PDA

View Full Version : Attn Funzio: Petition for a water defense building

SeqWins
05-28-2012, 07:26 AM
You guys can post your ideas or vision but this thread is mainly to have a water defense building. Please I'm sure we all agree we need one so if you would be so nice as tovote yes on the poll.

I think it would be cool to have an Alcatraz type building....

Arj
05-28-2012, 07:28 AM
I dont see a poll but i definatly agree and think its a great idea. If they are going to add any defense buildings a water type one would be best for sure!

SeqWins
05-28-2012, 07:29 AM
Ahhh sorry poll is in there now...

Fifth Reich
05-28-2012, 08:08 AM
You can put boats as defense buildings.:p

manbeast
05-28-2012, 08:16 AM
couple ideas for water defense-

hydrophone network
naval mines
some kind of pier with a bunker/lighthouse on it

Khimsoo
05-28-2012, 08:17 AM
wanted to vote against this poll cos expansion is getting very expensive now... but still voted for it. Some water defense would be nice.

Warfiend
05-28-2012, 08:17 AM
Mine'd waters, coastal defense batteries, advanced sonar installations, etc...

SeqWins
05-28-2012, 08:20 AM
Got one no, lol way to go whoever.

SeqWins
05-28-2012, 08:22 AM
wanted to vote against this poll cos expansion is getting very expensive now... but still voted for it. Some water defense would be nice.

What does expansion cost for you?

manbeast
05-28-2012, 08:33 AM
Got one no, lol way to go whoever.

probably a developer laughing at us

SeqWins
05-28-2012, 08:36 AM
Lol that would be funny if it was but it would also be worth it if here in a couple of hours we had an update with a couple of defense water buildings...

Tctiger
05-28-2012, 08:43 AM
Would be good but not needed if plan your base , I have 1 tower,1 bunker , 1 big bunker , 1 detention facility , 2 Sam ,1rail gun and 2 mine fields on oil rigs , I have rail gun and 2 mine fields covering where the new sea money building will go when I get them.

SeqWins
05-28-2012, 08:49 AM
I know if strategically placed you can protect your water buildings, that much we all know. Now what I want is structures to compensate for all of the water placed in the game, whether you have opted to expand your water or not the ratio right now is 95% land buildings to 5% water and available for expansion is about 75%land to 25% water so why not even it out with a water defense building(s) which happen to be absent from this game so far.

Mad
05-28-2012, 09:00 AM
Definitely need one. Oil rigs and desalination plants are getting hung out to dry without a proper defense. Though I am wondering if a SAM located at the waters edge could cover them. But we could use other water type buildings. We have lots of water, but little to put on the water.

el_gringo
05-28-2012, 09:05 AM
I agree that it would be an idea and suggest an in-game version of the Maundy forts used by the British in the second world war to protect the Thames estuary on the South East coast.

Basically these were several barges loaded with concrete and sunk to provide supports. The anti air ones were small groups of 5-7 platforms connected by gantries, and the anti shipping ones were more similar to oil rigs on two larger legs.

One of the anti shipping defenses is still in use today as a micro-nation, well worth reading about it on wiki - its called Sealand.

On the other hand though, I think that players playing as Britain already have a big enough advantage, if boost buildings can be destroyed taking their boost with them, sea defenses will help them protect their naval research better...

Sia
05-28-2012, 09:09 AM
You guys can post your ideas or vision but this thread is mainly to have a water defense building. Please I'm sure we all agree we need one so if you would be so nice as tovote yes on the poll.

I think it would be cool to have an Alcatraz type building....

2 months ago I asked C for the same building and he said Funzio is working on a similar idea, so we basically will have one soon.

SeqWins
05-28-2012, 09:11 AM
2 months ago I asked C for the same building and he said Funzio is working on a similar idea, so we basically will have one soon.

2 months ago is key here, months and soon shouldn't go in the same sentence lol

Mad
I agree that it would be an idea and suggest an in-game version of the Maundy forts used by the British in the second world war to protect the Thames estuary on the South East coast.

Basically these were several barges loaded with concrete and sunk to provide supports. The anti air ones were small groups of 5-7 platforms connected by gantries, and the anti shipping ones were more similar to oil rigs on two larger legs.

One of the anti shipping defenses is still in use today as a micro-nation, well worth reading about it on wiki - its called Sealand.

On the other hand though, I think that players playing as Britain already have a big enough advantage, if boost buildings can be destroyed taking their boost with them, sea defenses will help them protect their naval research better...

While its true the Brits have the boost for the sea, the Russians have the boost for its airfields, plus lots of ability to defend their boosts and airfields with land based defensive buildings. The water-based defenses would actually even the playing field, not give the Brits an advantage.

SeqWins

Awesome input man.

Tctiger
05-28-2012, 09:15 AM
That's a good point about the naval centre , sea units are not even with air ect anyway I guess that is to make us spend money changing nations which does make uk a weaker nation just look at the stats of the top valor unit for air and sea , the sea unit should have a much higher defence to make it fair on par with the AT&T of air unit . We do need a water based defence that would be cool . For the first time I have to agree with bigflange :)

Tctiger
05-28-2012, 09:18 AM
How does uk have a big advantage? I would say disadvantage . As I said the units are weeker and you can protect a land based building better than a sea one .

fuzzlenutz
05-28-2012, 09:18 AM

el g
Did you mean Maunsell Forts?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maunsell_Forts

el_gringo
05-28-2012, 09:27 AM
el g
Did you mean Maunsell Forts?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maunsell_Forts

Thats exactly what I meant. Can't think why I wrote Maundy, probably cos its Monday!

el_gringo
05-28-2012, 09:31 AM
How does uk have a big advantage? I would say disadvantage . As I said the units are weeker and you can protect a land based building better than a sea one .

the stats may be slightly weaker than the aircraft but the casualty rate certainly is not. I hardly ever lose ships or subs, and have more of them than anything but ground forces.

GhostShot
05-28-2012, 09:36 AM
Rubber Ducky - Unlock Lv. 150, DEF 200, Range MASSIVE

Art of War
05-28-2012, 09:49 AM
the stats may be slightly weaker than the aircraft but the casualty rate certainly is not. I hardly ever lose ships or subs, and have more of them than anything but ground forces.

However the sea units cost way more than their aerial counterparts. They are like four times more expensive.

I have to agree with tctiger on this one.

stricker
05-28-2012, 09:55 AM
...i also made this recommendation on the former "Suggestions" sub-heading some 2 or 3 months back. lol... and i agree w/seq... "soon" is laughable!!!

el_gringo
05-28-2012, 10:08 AM
However the sea units cost way more than their aerial counterparts. They are like four times more expensive.

I have to agree with tctiger on this one.

I think that the air and sea advantages are far more than the ground or infantry for Germany or China. I'm Germany atm but will change to Britain at lvl 60ish when I've reduced my dependancy on ground forces.

Art of War
05-28-2012, 11:19 AM
I think that the air and sea advantages are far more than the ground or infantry for Germany or China. I'm Germany atm but will change to Britain at lvl 60ish when I've reduced my dependancy on ground forces.
I agree with you there el_gringo. I'm UK myself.
I will give them their dues tho. I've run into a couple of impressive China players (Ukrit for example) who have strong infantry based armies. I think he's responsible for about 10% of my losses. :)
I've tried buying a number myself, biowarfare units etc to try them out but they cost so much and died so fast.

stricker
05-28-2012, 11:38 AM
the best nation strategy would be china early in game
change to germany in the 30-50ish levels
then change to russia until you get into the big blue ocean w/the whales;
at which time change to UK for the best high end stats...

at least for the light gold and free players

War Priest
05-28-2012, 11:42 AM
Seriously 1 person voted no? :confused:

stricker
05-28-2012, 11:47 AM
Seriously 1 person voted no? :confused:boronic...

SeqWins
05-28-2012, 11:48 AM
That what I was saying lol but manbeast threw the idea of it being a dev lol

War Priest
05-28-2012, 11:49 AM
This idea has been mentioned for many months so they are either working on one, or not going to do one.

stricker
05-28-2012, 12:39 PM
This idea has been mentioned for many months so they are either working on one, or not going to do one.
...i'd guess the former, but on their release schedule... meaning when the something like 35%-50% of the active ppls have every building available and start a lot of yelling!!!

Maverick50727
05-28-2012, 12:54 PM
We've been asking since feb so and more over the last month. I had expected it in the last buildings update. If not in the next building updates I'll really be surprised.

Automaine
05-28-2012, 01:03 PM
I swore I said the same thing about a month ago about getting some ocean mines for defense. I'm all for it

Sia
05-28-2012, 01:19 PM
...i also made this recommendation on the former "Suggestions" sub-heading some 2 or 3 months back. lol... and i agree w/seq... "soon" is laughable!!!

:) I guess everyone was tired of protecting from shore! Soon means 6 months :)

stricker
05-28-2012, 03:28 PM
...well they did introduce a fountain of young 'temple of healing' boost in KA, so i still have hope... just hope 6 doesn't go for 9 or 12!!! ...DARN YOU FUNZIO!!!

OVER DUE... PAST DUE... COM'ON!!!

btw... that was probably an overworked graphics dept employee that voted no!!! lol