PDA

View Full Version : 6 Questions to Answer(:

Dreno33
05-25-2012, 09:37 PM
I originally posted these Q's in the "Where were you???" thread, but...

New thread man! This sounds like a fun topic.

SO, HERE WE GOOOOOOO !! ......

1) What is your all-time favorite building?
2) Why?
3) What is your all-time worst building?
4) Why?
5) Do you think it is worth it to buy 5 types of every defense building?
6) Why or why not?

War Priest
05-25-2012, 09:38 PM
1) Composite Factory

2) Gives the power of hundreds of units.

3) Supply Depot

4) I can easily find more money under the couch than what that produces.

5) No.

6) A lot of buildings require a lot of room. I would get 5 of the best buildings and say forget the low ones like the guard tower and bunkers.

Copenhagen
05-25-2012, 09:39 PM
I'll 2nd WP, with the exception on the defense buildings. I like having 5 SAMs, 5 Mine Feilds and plan to get 5 of the plasma rays at lvl 75. I like the limited size and high range of these items better than the other land hogs.

War Priest
05-25-2012, 09:41 PM
I'll 2nd WP, with the exception on the defense buildings. I like having 5 SAMs, 5 Mine Feilds and plan to get 5 of the plasma rays at lvl 75. I like the limited size and high range of these items better than the other land hogs.

I said best buildings. So that is fine, I am just saying no to 5 of every one.

I have 5 EMP cannons and 1 Drone Center. Mainly got that because it's cool looking. It's way to big to get 5 of though.

JohnnyR
05-25-2012, 09:43 PM
SO, HERE WE GOOOOOOO !! ......

1) What is your all-time favorite building?
2) Why?
3) What is your all-time worst building?
4) Why?
5) Do you think it is worth it to buy 5 types of every defense building?
6) Why or why not?

Favorite is OR-love it's output, love how cool it looks. Actually, most buildings look pretty damn cool in MW.

Least Favorite is infirmary. 20% of two units is....what? And this is after spending over a week upgrading, seems pointless to me.

Least Favorite money building-Supply Depot, and Armory. Would rather sell any big useless buildings than buy new land. Have done ok so far.

Defensive Towers? I think after all money buildings and boosts are built, extra money into these things won't hurt. Nice and sellable.

stricker
05-25-2012, 09:44 PM
1) What is your all-time favorite building? nano / composite
2) Why? ...haven't built one yet so i've got bldg envy.
3) What is your all-time worst building? bunker / infirmary
4) Why? it requires a turret operator... lol... no really it's a huge waste of space for sub-par return on def. / casualty rate reduction
5) Do you think it is worth it to buy 5 types of every defense building? no...
6) Why or why not? cost of land

JohnnyR
05-25-2012, 09:47 PM
Gotta love the composites!

Why you no tapjoy, Strick?

stricker
05-25-2012, 09:57 PM
Gotta love the composites!

Why you no tapjoy, Strick?
i caved last week... LOL...

edit/correction: first of this week

i was up to 69 bars this morning and accidentally here the stinking reset button on the camo packs twice!!! ...so i'm back up to 47 atm!!! :p

JohnnyR
05-25-2012, 10:03 PM
I've done that exactly twice myself, once with just minutes on the timer. That'll teach me not to hover over that damn iPad, lol.

stricker
05-25-2012, 10:05 PM
lol... i'm just not accustomed to having gold... so it's a whole new problem for me.

War Priest
05-25-2012, 10:06 PM
lol... i'm just not accustomed to having gold... so it's a whole new problem for me.

Forgot what that feels like... :rolleyes:

Mad
05-25-2012, 10:09 PM
Favorite is OR-love it's output, love how cool it looks. Actually, most buildings look pretty damn cool in MW.

Least Favorite is infirmary. 20% of two units is....what? And this is after spending over a week upgrading, seems pointless to me.

Least Favorite money building-Supply Depot, and Armory. Would rather sell any big useless buildings than buy new land. Have done ok so far.

Defensive Towers? I think after all money buildings and boosts are built, extra money into these things won't hurt. Nice and sellable.

A bit off the topic but I have a question on the defensive buildings. I have heard if you sell a building you will receive half its initial value. The question I have is this: do you get half the upgrades you did on the building as well -- if you decide to sell it?

My favourite money buildings are the desalination plants and electric plants. Third is the oil rigs. The desalination plants and Oil rigs are providing me big cash now on a regular basis. The electric plants are hourly and allow me to get quick cash if I need money for purchases.

I am also glad I got talked into by the composite building with my tapjoy gold. It is making a big difference.

I have almost all the defensive buildings on my base and it seems to be working a bit for me. Now I am a lower level and that may be the difference.

There are a couple reasons why I think the defensive buildings are working. First when they are constructed I immediatly notice an increase in my overall defence statistics. I have tested this a number of times and each time my overall defensive number goes up once constructed.

The second reason is this: When I get raided I usually only get raided once, even if the attacker is victorious. (Note: All my money buildings are defended by at least one defensive building, most are defended by two.) Though the indivitual won the initial raid, it came at a heavy cost i.e. he lost more unit value than he won, so he quit. If I have success when I raid, I will hit the individual repeatedly.

Dreno33
05-25-2012, 10:13 PM
Now I am a lower level and that may be the difference.

what do you mean by that?

JohnnyR
05-25-2012, 10:15 PM
I haven't figured out if the upgrades are also figured into the selling price, it's been asked a few times, I've never remembered the answer.

Interesting thoughts regarding the defense towers. What level are you? I believe the higher one goes, the less effective they become, however the thing is that they are like indestructible units-quite valuable as the stats won't ever go away.

Dreno33
05-25-2012, 10:20 PM
I haven't figured out if the upgrades are also figured into the selling price, it's been asked a few times, I've never remembered the answer.

Interesting thoughts regarding the defense towers. What level are you? I believe the higher one goes, the less effective they become, however the thing is that they are like indestructible units-quite valuable as the stats won't ever go away.

yeah but.... aren't the defense building HIGHLY inflated to the REAL DEFENSE that they give like in CC? or is it different in MW?

Mad
05-25-2012, 10:20 PM
I am level 34. The reason I am asking about the defensive buildings is I have been wondering if I should upgrade them. I upgraded a couple of them and it doubled their defensive abilities.

Which then led to my previous question what happens if I sell an upgraded defensive building?

Another thing I have done is I have noticed a couple times people attacked my defensive structures, so I have tried setting it up so Defensive buildings are covering each other as well if possible. Don't know if that makes a difference or not?

Of course the second thing is the composite building increasing the defensive power of the defensive buildings?

siL
05-25-2012, 11:10 PM

You do get half of the upgrade amount..
I tried this out when I sold my supply depot and armory, which have been upgraded, and the amount of money that i recieve was more than half of the original price

Warfiend
05-25-2012, 11:15 PM
I share wp's opinions except on defense buildings. As a free player, every last bit of extra defense I can get with game cash is worth it to me. I have not experienced anything or read anything that indicates their stats are inflated. If I have the space, and nothing else to build, I'll build them.

I usually take advantage of their short upgrade times to pad time on longer upgrades that would otherwise end at an awkward hour that would lead to no upgrades happening for a substantial period.

bilbo baggins
05-26-2012, 06:06 AM
I've done that exactly twice myself, once with just minutes on the timer. That'll teach me not to hover over that damn iPad, lol.

Send a ticket. If you were just off the timer being zero they will send you your gold back.

I have done this twice once at 59:58 and once at 1:02 both times they gave me my gold back.

War Priest
05-26-2012, 10:31 AM
1. Oil Rig
2. Because its awesome and is cheap to upgrade
3. Supply depot
4. Waste of time and space
5. No
6. I don't care and I never will

Cheap to upgrade? :rolleyes:

Copenhagen
05-26-2012, 10:34 AM
Cheap to upgrade? :rolleyes:

Should be rephrased as good return on upgrade dollar investment and upgrade time investment comparatively. But certainly not cheap at lvl 6. And ditto

Jp lfs
05-26-2012, 11:14 AM
My fav. money building is the coal mine. Great return on investment, cheap fast upgrades (up to Lvl 5, at least) similar payout to an oil rig, but you don't need water, and it's smaller, so you can put it anywhere, protect it more easily, or hide it behind another building.

Also, no one seems to know what they are, so they never get raided anyways.

Fav. building overall, will always be the Comp. NO CONTEST. Invisible boost numbers fill me with glee. Also relatively cheap and fast to upgrade to Level 5. Levels 5-10 take a lot longer and are a lot more expensive, though.

Least fav... Bunker. Too big, too little Defense, too small coverage.

And no, I would say only buy the smaller defense buildings with good coverage areas. Mine field, EMP Cannon, Railgun... In the lower levels, turrets aren't bad, and SAM's help, too, but no one is really raiding that much at those levels, either. I never bothered with the Fortified Bunker or Detention Facility. I will upgrade my Railguns and EMP's to Level 10 before I buy either one of those. (That means never...)

Tctiger
05-26-2012, 12:50 PM
Comp factory best as get most from it , supply depo worst as low income , getting all def buildings just to own them and for look of base , can see why people don't bother with towers and bunkers though due to the cost of land to own all buildings , it may be best not to get them but I am anal like that I need to own them .

SeqWins
05-26-2012, 12:59 PM
1) What is your all-time favorite building?2) Why?

At my level and income my favorite so far is the level Arrays, I know some people are going to say WTF? But at level 10 it gives out 135k every 4 hours that's a bit over 33k per hour..not bad for a level 19

3) What is your all-time worst building?4) Why?

I'm going with the general consensus on this one although both of my Depots are at level 10 my economy has pretty much outgrown the 3k it gives out every 5 mins..I need real money now.

5) Do you think it is worth it to buy 5 types of every defense building?6) Why or why not?

I personally do not have 5 of every def building but neither would I buy 5 bunkers..I hate those things they are ugly and you cannot fit them anywhere because of their size..give me the smaller buildings and I'll buy them all.

boardgames rule
05-26-2012, 01:09 PM
1.composites factory
2.extra defense that surprises the enemy
3. steel mill/wind mill
4. expensive to upgrade and no return
5.no
6. not worth the 12+ mil land expansion

Hellstorm
05-26-2012, 04:14 PM
Same answers as war priest...

If I would exchange the composite with a money building I would say munitions stockpile, good cash yield, but what makes it so good is that the upgrades are pretty much paid off after the first cash collection, unlike the nano tech which will take years to pay for itself, especially when upgraded.