PDA

View Full Version : I'm going to skip this tournament...

CAPT.GIN
05-25-2012, 07:47 AM
Ok guys how many people Play MW? It's in the thousands rite, who knows maybe a million I don't know for sure... So this new to tournament says the top 500! Get the prize. Really that's all 500! It should of at least bin one thousand or more. Plus on top of that your gonna lose a whole bunch of units and your not gonna be guaranteed the prize! So yea I'm skipping this one...

-gin

P.s. Quick someone who is really good in math can you tell me the chances of winning the prize?

Hassleham
05-25-2012, 07:49 AM
Same here, it's BS.

You can't work out the actual chance without knowing the numbers, but i'm just gonan say less than slim.

CAPT.GIN
05-25-2012, 07:51 AM
Same here, it's BS.

You can't work out the actual chance without knowing the numbers, but i'm just gonan say less than slim.

I know rite! Well if someone goes to the app store and looks at all the downloads MW got there's a start for them...

Arj
05-25-2012, 08:05 AM
Chances of winning may depend on several factors such as-
Your stamina bar size
amount of time wasted with bar filled during event
win/loss % of your fights
and probably alot more things but the first one probably crucial, specially if your going to spend even a small amount of gold(50g) to reset 5 times. Reset a stamina bar of 100 5 times and your attacking alot more then someone with 10 will get even in a day.

Poopenshire
05-25-2012, 08:06 AM
SAme here, just not worth it. Infact I am seriously thinking of retiring from PVP

vitus79
05-25-2012, 08:08 AM
i think it only refills 50 bullets, like in CC

Arj
05-25-2012, 08:12 AM
i think it only refills 50 bullets, like in CC

That would make sense, i dont have that big of a stamina bar so someone else would have to confirm but that would be good news to level it out a little bit...

Aidan
05-25-2012, 08:12 AM
Hurmmmmmmmmmmmm

CAPT.GIN
05-25-2012, 08:16 AM
Chances of winning may depend on several factors such as-
Your stamina bar size
amount of time wasted with bar filled during event
win/loss % of your fights
and probably alot more things but the first one probably crucial, specially if your going to spend even a small amount of gold(50g) to reset 5 times. Reset a stamina bar of 100 5 times and your attacking alot more then someone with 10 will get even in a day.

See what I'm saying! Who could keep up with all that...

CAPT.GIN
05-25-2012, 08:18 AM
SAme here, just not worth it. Infact I am seriously thinking of retiring from PVP

Not a bad idea... I hate loseing units... I haven't done any pvp for about three weeks and I'm ok with it.

vitus79
05-25-2012, 08:21 AM
That would make sense, i dont have that big of a stamina bar so someone else would have to confirm but that would be good news to level it out a little bit...

they added it to the pic. 50 bullets confirmed
http://i1175.photobucket.com/albums/r640/vitus79/6007a028.jpg

Ryan5100
05-25-2012, 08:22 AM
Im skipping all events for a while but there is a very slim chance of getting this one

Arj
05-25-2012, 08:23 AM
All the recent changes and new content seems to be added by funzio to increase pvp.....but i feel it maybe having the opposite affect on many:/

Ramshutu
05-25-2012, 08:26 AM
This is what frustrates me quite a lot about the Funzio's business model. It seems to be based around encouraging a minority of people to spend a lot rather than a majority of people to spend a little.

Mad
05-25-2012, 08:41 AM
This is what frustrates me quite a lot about the Funzio's business model. It seems to be based around encouraging a minority of people to spend a lot rather than a majority of people to spend a little.

You hit the nail on the head. I was actually planning to buy some gold, not much, a bit here and there. But this game is so tilted to the big gold spenders I realized any money I spent with Funzio would be a complete waste. So now I have decided to go as a free man.

But I don't think Funzio really cares, because most of free/low gold MW players are not on this forum and because of that they don't realize they are being led to a slaughter.

Tctiger
05-25-2012, 08:53 AM
I am free player , it has all been said already , everything has already been said on forums , I personally don't want to pay the prices and don't see how it can make any difference as there will always be stronger players , surely the top players who are attacking all the time will never attack me as I am to far behind on levels for them to see , if you spend big and are strong then you will level up quick and meet stronger players , it looks like if you have high stats you will end up with high stat players and if you are low you will be with lower players as if are strong will level up quicker from attacks? There is campers too but in general is that how it works? If it is it just depends what league you want to be in .

Tctiger
05-25-2012, 08:58 AM
I didn't even try to do loads of AT&Ts as i would have no army left to benefit the less casualties bonus . The sale is good for gold but no free gold as that dam timer is there . The rich get richer .

CAPT.GIN
05-25-2012, 09:13 AM
Good point the rich do get richer...

GhostShot
05-25-2012, 09:26 AM
there are gold users who've literally put well over $1000 into this game. There was one guy who had over 300 units that cost 900 gold (worth $80) each! a lot of the 500 winners for this is going to be gold users who are actively fighting, methinks.

as for probability, Gin, here's one perspective: MW had about 20000 ratings on the appstore last I saw, and lets say 1 in 5 people actually give a rating, so there's 100000 people with the app, add a few thousand for multiple device users, so let's say 110000. how many people have since deleted the app? how many actually play on a regular basis? of that, how many are actually going for a shot to be one of the 500?

I'm pulling these figures outta my butt, but yeah, slim to none.

Agent Orange
05-25-2012, 09:33 AM
I'm out of this one as well. I do PvP as part of my strategy but considering who I am up against in the levels I'm in my odds being for all intents a free player are slim to none. Even this current event I'm passing on because it's too close to the last one and because even using gold your odds are pretty slim getting all 10 items.

Warfiend
05-25-2012, 09:35 AM
If I was going to play it spending some gold, my first priority would be to switch to USA for the event. Think that would be more effective than spending 100 gold in stamina refills.

I'm out of this one too, but I hope they continue to have them. I like the whole concept and would like to take part in one down the line when I'm better prepared for it.

War Priest
05-25-2012, 09:39 AM
I like to see the high hopes usually, but for this, I don't want you guys wasting gold. This is almost near impossible to win. There are guys who will be be attacking and refilling their staming the next 3 days non stop. 500 is a very small window when it comes to a world wide game.

Hassleham
05-25-2012, 09:47 AM
http://www.marketwire.com/press-release/funzios-social-military-ios-game-modern-war-secures-whopping-15-million-installs-week-1596453.htm

1.5 million installs in one week. Presuming the number of people playing is greater than or equal to that number. To win the prize you'd have to be in the top 0.000333% of players.

HAHAHAAHAHA.

Instead of spending time attacking people, i might go buy a lottery ticket and just relax.

stricker
05-25-2012, 10:02 AM
...with the current casualty rates what they are, this event is most likely bogus for nearly all free players. i'm extremely disappointed with this event funzio. ...i would venture to guess that there will be 495 heavy gold players with the unit at the end a maybe 5 free players!!! ...of the gold players, most will fight with ally counts at a level that keeps them with a completely indestructible army... so they really don't even need a -20% casualty rate reduction!!! IRONIC...

...very, very disappointed!!! ...my perspective.

origianally posted this on the stats/no comments thread so i'm moving it to this one!!!

hasslequeeefff... could you buy a ticket for me while you are there... i'll go eat chinese for lunch and get my lucky numbers to you via text, ok!!!

GhostShot
05-25-2012, 10:15 AM
http://www.marketwire.com/press-release/funzios-social-military-ios-game-modern-war-secures-whopping-15-million-installs-week-1596453.htm

1.5 million installs in one week. Presuming the number of people playing is greater than or equal to that number. To win the prize you'd have to be in the top 0.000333% of players.

HAHAHAAHAHA.

Instead of spending time attacking people, i might go buy a lottery ticket and just relax.

Oh wow. Yeah, screw that. that's what I get for using old information and assumptions.

Tctiger
05-25-2012, 10:18 AM
I think you need an all gold army to try in which case you don't need the bonus , mmm

CAPT.GIN
05-25-2012, 10:25 AM
there are gold users who've literally put well over $1000 into this game. There was one guy who had over 300 units that cost 900 gold (worth $80) each! a lot of the 500 winners for this is going to be gold users who are actively fighting, methinks.

as for probability, Gin, here's one perspective: MW had about 20000 ratings on the appstore last I saw, and lets say 1 in 5 people actually give a rating, so there's 100000 people with the app, add a few thousand for multiple device users, so let's say 110000. how many people have since deleted the app? how many actually play on a regular basis? of that, how many are actually going for a shot to be one of the 500?

I'm pulling these figures outta my butt, but yeah, slim to none.

Man I tryed to read it and got so lost haha

Ramshutu
05-25-2012, 10:33 AM

HAHAHAAHAHA.

Or, to paraphrase. You need to be in the biggest spending 500 in the game.

Once I phrased it like that, I gave up.

GodlikeNay
05-25-2012, 11:09 AM
I kind of agree with Tctiger, it has all been said before regarding the econimics of the game. Here is a forum post I started back in January about changing the economics of the game. I still tend to agree with most of what I originally wrote, but I do realize that it's probably way too late to change anything in the game now. Where I'm a bit disapointed is with Kingdom Age, where they had a chance to implement change from the very beginning, but chose not to.

I have chosen to spend a little bit of money on the game to support it since I've put a rediculous amount of time into it, but I still don't think you get much for your money and I still think they are missing a huge market because of this.

http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?17474-Changing-the-Game’s-Economics

Sugarymama
05-25-2012, 04:59 PM
I think you need an all gold army to try in which case you don't need the bonus , mmm

That's the irony of this whole contest. I'm participating for the fun of it, and I enjoy PVP, but the chances of me winning are slim to none, especially after I saw the stats someone posted earlier. How many people have downloaded the game?????

But, I'm sure there are thousands who have the game on their devices who don't play often or at all. I have had Crime City on my iPad for months and haven't started it yet. Just wasn't in the mood when I first got it, and now Modern War has taken over. I also play other games from the App Store.

John Snow
05-25-2012, 05:08 PM
If the winners are simply determined by how many successful attacks you can make in the next 4 days, why not just give the Black Dragon Fighter to the 500 people with the most stamina? Then, for the next 4 days, anyone who wants to spend gold can buy their way into the top 500. In a nutshell, this appears to be the event mechanism.

What would be more interesting is if you got an entry into the sweepstakes for the Black Dragon Fighter each time you initiated and won a PvP. At the end of the event Funzio would select 500 winners from all of the "entries". That would make me want to participate, because with just 7 stamina...

What?
05-25-2012, 07:58 PM
Ironic people with all gold armies will probably win this prize and they are the ones who dont need the lesser casualty rate this unit brings.

manbeast
05-25-2012, 08:11 PM
i really dont think there are that many players or gold spenders. if i pvp for a couple hrs i know the names of pretty much everyone at my lvl. so there cant be that many active players.

Selfproclaimed
05-25-2012, 08:19 PM
You haven't hit whale territory yet. Apparently,there's "pirates" and other groups ,extremely heavy gold spenders

JohnnyR
05-25-2012, 08:25 PM
With you on this, MB. I've only seen like 2 majors, and 34 of captains in my range, and that to me indicates there isn't a TON of PVP action here b/w 107-110 (can see 105-112).

manbeast
05-25-2012, 09:58 PM
With you on this, MB. I've only seen like 2 majors, and 34 of captains in my range, and that to me indicates there isn't a TON of PVP action here b/w 107-110 (can see 105-112).

well, i'm glad someone agrees with me. i have yet to see a major at my lvl. only a few captains. with all the people sitting this event out i actually think i have a decent chance at winning. maybe i'm delusional. but i'm losing anything by participating. was having a hard time keeping camo packs in stock. now i have almost 30 lol

self proclaimed- from what i understand, the whole reason for whale territory is b/c there arent many ppl up there. if their rivals list worked the same way ours do (+/- one level) there would prob be like 10 ppl on it at lvl 150 or w/e. and yea the pirates are powerful, but its bc of their gold and their stats, not bc of their numbers. theres prob like 20 members or something.

War Priest
05-26-2012, 05:25 PM
they added it to the pic. 50 bullets confirmed
http://i1175.photobucket.com/albums/r640/vitus79/6007a028.jpg

Did you edit this? Mine doesn't show the number of bullets.

jackdoggett
05-26-2012, 05:30 PM
Agreed. Seems like a kind of lame way to generate renewed interest in pvp.

Arj
05-26-2012, 05:32 PM
I believe it only shows it if your bars bigger then 50 War Priest, mine doesnt show either.

War Priest
05-26-2012, 05:37 PM
50 would be nice. That is my goal. That and getting energy to 1000.

Arj
05-26-2012, 05:39 PM
50 would be nice. That is my goal. That and getting energy to 1000.

Yeah 50 makes sense to me too specially if theres going to be more PVP events. 10gold for 50hits seems really good:)

Selfproclaimed
05-26-2012, 05:40 PM
He must of edited,either way,the guy clearly has a lot of stamina but just goes to show, he's not even in the top 500. Another thing to consider is the timing of this event. On memorial day weekend. So majority of people will be out the whole weekend partying and such.