PDA

View Full Version : Usability enhancements/ suggestions

Ramshutu
05-25-2012, 10:08 AM
1.) I find it pretty frustrating when navigating menus, especially when I regularly do the same thing over and over.

I would recommend allowing a user to press and hold any of the main icons on any of the main menu levels and select "create shortcut". This would add the icon (up to three) to the main play area (underneath goals). These will then take you directly to the main/screen you have selected.

2.) "down tools". I agree that there should be a limit on how 1 build and 1 upgrade at a time. However, this can be frustrating, as if you accidentally click on an upgrade, or forget you have a building upgrading when you withdraw cash for another. I would suggest it would be nice to add a "cancel upgrade" button at the very least. This would refund 80% or some predefined percentage, but doesn't require you to delete the building. Alternatively, I would ideally love to see a pause and resume upgrade/build button. This would allow you to upgrade 1 building at a time, but an upgrade can be paused so that you can start a separate upgrade. Although I appreciate that this may have some tactical benefit to players over and above convenience.

3.) auto-withdraw. I regularly find myself pressing on items, and trying to work out how much I need to withdraw to fund an upgrade, as well as finding it annoying on the iPad and iPod to enter numbers and scroll the screen as a result of the keypad appearing. I would recommend that on the "not enough money" screen, you add a "withdraw from savings" button underneath or beside the "get funds " button. Pressing this button will automatically withdraw the cash from your bank and either a) purchase the item or b) start a 10 - 15 second timer and purchase the item. I have included the latter as it ensures that the cash is on hand for an amount of time, similar to if you had withdrawn manually (thus giving neither an advantage).

4.) Autobank. It would be useful if you can add an 'Autobank' feature. A settings options should be added that allows you turn on Autobank, and allows you to select a cash limit. When you collect/raid/etc an amount of money over the Autobank limit, the lot will be banked. Cash that is withdrawn will not count towards this figure.

5.) when buying an item, add a "quantity" field so that we can select how many of the given item to purchase. This can obviously default to 1.

This is in addition to the gold confirm button and sorting of inventory screens.

joaquim
05-25-2012, 10:12 AM
I like these ideas. You should look for a job at Funzio to get these changes made.

tony187
05-25-2012, 10:13 AM
i totally agree but dont know about #4 then u wouldnt be able to rob them of wat they got in hand

Ramshutu
05-25-2012, 10:16 AM
i totally agree but dont know about #4 then u wouldnt be able to rob them of wat they got in hand

Autobanking is for cash you collect from buildings or robberies. Most will bank this quickly after collection anyway. Doing it automatically just makes it less annoying for players.

BeniBugatti
05-25-2012, 10:17 AM
I'd like to see a Gold Bank, where one can deposit ones gold at 0% fee. This would completely eliminate accidental gold purchases, which probably account for 50% of all funzios support time anyhow.

Luciferianism
05-25-2012, 10:29 AM
Seriously, auto-bank? That's a stupid idea for obvious reasons, it would make attacking rivals almost fruitless.

Crime City Mark
05-25-2012, 10:52 AM
1)

Interesting idea

2)

Interesting idea

3)

We're already doing that in other games, I'll suggest we bring it over

4)

Probably not

5)

You don't like tapping really fast and guessing?

Ramshutu
05-25-2012, 11:06 AM
1)
5)

You don't like tapping really fast and guessing?

My hood is arranged in order of collection time and building type and as symettrically as i can. accidentally buying 301 frag grenades, has kept me up at night...