PDA

View Full Version : Whining abaut casualty

Sgt K
05-25-2012, 10:45 PM
Can't remember the last time I a lost a light gunner, ranger or a scout. Or maybe a truck or a humvee. I've exhausted all the valor missions and started with about 450 super hornets and 300 mlrs. Now I'm down to 50 mlrs and 150 superhornets. Losing only low cas rate high value units. It has seriously taken my att/def down. Anyone else losing those low priced meatsfields?

Dreno33
05-25-2012, 11:13 PM
maybe you're not using your meat shields at all b/c of the amount of other units you have and the ally # you are walking around with, no?

Maverick50727
05-26-2012, 07:18 AM
maybe you're not using your meat shields at all b/c of the amount of other units you have and the ally # you are walking around with, no?
Dreno is absolutely correct. If you are not losing them 99.9% chance is that you are not taking them in as part of your battle group. Easy to see if you have less that 45 unit types taken, over you have to do the math. Buy a new unit say Attack 10, if your attack goes up 8, then it is replacing a units with 2A (you lowest unit)

Sugarymama
05-26-2012, 07:23 AM
Dreno is absolutely correct. If you are not losing them 99.9% chance is that you are not taking them in as part of your battle group. Easy to see if you have less that 45 unit types taken, over you have to do the math. Buy a new unit say Attack 10, if your attack goes up 8, then it is replacing a units with 2A (you lowest unit)

Hey Mav, can you explain that again please? Because I'm losing snipers in almost every attack, but I'm also losing very valuable units like Super Hornets, Strykers, even the new valor units you get from the rankings system. And I'm beating pretty weak players. I should not be losing units that strong. What can I do to avoid this going forward?

-->FISH<--
05-26-2012, 07:26 AM
Hey Mav, can you explain that again please? Because I'm losing snipers in almost every attack, but I'm also losing very valuable units like Super Hornets, Strykers, even the new valor units you get from the rankings system. And I'm beating pretty weak players. I should not be losing units that strong. What can I do to avoid this going forward?

What are your boost bldg lvls? Are you losing more during an event or when there isn't one?

Sugarymama
05-26-2012, 07:29 AM
What are your boost bldg lvls? Are you losing more during an event or when there isn't one?

My composites factory is at 8. I haven't really concentrated on my infirmary at all, so maybe that's the problem. I guess I should upgrade that to the max..

The contest is what's causing me to lose units, because I'm attacking all day now. That, and the new rankings system has me stepping up my attacks now..

Big John
05-26-2012, 07:48 AM
Think it depends what units the player has that you are attacking. It would take all day to check so you just have to accept it.
I lost an ambulance which I didn't think I would bring into battle so I may report the player to the Geneva convention for attacking the red cross.lol.

Art of War
05-26-2012, 07:57 AM

Hello Sugarymama.
I think the point Mav was making about unit losses was to do with number of allies and number of units.
I will keep this simple so I don't confuse myself :). As every ally you have allows you to take an extra four units to battle.
Say my whole army only consisted of four snipers and four super hornets.
If I went to battle with one ally, I would take my four best attack units. Therefore I would only take my four SH and I could only loose SHs.
If I go to battle with two allies, I would have to attack with my whole army and could now loose either type of unit.
This is the reason Sankari isn't loosing any weak units and why you're loosing all types of units.

You're too popular :)

Hope that helps?

Thunder Child
05-26-2012, 08:05 AM
@ Art of War

You might be teaching a grandmother (sorry Sugar) something about sucking and eggs!

Art of War
05-26-2012, 08:18 AM
Hi Thunder Child.
I thought that too mate, however I read her post asking Maverick to explain. I thought I could help.
I can't resist a damsel in distress. Even granny damsels. :)

Thunder Child
05-26-2012, 08:23 AM
Hi Thunder Child.I thought that too mate, however I read her post asking Maverick to explain. I thought I could help.I can't resist a damsel in distress. Even granny damsels. :)Now you're just digging a hole for yourself!

Art of War
05-26-2012, 08:58 AM
Stop trying to get me into trouble. Now where did I leave that spade?

Sugarymama
05-26-2012, 09:37 AM
I should battle both of you in the game. We'll see who the granny is then...lol

@TC, where the hell did you get grandmother from??? That's a damn shame. Lol..

Art of War
05-26-2012, 08:35 PM
I should battle both of you in the game. We'll see who the granny is then...lol

@TC, where the hell did you get grandmother from??? That's a damn shame. Lol..
Sugarymama
I think I've given TC enough time to reply now. Didn't want to jump in like last time. :)
I believe 'teaching your grandmother to suck eggs' is a saying used to convey the idea that you're trying to teach someone who already knows what you're trying to teach them. Like 'trying to preach to the converted'. I'm trying to help again but am far too drunk for this. :( I should never have tried to get that tenth part when I got home.
Sorry for any confusion, and all the best.

JMC
05-26-2012, 08:44 PM
People seem to have come up with idea that meatshields are supposed to work every time for some reason. The casualty rate between different units is all based off of percents. You have a much higher chance to lose a meatshield than other units, but that doesn't erase the fact that there is still a chance to lose those high value units.