PDA

View Full Version : I'm loving the PVP mechanics right now.

manbeast
05-27-2012, 11:18 PM
Of course losses the last couple days are staggering, but for how much PVP i've done, i feel like the losses really arent that bad.

i've lost a ton of units, but my strategy is not to replace any of them until the event is over. only units i've been buying are snipers (my meat shield of choice). i have 600 of them but dont know how many i bring to battle.

the valor units i have lost amount to about 10k valor, but i've banked 30k valor this weekend! woohoo profit!

my high dollar units are very stable. only lost like 1 or 2.

for some reason i feel like the casualty is easier to predict right now. attacking ppl less than 5k i have zero loss 95% of the time. ppl 5-10k defense, i lose 1 or 2 snipers. 10-20k i lose 3-4 snipers. i love losing snipers cause that means i'm not losing something else!

hope the devs keep it this way for a while. before when i did pvp i couldnt even maintain my valor units. now i'm making a profit.

sorry for the half drunken rant

Dodek
05-27-2012, 11:23 PM
Dont drink and fight. :eek:

Q Raider
05-28-2012, 12:07 AM
Certainly a game changer for many people, so long as they realise it is just a game and don't take things to heart (my stats....my PRECIOUS!!!!!! that sort of thing) then just get in a rip it up:cool:

I copped my first full hammering today 0-20. Okay the guy had a hundred more allies and double my defence but would have been nice to at least gotten one back.;)

Went to his board to comment on his impeccable timing as I had just finished a good raid and he snaffled half of it before I could bank it and wish him luck for the events.

His reply was he didn't care about the money or events he was chasing battle points and I was the first major he had seen. Apparently hitting a Major gives more battle points.

If so then I guess I will be stocking up on the defence units a bit more soon...

Noticed I seem to be getting more Valor per hit now and that the casualty rate seems less though I have changed my tactics significantly for this attack event.

Hopefully we will see some leveller events in the future where a set of rules are put in place to give all a chance. eg Personal selection of units for an event. Limited Gold events (you choose but can only bring say one per ally) that sort of stuff.

manbeast
05-28-2012, 12:25 AM
HOLY CRAP. i'm kind of in shock right now. the last 1000 fights i've won, i have won less than $1 mil.

just found somebody who had $3 mil unvaulted!!! man that felt good!

:marine:
05-28-2012, 12:26 AM
How much did u win

Q Raider
05-28-2012, 12:45 AM
How much did u win

As much as he could with whatever shots he had left.....:p

Aidan
05-28-2012, 12:47 AM
Remember it's not about A/D but rather number if units that are engaged in battle.
Say you bring 2000 units to battle and you fight someone who bring less than 600 units, you will have zero casualties.

Thats why when you battle with rivals that hv much less allies, you'll most likely have zero or low casualties.

manbeast
05-28-2012, 02:28 AM
How much did u win

took all 3 million lol

Remember it's not about A/D but rather number if units that are engaged in battle.
Say you bring 2000 units to battle and you fight someone who bring less than 600 units, you will have zero casualties.

Thats why when you battle with rivals that hv much less allies, you'll most likely have zero or low casualties.

i have noticed this, but i dont understand why?

also... another reason i love pvp is the valor drops are ridiculous. my battles are averaging about 6 xp and 12 valor. some fights i'll get 1 xp and 19 valor. never seen anything like it before. maybe the 40% valor boost is actually working

Q Raider
05-28-2012, 03:02 AM
Hmmm just wondering.

Not as high as your drops but I am certainly picking up Valor at a higher rate than previously.

Maybe the Elite Tank is actually giving 30% better Valor cause it certainly isn't giving 30% extra cash from the missions. Hit one today with a minimum payout of 190,000 got 190,618.

Even with the taxman taking a slice that isn't a 30% bonus...:p

ShawnBB
05-28-2012, 03:20 AM
So far, I only attack ppl with 10000- defense. And put rangers and pvp loots as meat shield. 300000 battle point now.
My lost is 40 HM, 20 attack drone, 16000+10000 valor lost. (I initially purchased 100 for each when unlocked)

Well, there's no choice for me, have to do endless battles to unlock higher rank units to burn my 400000+ valors :( :)

manbeast
05-28-2012, 07:49 AM
So far, I only attack ppl with 10000- defense. And put rangers and pvp loots as meat shield. 300000 battle point now.
My lost is 40 HM, 20 attack drone, 16000+10000 valor lost. (I initially purchased 100 for each when unlocked)

Well, there's no choice for me, have to do endless battles to unlock higher rank units to burn my 400000+ valors :( :)

wow those are some heavy losses. in that same time frame how did your super hornets and stealth frigates do?

i have also unlocked the hardened marine and attack drone, but i havent purchased any. just saving up my valor right now. might unload on that 800 valor ship. idk.

manbeast
05-28-2012, 07:50 AM
Hmmm just wondering.

Not as high as your drops but I am certainly picking up Valor at a higher rate than previously.

Maybe the Elite Tank is actually giving 30% better Valor cause it certainly isn't giving 30% extra cash from the missions. Hit one today with a minimum payout of 190,000 got 190,618.

Even with the taxman taking a slice that isn't a 30% bonus...:p

did you win the big ugly boat in the last event?

el_gringo
05-28-2012, 07:52 AM
I'm not noticing any difference.

I just attacked a guy who had around a quarter of my stats, US flag so he had no bonus, very low boost building levels etc etc.

I lost two of my better ground units. He had very few units with a strong against, and the one he did have more than five of (the avenger) is pretty useless against my extremely limited airforce.

Ryans67
05-28-2012, 08:33 AM
I have had to raid buildings in between attacking just to keep up my numbers. I was excited to find someone with 30k unvaulted. I'd say over the weekend, with 1700+ attacks, I may have found 1.5m, with most of it coming early on. As for valor, I've racked up close to 30k, and thats with maintaining my 100 SH. I've lost roughly 40-50 throughout the weekend.

manbeast
05-28-2012, 08:37 AM
I have had to raid buildings in between attacking just to keep up my numbers. I was excited to find someone with 30k unvaulted. I'd say over the weekend, with 1700+ attacks, I may have found 1.5m, with most of it coming early on. As for valor, I've racked up close to 30k, and thats with maintaining my 100 SH. I've lost roughly 40-50 throughout the weekend.

you using a lot of refills? 1700 is a lot! what # are you on the leaderboard

Noghri_ViR
05-28-2012, 11:01 AM
I had to quit fighting last night since I lost the last of my meatshields and now I'm rebuilding. I started out with 21k attack and 20k defense, eventually dropped down to just about 18.9k attack and I had 61k of valor points saved up. After buying up valor units to replenish my stats I'm up to 23.5k attack and 26k defense. Seems like it was a good tradeoff

Fifth Reich
05-28-2012, 04:03 PM
Dont drink and fight. :eek: You'll attack the Pirates and thats not cool man.

manbeast
05-29-2012, 08:43 PM
i think they changed the casualty rate sense i posted this. i was attacking the exact same ppl as earlier, and instead of getting zero loss, i'm getting 1 loss every time.

maybe if i had received my freaking prize unit, it would take it back to how it was