PDA

View Full Version : URGENT: Cloaking/Invisible bases glitch

GhostShot
05-25-2012, 09:00 AM
** UPDATE: Screenshots on 2nd page **

so for awhile now, during PvP, I saw these guys with nothing in their bases except a command center. today I started fighting a guy, each win raking in a whopping 300,000 cash. surprised, I checked his stats, and turned out the guy had over 20 mil in cash! his base was completely empty, lotsa base extensions and no buildings, except for a Lv. 6 command center.

the guy is a gold user, but not so much that his stats were crazy high (I don't use gold to beef my army and I was still beating him 4:1 ratio). anyways, how much money I was getting isn't the point. how he was able to protect so much of it is.

I looked at his comments list and saw (and took screenshots) a dialogue between him and other players that talked about a glitch you can exploit that makes a base invisible to other players.

so most of us playing for awhile know that trees and other decorations don't show up on other players' screen - and placing these screens around certain buildings makes the building disappear like trees. I'll post the screenshots and more info when I can.

this makes these guys invulnerable to raids. some guys who only attack after seeing the enemy's base might think 'oh, he doesn't have anything' and move on. idk, but this is a serious game changer if you know how to do it.

apparently this is a secret kept within certain clans/pirate groups, and I just happened to stumble on it. I'm probably gonna suffer huge amount of reprisal for cleaning this guy out anyways, so I figured I'll let this cat out of the bag.

TL,DR: There's a glitch that makes your base invisible and invulnerable to raiding.

if it's a glitch, it needs to be addressed.

Agent Orange
05-25-2012, 09:47 AM
This is a hacker.

GhostShot
05-25-2012, 09:50 AM
I don't think so, their dialogue was pretty detailed, and involves putting certain number of specific trees around the airbase. the comments section I was looking at shows some guy teaching another guy the how-to and he replied with a thanks, so it seems legit.

SirMW
05-25-2012, 10:25 AM
Interesting....I always wonder why anyone would spend 8 gold on a maple tree.
Maybe is gold well spent....would love to know more about this if anyone care to share.

Big John
05-25-2012, 10:30 AM
You would need someone to tell if it had worked.

Aidan
05-25-2012, 10:42 AM
Yeah, saw this when the rival list was messed up last week. This thing is pretty rampant actually When you see their comments like "how do you like my full cloak", "i'm almost full cloak now". There are many other bases like this.

Now, i want to know what is funzio view on this. Glitch or cheating?

mickymacirl
05-25-2012, 10:43 AM
I've been offered the 'service' of cloaking my base at 100 dollars a building... dont sound so suprised!

There are reported several other types of 'glitches' that one can buy for a certain amount of money.

I believe Funzio actively investigates and punishes these people (i hope)

GhostShot
05-25-2012, 10:44 AM
my posts with the screenshots got erased - maybe it's a TOS thing, but I figured it's worth a thousand words. just reposted some of it.

Crime City Mark
05-25-2012, 10:49 AM
Yeah, stop doing that. It's a violation of the forums rules. How about, instead, you compile all the information you have and send it to either me or the support team and we'll investigate?

GhostShot
05-25-2012, 11:06 AM
meh, that's a lotta work. how can I post photos without getting my chain yanked? if i black out names and such?

what kind of information do you want?

Crime City Mark
05-25-2012, 11:12 AM
Yeah, you have to remove all names.

Send me the names, whatever invite codes you have, levels, etc. I'm happy to start an investigation.

Poopenshire
05-25-2012, 11:22 AM
I have wondered about this. I sometimes see very high Income Per Hour, but not many buildings and they are not leveled up. Kinda makes sense that I might have seen this.

GhostShot
05-25-2012, 11:32 AM

Send me the names, whatever invite codes you have, levels, etc. I'm happy to start an investigation.

I sent you a message with details. When I have the time I'll black out the names and post some of the pics for posterity.

Tanner
05-25-2012, 12:00 PM
This is a hacker.

exploiting a vulnerability?

I dunno, hacker just gives them so much credit.

Not that I would have any first hand knowledge. Anyone who's seen my base knows there's nothing there to raid b/c it's all collected. But, I can't imagine someone out there with real hacking skill using it to cloak a building in a game. Although, if these heavy gold hitters are really dumping $100/building - I suppose it could almost be worth their time...

Semantics, yeah, maybe.

FWIW.

mickymacirl
05-25-2012, 12:18 PM
god bless internet temp files!

andymac106
05-25-2012, 12:26 PM
Whats sad is I saw somebody who didnt that it was an invisibility glitch and was tricked by someone into selling off their entire base. They were promised gold and american $$. I felt bad, but how stupid can you be.

GhostShot
05-25-2012, 01:06 PM
more and more I look at it, it looks like they're scammers, and not exploiting a glitch; idk any more, either way, they're up to no good.

http://i.imgur.com/R1AwD.png

http://i.imgur.com/ti6NB.png

http://i.imgur.com/MhpoI.png

GhostShot
05-25-2012, 01:08 PM
...still I can't complain, I made off with over 10 million through attacking. that's like $20 in real cash if I purchased it!

http://i.imgur.com/CPAr7.png

http://i.imgur.com/lCkFF.png

http://i.imgur.com/G9DSa.png

-->FISH<--
05-25-2012, 01:27 PM
See you guys think I'm nuts just because I have a tin foil hat... Told you :)...lol

Poopenshire
05-25-2012, 01:28 PM
See you guys think I'm nuts just because I have a tin foil hat... Told you :)...lol

No we think your nuts, becuase of what you say AND do!

Mad
05-25-2012, 01:32 PM
Yeah I saw one of those bases too. I just thought the guy had quit playing, never even bothered to check his stats.

Won't be fooled the next time.

spectra
05-25-2012, 01:37 PM
more and more I look at it, it looks like they're scammers, and not exploiting a glitch; idk any more, either way, they're up to no good.

http://i.imgur.com/R1AwD.png

http://i.imgur.com/ti6NB.png

http://i.imgur.com/MhpoI.png

In this pics the name still shows 3 times in the comments

Cheers

-->FISH<--
05-25-2012, 01:42 PM
No we think your nuts, becuase of what you say AND do!

Haters are gonna hate....(my 12 yr old response)

Nothing wrong with figuring out your competition and how they work and operate. Oh yeah, many of you went with the "yes sir" route and checked your purse at the forum door.

Poopenshire
05-25-2012, 01:54 PM
Haters are gonna hate....(my 12 yr old response)

Nothing wrong with figuring out your competition and how they work and operate. Oh yeah, many of you went with the "yes sir" route and checked your purse at the forum door.

I like your 12 year olds response, its perfect. We gotta keep a sense of humor around here.

GhostShot
05-25-2012, 01:56 PM
In this pics the name still shows 3 times in the comments

Cheers

lol oops. shhh!

**like I give a damn**

http://static.fjcdn.com/pictures/Dont_1c0f8c_2014913.jpg

What?
05-25-2012, 05:20 PM
The cloak is no joke! This should go in my bug, glitches, and exploits post. I'll do a little investigating before I jump to conclusions though. I know who you are referring to and if this is true I think it is very laughable an apparent lawyer doesn't know about terms of use in games. Knowingly and willfully exploiting the game mechanics and then bragging about it should be instant deletion. This isn't like some glitches where the player has no choice like the casualty rate bug. This, if proven true, was deliberate and should be dealt with as such.

Copenhagen
06-21-2012, 05:34 PM
Could it be that the game was designed with this feature? Why else would anyone buy the pink trees?

Has anyone heard further info on this?

Tate
06-21-2012, 05:49 PM
you know, we hear many different stories from other forumites, as What states, he has known about this player already. WHY aren't players like this, if actually hacking or cheating, automatically shut down, accounts closed, etc? i think it's a major failing on the dev's part to continue to allow this kind of willfull action to go on while the rest of us play by the rules... and pay money to do so! I ran into someone like this yesterday while looking for crates, took some pix and sent them in. No response yet...

War Priest
07-09-2012, 07:45 PM

First post I have seen about this...

I know people have told me this and said there were posts all over about it but this is the first offical post I have seen. Haha funny.

mickymacirl
07-10-2012, 02:52 AM
been seeing this since the first few days i played!

Tctiger
07-10-2012, 06:36 AM
i have read comments on peoples walls , it is to do with the correct possitioning of maple trees !

Hellstorm
07-10-2012, 06:37 AM
I mentioned this recently, and those are the same people I saw. I think people who can find out how it works are entitled to cloak their base, why not. So the key is 6 maple trees around your air field, but in a specific formation. I give my props to those who know how...

Tctiger
07-10-2012, 06:47 AM
could be the same people , seen money and gold hacks on utube and have watched one players building level numbers and red bars dropping , i kept going back to his base and his level numbers and red bars were moving ! maybe he was moving the maple trees arpound .

JMC
07-10-2012, 08:56 AM
Lol... There's no cloak. General insane always messes with people with stuff like this. He talks about cloaks and gold mines and all sorts of other things. This guy just sold his base... He has 4500 income per hour and the money is from the buildings he sold. That is what a cloak is, not some arrangement of maple trees.

A gold player does not need money buildings so they couls care less, they just make jokes about it such as this one.

Arizona
07-10-2012, 08:58 AM
Lol... There's no cloak. General insane always messes with people with stuff like this. He talks about cloaks and gold mines and all sorts of other things. This guy just sold his base... He has 4500 income per hour and the money is from the buildings he sold. That is what a cloak is, not some arrangement of maple trees.

A gold player does not need money buildings so they couls care less, they just make jokes about it such as this one.
Good point but I bet pink maple tree sales are taking off LOL!

JMC
07-10-2012, 09:01 AM
I thought that people knew that "cloaking" your base IS selling every building off by now.

Arizona
07-10-2012, 09:11 AM
I thought that people knew that "cloaking" your base IS selling every building off by now.
Think I said it somewhere else, my endgame will more than likely be to sell everything off before I pack it in. So ya, a cloaked life for me.

Ascent
07-10-2012, 09:27 AM
Think I said it somewhere else, my endgame will more than likely be to sell everything off before I pack it in. So ya, a cloaked life for me.

I am more dastardly than that... I will leave behind a million IPH base for people to come back every few hours to drool and see whether there is anything to loot... with thoughts like "if only I could catch him at the right time...."

Muhahahaha :D

Arizona
07-10-2012, 09:49 AM
I am more dastardly than that... I will leave behind a million IPH base for people to come back every few hours to drool and see whether there is anything to loot... with thoughts like "if only I could catch him at the right time...."

Muhahahaha :D
That's a a good one. My end game might need reassessing!

Speed ump
07-10-2012, 03:55 PM
There lots of Easter eggs and glitches in this game if you know what they are and where to find them. Pink trees do have an effect.

War Priest
07-10-2012, 04:36 PM
There lots of Easter eggs and glitches in this game if you know what they are and where to find them. Pink trees do have an effect.

Ironic... :rolleyes:

Ferr
07-10-2012, 06:01 PM
This is true, no cloak exits. I do know one of those who have created this sham and are laughing about these threads. There are glitches for sure but not this one. Going to bed, 3 am amsterdam time.....

ucantwin1
07-10-2012, 07:14 PM
I love to cloak - you know - make it disappear......

Q Raider
07-10-2012, 07:30 PM
This is true, no cloak exits. I do know one of those who have created this sham and are laughing about these threads. There are glitches for sure but not this one. Going to bed, 3 am amsterdam time.....

Revenge:p
1. Cloak your Base
2. Get one of those "advantages" you can find advertised which adds a shedload of Money/Gold into your account.
3. Build a mega stat defence base.
4. Spam the bejeezers out of them's that are laughing's wall with the "Fake Gold thread".

When they come knocking, the base is gone, there is oodles of cash and no way of getting it:p

JohnnyR
07-10-2012, 07:51 PM
Evil evil evil, QR...but I liiike it, lol.

Aidan
07-11-2012, 03:30 AM
Found this last night.

cloak strategy used by real army in real war

http://www.cracked.com/article_19929_the-6-craziest-disguises-ever-used-in-history-war.html

Jhoemel
07-11-2012, 04:47 AM
Found this last night.

cloak strategy used by real army in real war

http://www.cracked.com/article_19929_the-6-craziest-disguises-ever-used-in-history-war.html

Nice find aidan, i read it and it was awesome. If I get a rare ship I will disguise it as an island, haha

Speed ump
07-11-2012, 05:52 AM
Those pink trees do work, they have quite a calming effect.lol

Romaro
07-11-2012, 08:19 AM
Those pink trees do work, they have quite a calming effect.lol
😄 it can be "theraphy" for the units 😃😄 good one Speed