PDA

View Full Version : MUST READ (mods / staff especially): This crap needs to end.

Doctor EWW
05-27-2012, 06:06 PM
I've been playing a while and I love the game... But it is complete and utter bull that A: you can't earn gold without buying it and B: you can't get the event items without buying gold. I've been monitoring the frequency of opening any of the event things (rpg crate, art crate, etc);

Keep in mind, I'm using the middle option for each of them, giving a "medium" chance of opening said items. For the sake of this argument, I'll refer to the ongoing and soon to be finished event, using RPG crates to get the super RPG or whatever it's called.

The first crate I opened gave me a rocket (and I've had success the first try with every single event they've had so far) and then I miss, followed by another. Until I reach 3 and get that first item it's about 50% success, and then it becomes around 33% until I reach 5. After 5 the success rate is lower than 25%, and once I reached seven the rate is so low I don't even remember how many I've opened. I do know that I've been trying to get that next rocket for the better part of two days, but in that Span I've only OPENED 2 crates but instead of rockets I get other dumb items.

This has been the case for every single event of this kind that crime city has had (I've played for around a year I think, and they didn't start this until maybe a couple months ago, but since then it's been frequent and consistent; I cannot attest to know about any similar events before I started). The one exception was the event before this one (golden gun i believe) when I decided that I'd do something I don't normally do and spend some money to get some gold & just get it done. To be fair, I was thinking that "100% chance of an open crate" meant that I'd get a golden gun part every time, but I forgot about the other items you cam get. Regardless, I started using gold after my third golden gun part, and the frequency of getting the golden gun parts was EXACTLY the same frequency of getting any open crates in other events. After I got to 6 I ran out of gold, and decided against buying more because it took WAY too many chances to get from 5 to 6.

Are you really trying to tell me that this is just coincidence?? There is NO way that I'd have the same exact luck on every event; however, whether it is coincidence or not doesn't really matter, it just needs to change regardless. It should be WAY easier for players to earn these items, and it shouldn't cost a damn penny... I understand the games' designers and employees want to generate income... But imagine how many people would not only start playing but KEEP playing for longer if it were easier to acquire great items? Especially the items like the event ones that give you bonus skills and stats? I was looking through my mafia list trying to weed out the lower levels... I haven't added anyone to my mafia in months because I have over 2000 and you only really need 500, and I found that just under half of them were under level 30-40... I am a level 117 and was probably around lvl50 when I stopped adding people to my mafia, which means that just under half of my mafia either a: were diagnosed with some form of mental retardation once they hit lvl 40-50 and can't figure out to play anymore, or b: the much more likely scenario, they stopped playing, either because they got bored or they got tired of people having better items than them that cost money they don't have.

I'm not just saying this because I didn't get the items (although it is a big reason) I honestly think that crime city will have a much better chance to keep new / casual users if they do one of two things(or hopefully both):

1. Make there some sort of way to get gold in the game I.E. Missions, goals, other events etc. It doesn't have to be a ton of gold... Even just 5 or so bars for a mission or goal would be WAY better than it is now.

2. Not only have more events like the ones they're having now, but make it possible to win the best items without using gold (anyone who says they got the 10-crate items without using gold is either lying or going on 6 day meth binges and staying up 24 hours a day for the duration so they can use crates every single hour the events go on for, because I used crates every hour I was awake for the entirety of each event and never got above 7.) not only change this about the existing events, but have more of them! I love the PVP tourney, and that it overlaps with the other event; this is a step in the right direction, but in my opinion there is still work to be done.

I Gaurantee that If one or both of these suggestions are implemented, there will be many more happy users that not only play more but stay playing.

I hope someone in power reads this and takes it to heart... This is More than I've ever written on any forum for anything ever. I never give a damn about games to write on a forum... But this needed to be said.

PS: i clearly don't know this forum.. If there is a feedback section or something to that effect can someone either re post it or let me know so I can do it? Thanks!

Doctor EWW
754 229 357

(as of may 27th)
20,328 ATK
20,014 DEF
2,035 mafia

mnju_03
05-27-2012, 06:10 PM
Oh boy...here we go.

Euchred
05-27-2012, 06:10 PM
The events are designed to get harder as you get closer to 10.

I've gotten an event item without gold fairly easily before it's just a matter of luck.

QPR
05-27-2012, 06:23 PM
Expect dipstick to be on here shortly telling you to stop "whining"

joaquim
05-27-2012, 06:24 PM
I get 1-8 at about a 40% chance but 9-10 at 0%. I like those 2 options you gave but I like 1 better cuz I need the gold. It would be good if both of these were put into effect.

Maniaxe
05-27-2012, 06:46 PM
Did you have to go through Random House to get that post up?

bigflan
05-27-2012, 06:48 PM
Actually there is a way to get gold it's called Tapjoy and earn free gold tab also in ranks you get gold too for the first 3 ranks you get 5 gold each which is okay

Babytway
05-27-2012, 06:48 PM
stop whining....sorry to beat dipstick, ive have a couple event items with no gold. i play just fine with the little gold items i have. even if i didnt have gold items(which i dont have alot) i would still get along great in this game, you dont have to be the top player to have fun, you dont have to spend any money to enjoy it. this is a free game so the company has to sell something(gold) to make a profit to support the game.

7rs60
05-27-2012, 06:54 PM
I got the Punisher RPG with a "Low" chance, free open. It's possible, it wasn't even that hard, and you can do it if you follow your dreams.

Yahkin
05-27-2012, 07:40 PM
This problem can be fixed by uninstalling the application.

Daniel2115
05-27-2012, 08:21 PM
I got the punisher rpg with no gold

Paulio
05-27-2012, 08:28 PM
Sorry guy, this is not what I call a must read. Read post #8 from Babytway and learn to enjoy yourself.

Doctor EWW
05-27-2012, 08:58 PM
What's funny is I had to convince myself to actually post something here... I mean it's a vid game forum... A FREE vid game at that.. So naturally I felt like a huge dweeb for even making an account, But then u lil kids actually tried to troll me on this same forum... So thanks for channeling ur inner nergin (nerd virgin). Much love 8-)

And whoever it was that said u got to 10 without gold... no u def didn't, at least I hope not, cuz if you did it means ur on crime city 24/7... Gotta get a job / laid.. Or at least sum friends that u don't have to codepost to get :-/

Fredo
05-27-2012, 09:14 PM
I got it without using gold too. It wasn't that hard, and in no way did it require me to make "crime city 24/7," let alone spend much time trying. And after dedicating your time to making a post full of self-righteous indignation about how irate the game makes you, meaning that you clearly take it more seriously than any of us, you accuse other people of making the game their life? What a douche. Frankly, I think you are the one that "gotta get a job / laid," because if you had either, you wouldn't be spouting off like such a hypocritical ****.

7rs60
05-27-2012, 09:18 PM
Fredo is correct on all points. I got it on free open, not even coins, and I'm not on much, I just started.

Mr BigBenga
05-27-2012, 09:31 PM
People are trolling because they have a different opinion than you?

Stop being so closed minded. Its not because that happened to you that will happen with everybody.

Doctor EWW
05-27-2012, 10:35 PM
Not sure how having an open mind or not has anything to do with any of this. Sorry brohemoth.

You guys are missing the point; what I meant by that rant is that theres a good choice that more people would keep playing to higher levels if sick items were easily attainable... At least a bit easier, like without having to use gold. Not only that, but if people play to higher levels they are exponentially more likely to buy gold, so crime city will get what they want.. Money :-)

I don't give a crap about those people I just want sick items without gold.. But I figure crime city will be more likely to make a change if it benefits them monetarily.

Doctor EWW
05-27-2012, 10:40 PM
And P.S. I clearly embellished my case.. Tryin to make moves son! But I really haven't found anyone thats gotten the 10x items without gold, and I've gotten responses from probably 50 people in game. They either can't get em or used gold. So you guys are the only ones.. You should feel special ;-)

No need to respond to this anymore, I don't use forums I just wanted to try and get a msg to the powers that be.. Instead I got people either proving me wrong or airing out their issues cuz it's past their bedtime and they think I'm whining

nvbealone
05-27-2012, 10:42 PM
I don't give a crap about those people I just want sick items without gold...

cheapskate

Yahkin
05-27-2012, 10:47 PM
Your use of the English language reminds me of my 14 year old nephew.

Johnny70
05-27-2012, 11:08 PM
hey man cant we all just get along? LOL the game is what it is lets say your right just for a second and nobody gets to ten with out gold or "meth" if in your mind that is the truth accept it and play the game for free, build your economy and be happy with your acomplishments but dont think for a second that this game would exist without some way to make revenue... would you rather a ad popped up for 15 sec between fight screens or be able to play the game for free because of others that buy gold to support the revenue streem and dont you think they should be able to decide to what level they want to support your playing for free without having to listen to whinning about how you dont get the same items for free? I'm just sayin....

emcee
05-27-2012, 11:11 PM
No gold and already have 3 event end items including this last one.
No one is forcing you to play. We all generally play by the same rules well at least for these events as I've not heard about any hacks yet other than going overtime.
Disparaging remarks about members not having a life, etc is not going to make you friends.
By the way as a part time generally inactive camper I've got a great job, social life and lots of friends :)

Alice
05-27-2012, 11:17 PM
Considering what you want and what funzio could give you, I would only recommend developing a game for your own...

BTW the conclusion seems to be: you don't want to spend money, you don't want to spend time either, yet you still want the grand prize...at the cost of what?

emcee
05-27-2012, 11:26 PM
Considering what you want and what funzio could give you, I would only recommend developing a game for your own...
No need. The game is called solitaire.

nopenopenope
05-27-2012, 11:31 PM
I tried robbing the king of clubs once but he never retaliated and just sat there with his 3 buddies camping away in the corner...

outbackhat
05-28-2012, 03:52 AM
While I did get the last gold gun and spent no gold, I used almost only all gold after I got eight rockets and couldn't get anymore crates open. after golding 30 crates open still didn't get rpg. Better to not use gold and not get more crates till you have opened what you have finished with 65 left to open.

Max Power
05-28-2012, 08:04 AM
What's funny is I had to convince myself to actually post something here... I mean it's a vid game forum... A FREE vid game at that.. So naturally I felt like a huge dweeb for even making an account, But then u lil kids actually tried to troll me on this same forum... So thanks for channeling ur inner nergin (nerd virgin). Much love 8-)

And whoever it was that said u got to 10 without gold... no u def didn't, at least I hope not, cuz if you did it means ur on crime city 24/7... Gotta get a job / laid.. Or at least sum friends that u don't have to codepost to get :-/

Actually, it's not a free game. Game don't pay for themselves. You want the good stuff for free or with little effort. We get it. Sounds like a byproduct of the helicopter parenting generation, where everyone was given a certificate of participation.

Just delete the app and try another one.

Reutdog
05-28-2012, 08:20 AM
Hey guys I'm with EWW on this one for this specific reason...

2 days ago I had 9 outnof 10 rockets for the super rpg attained. I spent the next 2 days opening crates with gold only and spent 1410 GOLD and never saw the last rpg. I opened over 40 crates. Now THAT is bull$#/+

Also, I'm not sure if anyone else noticed but Crime City's server was on thenfritz yesterday and I'm wondering if that effected things withnopening the crates. Either way I expect someone from funzio to contact me, Cause that's the last gold I'll ever buy on this game period if it isn't Beneficial.

OG Kush
05-28-2012, 11:55 AM
If had the same angry you had. I bought gold and didn't get my 10th whatever I ranted but it didn't help at all.

ccjammie
05-28-2012, 09:14 PM
I'm with EWW. I opened with the middle option almost every hour save for the 7-8 hours I would be asleep and couldn't get past 8 on the last 3 events. I have 3 items from previous events, but had to spend gut wrenching amounts of gold for them and would never do it again especially after I saw that forum post a while back that showed the odds were actually BETTER if you DIDN'T use gold.

mnju_03
05-28-2012, 09:17 PM
No need. The game is called solitaire.

Wow.... LOL!

foxtrekker
05-28-2012, 09:32 PM
Id just like to say i have not gotten a single number 10 event item and ive opened them all with the "medium" chance.
The events never said that its more difficult the higher you get it just tells you the chance of getting something with each opening device.
I had to contact funzio to get the info about the chances getting smaller as you go, which became obvious anyway.
It is true, if you're unlucky at this game you can get really frustrated. Most of the aspects in the game are based on luck anyway tho, so we should be used to that.
It is a fun game, but it is vague.
It would be like playing pacman and eating the powerpill and then going to eat the ghosts and one out of the 4 has a chance of killing you but you dont know which.

Ranier
05-28-2012, 10:19 PM
what are u people talk about, and y you wasting your money

Bruce_law
05-28-2012, 10:21 PM
Its all about luck.

The final prize event has probably a value of a vault of gold(since the tech gatling gun is 800 gold and still has less stats than the final prize items + the additional effect), and since you have a chance to get it for free the event need to be hard.

Scarface corleone
05-29-2012, 03:34 AM
I read your entire post, and I hate to be the one to tell you this, but you spelt " guarantee" wrong.

mastazero
05-29-2012, 03:45 AM
you are right

jmeijer
05-29-2012, 04:37 AM
And whoever it was that said u got to 10 without gold... no u def didn't, at least I hope not, cuz if you did it means ur on crime city 24/7... Gotta get a job / laid.. Or at least sum friends that u don't have to codepost to get :-/You are an idiot if you suggest such things.. I did get 3 of my 4 grand prizes without using gold. It's called luck. And you should be happy with events, you get gold items for free if you don't spend anything.

Max Power
05-29-2012, 04:47 AM
..... especially after I saw that forum post a while back that showed the odds were actually BETTER if you DIDN'T use gold.

How on earth can you be talked into believing this?

Burn
05-29-2012, 05:19 AM
This thread, and the OP in particular, wins my 'Fart of the Week' prize for creating a dramatic sounding thread that promised much, but ultimately delivered absolutely no solid material.

http://www.moonbattery.com/archives/farting-cow.jpg

mysteryliner
05-29-2012, 05:41 AM
I've never been able to get to 10 at any of the events.
and i play waay to much, so probably over 15 x per day trying to get these achievements.

I'm in hospital, I can't sleep for more than 5 hours,
So, i play to much games, because i have to much time and nothing better to do...
yet am unable to complete any of these events.

- I always used the second option (13 000 money) roughly every 70-90minutes.
usually ending at 7 boxes/crates/rockets
The one time i did get to 9 i had about 34hours left and tried using gold... Didn't work. I kept getting other items, but no boxes/crates.

So, i also think things are to hard to achieve.

& the free gold idea sounds good, I do understand that it is a way of income for funzio, but there are lots of companies out there that also have games, also make a living with in-game purchasing, But they do provide periodically free gold, mojo, space eagle, etc. (ngmoco, storm9, rovio)

kykboxr
05-29-2012, 08:45 AM
EWW, we've all been down that road. I, too, was affected by this and thought it was asinine. This won't change, and the only way to deal with it is to either understand the dynamics behind the events/chance, or take it 'as is' and hope for the best. During the first event, I opened about ten crates with gold, and got lucky on a few and had some hazmat suits and shivs that were useless. The last two events, I've only used the medium option and landed with nine, both of which landed on the LAST HOUR of the event. This past even I had eight through two days. It's frustrating, but manageable to do this with a life and family. Most people here are working professionals with a family, so saying that someone needs to get laid, though true, is probably married (and as everyone knows, once you're hitched, the chance of pootang pie is the same as getting the 9-10 crates) ;)

Good luck EWW and hopefully your luck will change for the better!