PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on Rob Winnings into explosives

iteachem
05-26-2012, 07:47 AM
So with all of these uncollected hoods I am running across this morning, I was wondering about how you folks allocate the winnings. I am starting to buy offensive explosives with my winnings so that I can hit stronger players a little more easily. With that said I am putting about half of rob wins into explosives right now...

Any thoughts on this

Luciferianism
05-26-2012, 07:54 AM
I used to use them and I have 250 hand grenades, when they're gone I don't think I'll replace them because it's possible to lose 3 at a time and that 6K is a nasty bite in my rob profits, really adds up over time so I'm just gonna go for people I know I can beat without explosives. Also the dirt cheap stuff is worth having, molos and smokes for 50 or 150 bucks each. I find time bombs are destroyed incredibly fast for some reason.

iteachem
05-26-2012, 07:56 AM
When my economy can buy me 500 napalms and I can afford to waste and replace them.... Then I'll buy attack explosives....

I can't afford them with economy but with winnings from robs if it helps me rob higher players its a secondary source of income that should increase as I have more targets. The key to me is the percentage of winnings i put into them so that I don't mind the losses since I didn't pay for them with my economy.

I have 19k/19K so I can't hit everyone I see without some explosive help

Spartacus
05-26-2012, 07:58 AM
It's easy to outfit a smaller sized mob (such as 3 mafia members) with attack and defense explosives. I'm not so sure about a larger sized mob and how much that would offset your economy growth.

iteachem
05-26-2012, 08:04 AM
Well here is an example of how I am proceeding.

I just came across a hood from a player at 22K/24K attack defense. He had 1 level 2 NC 2 Level 4 lofts 2 Level 3 Upscales 2 level 2 churches and a few others buidings... I lost some robs against but did pretty well (don't remember exact total)

I lost a few hand grenades with each hit 2-3 but easily pulled in more money than explosive losses. After the robs I rebought explosives to make up for losses and put additional money into explosives increasing attack by about 100-200, Then deposited about 30 K in winnings.

So I am in a better place after this rob with no money out of pocket and increase in attack stats..

Babytway
05-26-2012, 08:11 AM
put all into explosives its free money anyway. i use all my rob cash for frag grenades then when i got around 600 i started buying the next higher one. now my frags are pretty much maintained at 500 and the other one stays around 150-200

Luciferianism
05-26-2012, 08:15 AM
That's an argument I used to justify it to myself but it's unpredictable how many times you'll lose and for me the loss of stamina points and time and the aggravation of a worthy foe are factors so I generally don't mess with people who have top stats for the level.

Johnny70
05-26-2012, 08:22 AM
explosives are like a racecar... never take anything to the track you cant afford to lose because they can be gone in a puff of smoke!

iteachem
05-26-2012, 08:26 AM
so I generally don't mess with people who have top stats for the level.

I tend to go after most... makes the game more interesting

Dr BoneCrusher
05-26-2012, 08:27 AM
That's an argument I used to justify it to myself but it's unpredictable how many times you'll lose and for me the loss of stamina points and time and the aggravation of a worthy foe are factors so I generally don't mess with people who have top stats for the level.

I don't mind poking someone in the eye with better stats then me as long as they have more to loss.

Luciferianism
05-26-2012, 08:53 AM
Obviously if the pay off is quite significant, you go for it though :) Like just now I found two level 4 lofts, and two level 7 MTs, 120K total from robbing it all. If it were a level 2 or 3 Movie Threater I probably wouldn't have bothered because I'd likely lose a lot of the cash in explosives and a lot of time. If the pay out is small and you've lost two stamina points and 4K or 6K of explosive, you'd have been better off fighting a chump. It's just about choosing your battles.

k0de
05-26-2012, 09:01 AM
I used to do the same as Babytway but I realise now that 500 ends up being a waste as I'm acquiring the next tier devices faster than I expend the old ones. Also, as you start to move the balance towards the more powerful weapon, the chance of expending one of the older ones decreases as fewer and fewer of your mob are equipped with them. I still have 502 Molitovs, 119 Hand Grenades and 385 Frag Grenades, all of which are now worth their weight in Butterfly Knives.

But anyway, yeah I agree with dedicating stolen funds to buying explosives, although now that I'm stocking Napalm it's becoming increasingly difficult to do so solely with looted coin. If the total is substantially less than the $64k I need, I'll usually just dump it into a couple of Stun Grenades or maybe an Anthrax if I need it.

Oh, and of course I had to stock up on Stun Grenades the day before the PvP event was announced, didn't I? FML.