upgrade times whether you want us to pay gold or cash just make it happen it's needed.

Dreno33
07-02-2012, 05:26 PM
Cement Factory = reduction in costs

-1%
-2%
-3%
-4%
-5%
-6%
-7%
-8%
-9%
-10%

Now, what about man beast's idea?
Corps of Engineers = reduction in times

-1%
-2%
-3%
-4%
-5%
-6%
-7%
-8%
-9%
-10%

~ OR ~

-2%
-4%
-6%
-8%
-10%
-12%
-14%
-16%
-18%
-20%

I think the first one is AWESOME, and that the second seems a bit extreme for GREE to actual go through with. though would much appreciate!!!!

SeqWins
07-02-2012, 05:34 PM
Why is the second one extreme when the Cement Factory is the only one that goes up single digits as upgraded!?!And when there is a unit that offers 30%? Gtfoh

CAPT.GIN
07-02-2012, 05:39 PM
I rater have a unit that does this instead of a building that way it can go to war with me...

Dreno33
07-02-2012, 05:42 PM
Why is the second one extreme when the Cement Factory is the only one that goes up single digits as upgraded!?!And when there is a unit that offers 30%? Gtfoh

20% decrease in time is pretty big, dude. and are you telling me or someone else to "Get The Fµck Outa Here"?

SeqWins
07-02-2012, 05:47 PM
It's just street speech don't get tracked over by a dozer, anyways 20% is what all other offer except the Cement Factory that's like around 8? Other boost buildings don't you play the game? Maybe you haven't unlocked the Cement Factory but everybody pretty much agrees this building is a joke and pretty much a waste of time to upgrade...and 20% a lot did you not play for the 30% in time reduction event? C'mon man your sounding noobish right now 20% is just right.

Tanner
07-02-2012, 05:49 PM

The following errors occurred with your submission
The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 10 characters.

Dreno33
07-02-2012, 05:52 PM
It's just street speech don't get tracked over by a dozer, anyways 20% is what all other offer except the Cement Factory that's like around 8? Other boost buildings don't you play the game? Maybe you haven't unlocked the Cement Factory but everybody pretty much agrees this building is a joke and pretty much a waste of time to upgrade...and 20% a lot did you not play for the 30% in time reduction event? C'mon man your sounding noobish right now 20% is just right.

i would LIKE 20%, but I'm trying to reasonable for it to actually happen. The other boost buildings are about units, they are ALL 20%. This building is about upgrades, the other one went to 10%, makes PERFECT sense for this one to as well.
C'mon man your sounding noobish right now

SeqWins
07-02-2012, 05:57 PM
Now I understand why everybody else gets on your case for not knowing the game..

manbeast
07-02-2012, 06:08 PM
if it was a 1% reduction per lvl i wouldnt even buy it. i'm going to spend probably 3 weeks upgrading a building that reduces upgrade times by 10%? it'll take 4 months just to break even time wise.

i'd like the upgrades to be really expensive, but substantial! as i proposed in the OP 5% per lvl

lvl 1 5% 250 gold (everyone will buy it)
lvl 2 10% $5 million
lvl 3 15% $12 million
lvl 4 20% $20 million

and so on. most people couldnt get past lvl 4, but some of us could.

bigflan
07-02-2012, 06:10 PM
if it was a 1% reduction per lvl i wouldnt even buy it. i'm going to spend probably 3 weeks upgrading a building that reduces upgrade times by 10%? it'll take 4 months just to break even time wise.

i'd like the upgrades to be really expensive, but substantial! as i proposed in the OP 5% per lvl

lvl 2 10% $5 million
lvl 3 15% $12 million
lvl 4 20% $20 million

This is absurd guys It would be 1000+ gold and would increase by 2 each time yeah fun everyone is going to get it 1000 gold Hahahhahahah

SeqWins
07-02-2012, 06:10 PM
Manbeast FTW, I really think this is the time to push this idea....

Ryan5100
07-02-2012, 06:26 PM
Manbeast FTW, I really think this is the time to push this idea....Agreed although it would costly would help us out a lot

manbeast
07-02-2012, 06:29 PM
Manbeast FTW, I really think this is the time to push this idea....

funny how i'm calling u an a-hole this morning and now we are bff's haha thanks for the support on the building. and thank you for your service to our country.

Dreno33
07-02-2012, 06:33 PM

lvl 2 10% $5 million
lvl 3 15% $12 million
lvl 4 20% $20 million

the VERY expensive upgrade costs would make it more reasonable.

CAPT.GIN
07-02-2012, 06:35 PM
I love the idea guys I'm 100% in!!! But woldent a unit that does this be better then a building???

Dreno33
07-02-2012, 06:36 PM
I love the idea guys I'm 100% in!!! But woldent a unit that does this be better then a building???

they already did dude... don't you know that? one of the events. it was 30% as I recall (didnt have it unlocked at the time)

manbeast
07-02-2012, 06:39 PM
they already did dude... don't you know that? one of the events. it was 30% as I recall (didnt have it unlocked at the time)

there was a unit that gave a 20% reduction time for upgrades and a unit that gave 30% reduction on upgrade costs (which is ridiculous)

and no these bonuses are too important to be given out in crate events!!! they need to be available for purchase.