PDA

View Full Version : Last item in weekly events not attainable?

400hpbird
05-25-2012, 08:49 AM
So I'm guessing you can't get the last item in the weekly events unless you are actually spending cash for in game gold etc. 4 events now I've had 9 of whatever the item was 2+ days before the end of the event, trying hourly, only to never actually get the 10th item. Seems like a waste of time so why actually bother?

General Kamal
05-25-2012, 08:59 AM
I've got the final item in one of the events(don't remember which one it was but the prize was the covert fighter jet) and I've never bought gold. Currently on 7 plans with 5 days to go in this event, without gold ofcourse

CAPT.GIN
05-25-2012, 09:11 AM
You can get it! It's a slim chance but you can get it, you just need a lot of luck

Poopenshire
05-25-2012, 09:12 AM
i have won 2 thus far, event 2 and 4.

Arj
05-25-2012, 09:16 AM
A few events ago i got to 9 with over 2 days remaining, and didnt get 10.
Last event i got to 9 with over 3 days to go, didnt get 10.

I think that if you get to 9 with atleast 3 days to go, you give yourself a small chance.

But its really unpredictable from what ive read on here, some poeple finish really early.....some get 8-9-10 in one day....some dont get the 10th for 4+ days. All about luck mixed with the # of overall boxes you successfully open.

el_gringo
05-25-2012, 09:28 AM
I've used a bit of gold on a couple events - mainly to roll the timer down and open two in succession with cash - but I've never even got 9.

If you are really after the top prize, you have two choices - either spend a LOT on gold or open every single hour the competition is open.

Some of the players on here are setting an alarm and waking hourly to open boxes - thats how you get the prize if you don't wish to spend hundreds.

el_gringo
05-25-2012, 09:30 AM
A few events ago i got to 9 with over 2 days remaining, and didnt get 10.

But its really unpredictable from what ive read on here, some poeple finish really early.....some get 8-9-10 in one day....some dont get the 10th for 4+ days. All about luck mixed with the # of overall boxes you successfully open.

On the second event I had 7 by day two. I finished with 8.

Warfiend
05-25-2012, 09:42 AM
I've never used gold in the events, but I got to 10 on the last one(failed in all previous events i took part in). Luck plays a huge part. I'm not expecting to get 10 in this one, but I do enjoy getting these free indestructibles.

Take it in stride, enjoy it for what it is, and remember that at some point, we will be able to use the parts we've acquired from these events to obtain epic units.

Arj
05-25-2012, 09:49 AM
Also i think its important to remember that from previous events most poeple have accepted that if you do spend gold, you have to spend a decent amount(more then tapjoy can probably offer).

And id also wait till im at 9 to spend the gold......ive read people saying it can take 20+ opens to get number 10, and that means 40+ cash opens even at a very nice 50% open rate(which seems to be true early in the week, but drastically declines later). 40+ cash opens will take most poeple 2.5days plus unless you dont sleep meaning even if your on 9 on day 3-4, your still agaisnt the odds with all cash:(

Capt Alan
05-25-2012, 12:43 PM
I've got the final item in one of the events(don't remember which one it was but the prize was the covert fighter jet) and I've never bought gold. Currently on 7 plans with 5 days to go in this event, without gold ofcourse
me too. i got the draft destroyer and im on 7 plans with 5 days to go!(I used gold to get it but got the last vaccine with the bare hands option:D)