PDA

View Full Version : Just a suggestion for the PvP tournament

JJY824
05-25-2012, 09:49 AM
Obviously this tournament was catered to those in the higher levels (100+), as you have much more skill points to invest in stamina. But as a low level 41, I'm just suggesting that the PvP tournament could be better if it were broken into specific level tiers. Thoughts?

Mr BigBenga
05-25-2012, 09:52 AM
Definitely true.

This is a unfair event to low levels.

JuSt.SiCk
05-25-2012, 09:54 AM
Thougt the same.. They should split the lvls, maybe like that:

1-20
20-50
50-80
80-100
100-and above

The top 100 of each category should get the item then. This system would be much better imo.

sexkitteh
05-25-2012, 09:56 AM
wait - in the pvp tournament you are fighting every level????

Paulio
05-25-2012, 10:03 AM
wait - in the pvp tournament you are fighting every level????

No, your rival list still looks the same - your level +/- 1. I think what the other poster meant, was that it's not fair for those in the lower levels, because they've earned less skill point, therefore, will likely have less stamina than HL players. Less stamina = less attacks = no event prize.

sexkitteh
05-25-2012, 10:04 AM
How many attacks do you have to do to get event prize? is there more than 1 event prize?

Paulio
05-25-2012, 11:12 AM
... not fair for those in the lower levels, because they've earned less skill point, therefore, will likely have less stamina than HL players. Less stamina = less attacks = no event prize.

I'd like to recant this part of my previous statement. It's possible that stamina won't make as much of a difference (but there are exceptions, which I'll get to later). Consider this:

Player 1 has 40 stamina - it takes 120 minutes (2 hrs) to refill
Player 2 has 80 stamina - it takes 240 minutes (4 hrs) to refill

After each player initially empties their stamina, technically, player 1 can do the same amount of attacks in the same 4 hr time period as player 2.

Here's the main exceptions:
1) You are a goodfella or enforcer
2) You spend gold on stamina refills

frenda
05-25-2012, 11:18 AM
Exactly. You can attack 10 times in 30 minutes, unless a goodfella or enforcer, or want to spend lots of gold for refills. Otherwise, the playing field is level. And since 500 players will win, odds are that even non-gold players have a shot. It all comes down to how disciplined are you in attacking constantly to make sure you use up your stamina.

sexkitteh
05-25-2012, 11:19 AM
I'd like to recant this part of my previous statement. It's possible that stamina won't make as much of a difference (but there are exceptions, which I'll get to later). Consider this:

Player 1 has 40 stamina - it takes 120 minutes (2 hrs) to refill
Player 2 has 80 stamina - it takes 240 minutes (4 hrs) to refill

After each player initially empties their stamina, technically, player 1 can do the same amount of attacks in the same 4 hr time period as player 2.

Here's the main exceptions:
1) You are a goodfella or enforcer
2) You spend gold on stamina refills

You have to take into account too that every time you level you get a full recharge... that's a boost in the day for attacks...

2Legit
05-25-2012, 11:22 AM
ive notice with this new pvp event everyone is too beat up b4 i even get to hit...they should extend the number of hits than 10.

Ramshutu
05-25-2012, 11:27 AM
If you are thinking about this event as 'amount of time it takes to recharge your stamina bar', you have are probably not going to get close. Everyone gets a similar amount of stamina per day, provided that you never let your stamina top out. Therefore, the 500 people spending the most money on resetting their stamina are the ones who are going to win.

Paulio
05-25-2012, 11:30 AM
Exactly. You can attack 10 times in 30 minutes, unless a goodfella or enforcer, or want to spend lots of gold for refills. Otherwise, the playing field is level. And since 500 players will win, odds are that even non-gold players have a shot. It all comes down to how disciplined are you in attacking constantly to make sure you use up your stamina.

Yes. And, are you willing to wake up in the middle of the night to empty your ... er ... stamina? ;)

Paulio
05-25-2012, 11:31 AM
You have to take into account too that every time you level you get a full recharge... that's a boost in the day for attacks...

Good point. That would favor lower level players because it's easier to level up.

steamboatwilly
05-25-2012, 11:38 AM
ive notice with this new pvp event everyone is too beat up b4 i even get to hit...they should extend the number of hits than 10.

yup, i am getting that also

Sasha54
05-25-2012, 12:15 PM
I'm staying out of this..............way too frustrating since it's already been stated by those who want to go big on this are going to spend gold............

Max Power
05-25-2012, 12:45 PM
ive notice with this new pvp event everyone is too beat up b4 i even get to hit...

And I bet they have neighborhoods full of plump juicy buildings....

Sav Clarke
05-25-2012, 01:00 PM
I think Funzio did this wrong personally.

Some people won't bother trying as they assume that because of their level they have no chance to win. So I think what they should have done is:

In the set time period, if you do more then 500 (or whatever number you feel is adequate) attacks then you go into a draw type thing and it's then a random chance, but you have to do the required attacks to qualify.

This way, more people would get involved as they would get as much chance as anyone. However, Funzio won't do this as all events/tournaments etc etc are geared to get people to buy gold.

Babytway
05-25-2012, 01:15 PM
Even though im a robber, i like this event i do not think funzio did it wrong at all, could there be improvements sure, but they way they set it out is as good as it gets. if people want to spend gold to refill thats just there dedication to get it the item, if people want to lose out on sleep to empty there stamina thats there dedication, and if you are dedicated i believe you deserve to get a prize. if i did one of those choices i would want the prize i wouldn't want some random draw and i did the max number of attacks i could and joe schmoe did the minimum and he gets the prize and i don't

Sav Clarke
05-25-2012, 01:24 PM
babytway - would you still hold that view is you were just staring this game and at level 20 for example?

Funzio need incentives for the lower levels aswell to keep more people playing the game, which makes it last longer, which would ultimately get them more money from gold purchases.

You mention dedication. A lower level player who has 10 stamina would have to get up every 30 minutes to empty their stamina - a higher level player with say 100 stamina only has to empty their stamina every 5 hours.

Your looking at it purely from your perspective from the level you are and not as a whole. By the way, I'm level 126 with 53 stamina so please don't think this is a rant from a lower level player.

Babytway
05-25-2012, 01:29 PM
i only have 32 stamina and i dont plan on spending no gold for refills nor do i plan on getting up just to empty stamina. so i may or may not win but i will try with what i got.

as for a low lvl with 10 stamina if they have the dedication to get up every 30min and empty there stamina and contend with the ppl who have 53 stamina and they end up getting the end item then that is a well deserved prize imo

im not looking at it from my lvl or stamina of my game acct. im looking at it as my whole opinion of the contest.