PDA

View Full Version : Modern Loft??

Sasha54
05-25-2012, 10:35 AM
OK - there is nothing much available at my level and so next thing that opens up is the Modern Loft - was planning to get it - and only just realized it's a 1 hour building.

what are your opinions on this building - and should I bother or just get a 2nd Russian Restaurant.

collection times aren't really an issue but don't want to waste my money.

in-game j
05-25-2012, 10:38 AM
hell no to spending dough !!!

why get a modern loft, when you can get a classic loft ... for free!

sexkitteh
05-25-2012, 10:38 AM
I like the idea of 1 hour buildings :D

I just purchased 2 carousels

dudeman
05-25-2012, 10:40 AM
Did you STF for my thread about modern lofts?

Hang on, I'll go find it.

Edit: here it is - http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?28711-Modern-Loft

If you start wondering, I did go through with the plan to build ONE modern loft and upgrade it to level 5. I think it was a good plan. It's been working exactly as I wanted it to anyways.

Paulio
05-25-2012, 10:42 AM
Sasha, I had the same question not too long ago. Here's the thread: http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?24782-Is-the-Modern-Loft-worth-the-money-and-space

Ultimately, I decided against it, because I felt that I had enough 1hr buildings with 2 beach nightclubs and 2 adult movie theaters. Instead, I upgraded my beach nightclubs to lvl 2 and was happy with the result. I'll probably take them to lvl 3 at some point in the near future.

Sasha54
05-25-2012, 10:46 AM
hell no to spending dough !!!

why get a modern loft, when you can get a classic loft ... for free!

wtf - don't even know what you're saying...........

sexkitteh
05-25-2012, 10:46 AM
he saying don't spend money... just go with free in game buildings...

Dr Girlfriend
05-25-2012, 10:47 AM
I recently bought modern lofts and beach nightclubs just to help fund events. If you have no hourly buildings, and participate in crate opening events, I think they're a decent building to have.

in-game j
05-25-2012, 10:48 AM
Sasha, I had the same question not too long ago. Here's the thread: http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?24782-Is-the-Modern-Loft-worth-the-money-and-space

Ultimately, I decided against it, because I felt that I had enough 1hr buildings with 2 beach nightclubs and 2 adult movie theaters. Instead, I upgraded my beach nightclubs to lvl 2 and was happy with the result. I'll probably take them to lvl 3 at some point in the near future.

I agree, I think you'll get a better bang for your buck getting something like the rock cafe or a gentlemans club, and do as pualio said. Everyone's got to have a gentlemen's club ...

in-game j
05-25-2012, 10:51 AM

sorry, me engrish no goo ...

i say fo 5 dollah why buy building when u get pho fo 5 dollah !

dudeman
05-25-2012, 10:53 AM
Reading this thread gives me the impression that some people think the Modern Loft is a gold building when, in fact, it is not.

Why do people spread such confusion without checking their siht? If you don't know, shut up. Someone else will know! :p

Lars
05-25-2012, 10:54 AM
Usually I prefer 12/24/24h-buildings. However, it's great to have a decent 1h-income when relying on the cash option in the events -- no need to unbank.

Sasha54
05-25-2012, 10:54 AM
he saying don't spend money... just go with free in game buildings...

FREE buildings - hmmmmm - very interesting.
wonder where I can find such things.

in-game j
05-25-2012, 10:55 AM
Reading this thread gives me the impression that some people think the Modern Loft is a gold building when, in fact, it is not.

Why do people spread such confusion without checking their siht? If you don't know, shut up. Someone else will know! :p

... oh .... AHAHAHAHAHA ... oops. :rolleyes:

Dorian Gray
05-25-2012, 10:55 AM
Did you STF for my thread about modern lofts?

Hang on, I'll go find it.

Edit: here it is - http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?28711-Modern-Loft

If you start wondering, I did go through with the plan to build ONE modern loft and upgrade it to level 5. I think it was a good plan. It's been working exactly as I wanted it to anyways.

Forgot about that, good to here it worked out for ya.

Sasha54
05-25-2012, 10:56 AM

Well since I didn't go with the beach club or the adult theatre - maybe I will stick to plan and get one.
I like my hood to look nice so I think it will fit in well and I can collect pretty frequently.

murf
05-25-2012, 11:00 AM
OK - there is nothing much available at my level and so next thing that opens up is the Modern Loft - was planning to get it - and only just realized it's a 1 hour building.

what are your opinions on this building - and should I bother or just get a 2nd Russian Restaurant.

I think it's one of the worst buildings in the game...it should be the last one you build....that being said I have 2 of them

Dorian Gray
05-25-2012, 11:00 AM

All my 1 hrs are at such low levels it pretty much takes collecting from all nine of them to open a crate. I should get around to uprgading them but I still wonder if it's worth it... Am I going to keep my 1 hr buildings till the end, I just haven't decided.

Johnny70
05-25-2012, 11:01 AM

I thought it sucked because of the cost of upgrading it for the return but I dont like 1 hour buildings I sold them all off as space is more important as the cost of expanding goes crazy high the loft seems like a great deal what with the over double gain on the first upgrade you should look at the spread sheet and figure out what works best for you...

Paulio
05-25-2012, 11:01 AM
Well since I didn't go with the beach club or the adult theatre - maybe I will stick to plan and get one.
I like my hood to look nice so I think it will fit in well and I can collect pretty frequently.

If you like your hood to look nice, then the ML is a great decision. I must admit, the beach NC is fuggin ugly and takes up a lot of space. But, at this point I'm in too deep :D

Dorian Gray
05-25-2012, 11:04 AM
If you like your hood to look nice, then the ML is a great decision. I must admit, the beach NC is fuggin ugly and takes up a lot of space. But, at this point I'm in too deep :D

:( I think the Beach Nightclub looks cool. lol To each their own.

sexkitteh
05-25-2012, 11:05 AM
FREE buildings - hmmmmm - very interesting.
wonder where I can find such things.

Sorry, I forgot your old and slow...

FREE - as REAL LIFE FREE - AS IN YOU DON'T HAVE TO SPEND YOUR REAL MONEY...

Ohhhhhh your from Toronto!! *facepalm* no wonder you are slow... it's ok... you're a little quicker than the neighboring french...

Now I'm not at that level... so I don't even know if said building you are speaking about needs gold to purchase :/

murf
05-25-2012, 11:05 AM
I think it's one of the worst buildings in the game...it should be the last one you build....that being said I have 2 of them

Here's why:

Compared to Beach Nightclub

Modern Loft L1 vs Beach Nightclub L2
- Cost - $3,000,000 vs $2,670,000
- Income - $2,500 vs $3,500
- Build Time - 48 hrs vs 55.2 hrs

Modern Loft L2 vs Beach Nightclub L3
- Cost - $8,010,000 vs $5,458,900
- Income - $5,000 vs $6,125
- Build Time - 66 hrs vs 95.76 hrs

So, you are paying a lot for saving space (6x6 vs 7x8) and upgrade times with the ML, but it's output is significantly less.

tony187
05-25-2012, 11:08 AM

i bet hes a hacker

Sasha54
05-25-2012, 11:24 AM

Ohhhhhh your from Toronto!! *facepalm* no wonder you are slow... it's ok... you're a little quicker than the neighboring french...

Now I'm not at that level... so I don't even know if said building you are speaking about needs gold to purchase :/

You know - you are proving yourself to be a bit of an idiot. A lot of people are not gold spenders at all in this game so the concept of RM doesn't even enter into it.

Now - you can basically go F87k yourself for calling me old and slow - I bet at my age I'm twice as fast as you miss Kitteh - and I don't even have to bet that I'm way above you in intelligence.
Playing the Toronto vs the rest of the country card is just lame............and it smacks of insecurity.

and no need to knock the french either - I have my doubts that you are a "real" Canadian.

Dorian Gray
05-25-2012, 11:31 AM
REOW! catfight lol

dudeman
05-25-2012, 11:46 AM

I find this offensive on at least two levels. You need to post less garbage on here. No useful contribution? Then stfu.

Sweetheart
05-25-2012, 12:00 PM
I recently bought modern lofts and beach nightclubs just to help fund events. If you have no hourly buildings, and participate in crate opening events, I think they're a decent building to have.

I definitely agree, i am trying minimal on the event - and now with the PVP i am trying for as many successful attacks as i can. Because i find that successfully robbing or attacking rivals before opening a crate or case or whatever increases my chances of getting those darn things open. I am NOT using gold for refills. If i purchase GOLD its for special items ( crates are nice ) or exclusive buildings ( love my rock cafe ).

ML or BNC - but the beach nightclub overall may be more profitable - you could always give in and get one of each. <3

Oh and make love not war...

Dreno33
05-25-2012, 12:10 PM
hell yeah get it(: its a cheap buy and pretty much every time you log in you will collect 2,500(: 2.5k extra nearly every log in is well worth it I think. It'll pay itself off quickly. I highly doubt ppl waste stamina on robbing them, so you should be safe with that too.

Dorian Gray
05-25-2012, 12:48 PM
hell yeah get it(: its a cheap buy and pretty much every time you log in you will collect 2,500(: 2.5k extra nearly every log in is well worth it I think. It'll pay itself off quickly. I highly doubt ppl waste stamina on robbing them, so you should be safe with that too.

Unless they're out to burn up you stockpile of def explosives. :(

ShawnBB
05-25-2012, 05:28 PM

Hey Sasha, modern loft is an ok building among 1 hour options,
it's IpH/ROI is 2 which is worse than BNC's 3.2 but overall is still good.
(I feel sorry for those idiots who tossed gold on gaming parlor or carousel,they have no idea about how to determine money building's quality)

Since it's actual ROI could be a lot worse than that so put down this building is actually a burden for your Econ, but a good looking for IpH stats:)

Anyway, that's the only unlock building around that level ,so if your Econ is 100k or above, get it whatsoever.

in-game j
05-25-2012, 07:28 PM
i bet hes a hacker

obviously ...