PDA

View Full Version : Tapjoy SCAM

Thor
05-25-2012, 08:52 AM
As many of you know gold bars can be purchased directly or they can be "purchased" through other promotional offers. Tapjoy is one company that advertises "offers" that promise gold if certain products are purchased through other vendors or certain offers are signed-up for.

BE CAREFUL!

For mother's day I went through Tapjoy to by a gift for my mom. The offer promised 91 gold bars instantly in Crime City if $29 or more was spent with a company called RedEnvelope using a credit card. I bought a gift for my mom at $29.95... but no gold bars!

Tapjoy blames RedEnvelope and RedEnvelope blames Tapjoy for a "glitch" in the system. Finally today, RedEnvelope blames me for the problem. They said that since the offer was purchased through a mobile device they automatically gave me a 10% discount on the order (mind you with all their fees shipping, handling and taxes this really cost me over $35) - they said I don't qualify for the gold bars because they only take one promotion at a time (the 10% over the 91 gold bars).

Now, RedEnvelope is spamming my e-mail with about 5 e-mail promotions per day.

Obviously this is their SCAM. Please be careful!

Mr BigBenga
05-25-2012, 08:59 AM
TapJoy is not a scam at all.

Tapjoy works with alot of diferents companies, one or other will be a scam because you cannot trust everyone.

I think to have full control of all of companies that are working with you is very hard.

You was just unlucky imo.

Daniel2115
05-25-2012, 09:16 AM
I've gotten close to 1000 gold from tapjoy, it's deff not a scam. Make sure you read everything next time!

BeniBugatti
05-25-2012, 11:12 AM
I had a similar issue with a mothers day flower promotion. Only in my case, I gave up trying to get the gold when the two companies started pointing fingers at each other.

I have never had a problem with Tapjoy when downloading apps, but will never use it for any non-virtual purchase rewards again.

Dipstik
05-25-2012, 12:29 PM
Same problem with red envelope. I sent a complaint to tapjoy, got no response, and gave up. Don't use any offer that you wouldn't take if not for the gold and accept that sometimes it won't work. It's a crap service, but it's free. Whatever.

Babytway
05-25-2012, 01:20 PM
All good points to know future reference. thank you all for sharing. i was skeptical about that red envelope and decided not to try it and glad i didn't