PDA

View Full Version : Do you guys collect every time?

Luciferianism
05-27-2012, 02:24 AM
I probably shouldn't disclose this but I have two level 5 Movie Threaters in my hood (a 12 hour collection cycle). I'm a night person, I stay up late and wake up late. So I usually can get one collection per day but if they are at 10 am and 10 pm for example I'd always sleep past the morning collection and they would get robbed. And I can miss both collections if I go out to work or if I go clubbing with friends.
I play on a wifi only iPad, so only play at home. I'm going out today and will probably get robbed and won't be able to open event boxes but that's another story.
I could leave my iPad on all night and have a full volume alarm scream at me when it's time to collect but I don't want to be that guy.
Does everyone else cope with 12 hour collection and I'm just flawed with being nocturnal?

Jill
05-27-2012, 02:36 AM
Lol your life style is certainly flawed with regard to collecting anything less than 24hrs buildings, but hey no worries, enjoy your life and CC can come in a good second. Don't let it take over your life, if that possible lol.

Plumbernick9
05-27-2012, 02:38 AM
Yeah. We'll take care of those 12 hr buildings for you.

tony187
05-27-2012, 03:03 AM
yea leave it to us, u sleep tight

Euchred
05-27-2012, 05:53 AM
My situation is a little different because I have it on my phone that's always on me but it's very easy for me to collect at around 10am/pm everyday

GazLegend
05-27-2012, 06:13 AM
Stick to 24 hour buildings, you will always be awake at a curtain time everyday

Swifty
05-27-2012, 06:17 AM
I try to collect my laundromats on time but real life interferes.

k0de
05-27-2012, 06:23 AM
I fail to see the harm in disclosing such information. If you don't collect on time they get robbed anyway so who cares? I'm the same- two MTs at L7, Loft at L4 and RC at L2- plus the Nightclub and Pirate Tavern as well. If I'm in the mood I can make every collection on weekends, but when I'm at work during the week, losing a few hundred k of fake money is the least of my concerns. If I made half the collections on the 8s and 12s it would be a very good week.

The thing is, with cash being the least valuable commodity in the game, even losing a substantial amount doesn't really put you at that much of a disadvantage unless perhaps you're in the lower levels where cash weapons haven't yet been superseded by awesome loot like Nail Bats. Other than that, it just means it'll take longer to complete the "Buy one Subway Entrance" goal, thus delaying your collection of the 85 cents or so you receive from doing it.

k0de
05-27-2012, 06:32 AM
P.S. my Nightclub got robbed while I was writing the above.

mnju_03
05-27-2012, 07:13 AM
No on your life! I justify it with 2 main facts...1 It doesn't bother me, 2 I like other people to get a chance to play the game and I feel like I helped. Clearly it's purely lack giving a hoot. I love just building mostly right now.

ShawnBB
05-27-2012, 07:37 AM
It's good to have a life, I feel sorry for myself that I can pretty much collect wedding chapel on time :(

let event alone, 7/10 is more than enough. Every hour openers are losers.

PawnXIIX
05-27-2012, 08:18 AM
Yes I always collect on 12 hours. I have them on a 10am/10pm cycle which allows me to collect when I wake up and collect after I get out of work on a few days as well.

I don't understand why I was robbed $4,000 total from my Underboss House and Italian Restaurants. I mean really? I feel like that's just a pointless rob O.o

Dreno33
05-27-2012, 08:27 AM
when i get my NC, I'ma be tempted to set alarms for the night collection, lmao. MUST..... RESIST....

iteachem
05-27-2012, 08:54 AM
I have been pretty successful hitting nightclubs early in the morning (between 4 and 6am)....Got four this morning that way.

PawnXIIX
05-27-2012, 10:11 AM
I guarantee that if I average the amount you can earn from robbing laundromats, it will outweigh the average you can make from underboss houses. I am just too lazy to compile statistics :P

Of the $4000 I lost from robberies, I already robbed $250,000 and about a 1,000 RP so far...I wonder if these people are even aware that spamming defense buildings is a pointless strategy :D

Max Power
05-27-2012, 12:36 PM
This is why I weas happy when I switched from a wifi device to an iPhone.