PDA

View Full Version : Mid range units and casualty rate

Odie
05-26-2012, 04:31 AM
When I unlocked Beserker and Rifleman I loaded up on them (100 each) because they seemed the be the strongest I could get. However, they die constantly even though they say they have low casualty rate. Does anybody know the best units to use in terms of actual casualty rate vs power? I just unlocked Manticore and I am giving some of them a shot since I am not wasting money on the other two anymore (or Invoker which should basically be a meat shield they die so fast).

Also, with honor so hard to accumulate, am I better off saving up for Canons at 500 or buying more Assasins at 200 each? Thanks.

Feraralive
05-26-2012, 05:01 AM
Sorry, what you mean?

Freekizh
05-26-2012, 07:57 AM
Do the invokers die faster than the berserkers?

Don't waste buying assassins.

Odie
05-26-2012, 08:06 AM
I haven't logged it or tested it, but when I loaded up on 50 invokers they basically starting vanishing 1 for every 2 PvP actions...it was fugly. Berserkers are a little better but still die too easily. Riflemen seem somewhere in the middle. So far the Manicore seem to live longer but at 2x the cost they should.

Yeah, I wasn't impressed with Assasins but I wasn't sure if I just had a bad experience. Honor takes so long to save 500 for a Canon but i have only ever lost 1 so they seem worth it. They should just rename Assasins to GIGN.

Freekizh
05-26-2012, 08:31 AM
Well you can only make conclusions based on similar number of units, otherwise you need to track your losses.

If you have 100 berserkers you should expect 1 to die in every attack. If 100 invokers, 2-3 to die (or 1-2 if 50 invokers). At only 340-425 each they are pretty cheap.

el_gringo
05-26-2012, 02:20 PM
Giant worms seem pretty low casualty rate around that sort of stat range.

el_gringo
05-26-2012, 02:50 PM
Does anyone have any experience imp v berserker.

I have around the same number of both and don't think I've lost an imp yet, but they are a fairly recent addition to my army.

MaverickMunkey
05-26-2012, 03:02 PM
I have around the same number of both and don't think I've lost an imp yet, but they are a fairly recent addition to my army.

I have found that imps die fast - i am constantly having to replenish my stocks whereas the berserker is not too bad.

If your looking for a good mid-range unit, I have found that the Manticore is pretty resilient.

el_gringo
05-26-2012, 03:13 PM
Just double checked and I have ten of each of mine.

I'm finding that beasts and magicians in general tend to have a much lower casualty rate than infantry or machines, although I am a bit top heavy numbers wise with machines, so I'd expect a higher casualty rate there.

MaverickMunkey
05-26-2012, 04:11 PM
Thanks. Do you have the same number of imps as berserker like el gringo when u found they were dying faster?

I have 50-60 of each but they are pretty much superceeded by the numbers of Seige Towers and Manticores I now have.

rareay84
05-27-2012, 08:43 AM
My 10/12 Centurions are doing fine. Low .008 casualty rate means I lose one about once every 3 attacks, so if I make 100 gold per attack or so, I don't notice. I team them up with the best armor/weap combo my level will allow. With luck, they'll carry me through to level 40, when I'll swap them out for Steam Tanks. With less luck, they'll take me to lvl 30 and get replaced with High Priests.

custos
05-29-2012, 08:20 PM
Don't waste buying assassins.

Why do you say that? I have bought 8 assassins, and in 10 levels of constant raiding and PvP I've only lost one. They have been as tough as nails for me.

Freekizh
05-29-2012, 09:42 PM
Why do you say that? I have bought 8 assassins, and in 10 levels of constant raiding and PvP I've only lost one. They have been as tough as nails for me.

I prefer to use gold units whenever I can. I am still using really crap units believe it or not with like 6-8 attack.